3rd Strike Frame Data

StreakSRMStreakSRM C&DB KingJoined: Posts: 392
I'm starting up a new 3rd strike website, with frame rate data to start with. Note that i'm not done translating all the characters, but I should finish soon. Questions/comments welcome:

http://www.karathrow.com/

--

edited by eks

As far as I know, with the unfortunate demise of karathrow the best place to get frame data currently is Game Restaurant, which can be found at the following link:

http://sf33rd.web.fc2.com

The only problem is that the data is in Japanese which means you'll probably want to use a translation tool such as Google or AltaVista in order to make some half-sense of the data.

Otherwise, you can try the Wayback Machine at http://web.archive.org to access the old karathrow pages. Note that there are some discrepancies (it's usually just 1 added to each number I believe) between the Game Restaurant and karathrow data.
SlimX: 3s has such a perfect beautiful combo engine, System Direction combos are like seeing a delicate Hollywood starlet doing bukkake.

Comments

• agentzagentz has vegan powers Joined: Posts: 330
    Great idea, so far it's looking good. Only question/comment I have is I don't quite understand the Block Advantage/Hit Advantage. Is this the priority of the move? Or the frames of recovery after a block/hit.

Once again, great site, the 3S bible is long overdue for an english translation

[edit] Nevermind, I'm a moron. Didn't read for the FAQ first. Guess thats what the FAQ is there for......... [/edit]
    Low short, throw
  • Double ReppukenDouble Reppuken Asiaphilius Maximus Joined: Posts: 551
    omfg! d1s 1s th3 4w3som3! :lol:

seriously though, this is very good stuff. It's something I've been looking for but never found. Very nice layout, and, I like frames too :D it almost seems fitting that a page talking about "frames" would be designed using "frames"
    "How do you know it's him?"
    "Who else cancels Morrigan's lvl2 uppercut super into an air fireball?"
  • ercoerco Large Member Joined: Posts: 650
    I'm amazed by chun's c.forward giving -1 frame advantage on a hit. I always thought that c.forward -> SAII was a link, I guess now it's just an obscenely long cancel.

EDIT:

I'm a moron, thank you :)
    I like games
  • StreakSRMStreakSRM C&DB King Joined: Posts: 392
    *Sighs*
    read
    the
    F.A.Q.
    SlimX: 3s has such a perfect beautiful combo engine, System Direction combos are like seeing a delicate Hollywood starlet doing bukkake.
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    Good stuff.

Thank you for putting time and effort into this. I for on appreciate it. :D
    dude, put your paypal address up, so people can start sending donations ;D

much appreciated.
  • Hol HorseHol Horse a.k.a. Fugo ~ イタリアの強大なユリアン Joined: Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Originally posted by StreakSRM
    I'm starting up a new 3rd strike website, with frame rate data to start with. Note that i'm not done translating all the characters, but I should finish soon. Questions/comments welcome:

You're a god :eek:
    It's already the ultimate 3S website!

Thanks!!
    gooby plz
  • exodusexodus anti-vid scrub advocate! Joined: Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    ultimate 3S site...? oh shit...*light bulb above head shines* i should create a 3S site :cool:
    My most sincere congratulations for your page, its been something ive been looking for for long time.

However i want to make sure that i understand it well.

What does "Hit" mean? It is the number of frames that the move CAN hit? Or is somehow the frames that the Hit last (??) so the length of the full move would be Start-up+Hit+Recovery?

Thanks again

Also: What does it mean when in a hit box it says 1*10 for Ryus Towards + strong, for example?
    The number in the hit column is the number of frames in which you can hit your opponent. Yes, the full length of the move should be start-up + hit + recovery.

Columns with more than one number seperated by asterisks (*) are multi-hit moves. For example, Ryu's towards and strong has 1 frame with which to hit with the first part of the move, and 10 frames to hit with the 2nd part of the move.

I hope that clears things up.
  • arcticninjaarcticninja Butterfly in the sky Joined: Posts: 1,205
    omg, awesome work. This is just the thing I was looking for.

I owe you a beer, this is really good stuff.

Thanks so much for posting this information.

:cool:
  • KingRaohKingRaoh I build gauge Joined: Posts: 515 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    thanks.
    5% Set-up, 5% Execution, 90% Turtle
    "3s...not as clumsy or random as a masher. An elegent game, for a more civilized age."
    -Obi-Wan Kenobi-
    Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope
  • ApocApoc SF Bendu Knight Joined: Posts: 704 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

Ok, you are the man.

Check him out yall. For years ppl hear about gamest mooks and SRK has never commissioned anyone to translate one for any game to put on the site. Although that would seem obvious. I mean, game data section and all. But this dude finally did it himself. All by himself. SRK has tons of fans and resources(as far as players) to call on and never did so.

