Justice League/DC movie thread

Comments

• po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 25,371
    edited September 2016
    Because Harley as a character is mostly flash and little substance they way they've written her so far in the film universe. Beyond her connection to the Joker, she doesn't have much to her as a character... Yes, we have seen layers of depth in the comics, but Snyder don't read those.

I just feel she's a character that does best when she's playing off of other established characters... Of which this universe has none. A solo Harley movie that doesn't feature a shit-ton of cameos will not be good, not with the clowns WB currently has making their films.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
    edited September 2016
    I was being nice, but leave it to Rock to take a sledgehammer to subtlety.

Not to mention it would be easy as fuck to add more depth to Harley as a character- She's got a degree in psychology, is fairly athletic, and all her time hanging around Poison Ivy and the Joker should have taught her a thing or three about theatrics and manipulation, not to mention Deadshot taught her about guns and proper aiming.

She could be a really interesting character, but nah fuck it, let's just make her a female Deadpool knock-off and kind of a slut to boot.

TAS Harley is rolling in her grave.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • The DamnedThe Damned Who needs a heart when a heart can be broken? Joined: Posts: 10,724 mod
    (New animated movie looks like it has potential, though Batman does indeed look out of place. Still, if he plays second fiddle to everyone else and actually acts as a goddamn detective for once, then he should be fine there. Seeing Constantine, Etrigan, Swamp Thing, and a few others get some due is nicer still though.)

Yeah, a solo Harley Quinn movie was basically guaranteed to unless Suicide Squad bombed so badly that it would have cost them money to do it and if Harley had been singled out as the reason for it for bombing so said. Given that did not happen and the movie made a lot of its money off Maggie Robbie between the aforementioned likely damaged fangirls and desperate guys, I was personally waiting for the official announcement.

Oh well. It should be fun which movie ends up being worse between Harley Quinn's solo and Wonder Woman's solo movies in the likely chance that neither of them are good.

that looks sick! who is the daredevil looking dude?

Since RockBogart was oh so helpful, I will inform you @ruthless_nash that said character is Deadman and all he has in common with Marvel's Daredevil is that their costumes look moderately similar.
    "Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."
    - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

"Freddie experienced the sort of abysmal soul-sadness which afflicts one of Tolstoy's Russian peasants when, after putting in a heavy day's work strangling his father, beating his wife, and dropping the baby into the city's reservoir, he turns to the cupboards, only to find the vodka bottle empty."
    - P. G. Wodehouse
  • DatSpardaUserDatSpardaUser Joined: Posts: 2,497
    RockBogart wrote: »
    I mean Harley not exactly that deep in the comics.

More like a complete clusterfuck of a character that barely has any identity left. But she sells up there with Bats, so gotta push her I guess...
    I intended to put Gohan into the leading role. It didn’t work out. I felt that compared to Goku, he was ultimately not suited for the part.
  • GravityGravity Joined: Posts: 2,385
    Saitsu wrote: »
    A Harley Quinn movie without Poison Ivy is just blasphemy tbqh. :coffee:

It's got to be Ivy or Joker. I really don't know what a Harely movie would be about.

Maybe her descent into madness? Or did suicide squad cover that already? I haven't seen it.
  • RockBogartRockBogart Donkologist, Ph.D Joined: Posts: 37,408 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Squad already covered her fall.
  • SaitsuSaitsu When a Kid, Becomes a Legend Joined: Posts: 34,614
    Gravity wrote: »
    Saitsu wrote: »
    A Harley Quinn movie without Poison Ivy is just blasphemy tbqh. :coffee:

It's got to be Ivy or Joker. I really don't know what a Harely movie would be about.

Maybe her descent into madness? Or did suicide squad cover that already? I haven't seen it.

The problem with Joker is he'd just take over the movie. Ivy compliments Harley without overshadowing her.
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega
  • The DamnedThe Damned Who needs a heart when a heart can be broken? Joined: Posts: 10,724 mod
    (Still say that Poison Ivy would have been better served as the villain for Suicide Squad, but oh well.)

Yeah, Poison Ivy would likely be better for not overshadowing Harley in her own damn movie, but given that aforementioned damaged fan-girls like Joker and Harley's "loving" relationship, I would not be surprised if Joker shows up in her movie as a main character even with Jared Leto's version of Joker being widely disliked. Additionally, it would fit in with the way that Suicide Squad ended from the spoilers given in here.

