Justice League/DC movie thread

Comments

• HawkingbirdHawkingbird Crack is back! Joined: Posts: 24,130
    I expect Whedon to kill off Jim. Always got to kill the minor character who's a fan favorite.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    SFV Lounge discord: https://discord.gg/Tp23Ccr
  • Da StunnaDa Stunna A True Paradox Joined: Posts: 898
    JLALloyd wrote: »
    I am actually starting to hate the feminist agenda.

T7FR - Steve, Law, Dragonuv
    SFV - Balrog, Guile, Ibuki
    KOF14 - King/Benimaru/Leona
    GGxrdR - Chipp
    MKXL - Cassie

• FDreamFDream Joined: Posts: 778
    Da Stunna wrote: »
    JLALloyd wrote: »
    I am actually starting to hate the feminist agenda.

If you were not hating them already what makes you indifferent towards their toxic ways?
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 20,305
    What is there 1 girl?
    Because Wonder Woman needs no backup :wink:
    Never pay double the retail price
  • GomuGomuGomuGomu Strider Sucks Joined: Posts: 9,402
    I can't look at tweets like those and take them with a single grain of seriousness. It's like a watching a 13yr old troll just discovering the internet for the first time.
    PSN: xXGomuGomuXx
  • Da StunnaDa Stunna A True Paradox Joined: Posts: 898
    FDream wrote: »
    If you were not hating them already what makes you indifferent towards their toxic ways?
    I use to never give it much attention honestly.

I've skimmed a couple of articles here and there. I believe women receive a lot of unneccessary scrutiny in society sometimes, very much so in other countries. And I can empathize with their desire to be on even footing with their male counterparts...

But I've also spoken to a couple of feminists in person..

WHAT. THE. FUCK.

Motherfuckers will catch an attitude and pick a fight with you over anything. You'll notice that most of them stay single because no man wants to endure that wishy-washy bullshit. I'm not walking on egg shells just because they want to decide to get offended over every little fucking thing. Christ.

T7FR - Steve, Law, Dragonuv
    SFV - Balrog, Guile, Ibuki
    KOF14 - King/Benimaru/Leona
    GGxrdR - Chipp
    MKXL - Cassie

• jae hoonjae hoon Flames of Justice Joined: Posts: 11,776 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    FDream wrote: »
    I use to never give it much attention honestly.

I've skimmed a couple of articles here and there. I believe women receive a lot of unneccessary scrutiny in society sometimes, very much so in other countries. And I can empathize with their desire to be on even footing with their male counterparts...

But I've also spoken to a couple of feminists in person..

WHAT. THE. FUCK.

Motherfuckers will catch an attitude and pick a fight with you over anything. You'll notice that most of them stay single because no man wants to endure that wishy-washy bullshit. I'm not walking on egg shells just because they want to decide to get offended over every little fucking thing. Christ.

Or they get themselves a whipping boy who turns into Steve Shives.
    SRK Kobrai Kai - Kickin bitches in the face since 2001
  • jimmy1200jimmy1200 Joined: Posts: 8,868
    GomuGomu wrote: »
    I can't look at tweets like those and take them with a single grain of seriousness. It's like a watching a 13yr old troll just discovering the internet for the first time.

Exactly. Shes a self proclaimed feminist, lesbian, nerd, and gamer. Ignore these mentally ill people. She also looks like this..
    C79Rp_SXUAAqw02.jpg
    LEMME GET DAT!
  • axeman61axeman61 My Baby Blue. Joined: Posts: 4,421
    She looks like she could have been Wonder Woman though. Kinda.
    "I want to find an honest [president]. Some guy who's just going to get on TV and be like 'Look, in order for this whole thing to work, at least two-thirds of you need to just go to the beach and walk into the ocean.'"
    -Bill Burr.
  • HD-ManHD-Man Big Apple 3 A.M Joined: Posts: 10,472
    Slade's one liners in this Judas Contract movie arr gold. Lmao

"I wake up and piss excellence"
  • dn3000dn3000 Joined: Posts: 3,269
    Or she is the rapist...
  • crazymasterhandcrazymasterhand LAZERS PEW PEW Joined: Posts: 275
    I thought the Judas Contract movie was kinda dry compared to the comic and cartoon versions. Felt like they were just going through the motions like Terra decided to kill herself because it was time for the movie to end.

