Justice League/DC movie thread

Comments

• Dangerous JDangerous J Clinicals now!! Joined: Posts: 10,099 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    PSN: DangerousJSRK

"There is no end to the adventures we can have,if only we seek them with our eyes open."
    -Jawaharlal Nehru
  • AriesWarlockAriesWarlock Joined: Posts: 3,519
    "Umvc3 is a 2 player game the same way Super Mario Bros. was on NES. You gotta wait for someone to die before the other has a chance to play"
  • XvideosXvideos Xvideos Joined: Posts: 3,309
    edited November 15
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/justice-league-amazonian-bikinis-twitter-uproar-men-ruin-171229276.html

Response from the actresses
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/entertainthis/2017/11/14/amazon-justice-league-costume-brooke-ence/861219001/
    In fact, the CrossFit champion, who gets a heroic scene in the new movie, added, "I’m an athlete first, right? (Usually) I can’t wear anything without someone commenting about my (muscular) body. So for me, it was actually really cool to be able to show it and not immediately feel masculine, but still very feminine."

As for the argument that Amazons need armor to protect their stomachs, Ence had this defense: "That may be the case, but also we are super-powerful women and maybe no one’s getting that close. Maybe no one has a chance to get that close to hurt us."

Samantha Jo, a martial artist who stars as the Amazon Euboea in Wonder Woman and Justice League, praised director Snyder and costume designer Michael Wilkinson for making her feel comfortable and confident.

"I think it's important to remember that the fighting style of the Amazons is quite different than that of a Knight, a Samurai, a Kryptonian, etc. We've been able to see that the Amazonian fighting is a little more acrobatic and larger than life requiring armor that allows for that kind of articulation in the body," she wrote. "I was overjoyed with the mobility I had and NEEDED to complete the moves asked of me."
  • Dangerous JDangerous J Clinicals now!! Joined: Posts: 10,099 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Stuckmann Justice League review:
    Grade: B-

IGN
    Grade: 7/10

PSN: DangerousJSRK

"There is no end to the adventures we can have,if only we seek them with our eyes open."
    -Jawaharlal Nehru
  • JLALloydJLALloyd Joined: Posts: 750
    Xvideos wrote: »
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/justice-league-amazonian-bikinis-twitter-uproar-men-ruin-171229276.html

Response from the actresses
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/entertainthis/2017/11/14/amazon-justice-league-costume-brooke-ence/861219001/
    In fact, the CrossFit champion, who gets a heroic scene in the new movie, added, "I’m an athlete first, right? (Usually) I can’t wear anything without someone commenting about my (muscular) body. So for me, it was actually really cool to be able to show it and not immediately feel masculine, but still very feminine."

As for the argument that Amazons need armor to protect their stomachs, Ence had this defense: "That may be the case, but also we are super-powerful women and maybe no one’s getting that close. Maybe no one has a chance to get that close to hurt us."

Samantha Jo, a martial artist who stars as the Amazon Euboea in Wonder Woman and Justice League, praised director Snyder and costume designer Michael Wilkinson for making her feel comfortable and confident.

"I think it's important to remember that the fighting style of the Amazons is quite different than that of a Knight, a Samurai, a Kryptonian, etc. We've been able to see that the Amazonian fighting is a little more acrobatic and larger than life requiring armor that allows for that kind of articulation in the body," she wrote. "I was overjoyed with the mobility I had and NEEDED to complete the moves asked of me."

Hahahaha! Funny and sad at the same time, this world is insane I don't even know where to start.
  • GimpyGimpy Joined: Posts: 9,490 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    The armor thing isn't the worse to come out about JL. That would be the bullshit story about Gal. SMDH Basically someone wrote a story on Medium saying Gal supported a friend after the person writing the story said she was raped by said friend.
    C.O.P.A

Me, Shinshay, Shatterstar, Lil' Majin, Rokusho, Nobita Kun, Million, Hold Dat, R.P.D rookie, shinryukev, Mycah Leonhart, b1gazn, Warblade49, GunflameBuri, Shizuma_15, Level 3

Fuck that...Zack ain't going to have me all teary-eyed....NOPE!!!!!

