Justice League/DC movie thread

Comments

• po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 25,782
    maxx wrote: »
    RockBogart wrote: »
    crucades wrote: »
    Hes got cloverfield and dawn of the planet of the apes as the only decent shit hes done, in his whole career. Still meh its Batman its gonna be ok, like there no way a Superman Returns can happen again right?

ben claims he staying and will be heavily involved in the process....but man...i really wanted a ben directed batflick. hes been on a hot streak.

imagine it....ben affleck as bruce. all of sudden batman takes place in a imaginary version of boston where batman is a gangster. ya know...cause thats like ben afflecks past 10 movies. boston gangster.

That last one was trash tho

meh. no one goes on forever making dope movies

Denzel.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 36,502 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    po pimpus wrote: »
    Hes got cloverfield and dawn of the planet of the apes as the only decent shit hes done, in his whole career. Still meh its Batman its gonna be ok, like there no way a Superman Returns can happen again right?

ben claims he staying and will be heavily involved in the process....but man...i really wanted a ben directed batflick. hes been on a hot streak.

imagine it....ben affleck as bruce. all of sudden batman takes place in a imaginary version of boston where batman is a gangster. ya know...cause thats like ben afflecks past 10 movies. boston gangster.

Denzel.

how do you wanna play this debate because denzel has technically directed only 3 movies.
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/

Denzel.

how do you wanna play this debate because denzel has technically directed only 3 movies.

I thought you were talking acting wise. I think it's impossible to consistently direct great movies back to back.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10

Denzel.

I thought you were talking acting wise. I think it's impossible to consistently direct great movies back to back.

making in general. all of afflecks boston gangster movies are pretty much him directing lol.

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
  • crucadescrucades Its a Kinda Bullshit Joined: Posts: 11,465
    Accountant was wack but he was pretty good in it.
    "I was fighting from the day I was born!"

-Michael 'The Count' Bisping, Greatest MW Champion of all time
    Hollywood is cool with Riggs again?

I hope DC Films gets raped by a pack of...
    Yo you seen Hacksaw Ridge? Movie was beyond amazing, sure some plebs might have a problem with Gibsons stellar track record with unsavory bitches and those pesky jews but he stands with Eastwood and Cameron as one of the best directors in the business when you want a hard hitting action film.

You know the 2 later aint crazy enough to touch this bullshit, Gibson might and it would be far better for it.

cue feminist hate train....wooo woooo

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:

They will be conflicted because its got "feminist icon" Harley "I'm only strong and independent when the Joker's not around" Quinn.
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 26,292

They will be conflicted because its got "feminist icon" Harley "I'm only strong and independent when the Joker's not around" Quinn.

Harley is getting her own spin-off movie. She doesn't need to be in the sequel.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger

Harley is getting her own spin-off movie. She doesn't need to be in the sequel.

She does if they want people to go see it. Nobody was watching the first one for Deadshot and Rick Flagg, let's be real.

Deadshot was being played by Will Smith and the guy can carry a movie. The sequel will be fine if they get him back on board.
    Will Smith can carry a movie? ROFL. He was the worst part in Suicide Squad, the worst part in a totally shit movie. This dude I swear ta gawd...

• JoshkazJoshkaz Princess Luna is my Waifu Joined: Posts: 15,278
    Bruv....When was the last time Will Smith carried anything?
    "You embarrass me," said Shadow, smiling. Then Shadow took his penis out and picked Cream up. "Let me charge up for a super ejaculation!" Shadow laid Cream down on the ground and then took his penis with him, which was already huge and shaking with sex energy, and found Cream's Piggy Bank, which was full of coins and dollars and things to save up for money, so she could buy what she wanted when she had enough inside it. Shadow took it and using his muscular penis, smashed a hole right through the piggy bank so now it was sitting on top of his penis like a hat. Shadow's penis looked like it belonged in a fashion show.
    LOL there are rumors popping up that Affleck is trying to get out of his DCEU contract... Apparently, him stepping down as director of the Batman movie is the start of him trying to distance himself from this trainwreck of a movie franchise universe.

LMAO
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 21,610
    Yea I seen that in a few places.
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
  • FDreamFDream Joined: Posts: 920
    Can you really blame him though? rather be a MCU super hero these days. Upfront contract that has the potential to make you millions upon millions.

While the DCU is barely a functioning Universe
    This sucks for Affleck. He's been a dream of his portraying Batman in film.
  • GimpyGimpy Joined: Posts: 9,391 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Yeah I heard that rumor too. I also heard the guy who reported it said take it with a grain of salt.

