Netcode??

DonPachiDonPachi Joined: Posts: 48
Hi every1, how is the netcode compare to VF5 online, the same, better, worse??
please post the console you test it.
Oh if you didnt play VF5 online, it had the best netcode for a 3d fighting games in my opinion
even better than SC5.

Comments

• iminthenet2iminthenet2 Joined: Posts: 497
    I played my first 10 matches online it runs pretty good and it features the Replay that you can save, watch, and upload from playing online matches. Very good game! :)
  • Spooty WhiteboySpooty Whiteboy I must break you! Joined: Posts: 2,774
    From the games I played, the netcode is slightly better than SC5's code.
    Live Tag: Spootz
    PSN: SPTwhte

"There's a complicated answer to that question. You see, I think we could all know Batman in our hearts, if we just intensely and obsessively study all of his comics, tv shows, movies...and..
    No. I don't really know Batman." - Dr. McNinja
  • kingbet123kingbet123 Curbing Your Enthusiasm Joined: Posts: 28
    No problems here......pretty solid.
  • DepsDeps ayep Joined: Posts: 173
    From what I've played, very good.
  • Mr. XMr. X Non Stop ∞ Climax Joined: Posts: 20,239
    This is solid. I didn't think a netcode could be this good unless it was using GGPO.
    You did not go back in time, this is how the forums look.
    "You are all just as bad as the people you hate. You're only interested in characters based on tears." - Since1717
    NO STREAM = DEAD GAME
    PSN: X_the_Genius | GGPO: Mr X | Skype: MisterEcks
  • Branh0913Branh0913 Keep away king Joined: Posts: 3,645
    Had some issues but I'm may have to admit to myself I need a new wireless router.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk 2
    M.O.D.O.K Avengers - Minister Of Defense
    The Turtle Master, but my name ain't Splinter
    Hitting down/back so fast, you think I was using macros
  • MURPHAGATOR!MURPHAGATOR! Go! Go! Zeppeli! Joined: Posts: 676
    I've had great luck with the netcode so far, as long as the connection was at least decent it felt really good.

Also: advice to anyone playing on a wireless router, CONNECT VIA A WIRE. Not joking at all, you will find your online experience SO MUCH BETTER with that one simple change.
  • Vaultboy81Vaultboy81 Joined: Posts: 3
    I've had great luck with the netcode so far, as long as the connection was at least decent it felt really good.

Also: advice to anyone playing on a wireless router, CONNECT VIA A WIRE. Not joking at all, you will find your online experience SO MUCH BETTER with that one simple change.

So will EVERYONE you play with....
    PSN: Vaultboy81
    SSF4:AE
    SFxT
    VirtuaFighter5:FS
  • Branh0913Branh0913 Keep away king Joined: Posts: 3,645
    I hate the idea of messing up my entire wireless setup just to play some games. I do far more with my internet than play games. Plus sfiv and scv play just fine on wireless, so why.can't this game?

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk 2
    M.O.D.O.K Avengers - Minister Of Defense
    The Turtle Master, but my name ain't Splinter
    Hitting down/back so fast, you think I was using macros
  • Vaultboy81Vaultboy81 Joined: Posts: 3
    I hate the idea of messing up my entire wireless setup just to play some games. I do far more with my internet than play games. Plus sfiv and scv play just fine on wireless, so why.can't this game?

It's not particular games that is the problem.

Do you know what "Packet Loss" is?

Do you realize all fighting games are dependent on loss-less connections for the game to be smooth and responsive?

Do you realize that in order to pass FCC compliance, the device must accept any interference in the radio waves?

Microwave, Garage Door, Cell Phone, etc etc... going on around your 'sweet setup, more than to play games' is screwing up not only your game, but the person on the other end. Sony should have disabled wi-fi for online matchmaking...
    PSN: Vaultboy81
    SSF4:AE
    SFxT
    VirtuaFighter5:FS
  • Dameon AngellDameon Angell Saikyo All-Star Joined: Posts: 13
    On a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being Street Fighter x Tekken on PS3 and 10 being this game right here .. well, you get the picture. This is the first fighter I've had the least amount of lag issues with, as in none.
    I eat beans straight out of the can over a kitchen sink.
  • frostycykefrostycyke Optic..wha? Joined: Posts: 735
    A few weeks ago, I would have told you that SCV had the most amazing netcode for a 3d fighter, but VF5:FS is even better.
    PSN-Frostycyke
  • ParryPerson.ParryPerson. It is done. Joined: Posts: 4,011
    People don't understand wireless. If you are running wifi, and your normal connection is good, your ping will also be good. The problem people seem to think happens is packet loss, and that only happens if you have a router from 1982 and are trying to use it through 15 walls of an apartment complex.

