Justice League/DC movie thread

Comments

• crucadescrucades Its a Kinda Bullshit Joined: Posts: 11,590
    Cavill has been the only decent thing about live DC since Bale lol, and his Batman was kinda meh. Nobody gave a good enough account of Batman yet, I think we should get Terry Crews in whiteface to give it a go.
    "I was fighting from the day I was born!"

-Michael 'The Count' Bisping, Greatest MW Champion of all time
  • WastedWasted Verbal Diarrhetic Joined: Posts: 6,404
    DC needs to cool off of Batman for about another 10 years.

Stick to TV, cartoons, or net series. Marvel has a headstart on the web with Netflix, but DC could do major work in that space if they planned right.

Forget the Justice League initially, forget origin stories, just jump right in and start adapting pre-Flashpoint DC.
    SFV: Ken, with THAT ORANGE COSTUME

I have nobody to play with, so I typically talk out of my ass.
    Ironically Batman had the best origin story with BvS, ie an already established bad ass. Shame Aflect thought he was playing Jason Todd but meh.

• Jion_WansuJion_Wansu Joined: Posts: 6,259
    axeman61 wrote: »
    Wow. Can anyone tell me any top-level reasons why the DC Movies are failing in terms of production? It's easy to point at a million reasons why the individual movies (BvS, Suicide Squad) stunk, but I'm now getting the feeling that the studio itself is just fucked from the inside. Like half the decisions they make with these movies are doomed to fail, even though the movies themselves will make money. Why is that? Who's at the top that's allowing all this BS to happen?

At least they got the CW
  • maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 36,721 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    crucades wrote: »
    Ironically Batman had the best origin story with BvS, ie an already established bad ass. Shame Aflect thought he was playing Jason Todd but meh.

nah he played dark knight returns perfectly. old angry man fucks up young whipper snappers.

ive liked all the supermen as actors personally.

lol..ive read lego batman isnt just a good lego but a great batman movie on its own lmfao. i dunno...i find that really fucked up lmfao.
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Beyond Anger... Ultra Rage Joined: Posts: 26,366
    edited February 20
    maxx wrote: »

nah he played dark knight returns perfectly. old angry man fucks up young whipper snappers.

ive liked all the supermen as actors personally.

lol..ive read lego batman isnt just a good lego but a great batman movie on its own lmfao. i dunno...i find that really fucked up lmfao.

Go see it. It really is among the best Batman movies, and the writers seem to understand Batman and ALL his history and incarnations way better than Frank Miller's fanboy over there at DC films.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 26,856
    There was a test screening for Wonder Woman and people who seen it leaked the entire plot of the movie. Read at your risk
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1345607
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • Ryujin_OsaiRyujin_Osai leggo Joined: Posts: 303
    There was a test screening for Wonder Woman and people who seen it leaked the entire plot of the movie. Read at your risk
    I have mixed feelings about what i read.also if that is true did these people not sign an NDA?da fuk?
    SFV-Laura
    GGrev- sin ky
    BB- naoto,mai

• GimpyGimpy Joined: Posts: 9,550 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I glanced over that "leak" and I have made my decision on the future of the DCEU...I'm still going to see all the movies!

34abb41a56640b9f3c123d59a2c87ef2.jpg
    C.O.P.A

Me, Shinshay, Shatterstar, Lil' Majin, Rokusho, Nobita Kun, Million, Hold Dat, R.P.D rookie, shinryukev, Mycah Leonhart, b1gazn, Warblade49, GunflameBuri, Shizuma_15, Level 3
    Matt Reeves has now officially signed on to direct The Batman: http://variety.com/2017/film/news/the-batman-director-matt-reeves-1201994946/

People were losing their shit last week. SMH!!!!
    C.O.P.A

Me, Shinshay, Shatterstar, Lil' Majin, Rokusho, Nobita Kun, Million, Hold Dat, R.P.D rookie, shinryukev, Mycah Leonhart, b1gazn, Warblade49, GunflameBuri, Shizuma_15, Level 3
  • WastedWasted Verbal Diarrhetic Joined: Posts: 6,404
    edited February 23
    It won't be Dick's live action debut, he was in the Schumacher films.