There was certainly more need for this than ANY combo video or tutorial. I have never had any data like this for ANY sf game. Not that I missed it but, I always felt that it sucked that in Japan you could go to the store and get all the technical info you wanted on an SF game. How easy would it be to calculate strategy with this knowledge? Although I thought it might not be as fun having all the data, it certainly never felt fair that the Japanese have it and we don't. So, SRK nuthugs as if they're(Japan) gods instead of hooking up Americans with the same advantages.

Not dissing on SRK. It just seems that things like this should make it obvious that some focus has been lost here. We should've had this long ago. Before Apex. Although Apex was dope. Now it means nothing, imo. Evo seeds and all. It doesn't inspire me to win at all. Nice tweak recently though. Heh, no more babblin'.

Superb site StreamSRM! I haven't fully looked at it yet but just the knowledge that I can get the info if I want it is INCREDIBLE. That's so much time saved. Screw training, let's just look it up like the Japanese can:)

Seriously, sites with exact info like this for SF games, even without forums, I would support. By all means, hook up the paypal. That's mad research and translation and it's a service. It caters strictly to the players and not anyone's idea of what the "scene" needs and shit.

Add top player match vids and you've got all a tourney player really cares about. Oh, and a ranking system. But when you have nationals, they rank the players anyway. Just like Evo disregards Apex for the most part now(if I understand correctly).

I'll prolly owe some of my sh*t to you for giving me the numbers to figure sh*t out:D

Thanks again.

Apoc,
    Team USA 2002

Mirc:EFnet:#gamecombos-for your combo and match vid fix! Also, go check Dr.Funkenstein's hub!

"a thug changes, n' luv changes, and best friends become strangehs...word up."- Nas- The Message

The End is near...

I AM the counter.
    I don't mean to take anything away from StreakSRM, you've done a really good job. For people that complain: "we don't have access to frame data" and stuff like that. Do you actually realise that this stuff has been around on the net for years? IIRC, SlimX has put up the URL for at least 2/3 times, the URL that SlimX posted was the best one I've seen, it listed the frame data for ARC and DC. Then other people also put it up as well (different URL IIRC). Do not complain that it's in Japanese, the translation website is ready for you to use, even though it might not translate perfectly as you want, but it's still very obvious.
  • SlimXSlimX Canadians love me Joined: Posts: 245 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Well, both Zero's 3s page (the Japanese one I've posted) and Streak's page have some of the same info, but they also each have some stuff that the other doesn't. For one thing, Zero's page is for the arcade version (with a couple character's for DC) and Streak's is from the DC book. Zero's has more detailed info about the way the supers work (full start-up times, "stuck frames" etc) but Streak's has the very useful hit advantage frames that allow you to determine what will link.

The moral is, the more info you can get your hands on, the better. =)
    "When a top player calls you cheap, you know you've come up with some really dope shit." - Apoc

"No throws is not 'old school' it's scrub school." - margalis
    Hey, awesome job! I sorta noticed that the data was for DC because I jumped straight to Alex's page and saw that you listed a 3-frame start-up for Hyper Bomb. Yup, I'm so much of a nut that I memorized all the differences between the DC and arcade versions of 3S! :D

No, actually I was kidding. That's probably the only one I know because Alex is my main character. :lol:
  • ercoerco Large Member Joined: Posts: 650
    so, uh, can you post the link to Zero's 3S page?
    I like games
  • lotuslotus Puddin Pops Joined: Posts: 1,573
    how many frames per second is 3rd strike?
    Foster and polish
    The warior spirit
    While serving in the world;
    Illuminate the path
    According to your inner light.
    I believe it's 60fps.
    Originally posted by exodus
    www.karathrow.com
    :eek:

It's going to be the reference website for non japanese 3s players, that's for sure!
    gooby plz
    I'm putting up videos demonstrating something every Wednesday. Weekly updates! Hurray!
  • popoblopopoblo Joined: Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    excellent site. i can't even imagine how much hard work you've put into this. for a 3S newb such as myself, this helps a great deal to learn the advanced points of any character.

thanks again.
    Okay, I found a hosting company that gives me more bandwidth that I'm currently getting for the same price, so I'm switching hosting companies. I don't know how long the downtime will be, but I'll get it up again as soon as possible!
    Noooo! Why did you have to do it right before a Wednesday?
    Don't worry! The transistion is going better than anticipated. The site is already up, but the DNS changes probably haven't propogated too all the different ISP's DNS servers yet. You should be able to see it by tommorrow. Unfortunately I'm running out of weird stuff to put up as vids of the week. So untill further notice, i'm going to start putting up my favorite Jap 3S matches that I have, mostly from the 2 coops and shirube. Tommorrow I'll put up 2 in celebration of my newfound bandwidth! :D
    Now the site has forums for all your feedback needs! :p
    Some of you have probably noticed that the website is down. I went a little of the bandwidth last month, and I thought I would just be billed more, but that's obviuosly not the case. I'm trying to get it back up but they haven't contacted me yet and I've already sent them an email so all I can do for now is wait.
    Update, asshats killed my site:

"Your website was disabled for executing 200 http queries per second and 78 FTP login attempts per second which degrades server performance for others located on this machine. In our shared enviroment, this is considered abuse of system resources and results in account deactivation.