I use wifi upstairs, and wired down stairs. The difference is negligible. It always astounds me how little SRK knows about internet connections.
    #LAFGC on EFNet

<MrWizard> ive pre banned parry from evo south
    <[Parry]> This is because I ditched helping on the smash brackets isn't it
    <MrWizard> yep
  • caliagent#3caliagent#3 Caliagent Bobblehead Joined: Posts: 4,200 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Hi every1, how is the netcode compare to VF5 online, the same, better, worse??
    please post the console you test it.
    Oh if you didnt play VF5 online, it had the best netcode for a 3d fighting games in my opinion
    even better than SC5.

It's the exact same as VF5
    Whiff your entire SOUL into c.MK in 3S.
    Footsies guide: www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbpXplP_WFE
  • MURPHAGATOR!MURPHAGATOR! Go! Go! Zeppeli! Joined: Posts: 676
    People don't understand wireless. If you are running wifi, and your normal connection is good, your ping will also be good. The problem people seem to think happens is packet loss, and that only happens if you have a router from 1982 and are trying to use it through 15 walls of an apartment complex.

I use wifi upstairs, and wired down stairs. The difference is negligible. It always astounds me how little SRK knows about internet connections.

I'm not going to argue with you because I know it's arguing to a wall, but I can say 100% that everyone who I've ever convinced to switch from a wireless to wired connection when playing games online has noticed an IMMEDIATE and HUGE improvement in their performance.
  • dantemustdienowdantemustdienow Joined: Posts: 19
    The netcode is as good as the original VF5 on the Xbox 360; I'm playing on the PS3 now and I don't notice much of a difference from my previous experience with the game.

Half the time I find myself worrying about the fight itself, rather than the lag. Sega's got a winner here. Maybe it's all their old code from coding for 56k modems that's saving this game! (Remember the Sega Dreamcast?)

Show them how it's done, Sega :D
  • isamuisamu Joined: Posts: 435
    netcode is good so far
    Dungeon Fighter Online, Elsword, Dragon's Crown, Streets of Rage Remake, Open BOR...it's great to be an old school Beat'em Up fan in 2014 :)
  • $hAoLIn$hAoLIn Joined: Posts: 127
    Just chiming in to say i had a couple of shaky player matches when I first started online. Then I began to hit better matches where the godlike netcode kicked in and I had an orgasm. I mean, as a Goh player online I still miss my hit-grabs from time to time, but there's nothing slight adaptation can't fix.
    Clockw0rk, X/V-Rolento, Kain, Gato, Denjin, Aegis, Guile

Mentally my energy is like a figure 8, on its side, that's infinity - Mef Tical
  • SchiffSchiff Joined: Posts: 623
    so far very good
    I want Shenmue III.

SSFIVAE: Gen
    VF5FS: Pai
  • King9999King9999 Joined: Posts: 10,948 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    The netcode is great. I get solid matches on 2-3 bar connections, and sometimes on 1-bar connections. I wish we could see the actual ping because bars are not accurate enough.
    Switch Friend Code: SW-2722-8799-3295
    PSN/Steam ID/NNID: mmking9999
    Tile Crusher now available on Android & Itch.io!
    "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." -Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015
  • AxLegitxLegendAxLegitxLegend Joined: Posts: 203
    Netcode is great, might as well be lan. Okay not that good, but pretty damn close
    SRK. The website filled with grown ass men acting like pricks.
  • SaranghaSarangha Look within yourself Joined: Posts: 4,256
    I'm not going to argue with you because I know it's arguing to a wall, but I can say 100% that everyone who I've ever convinced to switch from a wireless to wired connection when playing games online has noticed an IMMEDIATE and HUGE improvement in their performance.

Yeah I agree if you know anything about online gaming even if you have wireless N, wifi is a bad idea. People always shit on PS3 online but it's not just because they don't have the infrastructure like microsoft but it has to do with the huge amount of people playing online on wifi. PS3 has always had wifi while the 360 got it later in their newer models. I've used various routers under all the big names, new models as well and direct kills wifi.

There are tons of reasons why new players don't notice it. Not as aware of frame perfect timing,adjusting to lag,playing people very close etc. Wifi sucks especially for fighters and saying otherwise doesn't warrant further discussion.