MORENO-TEARS.gif
    C.O.P.A

Me, Shinshay, Shatterstar, Lil' Majin, Rokusho, Nobita Kun, Million, Hold Dat, R.P.D rookie, shinryukev, Mycah Leonhart, b1gazn, Warblade49, GunflameBuri, Shizuma_15, Level 3
  • locoghoullocoghoul Fuck Chun Joined: Posts: 4,064
    it seems it is better than BvS but worse than WW. I can live with that. Hopefully the quality will slowly improve (well not that slow I pray)
    You want to enjoy your shit game? Go ahead. Just know that I will ALWAYS be here - po pimpus 2006-2017 RIP
  • InfernomanInfernoman Bro as Hell Joined: Posts: 9,567
    Annoying how many places are still holding back the full reviews still but eh...Rotten Tomatoes really hyping up the number on the site lol. For now:

Who else in a movie wrestled an evil lesbian and by forcefully kissing her, turned her not only heterosexual but good as well? Exactly. That, my friend, is the power of Sean motherfucking Connery - Valaris
    C.O.P.A

• po pimpuspo pimpus Beyond Anger... Ultra Rage Joined: Posts: 26,051
    From friends that have seen it, it's not terrible, but not stupendous either. Sounds like DC/WB actually put in some type of effort for once.

I might actually go out and watch this.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • sadboysadboy Joined: Posts: 63
    po pimpus wrote: »
    From friends that have seen it, it's not terrible, but not stupendous either. Sounds like DC/WB actually put in some type of effort for once.

Is any of that attributed to Joss Whedon taking over?
  • RodimusRodimus You can win if you Dare! Joined: Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    po pimpus wrote: »

Fam my word it's iight, everybody gets some shine and if Aquaman was introduced like this when I was a kid dude would have been legit lol. Oh and post credit scene is worth the IMAX ticket price lol.

• CDB2CDB2 Joined: Posts: 3,212
    Heading out later this afternoon to see it!!
    How many after credit scenes are there?

Tekken 7: Kazyua, Dragnov
    Injustice: Black Adam, Starfire, Batman, Sub-Zero
    SFV: Laura, Menat
  • dn0sdn0s Joined: Posts: 597
    Two, a mid-credits and post credits scene
  • ruthless_nashruthless_nash Joined: Posts: 2,158
    My brother is a hardcore DC fan and was so excited to see it. Ive never seen a more disappointed face. Says even a 6/10 is pushing it... says to save my bucks or wait for torrent loool.

Thats wha happens when you dont have green latern.
  • CDB2CDB2 Joined: Posts: 3,212
    edited November 18
    Just finished watching it!
    Pretty damn good!!
    I will give an 8/10, Wonder Woman was just a bit better! But yeah, I have nothing negative to say about..
    ...sans a modern day version of a certain important member!!

. Still....
    Dat Green Lantern reveal, doe!!!! :o :o

dn0s wrote: »
    Cavill believes Wonder Woman will correct the “mistakes,” of the DCEU:

He ain't lying!! Had a couple of flaws but it is a big, Biiiiiiiiig time mprovement over the blunders of BvS and SS!!

Them end credit scenes...were worth it!!!!
    B) :o

Tekken 7: Kazyua, Dragnov
    Injustice: Black Adam, Starfire, Batman, Sub-Zero
    SFV: Laura, Menat
  • AlphaCharlieAlphaCharlie Joined: Posts: 1,086
    edited November 18
    No spoilers but, i just saw the movie and.... Ben Affleck.

....Ok i know age catches up to everybody, and we all experience these phases after a certain number of years. Where we wake up one day and suddenly realize our appearance has changed a little with age. Ben Affleck must've been right on the edge of that in Batman V Superman. In that movie, he was still buff and had that youthful vibrance.