Besides, it would be nice if Snyder did not get the opportunity to fuck up Pamela as well.
    "Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."
    - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

"Freddie experienced the sort of abysmal soul-sadness which afflicts one of Tolstoy's Russian peasants when, after putting in a heavy day's work strangling his father, beating his wife, and dropping the baby into the city's reservoir, he turns to the cupboards, only to find the vodka bottle empty."
    - P. G. Wodehouse
  • maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 36,349 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    i do appreciate the girl nerd fights i see now when girls will be in love with a joker/harley relationship and then like 10 other sjws are all over them about being in an abusive relationship. lol.
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
    Any broad that thinks the Joker/Harley relationship is an example of a good, loving relationship needs to be ran away from as quickly as possible.

No amount of crazy girl sex is worth whatever happens next with that level of fucked up mental.
    po pimpus wrote: »
    Any broad that thinks the Joker/Harley relationship is an example of a good, loving relationship needs to be ran away from as quickly as possible.

No amount of crazy girl sex is worth whatever happens next with that level of fucked up mental.

thot topic bitches

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    maxx wrote: »
    i do appreciate the girl nerd fights i see now when girls will be in love with a joker/harley relationship and then like 10 other sjws are all over them about being in an abusive relationship. lol.

Shit, I told you about the pro cosplayer who is trying to teach these broads that the shit aint healthy :rofl:
  • InfernomanInfernoman Bro as Hell Joined: Posts: 9,329
    Harley cannot carry a movie solo. Ivy can help make it happen plus it panders to the demographic that values female relationships. The same people who probably loved the way Legend of Korra ended/Frozen/Adventure time' two main female characters.
    Who else in a movie wrestled an evil lesbian and by forcefully kissing her, turned her not only heterosexual but good as well? Exactly. That, my friend, is the power of Sean motherfucking Connery - Valaris
    edited September 2016
    Pack it up boys, we done with the DCEU now.

EDIT: Nevermind, it's an edit from an old BvS pic.
    I intended to put Gohan into the leading role. It didn’t work out. I felt that compared to Goku, he was ultimately not suited for the part.
  • odinodin is october coming? Joined: Posts: 15,385 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Whats wrong with it? Or is it bad cause it's a surprise to no one?
    edited September 2016
    That's photoshopped as fuck

actual pic
    sryg9oy4v0qqmmmlud16.jpg
    " I think it’s great. It’s a world that I really love. The horror community is one that I’m very thankful for because they’re so loyal. Society likes to paint them as outcasts and freaks, but I love these freaks. I love my fellow horror freaks! I’m very thankful for them. They always come out to our movies. They’re always there on opening night and opening weekend to support us, and I’m very thankful for them. In the world of the fandom universe, I would say that horror fans are the most loyal and the nicest. We’ve seen fanboys in the comic book world, and those guys are brutal. They’re ruthless! The horror fans are not like that. They’re a lot more polite. So, I’m very thankful to them for supporting me all these years. I now have the chance to break out and do other things that I love, and that’s not just horror."

Source.

James Wan, much like James Gunn, needs to learn when it's time to shut the fuck up.
  • Raz0rRaz0r Did you really just write that? Joined: Posts: 25,446 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Crazy bitches are great to fuck. Send them my way I'll deal with the fallout.
    This is offensive.
    So WB is hitting the gas again. WB releasing Batman on October 2018.

Can you get two movies right first before we talk about scheduling other shit please?
    Nope, they are desperate, gotta bring in Batgod.
  • GimpyGimpy Joined: Posts: 9,289 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    C.O.P.A

Me, Shinshay, Shatterstar, Lil' Majin, Rokusho, Nobita Kun, Million, Hold Dat, R.P.D rookie, shinryukev, Mycah Leonhart, b1gazn, Warblade49, GunflameBuri, Shizuma_15, Level 3
    I'm hearing shit about people trying to make Glenn from TWD be Dick Grayson.

fuck everything

He seeing dat Will Friedle resume and thinking he's gotta top it.

fuck everything

Don't worry, Rock. Snyder will just brutally murder him in the first ten minutes anyway.
    Gimpy wrote: »

lol...gcu football field gonna get blown up again?

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:

fuck everything

Nigga hush, they just wanna give asians some representation.
    Confirmed masterpiece:

MV5BYzg0MmNlOTMtNTY3Yi00NmJhLWFjMWUtNzkzNzJjMDk2ZmJlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjUwNzk3NDc@._V1_.jpg
    ...maybe DC isn't ALL bad...
    pretty fuckin accurate

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    po pimpus wrote: »
    She looks like she's pondering how she failed to clean out Johnny Depp's bank account in the divorce.

no way shes divorced that fast lol.

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
  • ruthless_nashruthless_nash Joined: Posts: 2,079
    Amber heard is meh. Should have gone for someone else. Another casting fail.
  • Jack_FrostJack_Frost M.C Joined: Posts: 6,629
    just found out that china didnt let suicide squad show there, crazy. never knew they were all anal over there
    There aren't 50 hours in a 5 day span...
    CRYING