Though it was funny when Terra was like "baby come to bed" and Slade's like "nah Chris Hansen ain't gonna catch me this time"
  • GimpyGimpy Joined: Posts: 8,778 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Speaking of Deathstroke, I was wondering this about him. Is he considered a metahuman?
    C.O.P.A

Me, Shinshay, Shatterstar, Lil' Majin, Rokusho, Nobita Kun, Million, Hold Dat, R.P.D rookie, shinryukev, Mycah Leonhart, b1gazn, Warblade49, GunflameBuri, Shizuma_15, Level 3
  • dn0sdn0s Joined: Posts: 404
    In the Priest run of Deathstroke, he has a dormant metahuman gene but he is considered an "enhanced" human like Captain America.
    dn0s wrote: »
    In the Priest run of Deathstroke, he has a dormant metahuman gene but he is considered an "enhanced" human like Captain America.

Thanks! So I was sort of right explaining to a close lady-friend of mine. LOL!!!
    C.O.P.A

Me, Shinshay, Shatterstar, Lil' Majin, Rokusho, Nobita Kun, Million, Hold Dat, R.P.D rookie, shinryukev, Mycah Leonhart, b1gazn, Warblade49, GunflameBuri, Shizuma_15, Level 3
  • tataa8Ptataa8P tourney. banned. washed-up. veteran. Joined: Posts: 801 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Gimpy wrote: »

Thanks! So I was sort of right explaining to a close lady-friend of mine. LOL!!!

wait, what? you have a "close lady-friend" that you had to explain this to?!
    giphy.gif
    modern-day absolute truth™ :
    - Assumption is the Mother of all Fuck-Ups -
    edited April 7
    tataa8P wrote: »

wait, what? you have a "close lady-friend" that you had to explain this to?!
    giphy.gif

Well last year she saw Deadpool and loved the movie. A little bit after that she became intrigued with him and she knew I was visiting a comic book store frequently so she asked to come along. We got her a couple of Deadpool comics and I would say a month or two later, she said the comics didn't seem interesting and it she started losing interest in him.

We went to dinner afterwards and I started telling her who he was copied...err...I mean based off of (LOL) so she started asking me questions about if he was a mutant. I said no but I told her he's equivalent to Captain America and I explained to her in DC Comics they don't really have mutants but metahumans. The reason I said I was sort of right is I was leaning towards the enhanced human but knowing DC, and how dn0s mentioned the dormant meta gene, that he might have been a meta.

C.O.P.A

• crucadescrucades Its a Kinda Bullshit Joined: Posts: 10,825
    Judas Contract was decent, Deathstroke outright stole the show tho.
    "I was fighting from the day I was born!"

-Michael 'The Count' Bisping, Greatest MW Champion of all time
  • tataa8Ptataa8P tourney. banned. washed-up. veteran. Joined: Posts: 801 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Well last year she saw Deadpool and loved the movie. A little bit after that she became intrigued with him and she knew I was visiting a comic book store frequently so she asked to come along. We got her a couple of Deadpool comics and I would say a month or two later, she said the comics didn't seem interesting and it she started losing interest in him.

We went to dinner afterwards and I started telling her who he was copied...err...I mean based off of (LOL) so she started asking me questions about if he was a mutant. I said no but I told her he's equivalent to Captain America and I explained to her in DC Comics they don't really have mutants but metahumans. The reason I said I was sort of right is I was leaning towards the enhanced human but knowing DC, and how dn0s mentioned the dormant meta gene, that he might have been a meta.

ah, i get it. well, Deadpool really is a mutant and DC sticking with meta/enhanced f_aggotry BS means they don't have to jump into the "i'm-a-mutant-too" garbage that Marvel has been trying to overhaul for the last few years.
    modern-day absolute truth™ :
    - Assumption is the Mother of all Fuck-Ups -
  • JoshkazJoshkaz Princess Luna is my Waifu Joined: Posts: 15,038
    DP aint a mutant.
    "You embarrass me," said Shadow, smiling. Then Shadow took his penis out and picked Cream up. "Let me charge up for a super ejaculation!" Shadow laid Cream down on the ground and then took his penis with him, which was already huge and shaking with sex energy, and found Cream's Piggy Bank, which was full of coins and dollars and things to save up for money, so she could buy what she wanted when she had enough inside it. Shadow took it and using his muscular penis, smashed a hole right through the piggy bank so now it was sitting on top of his penis like a hat. Shadow's penis looked like it belonged in a fashion show.
  • WilWil Joined: Posts: 5,950
    Justice League trailer with animated series music

SFV: Cammy, Ibuki, Karin
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 22,751
    Makes me wanna watch 2001 animated Justice League though.
    At least that one has a Green Lantern in it

