Justice League/DC movie thread

1454647484951»

Comments

• RockBogartRockBogart Donkologist, Ph.D Joined: Posts: 37,110 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited April 15
    No one said Batman wasn't in demand. We're stating that the company's increased reliance on him has resulted mediocre products. People will pay for a mediocre (or less popular) product if Batman is attached to it. And yes if you read social media and responses to various articles; comic book fans continually ask for one thing when that's not what they want. Motherfuckers continually ask for better stories while shelling out cash for that terrible JLA comic that just so happens to be a Batcentric book. The Batman in JLA isn't even the same one that Tom King is writing. It's so bad.
    Reason4U wrote: »
    The focus on Batman doesnt hurt their product is my point. Its hate placed in the wrong place.

So It's okay to have a bunch of mediocre to trash non-main Bat titles for the sake of moving units? :rofl:

JL Dark could have used all of Batman's scenes for more character development. Post Flashpoint movie, all we've gotten with the exception of Assault On Arkham is a bunch of trash "I am Batman" movies. Before Flashpoint, we had a lot of variety and the quality was way better.

Invincible has been the best super hero comic issue to issue since its debut. That shits lucky to crack top 50. There a dozens of other books who have been way better than anything the big two are doing but wont make top 50 in sales and are lucky to see the top 100 at all. So don't sit there and say "it's just the characters". This is shit that's done by favorite writer's, favorite writer. The fact that I gotta tell people about Saga, Luther Strode, and East of West proves that it isn't about story and characters. Deathstroke and Nightwing are two of the best books coming out of Rebirth and they're in the 80s and 30s on the sales list respectively.

RockB probably reads more comic books then anyone here hahahaha.

Not probably, son :rofl:

po pimpus wrote: »
    What the fuck are you even talking about?

I don't fucking know. He even edited his post when I was in the middle of my response. He knows that "Batman is relatable" argument is the dumbest thing you can say.

More about the aintshitness of comic book fans

• Reason4UReason4U Joined: Posts: 4,375
    edited April 15
    RockBogart wrote: »
    "Batman is relatable" argument is the dumbest thing you can say.

I took it out because my post was too long lol. He is relatable, in many ways. From his struggles with his family and trying to be dad without ever having one of his own to having a code to live by that alot of people disagree with.
    No one said Batman wasn't in demand. We're stating that the company's increased reliance on him has resulted mediocre products. People will pay for a mediocre (or less popular) product if Batman is attached to it.

Bullshit. I feel DC has put out alot of great books in this era for many characters. The issue is they keep fucking with things that weren't broken and it hurts those characters popularity.
    No one said Batman wasn't in demand. We're stating that the company's increased reliance on him has resulted mediocre products. People will pay for a mediocre (or less popular) product if Batman is attached to it. And yes if you read social media and responses to various articles; comic book fans continually ask for one thing when that's not what they want. Motherfuckers continually ask for better stories while shelling out cash for that terrible JLA comic that just so happens to be a Batcentric book. The Batman in JLA isn't even the same one that Tom King is writing. It's so bad.

Invincible has been the best super hero comic issue to issue since its debut. That shits lucky to crack top 50.

Invincible is godlike. No debate. But he isnt DC or Marvel and hasn't had a TV show or movie yet. Of course he will struggle.

Mark is get his time, if fucking Dare Devil can get a movie deal he will eventually.

Deathstroke and Nightwing are two of the best books coming out of Rebirth and they're in the 80s and 30s on the sales list respectively.

Deathstroke has NEVER been popular. Why are you surprised? I keep telling you people dont like his character, it doesnt matter how good the book is.

NW has highs and lows, its always been that way. He is getting a MOVIE which will help those sales skyrocket I'm sure.
    You ain't SHIT Wesker!!! - Dormmammu
    MK9-Sub Zero, Sonya VF-Goh, Brad Tekken-Lee, Hwo,Paul,Leo
    SFxT-Cody/Poison
    Skullgirls-Peacock,Cerabella,Painwheel TTT2- Lee/Hwo, Paul/Leo, JC/Steve

trying to be dad without ever having one of his own

Stopped reading here :rofl:
    trying to be dad without ever having one of his own

Stopped reading here :rofl:

What Alfred? Sure he is a father figure but anyone who has grown up without their dad knows that shit is NOT the same.

Feels different.

SFxT-Cody/Poison
  • LantisLantis Can you fly, Bobby? Joined: Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Nah, Batman ruining DC movies over here because now everyone has to have a "dark, brooding origin story" because obviously being a metahuman IS SO HARD OMG.
    There's no holding me back
    I'm not driven by fear
    I'm just driven by anger
    And you're under attack
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 19,957
    Bruce Wayne has a fucking kid. Damien is kid, wtf.
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
    Lantis wrote: »
    Nah, Batman ruining DC movies over here because now everyone has to have a "dark, brooding origin story" because obviously being a metahuman IS SO HARD OMG.

This is why I was glad Logan was so good.

I agree trying to make Supes brooding was dumb as hell but people are really taking it overboard.

There can be superhero movies with alot of depth that doesnt need every other line to be a joke or a one liner.
    SFxT-Cody/Poison
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 22,617
    Are you shitting me? The only characters that should be dark and brooding are Batman and Wolverine.

These are comic book movies, for fucks sake... They should be fun.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
    edited April 15
    Are you shitting me? The only characters that should be dark and brooding are Batman and Wolverine.

Punisher? X- 23? Magneto movie? Jessica Jones? Rogue? Raven? Redhood? John Stewart GL?

Characters can be dark and brooding while the movie itself still being amazing and fun to watch.

