Justice League/DC movie thread

Comments

• crotchpunchacrotchpuncha Joined: Posts: 21,887
    And it gets really good ratings.
    It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 26,540
    CN does have other shows that do well. Steven Universe, We Bare Bears, and Sonic Boom are successful. They ain't the golden ticket that TTG is.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • po pimpuspo pimpus Beyond Anger... Ultra Rage Joined: Posts: 26,012
    CN does have other shows that do well. Steven Universe, We Bare Bears, and Sonic Boom are successful. They ain't the golden ticket that TTG is.

1. Those shows likely cost more to make, since they have, well, actual effort put into them

2. They also don't have consistent time slots, meaning it's obvious their ratings will be lower compared to an assembly line show that takes up 90% of the airtime

TT GO is "successful" because it's set up to be, not by any of its own merits...

The insulting audacity of CN to think this crap was worthy of Emmy consideration alongside actually great stuff like We Bare Bears, Steven Universe, and Samurai Jack is all the proof you need.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
    po pimpus wrote: »

1. Those shows likely cost more to make, since they have, well, actual effort put into them

2. They also don't have consistent time slots, meaning it's obvious their ratings will be lower compared to an assembly line show that takes up 90% of the airtime

TT GO is "successful" because it's set up to be, not by any of its own merits...

The insulting audacity of CN to think this crap was worthy of Emmy consideration alongside actually great stuff like We Bare Bears, Steven Universe, and Samurai Jack is all the proof you need.

1. Do you know the budget of all these shows? They all of CN's shows look cheap to me. None of the current shows probably had the money that 2011 Thundercats had behind it. I have to disagree on the effort part. Last episode I watched with my nephew the show replicated the look and style of Superfriends and all the Titans had their 80s designs. They put in the work to make that episode feel 80s. One of the few episodes of the show I actually enjoyed.

2. Explain why Teen Titans Go is also successful on demand? I posted an article here how TTG was one of the most watched on demand shows when blizzards were hitting last year.

Considering CN's history of screwing over DC based shows dating back to JLU's second season I do think TTG was successful by it's own merit before they put the machine behind it.
    CN has a history of screwing over ACTION based cartoons in general... See the flanderization of Ben 10, and aforementioned screwing over of shows like Young Justice, Thundercats, and Generator Rex.

It's successful On Demand for the same reason it's "successful" on TV-- It's the only fucking thing they push. CN has a WEALTH of classic shows they could be putting up, but refuse to in favor of pushing Miller's baby TT GO.

How in the fuck do these clods not give you access to, at the very least, all of their in-house Cartoon Cartoons from the old days? They also have access to the entire Hanna-Barbera library of toons, as well as much of the Looney Tunes and Tom and Jerry shorts... But fuck that shit, right?

Hell, you have to dig to find shit like Adventure Time and Gumball, and only "select" episodes are available... But not GO, oh no... You can watch pretty much the entire run of that shit, no searching needed... Its the only thing plastered all over the site, and there is always a button or ad leading to that shit.

Successful by its own merit, my black ass...
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
    The chip on this dude shoulder is deep as the grand canyon.
  • Raz0rRaz0r Did you really just write that? Joined: Posts: 25,989 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    That analogy makes no sense, dude...
    This is offensive.
    I guess not...would be chip out of his shoulder perhaps? I dunno. I'm on 3 hours of sleep and don't really care that much honestly.
    Remember this show?

Neither does CN...
  • EskillsEskills Joined: Posts: 4,091
    edited October 15
    Remember this show?

https://youtu.be/cQFEteyp2I

Neither does CN...

Teen titans go up next. Painfully accurate, superior show still winning. :rofl:
    I do believe tat I r teh King.
  • Jion_WansuJion_Wansu Joined: Posts: 6,148
    What's Superman gonna do?
    I never really thought Teen Titans was all that good, I really don't see what all the hub bub is about. It was ok at best.
    I never really thought Teen Titans was all that good, I really don't see what all the hub bub is about. It was ok at best.

A lot of hate for TTG stems from a "ruined childhood" perceptive. The young adults of today likely grew up watching the original show and don't like the tone of the new show and how it treats it's characters.
  • EskillsEskills Joined: Posts: 4,091
    I like TTG and always get a laugh out of it when my kids pause it and tell me to come look at it.

They started watching cartoons with tom & Jerry and all the old shit and still like TTG.

Clearly the show is doing something right.

I do believe tat I r teh King.
  • crucadescrucades Its a Kinda Bullshit Joined: Posts: 11,572
    Wasted wrote: »
    And Tallyhawk at 2:09....

Why do we get tortured so?

Thats the only thing I took from that bullshit lol.
    "I was fighting from the day I was born!"