Multiple GLs depending on the episode... Even got Hal and Kyle in there.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 35,236 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    po pimpus wrote: »
    Lol no. That trash don't deserve that music.

theres talk that final scene will have superman ala spidey in captain america civil and be a homage to the cartoon
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
    maxx wrote: »
    Lol no. That trash don't deserve that music.

theres talk that final scene will have superman ala spidey in captain america civil and be a homage to the cartoon

That mofo better not make a "World of Cardboard" speech with his no holds barred, indiscriminate murdering...
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10

Is this DCAU? I will fucks with this if it is. Harley gonna rape Nightwing.
  • RockBogartRockBogart Donkologist, Ph.D Joined: Posts: 37,111 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I dunno man. Them throwing Harley into everything got old extremely fast. Plus this seems very flat for some reason
    They did say this movie exists to capitalize on Harley's Suicide Squad popularity. It won't surprise if this was just thrown together. The production value and the voice acting is all flat.
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 19,981
    edited April 10
    I feel like Malissa could have done better with Harley. Shes not awful, but something missing...I dunno.
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
  • HD-ManHD-Man Big Apple 3 A.M Joined: Posts: 10,472
    Movie looks forced as hell, but I'm a sucker for the old DCAU,, so ill still watch, just keep my expectations low

"I wake up and piss excellence"
    That's fewer Batman movies than they usually put out... Are they hurting for money thanks to Hack Snyder?
    Of course Superman isn't getting shit. Gotta suck off Bat-God some more.
  • dn0sdn0s Joined: Posts: 404
    I like Batman, but DC has relied on him far too much. It's been apparent for awhile but was completely obvious in JL: Dark
  • Reason4UReason4U Joined: Posts: 4,387
    edited April 15
    Batman is the franchise. He is the face and top hero of DC and has been for 2 decades now.

I said this like a year ago and the Supercucks got all butthurt in here. Posting essays and shit lol.

I like how you guys still pretend to be surprised. Stop bullshitting, you know what it is.
    You ain't SHIT Wesker!!! - Dormmammu
    MK9-Sub Zero, Sonya VF-Goh, Brad Tekken-Lee, Hwo,Paul,Leo
    SFxT-Cody/Poison
    Skullgirls-Peacock,Cerabella,Painwheel TTT2- Lee/Hwo, Paul/Leo, JC/Steve
    C.O.P.A

• RockBogartRockBogart Donkologist, Ph.D Joined: Posts: 37,111 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited April 15
    I've stated numerous times that the reliance on Batman has hurt their product. Comic book fans have always been their own worst enemy because they pretend to want variety and quality but complain when you give them just that. The only fanbase that is worse than comics is probably pro wrestling. Jonathan Hickman had to spend over half a decade penning an epic tale spanning multiple titles to get remotely close to a mediocre Batman story in terms of sales.

One thing DC/WB still hasn't learned is that the movie biz is less forgiving than comics.

Another example of Comic book fan's aint shitness is the reaction to the Thor swap. Silly cunts acted like they actually cared but when Jason Aaron was putting together the best story in the character's history, he had to struggle to make it to the bottom 30s.

Post edited by RockBogart on
    edited April 15
    RockBogart wrote: »
    One thing DC/WB still hasn't learned is that the movie biz is less forgiving than comics.

Another example of Comic book fan's aint shitness is the reaction to the Thor swap. Silly cunts acted like they actually cared but when Jason Aaron was putting together the best story in the character's history, he had to struggle to make it to the bottom 30s.
    You are complaining about 2 different things and they are not really tied together.

DC gives Batman focus BECAUSE there is so much demand for him and his family. Not the other way around. He is the best hero ever to many people.

Your other point about Comic book fans being worse than Wrestling fans is bullshit. Comic fans WON'T pay you for trying to push characters they dont like. If your character isn't selling then there is something flawed with the character.

Wrestling fans are like you and will bitch and moan about things but just like they pay to see WWE push shitty wrestlers you will always be there next time they half ass a Superman Movie.

Flash and Supergirl have decent TV SHOWS now. Batman haters are running out of excuses

SFxT-Cody/Poison
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 19,981
    RockB probably reads more comic books then anyone here hahahaha.
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
    edited April 15
    What the fuck are you even talking about?

The focus on Batman doesnt hurt their product is my point. Its hate placed in the wrong place.

DC making weird decisions like picking Barry over Wally, changing WW's backstory, and all the confusing shit going on with Supes in N52/Rebirth has been a much bigger factor.

Meanwhile Batman has stayed easy for new comic fans to follow and keep up with.
    SFxT-Cody/Poison