Justice League/DC movie thread

Comments

• maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 35,818 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    its probably the artist in me...but i love how they make everything glow of hers. like i get the metaphor but visually i really love that look.
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
  • GimpyGimpy Joined: Posts: 9,076 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    dn0s wrote: »
    I'm just hoping this movie doesn't have nearly the cosplayers in the theater that Suicide Squad did.

DCEU don't let me down

Oh please....you know you loved it!! :rofl:
    C.O.P.A

Me, Shinshay, Shatterstar, Lil' Majin, Rokusho, Nobita Kun, Million, Hold Dat, R.P.D rookie, shinryukev, Mycah Leonhart, b1gazn, Warblade49, GunflameBuri, Shizuma_15, Level 3
  • tataa8Ptataa8P tourney. banned. washed-up. veteran. Joined: Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Fucking hell.

Zack Snyder back at it again... Or maybe not, LOLOLOL
    http://www.slashfilm.com/justice-league-reshoots-rumor/
    modern-day absolute truth™ :
    - Assumption is the Mother of all Fuck-Ups -
    C.O.P.A

Me, Shinshay, Shatterstar, Lil' Majin, Rokusho, Nobita Kun, Million, Hold Dat, R.P.D rookie, shinryukev, Mycah Leonhart, b1gazn, Warblade49, GunflameBuri, Shizuma_15, Level 3
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 25,334
    We don't know who they need for the reshoots. Gadot is obviously out and Momoa is busy with the Aquaman solo.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    SFV Lounge discord: https://discord.gg/Tp23Ccr
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 24,393

*eye roll*

So, how many people are gonna die in that fight?

I'm estimating millions.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • SaitsuSaitsu Tranquilo...ASSENAYO! Joined: Posts: 33,864
    po pimpus wrote: »

*eye roll*

So, how many people are gonna die in that fight?

I'm estimating millions.

Don't worry, the Rock is in the movie so everything will be offset by millions of Rock babies. :coffee:
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega
  • Dangerous JDangerous J Clinicals now!! Joined: Posts: 9,618 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/flash-matthew-vaughn-robert-zemeckis-sam-raimi-shortlist-direct-999680

Flash Director Short List:

Robert Zemeckis
    Matthew Vaughn
    Sam Raimi

I would love Zemeckis (1.21 gigawatts Barry!) to do it.
    He has experience with scifi and time travel and can get good performances from actors.
    Reailstically, he's an Oscar winning director and I dont really see him kowtowing to Snyder or DC execs if he were to join.
    He's probably too "big" of a name, but I'd love to be proven wrong.

Raimi , if he can not go overboard with camp like Spider-man 3 , could be decent and his optimism and color palette would be a welcome change from Snyder.

Vaughn is the most consistent director in Hollywood these days.
    Though, with the exception of Kingsman, he doesn't really do sequels.

PSN: DangerousJSRK

"There is no end to the adventures we can have,if only we seek them with our eyes open."
    -Jawaharlal Nehru
    Doesn't matter who directs if they aren't allowed to fix that dumpster fire of a script, or have the ability to tell WB execs to fuck off.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • crucadescrucades Its a Kinda Bullshit Joined: Posts: 11,073
    Vixen was a pretty good movie!
    "I was fighting from the day I was born!"

-Michael 'The Count' Bisping, Greatest MW Champion of all time
    So the embargo was lifted for Wonder Woman last night around 7 pm PST. So far, reviews have been mad positive. Also there was a rumor that said Billy Crudup left The Flash....guess what...he didn't. :cool:
    C.O.P.A

• RockBogartRockBogart Donkologist, Ph.D Joined: Posts: 37,304 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Can they keep a director and a writer tho?
    Apparently a ton of people love the hell out of the Wonder Woman movie (embargo was lifted). Apparently Gal Gadot and Chris Pine killed it.
    The only discouraging thing heard was the movie drags in the third act, but that just seems to be Superhero Movie tradition at this point. :coffee:
    Saitsu wrote: »
    Apparently a ton of people love the hell out of the Wonder Woman movie (embargo was lifted). Apparently Gal Gadot and Chris Pine killed it.

That's encouraging news... Diana could use a win after Injustice turned her into a manipulative bitch.

Alternate Universe

Also she did what she was supposed to do
    RockBogart wrote: »
    Saitsu wrote: »

That's encouraging news... Diana could use a win after Injustice turned her into a manipulative bitch.

Alternate Universe

Also she did what she was supposed to do

The alternate universe thing gets tossed out every time I lambast Snyder's shitty depiction of Superman, too.

When every story starts turning heroes into grimdark, murdering assholes, it stops being Elseworlds and starts becoming the widely accepted canon.

When a writer is too lazy to write an actual Superman story, you don't get to just slap "alternate universe" on that shit to cover up their lack of skill.
    But Injustice is an actual alternate universe. The day was saved by Earth 1 Superman. Wtf are you talking about :rofl:

I know... I'm talking about the constant teasing of a face turn that Injustice Supes goes through in I2, and the way he's been portrayed in the movies.
    But Injustice is an actual alternate universe. The day was saved by Earth 1 Superman. Wtf are you talking about :rofl:

I know... I'm talking about the constant teasing of a face turn that Injustice Supes goes through in I2, and the way he's been portrayed in the movies.

What?

Synder's movies never portrayed his Superman as a tyrannical mass murdering villain. They are nothing alike.