I love the recent Marvel movies but thats not the ONLY way to make good hero movies.
    SFxT-Cody/Poison
    edited April 15
    Yeah, forgive me for not naming every single dark and brooding hero. Here, I'll name a bunch that aren't brooding, but fucking idiots keep making them so in live action:

Superman, Spider-Man, the Flash, Green Arrow, Nightcrawler, the FANTASTIC FUCKING FOUR... Yes, even Ben Grimm doesn't spend all his time lamenting the fact he's a living pile of rocks, and is usually pretty upbeat and funny.

Marvel ain't the only way to do entertaining super hero flicks, but DC sure as fuck is not the way in any circumstance.

Even Batman isn't a dark and brooding asshole all the time.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • Darc RequiemDarc Requiem The Light Emitting Darkness Joined: Posts: 6,719

Daredevil is pretty dark and brooding. Frank Miller basically just took his DD shtick and applied it to Batman when he went to DC.
    Frank Miller could take the goddamn Wonder Twins and make them emotastic siblings with daddy issues.

If he made them both dudes. Frank Miller can't write women for shit.
    I swear Newsrama is creeping my social media. So another issue that fans like to bitch about is the renumberings. The problem with that complaint is, that bitching doesn't translate into less sales. it actually translates into way more sales. The reason\ Marvel Now, New 52 (turrrrble), and Rebirth (even worse) had strong launches is because they renumbered the issues from those points. Despite all the crying they do, fans are conditioned to buy more comics at lower numbers.

giphy.gif
  • NickRocksNickRocks or whatever Joined: Posts: 22,186
    Frank Miller could take the goddamn Wonder Twins and make them emotastic siblings with daddy issues.

martha washington says hi u ignorant meme ass mf
    King of the Post-09ers
    Last of the Prembers, R.I.P. my nibbas
    Maximilian is a racist thief
    https://clips.twitch.tv/maximilian_dood/DifferentBeeHeyGuys
    NickRocks wrote: »

martha washington says hi u ignorant meme ass mf

A broken clock is right twice a day.
  • GimpyGimpy Joined: Posts: 8,757 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited April 18
    Post edited by Gimpy on
    C.O.P.A

Me, Shinshay, Shatterstar, Lil' Majin, Rokusho, Nobita Kun, Million, Hold Dat, R.P.D rookie, shinryukev, Mycah Leonhart, b1gazn, Warblade49, GunflameBuri, Shizuma_15, Level 3
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird Crack is back! Joined: Posts: 24,036
    Trailer for Krypton. Looking heavily influenced by the Krypton from Man of Steel.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    SFV Lounge discord: https://discord.gg/Tp23Ccr
    I'm feeling the trailer. Some people think the show may feature Brainiac at some point.
    C.O.P.A

Me, Shinshay, Shatterstar, Lil' Majin, Rokusho, Nobita Kun, Million, Hold Dat, R.P.D rookie, shinryukev, Mycah Leonhart, b1gazn, Warblade49, GunflameBuri, Shizuma_15, Level 3
  • ruthless_nashruthless_nash Joined: Posts: 1,870
    basically Game of Thrones... in space...
    basically Game of Thrones... in space...

That would be pretty hype actually. Just have to get Sean Bean to die in season 1.
  • maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 35,201 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Gimpy wrote: »
    I'm feeling the trailer. Some people think the show may feature Brainiac at some point.

makes sense because they made a kandor reference in there i believe.
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
    I must be the only one that's meh on this "let's make a show based on an iconic character's universe and not feature said iconic character" trend going on in comic book based TV shows.

I want a faithful depiction of Superman/Batman, not a fluff piece about the world they live in.

Not saying it can't work... The GCPD comic was great, but something gets lost in translation.
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird Crack is back! Joined: Posts: 24,036
    I think these kind of shows can be great when the lore is deep enough to not need said ironic character. The lore of Batman and Superman are strong enough to support this kind of thing. With Superman I rather have a show about Metropolis than Krypton.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    SFV Lounge discord: https://discord.gg/Tp23Ccr
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 19,957
    I think it's fine if the actual stories are worthwhile and the characters can prop up the material. To say the only worthwhile stories to tell in the Superman universe or Batman universe are Superman and Batmans is narrow minded imo.

The problem is, from what I have watched of Gotham...the writers have failed in this regard. The stories where silly and weak, the characters uninteresting and boring, and the world bland and also boring, which is fucking incredible when you're dealing with Gotham City, James Gordon, and Flask.

Now personally, I don't really care about Krypton. I'm just not interested. Would be nice if the show runners can make me interested tho.
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
    C.O.P.A

Oh come the fuck on... Get this wack ass Joker the fuck outta here.

Goddamn Hack Snyder.
  • InfernomanInfernoman Bro as Hell Joined: Posts: 8,870
    That Joker appeals to the wack comic book millennial fans who think modern art takes great skill. Looks like he's going to rape Bats there...
    Who else in a movie wrestled an evil lesbian and by forcefully kissing her, turned her not only heterosexual but good as well? Exactly. That, my friend, is the power of Sean motherfucking Connery - Valaris

Goddamn Hack Snyder.

Can't blame Snyder for the Joker. That was all David Ayers.

Goddamn Hack Snyder.

Can't blame Snyder for the Joker. That was all David Ayers.

Fuck him too.
    Unless Leto is trolling, it might be safe to say that the Joker is going to be maybe one of the two main villians in The Batman. I say one of the two because it seemed Joe might not be Deathstroke in the new Batman movie or the DCEU but then this came up....

http://batman-news.com/2017/04/10/joe-manganiello-deathstroke-marv-wolfman/
    C.O.P.A