Your account will not be removed from our network just yet, as we are attepting to determine if this abuse was intentional or caused by someone else that is trying to wreak havoc on your site. I will post more when i have completed my investigation "

There you have it.
    The dream is over?
    I'm just over my bandwidth, the site should be back on the 1st of november.
    Streak, you should use Bit Torrent. saves your bandwidth and you'll never crash. your site is soo useful and the crashes make me cry because they can be avoided. hit me up at bustkaratedojo.net if you need the hook-up. peace.
    "3s...not as clumsy or random as a masher. An elegent game, for a more civilized age."
    -Obi-Wan Kenobi-
  • IcegeIcege Scott f'n Summers Joined: Posts: 2,327
    Small question...

I'm a bit confused by the recovery column. Is that how many frames total (including to hit + hit frames) to recover after doing a move, or is it that many frames AFTER the hit frames?
    Rest in Peace Kevin "Gohan" Craft
    March 2, 1986 - April 7, 2010
    "Dude yea"
  • IcegeIcege Scott f'n Summers Joined: Posts: 2,327
    Doomo arigatoo

Was exactly what I was assuming. Just wanted to make sure. :)
    Rest in Peace Kevin "Gohan" Craft
    March 2, 1986 - April 7, 2010
    "Dude yea"
    I believe it's 60fps.
    No, it is 64fps for CPS3 and the DC.
  • EverdredEverdred seriously casual Joined: Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    hey i just noticed this on the frame data page for remy there seems to be 2 sets of frame data for ex low lov and ex high lov...

one set has block advantage of +4 and the moves alternate from 8 start up for ex high lov and 9 for ex low lov

the second set doesnt have any blocked advantage and the ex low lov comes out in 8 frames?

which one is the correct frame data?
    IG kleofus_hagel
    Psn kleofus_hagel
  • SlimXSlimX Canadians love me Joined: Posts: 245 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    They refer to each of the two LoVs he throws during an EX. The High/Low listed after Jab, Strong, Fierce is punch EX, the other is kick EX.
    "When a top player calls you cheap, you know you've come up with some really dope shit." - Apoc

"No throws is not 'old school' it's scrub school." - margalis
  • EverdredEverdred seriously casual Joined: Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Originally posted by SlimX
    They refer to each of the two LoVs he throws during an EX. The High/Low listed after Jab, Strong, Fierce is punch EX, the other is kick EX.

ohhhhh ok thanx
    IG kleofus_hagel
    Psn kleofus_hagel
    Hey Karathrow crew, how is the Frame data page coming along on the web site?
    What else are you thinking of that should be there?
    not sure if this was mentioned on this thread, what is the start up for a standard throw(jab+short)? does it differ by character? thanks.
    -Obi-Wan Kenobi-
  • BillyKaneBillyKane 3s is life Joined: Posts: 713
    3 start-up frames, 1 hit frame, 21 recovery frames

Same for all characters I believe.
  • Josh-TheFunkDOCJosh-TheFunkDOC Double Dutch! Joined: Posts: 2,404 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    OK, here's one:

Someone here posted awhile ago that the recovery time upon landing from a jump attack is 2 frames. Is this true?

Thanks,
    Josh.
    http://www.ustream.tv/channel/live-speedrunning - My live stream, mainly speedruns w/ some other stuff now and then
    Originally posted by Josh-TheFunkDOC
    OK, here's one:

Someone here posted awhile ago that the recovery time upon landing from a jump attack is 2 frames. Is this true?

Thanks,
    Josh.

Due to the very strict timing it takes to punish, I believe it's only 1 frame. I think I remember mopreme talking about it being 1 frame a long time ago.
  • BurningBurning "ex" - KOF boy Joined: Posts: 23
    Streak's site seems to be down ... :(
    [Live fast // Die young]
    Here's the scoop. Due to unfortunate timing circumstances, my quarterly payment happened to be due around the time I had to order a new credit card from my bank. So I won't have any way to pay my hosting company untill I get my new credit card in the mail. Hopefully I'll get it by next Friday.

In other news, KaraThrow turned 1 year old a couple days before it went offline, so happy B-day KaraThrow.
    Here's the scoop. Due to unfortunate timing circumstances, my quarterly payment happened to be due around the time I had to order a new credit card from my bank. So I won't have any way to pay my hosting company untill I get my new credit card in the mail. Hopefully I'll get it by next Friday.

In other news, KaraThrow turned 1 year old a couple days before it went offline, so happy B-day KaraThrow.

Thanks god, I was scared when I saw the suspended account page! I need karathrow.com, it's the best :D
    Happy B-day!

PS: great av!
    gooby plz
  • lseelbalseelba You must defeat ShengLong Joined: Posts: 870
    Awesome site. Thanks a lot man!
    [=[_]=]
    [+[_]::]

SRK will be down will we preform maintanance on the site.
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.