It'll only be his debut as Nightwing.
    SFV: Ken, with THAT ORANGE COSTUME

I have nobody to play with, so I typically talk out of my ass.
  • Deadpool_MercDeadpool_Merc 天 WE BACK BABY Joined: Posts: 1,764
    Nightwing movie is in development and Lego Movie director Chris McKay is in talks to direct
    https://www.comicbookmovie.com/batman/nightwing-film-in-the-works-at-warner-bros-from-the-lego-batman-movie-a149184

I want to believe.

*insert fangirl squees here*

Reality hits
    They'll ruin it.
    Welcome back King of Muay Thai.
    Hurry up and release the DMCV trailer capcom/sony.
    C.O.P.A

• JLALloydJLALloyd Joined: Posts: 764
    Gimpy wrote: »
    L for all the clickbait articles from recent weeks
  • tataa8Ptataa8P tourney. banned. washed-up. veteran. Joined: Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

holy fuck, that was an uber-cringe read from start to finish. well done neogaf.
    modern-day absolute truth™ :
    - Assumption is the Mother of all Fuck-Ups -
    Least Captain Kirk doesnt fuck up, tbh thats all I was ever expecting from the movie anyway.

• Jion_WansuJion_Wansu Joined: Posts: 6,259

If Christian Bale played Batman in BvS then it would have been epic.
  • axeman61axeman61 My Baby Blue. Joined: Posts: 4,856
    edited February 26
    tataa8P wrote: »

What; does it sound obviously fake? I held back on reading it because Wonder Woman is the only thing from DC I still have faith in and I can't believe I just said that.
    "I want to find an honest [president]. Some guy who's just going to get on TV and be like 'Look, in order for this whole thing to work, at least two-thirds of you need to just go to the beach and walk into the ocean.'"
    -Bill Burr.
  • chadouken!chadouken! less < more Joined: Posts: 5,234
    edited February 27
    Lol, Suicide Squad won an Oscar.
    po pimpus wrote: »
    Yes, I'm still pissed. Yes, go fuck yourself Darkfaggotasshole.
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Beyond Anger... Ultra Rage Joined: Posts: 26,366
    chadouken! wrote: »
    Lol, Suicide Squad won an Oscar.

Oscars so desperate to prove they're "diverse" they giving awards to trash.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
    Are y'all really upset Suicide Squad won an Oscar?

tumblr_obp74x9N4g1udwsc5o1_500.gif
    C.O.P.A

• crazymasterhandcrazymasterhand LAZERS PEW PEW Joined: Posts: 282
    Yeah cause I'd rather watch Batman and Robin
    Suicide Squad won an Oscar for make-up and hair and there were only two other nominates. If it won like best costume design or special effects I would be mad. Anyway, fuck the award shows. Those old fucks never want to give superhero movies and TV their due.

So what is Mr. Ayer trying to tell us?
    C.O.P.A

• SaitsuSaitsu When a Kid, Becomes a Legend Joined: Posts: 35,282
    edited February 28
    That sometime in the future, Capcom will try to take over the world and we will join a grand army led by the Guilty Gear and Tekken Holy Alliance to fight back against their tyranny.

Or we're getting a DC Movie Trailer soon. One of the two. :coffee:
    PSN: Saitsuofleaves SF5 Tag: Saitsu  Baby Steps to Giant Strides
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 
    Street Fighter 5: Vega
  • Dangerous JDangerous J Clinicals now!! Joined: Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Gimpy wrote: »

Black Mask will probably be the main villain for the Gotham city Sirens movie?

PSN: DangerousJSRK

"There is no end to the adventures we can have,if only we seek them with our eyes open."
    -Jawaharlal Nehru
    edited February 28
    I would hate for Black Mask to be wasted on Gotham City Sirens.
  • tataa8Ptataa8P tourney. banned. washed-up. veteran. Joined: Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    axeman61 wrote: »
    tataa8P wrote: »

What; does it sound obviously fake? I held back on reading it because Wonder Woman is the only thing from DC I still have faith in and I can't believe I just said that.

quite the opposite actually. it's ALMOST stupidly believable in a really sickening way.
    kinda like eating four double cheeseburgers in a row and throwing up in your mouth but somehow, you sort of like it. :coffee:
    modern-day absolute truth™ :
    - Assumption is the Mother of all Fuck-Ups -
    edited March 2
    Post edited by Gimpy on
    C.O.P.A

• ruthless_nashruthless_nash Joined: Posts: 2,216
    So when is Young Justice actually gonna be back homiez?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file