A couple of years later and....shit. What happened?? He looks 50 now in this movie!!
  • AriesWarlockAriesWarlock Joined: Posts: 3,519
    What happened to Affleck is that after hearing BVS was bad he became sad

then rehab for alcoholism
    "Umvc3 is a 2 player game the same way Super Mario Bros. was on NES. You gotta wait for someone to die before the other has a chance to play"
  • The Furious OneThe Furious One Fluent in 3 languages Engrish, Sarcasm & Profanity Joined: Posts: 20,831
    edited November 18
    Online reviews and fan reviews are mostly slating the new movie, incoherent, crap CGI, crap villain, and nobody but WW shines, Supes is even worse than he was in BvS but overall this isn't BvS. I can't see WB ever hiring Synder to make another movie.

lol less depth than a Saturday morning cartoon :rofl:
  • Rioting SoulRioting Soul Joined: Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I had a conversation with a coworker yesterday about DCEU. He said that WW is the only good movie out of them all so far. I said Man of Steel was better. He looked at me like I was high and said it was just "OK". That would have been fine if he hadn't said WW was amazing. I don't understand the love WW movie gets. I haven't met a single person IRL who didn't like this movie. The only thing I remember enjoying was when Diana was in England with her "fish out of water" scenes. I'm not a well educated acting critic so I'm sure there's a better way to articulate my feelings about Gal Gadot's skills than "she's a bad actress". The hamfisted girl power moments kept taking me out of the movie. That No Man's Land scene... As soon as I saw her in the trenches I wrote the next paragraph of script in my head. The Ares swerve was for the worst; it should have been Ludendorff like Diana suspected. Actually, it would have been better if Ares wasn't in the movie at all. The action and CG were bad. This movie doesn't deserve the praise it gets and I feel like I'm in Nineteen Eighty-Four.
  • dn0sdn0s Joined: Posts: 597
    edited November 18
    I’ll bite. What I enjoyed about Wonder Woman is that it told a relatively simple story effectively. Diana felt like a hero, her childish naiveness and sense of doing what’s right because its right made her like a Golden Age hero. Chris Pine, as always, knocked his role out of the park. Trevor is faced with trying to keep this naive superhero and her sense of justice in check, while at the same accepting just how awful war and people in general are. The No Man’s Land scene was very obvious what she would do, but I found its portrayal the strongest scene of the movie and probably in all the DCEU. I did like the Amazons scenes, and the chemistry between Diana and Steve (pretty much the whole boat scene was adlibbed) was very effective in making the relationship feel organic rather than just there like Thor and Jane Foster did.

I agree the movie is overrated. It isn’t an Oscar worthy as some (feminazis) believe it should be. I don’t feel its the best superhero movie this year (I only feel it is clearly better than Justice League). Ares, Doctor Poison, and the general did nothing for me though as antagonist. Ares as a big CGI monster may have come off better if they didnt insist on showing his face all the time. Gal Gadot did a respectable job but was not great. But overall I watched it, enjoyed it, and none of its flaws make me not want to see it again.
    edited November 18
    Overall, i thought Justice League was pretty decent. I went into it expecting it to be garbage but, it was decent. Actually i think i'd put it on-par with Marvel's less ambitious efforts. Like the first Thor movie.

So it's no Avengers or Civil War but, it's a HUGE improvement over cinematic garbage like Suicide Squad. If only all the DC Hollwood movies were on this level, we'd have a lot less to complain about.

JL had a lot of cool moments spread through-out as well:
    When Superman first came back and fought the others. That whole scene was badass. Especially when Flash thought he was going to super-speed up to him and Superman....slowly turns toward him in slow-motion like, "Seriously? Your slow ass is going to sneak up on me?"

Only problem i had with that scene is the "do you bleed" bullshit and the 'evil talk'. Ok, i can appreciate the call-back to BvsS but that was getting lame quick.

Thankfully they did not over do it and the "big guns" showed up, AKA: Lois Lane. To snap Superman out of his temporary zombified state, and make him remember who he was.
  • regulateregulate Bruv of bruvs Joined: Posts: 6,540 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    5/10
    Never forget:
    Boel wrote: »
    phantom angel the kinda guy that eats a roll of dental floss so that he can slowly come to a shuddering climax as he pulls it out his ass

• GravityGravity Joined: Posts: 2,421
    I wonder how much they cut out of it?