On the topic of the netcode, it's the best non-ggpo netcode to date. Obviously the farther the opponent the larger the ping but you can totally be an online warrior if you want to.
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/comment/8449745/#Comment_8449745

“If you do not pour water on your plant, what will happen? It will slowly wither and die. Our habits will also slowly wither and die away if we do not give them an opportunity to manifest. You need not fight to stop a habit. Just don’t give it an opportunity to repeat itself. (67)”
    ― Swami Satchidananda, The Yoga Sutras

“For those who have an intense urge for Spirit and wisdom, it sits
    near them, waiting.”
    ― Patanjali, The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali

Nostalgia=Drug

• shoultzulashoultzula whatsyoursismines! Joined: Posts: 4,503
    well @ least some companies give a shit about the quality of the net code. Can't wait to test it
    I don't have it but watch me get it.
  • LiangHuBBBLiangHuBBB Joined: Posts: 2,278
    I played my first 10 matches online it runs pretty good and it features the Replay that you can save, watch, and upload from playing online matches. Very good game! :)

I am kinda new to this game,but I also noticed that there was a replay upload option.Where do you exactly find these uploaded replays?
    I checked the leaderboards and there I couldn't click to the names of the players to watch replays.
    www.youtube.com/user/LiangHuBBB
  • seyuseyu Joined: Posts: 147
    Great netcode. Usually even 0bar matches run smooth, sometimes even so smooth, that i dont notice any lag...that could just be me though :/
    Sometimes its a bit laggy, but its mostly just slower inputs. At least for me. In a game like VF, where you can buffer moves in pretty far in advance and where reading your opponent is more important than execution (well on low-mid level anyway), it doesnt feel as annoying as in 2D fighters.
  • RedVegaRedVega Joined: Posts: 863
    Yeah the netcode is legit..and matches are found really fast.
  • iminthenet2iminthenet2 Joined: Posts: 497
    I am kinda new to this game,but I also noticed that there was a replay upload option.Where do you exactly find these uploaded replays?
    I checked the leaderboards and there I couldn't click to the names of the players to watch replays.
    At the Main Menu select "Terminal", select "Online Data", and there it is the uploaded replays from players.
  • LiangHuBBBLiangHuBBB Joined: Posts: 2,278
    At the Main Menu select "Terminal", select "Online Data", and there it is the uploaded replays from players.

Thanks for the quick repsonse.
    www.youtube.com/user/LiangHuBBB
    The problem with the PS3 version is that the online is...well, kinda dead already. Particularly during late night hours here on the west coast(between 11:00pm & 02:00am PST). There's usually only like 1 lobby open with a couple people. What is the deal? I mean there certainly should be a hell of a lot more people playing this from around the world, especially from Japan, right?(and yes I have it set to "Worldwide").
    Dungeon Fighter Online, Elsword, Dragon's Crown, Streets of Rage Remake, Open BOR...it's great to be an old school Beat'em Up fan in 2014 :)
  • King9999King9999 Joined: Posts: 10,948 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    The problem with the PS3 version is that the online is...well, kinda dead already. Particularly during late night hours here on the west coast(between 11:00pm & 02:00am PST). There's usually only like 1 lobby open with a couple people. What is the deal? I mean there certainly should be a hell of a lot more people playing this from around the world, especially from Japan, right?(and yes I have it set to "Worldwide").

Go to ranked match, most people are there. If you want to play unranked, you'll have to do so with your friends.
    Switch Friend Code: SW-2722-8799-3295
    PSN/Steam ID/NNID: mmking9999
    Tile Crusher now available on Android & Itch.io!
    "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." -Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015
  • thecapsaicinkidthecapsaicinkid drops combo, pretends it's a reset Joined: Posts: 1,016

I'd be very surprised if you could show me a wireless connection that could maintain a steady ping over any reasonable length of time.
    Fighting game player, coder, chilli lover, ruffian.
  • Rabbit360Rabbit360 Nani? Joined: Posts: 295
    There's usually only like 1 lobby open with a couple people. What is the deal?

If it's the same as the xbox360 version, you can't see/join lobbies if they are currently playing. They only show up during that 30 second countdown.
    If it's the same as the xbox360 version, you can't see/join lobbies if they are currently playing. They only show up during that 30 second countdown.

Really? I was unaware of that. Thanks for letting me know I will keep that in mind.
  • solitarysportssolitarysports Joined: Posts: 7
    netcode is quite the gdlk everyone said. Match find is smooth too

Sent from my mobile using Tapatalk
  • Eternal DarknessEternal Darkness Fightan Gaems Joined: Posts: 175
    I've played 0 bar matches that are still playable. I've only really had 2/3 unplayable matches in about 200. This netcode <3
    Patch Patch Patch