-Michael 'The Count' Bisping, Greatest MW Champion of all time
  • WastedWasted Verbal Diarrhetic Joined: Posts: 6,281
    crucades wrote: »
    Wasted wrote: »
    And Tallyhawk at 2:09....

Why do we get tortured so?

Thats the only thing I took from that bullshit lol.

Cyborg is the truck. The episode touts him as Cyborgimus Prime.

But the style of the truck and the smokestack lasers are of Rhino from M.A.S.K.

SFV: Ken, with THAT ORANGE COSTUME

I have nobody to play with, so I typically talk out of my ass.
    I like how you all miss the point that this is the only thing they show.

There is no variety... I'm not saying this shit shouldn't exist, despite it being an insult to actually funny "goofy" cartoons, but rather it existing at the expense of action cartoons, other better comedies, and now the slice-of-life fare as well.

There is no longer any sort of attempt at delivering a somewhat balanced variety, only the constant milking of the one cow.
    No we all got it the first 30 times you said it, we've just moved on.
    Obviously not since y'all have still been talking about it since I left, but okay.
    Eskills wrote: »
    I like TTG and always get a laugh out of it when my kids pause it and tell me to come look at it.

They started watching cartoons with tom & Jerry and all the old shit and still like TTG.

Clearly the show is doing something right.

I hate the show but it made my nephew a Robin fan. I will thank the show for that.
    Obviously not since y'all have still been talking about it since I left, but okay.
    People don't have to stop talking about something just because you left. You ain't special.
    edited October 21
    The script for Justice League got leaked. It's unverified so take for a grain of salt. Massive spoilers ahead
    https://www.reddit.com/r/DCEUleaks/comments/77g7jq/the_full_plot_of_justice_league/doll26k/?context=3
  • GimpyGimpy Joined: Posts: 9,483 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    C.O.P.A

Me, Shinshay, Shatterstar, Lil' Majin, Rokusho, Nobita Kun, Million, Hold Dat, R.P.D rookie, shinryukev, Mycah Leonhart, b1gazn, Warblade49, GunflameBuri, Shizuma_15, Level 3

"Why does everyone keep telling me that?"
    C.O.P.A

Me, Shinshay, Shatterstar, Lil' Majin, Rokusho, Nobita Kun, Million, Hold Dat, R.P.D rookie, shinryukev, Mycah Leonhart, b1gazn, Warblade49, GunflameBuri, Shizuma_15, Level 3
    C.O.P.A

• dn0sdn0s Joined: Posts: 594
    Cavill believes Wonder Woman will correct the “mistakes,” of the DCEU:
  • Dangerous JDangerous J Clinicals now!! Joined: Posts: 10,081 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    2d Blu-ray of Wonder Woman live action film is $15 at Target.
    (Even when it just came out most places sold it for 25 so this is a good deal imo)
    PSN: DangerousJSRK

"There is no end to the adventures we can have,if only we seek them with our eyes open."
    -Jawaharlal Nehru
    C.O.P.A

• ruthless_nashruthless_nash Joined: Posts: 2,154
    hooray! hollywoods Jews cast another one of their own for a movie despite probably not being the best candidate for it!
    Shit, they took the clip I put up twice down. :sad:
    C.O.P.A

C.O.P.A

• AriesWarlockAriesWarlock Joined: Posts: 3,509
    So I thought Wonder Woman was a really good movie. Good battle scenes. Surprised at the sex talk and sex action, but I do remember before the New 52 reboot some writers said that people were starting to see Wonder Woman as some sort of grandma, and that they wanted to stay away from that. Guess that's why we finally see she slept with Superman in new52.
    If there's one thing I didn't like was how they made Ares this old guy. Why are they always making bad guys look old? Same thing with Magneto. He should look like someone who can stand his own in a fistfight, not someone you put in a nursing home, like did in X3.
    "Umvc3 is a 2 player game the same way Super Mario Bros. was on NES. You gotta wait for someone to die before the other has a chance to play"
  • locoghoullocoghoul Fuck Chun Joined: Posts: 4,051
    any early reviews on this movie?
    You want to enjoy your shit game? Go ahead. Just know that I will ALWAYS be here - po pimpus 2006-2017 RIP
    edited November 9
    Apparently the social media embargo is suppose to be lifted around 12 pm EST tomorrow. The regular embargo is still in place.
    C.O.P.A

Justice League about to break over a billion!!!!

tenor.gif
    C.O.P.A

• tataa8Ptataa8P tourney. banned. washed-up. veteran. Joined: Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    modern-day absolute truth™ :
    - Assumption is the Mother of all Fuck-Ups -
  • The Furious OneThe Furious One Fluent in 3 languages Engrish, Sarcasm & Profanity Joined: Posts: 20,828
    edited November 13