What?

Synder's movies never portrayed his Superman as a tyrannical mass murdering villain. They are nothing alike.

Tell that to the dude he smashed through seven walls in the beginning of BvS.
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 21,966

What?

I take it you never watched any of the animated Superman on WB or later his fights on Justice League on Cartoon network?
    Watched the Christopher Reeves Movies, or read any of the comics.

"You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance."
    Darksakul wrote: »

What?

I take it you never watched any of the animated Superman on WB or later his fights on Justice League on Cartoon network?
    Watched the Christopher Reeves Movies, or read any of the comics.

Supes doesn't throw building busting haymakers at normal people who can't take the punishment.

C'mon son...
    The best thing about Injustice 2 is that Superman still manages to be right while pulling some heinous shit. It touches on decisions that leaders often have to make and how being a blind idealist is often another evil.
    edited May 20

So Inj 3 prob gonna be about a Crisis

Cyborg prob has the best ending
  • LantisLantis Can you fly, Bobby? Joined: Posts: 6,248 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Superman ending in Story Mode is dark as fuck. It's like where you even go after that? GGPO universe.
    There's no holding me back
    I'm not driven by fear
    I'm just driven by anger
    And you're under attack
    edited May 20
    Lantis wrote: »
    Superman ending in Story Mode is dark as fuck. It's like where you even go after that? GGPO universe.

lololol. luckily its a fighting game and most endings arent true/canon endings. look at tekken 5 or 6 nonsense. lol mishimas lost in space was like a jin or kazuya ending.

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
  • LantisLantis Can you fly, Bobby? Joined: Posts: 6,248 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Tekken endings are always silly as fuck. I'm kinda surprised they're going down this SUPER SERIOUS TONE with Heihachi's wife and whatever BS this whole "end of the Mishima saga" is gonna imply in T7.
    There's no holding me back
    I'm not driven by fear
    I'm just driven by anger
    And you're under attack
    Lantis wrote: »
    Tekken endings are always silly as fuck. I'm kinda surprised they're going down this SUPER SERIOUS TONE with Heihachi's wife and whatever BS this whole "end of the Mishima saga" is gonna imply in T7.

most tekken endings are pretty normal/serious...but i cant remember which one 5 or 6 but it was super silly. like every fuckin ending was silly....for a series thats known for its storyline just as much as gameplay, that was a super weird choice.

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:

What?

That's not remotely the same. Taking out a terrorist during a hostage situation isn't the same as killing people in cold blood that Injustice Supes often does.
  • AriesWarlockAriesWarlock Joined: Posts: 3,260
    edited May 21
    late but wtf

Reason4U wrote: »
    Hal is by far one of the most interesting GLs ever. Nearly all the major GL story arcs have him playing a huge role and he embodies what a GL should be.

John is the very definition of generic, his defining feature is that he's black and that's about it.

This is the most factually inaccurate comic post you could make. Kyle is basically the god Lantern with the white ring.

He was. He got downgraded to ring lantern again :(

Starfire comes from a planet where clothing is seen as optional and somewhat restrictive. While she was always somewhat flirty, she was never the town bicycle- her heart always belonged to Grayson.

Until Dididididididididio and New 52, anyway...

Wasn't she? Before the New 52, Starfire gave it pretty easily and quickly to Captain Comet. She's a big girl, who cares.

Another shot of Amber Heard as Mera:
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DAIm8DfU0AAxpYn.jpg

Not bad, I would have preferred her new bare shoulders look though.
    "Umvc3 is a 2 player game the same way Super Mario Bros. was on NES. You gotta wait for someone to die before the other has a chance to play"
    I liked what King did with Kyle in Omega Men :rofl:
  • AriesWarlockAriesWarlock Joined: Posts: 3,260
    I read a bit of Omega Men, but didn't hold my interest. That's not what I wanted to see from the white lantern. His adventures on GL New Guardians were great.
    "Umvc3 is a 2 player game the same way Super Mario Bros. was on NES. You gotta wait for someone to die before the other has a chance to play"
  • locoghoullocoghoul Fuck Chun Joined: Posts: 3,637

Zero Hour-ish perhaps?
    3DS Friend Code: 3239-3711-4829
    locoghoul wrote: »

Zero Hour-ish perhaps?

NRS wants to do a Crisis Zero Hour is not the one to look at.
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 20,774
    My condolences to the Snyder family.
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
  • axeman61axeman61 My Baby Blue. Joined: Posts: 4,594
    edited May 22
    Yeah; that just sucks. Hope things get better.
    "I want to find an honest [president]. Some guy who's just going to get on TV and be like 'Look, in order for this whole thing to work, at least two-thirds of you need to just go to the beach and walk into the ocean.'"
    -Bill Burr.
  • Darc RequiemDarc Requiem The Light Emitting Darkness Joined: Posts: 7,605
    Damn....that's rough. Apparently it was a suicide which makes things that much worse for the family.
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 21,966
    http://comicbook.com/2017/05/22/joss-whedon-justice-league-zack-snyder/

Joss Whedon Replacing Zack Snyder as Justice League Director
    But I feel it's too late, even Whedon can't save this sinking ship.

Although I sorry to hear about Snyder's daughter, no one has to live though that.
    "You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance."
  • crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 20,774
    JLs pretty much in post preduction so yea.
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.