The pacing for the first part of the movie was all over the place.
    Just saw Justice League. Gave it two thumbs up and 4 1/2 * Out of 5. It has it's flaws but it's not terrible like most would lead you to believe in my opinion.
    C.O.P.A

• PreppyPreppy act like you're used to it Joined: Posts: 14,296 admin
    I'm unclear why Superman has never previously deployed superspeed such as when his dad was about to die.

http://zachd.com/mvc2 : My giant archive of fighting game videos, centered around MvC2.
    "If you don't feel like killing yourself every time you lose you will never be good. Apologyman is going to be a monster someday as long as he keeps staying miserable." --Brightside6382
    "I'm sure you're very wicked people - but how dull it would be if everyone was good."

• k4polok4polo Your Lethal Assassin Joined: Posts: 4,713
    edited November 19
    3/5.

Not as bad as some of the critics say IMO but has some heavy flaws. At least worth a watch for the characters at least.
    JL felt rushed together. They are trying to catch up to Marvel way too fast.
    There is not enough back story for some of the characters as they seem to come out of nowhere.
    Another problem I had what the villain was rather weak and hardly did anything. They should have had a better backstory on him.

The upsides are that the characters and actors fit their roles very well.
    Even though I still do not like Ben Affleck as Batman but that is my peeve.
    Gadot is perfect for her role. If they wanted to put forth a strong woman in power then they achieved that here.
    Post edited by k4polo on
    "Where there is light, there's a shadow"
    SFV: Nash, Cammy, Urien
    Injustice 2: Poison Ivy, Super Girl, Wonder Women
  • ZatalconZatalcon Most hated man on SRK Joined: Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    The movie was mediocre. It's not horrible but not something I would pay 15+ dollars to watch, i'm not even interested in buying the DVD.

My biggest remark is the villain, he is by far one of the most boring and retarded villains i've ever seen in a comic book movie. He beats apocalypse. Every single scene he had just makes you want to say "fo real nigga?" as if you and him where getting stoned. He was really dumb and lame.

There was this scene in where he just threw a rocket at the wall right next to him regardless of the JL just standing right in front of him. LOL what an idiot. If there was an once of realism he would of actually blew his own ass up. Also, he wasn't that powerful and i didn't understand why he was that much of a threat that the DC heroes needed to team up to take him down.

Ben Affleck sucked as batman. He almost looked fat and old with out the suit and while he was batman he was a chump. A part of me felt like they were benching his ass, because you got someone taking out like 5 guys while he was getting his ass kicked by 1. Affleck is within the same tier as Clooney for me. Fuck Affleck Batman.

Flash was also terrible, especially during the scenes in where he was running. He looked goofy as hell. Who the fuck hired this guy and just thought that his running scenes where not retarded? Young Forrest Gump with leg braces would laugh at his ass.

All in all, it wasn't completely horrible there is some interesting and fun moments in this movie but it's really weak.
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 26,582
    The movie was ok. The first act was all over the place. Once it got to the second act the pacing got better. There some moments I feel that should have been hype but simply weren't like
    the Green Lantern in flashback when Steppenwolf invaded Earth the first time and League's first mission as a team in Gotham Harbor.
    The movie failed to get me invested in what was happening. I didn't have that problem with the both Avengers movies.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • itzpookiieitzpookiie Sherry Jenix's Soulmate Joined: Posts: 4,272
    edited November 19
    It's not as bad as bvs
    It's not good either
    i can't see how people can legit rate this 4.5/5 or 8/10
    So underwhelming
  • maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 36,635 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Gravity wrote: »
    I wonder how much they cut out of it?

The pacing for the first part of the movie was all over the place.

There's def a big chunk missing. Like they thought Victor was dead and then they mysteriously knew he was a cyborg. Not even just alive but a cyborg.
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
    edited November 19
    Zatalcon wrote: »
    Ben Affleck sucked as batman. He almost looked fat and old with out the suit and while he was batman he was a chump. A part of me felt like they were benching his ass, because you got someone taking out like 5 guys while he was getting his ass kicked by 1. Affleck is within the same tier as Clooney for me. Fuck Affleck Batman.

Affleck is fine as Batman but, he's not as good as he was in BvsS. In BvsS, his Batman was a total badass. Even with kryptonite, fighting someone like Superman would be daunting but he didn't care. That Batman had balls of steel.

In JL that was dialed back a LOT. I kept waiting for him to lead the charge and kick some ass. But he kinda took a backseat to the others, in a kind of adviser/recruiter role instead.

He's still a hell of a lot better than clooney.