C.O.P.A

Me, Shinshay, Shatterstar, Lil' Majin, Rokusho, Nobita Kun, Million, Hold Dat, R.P.D rookie, shinryukev, Mycah Leonhart, b1gazn, Warblade49, GunflameBuri, Shizuma_15, Level 3
  • GimpyGimpy Joined: Posts: 9,391 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    C.O.P.A

Me, Shinshay, Shatterstar, Lil' Majin, Rokusho, Nobita Kun, Million, Hold Dat, R.P.D rookie, shinryukev, Mycah Leonhart, b1gazn, Warblade49, GunflameBuri, Shizuma_15, Level 3
  • axeman61axeman61 My Baby Blue. Joined: Posts: 4,748
    edited February 18
    Wow. Can anyone tell me any top-level reasons why the DC Movies are failing in terms of production? It's easy to point at a million reasons why the individual movies (BvS, Suicide Squad) stunk, but I'm now getting the feeling that the studio itself is just fucked from the inside. Like half the decisions they make with these movies are doomed to fail, even though the movies themselves will make money. Why is that? Who's at the top that's allowing all this BS to happen?
    "I want to find an honest [president]. Some guy who's just going to get on TV and be like 'Look, in order for this whole thing to work, at least two-thirds of you need to just go to the beach and walk into the ocean.'"
    -Bill Burr.
    The problem with DC's movies is that they don't have someone like Kevin Feige to give their movies a united vision and long term plan. They went through a executive restructuring after the poor critical reception of BvS and it leaked down to Suicide Squad when reshoots were ordered 4 months before the movie was set for release.
  • FoolinfectionFoolinfection Big fish in a little pond 4 LIFE Joined: Posts: 2,207
    I just think they don't know what they are doing, and are rushing far too fast. Marvel spent a few years just building up the good will to have a shared universe, then spent another few years building up the good will to have a shared universe movie (Avengers). DC/WB are skipping all that hard work and good will building and just making a mad sprint to the shared universe movie (Justice League) and it's not working...and it's going to continue not working. Banking way too hard on people loving these characters just because and that being enough to fill seats.

For what it's worth it seems to be paying off for them. However unfortunate for the people who want to see good versions of these movies.
    Welcome to the internet. God help you if you have an opinion.

I should start keeping written letters in sealed envelopes when I go to tournaments. If i get bodied, I give them one, and when they open it up it says "fuk u"

• crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 21,610
    I really wonder if it is tho, Costly re-shoots, directors jumping ship, lots of negative press.

Could be tho, I don't work in Hollywood after all.
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
    I sincerely doubt that these dc movies are making the bank that they should be making. Considering how much it cost to make these floppers ( talking B vs S here) i don't see them actually doing well.

The casting for dc could have been better also. The competition at least attempts to physically have standards for there heroes.

examples: Tony stark ( known for not being a physical super hero at all)
    3210077-0957556437-ironm.jpg

Captain america in his first showing
    144f956d2edcac2154f6f5bae1f0b951.jpg

Gal gadot in her first showing
    gal-gadot-as-wonder-woman.jpg

Batman and superman have on the other hand great showings in physique standards.
    I expect the negative press of their movies to snowball eventually. It's hard to be hyped for Wonder Woman when their last three movies have been disappointments.
  • FoolinfectionFoolinfection Big fish in a little pond 4 LIFE Joined: Posts: 2,207
    Like. I'm sure the movies are bringing in profits. Not great profits mind you. But they're definitely not flopping financially seeing as how they are making box office records. Cricitally however is a completely different story.
    Welcome to the internet. God help you if you have an opinion.

I should start keeping written letters in sealed envelopes when I go to tournaments. If i get bodied, I give them one, and when they open it up it says "fuk u"

Superman Returns made easy 6x on its investment and its one of the worst movies of all time. Comic movie rights are a blatant excuse to print money, its why they get away with shovelling out FF movies and nobody gets shot.

Not anymore FF is box office poison now thanks to Fox's bungling.

Batman about be straight Schumacher status in a minute too.
    Not saying they are not making profits. But a movie with batman and superman in it breaking records but not breaking bank records is moronic to say the least.
  • InfernomanInfernoman Bro as Hell Joined: Posts: 9,431
    Lego Batman movie was great. Just reboot all of DC into Lego. Lego justice League movie. Not to be confused with the lower budget ones made already... But even those are good
    Who else in a movie wrestled an evil lesbian and by forcefully kissing her, turned her not only heterosexual but good as well? Exactly. That, my friend, is the power of Sean motherfucking Connery - Valaris
  • ruthless_nashruthless_nash Joined: Posts: 2,124
    Maybe they need to follow the goddamn source material. Include fucking Green Lantern this shit. Maybe even Martian Manhunter. No one gives too shits about cyborg. Hes the poor mans black iron man. Woop de doo.

And yes better fucking casting and stop trying to make batman based on miller shit. Make flash actually look like flash. Only Gadot ill give them credit for even tho I was sceptical first.

Long story short people dont care about these actors.