Upcoming Skullgirls Events [Links Inside]

2»

Comments

• guitalex2007guitalex2007 Joined: Posts: 3,023
    Event in Aiken, South Carolina on October 27!

https://www.facebook.com/events/452712174749815/

Come and make this less free for me :p

(Or come for casuals! Just come, OK?)
    Ms. Fortune is great. Everybody likes a little head action every now and then.
    Stream here! Follow @guitalex on Twitter for stream updates!
    ·
  • RussaiRussai A Debby Downer Joined: Posts: 342
    Ireland's getting in on the tournament action:
    Capcoms' 25th Tournament Series Paris - Irish Qualifier
    Skullgirls is only a side tournament amidst a sea of other tournaments, but if you're in the area or know anyone who is, definitely point them this way.
    Launch party erry day
    Russai.deviantART.com
    ·
  • Mike_ZMike_Z Defender of the Night Joined: Posts: 2,165
    So since WNF decided to drop SG, I'm starting a gathering in LA. Link.

Also, the very nice people from The Mixup are going to let me demo the new changes tomorrow (Saturday) at 2PM PST.
    I had the world's oldest signature so I replaced it with this.
    ·
  • DravidianDravidian He who is CAT Joined: Posts: 702
    So, it should be any time now.

EDIT: Yup, its starting
    PSN:NeoDeoN; CapcomUnity:Steelballed Dravidian; Tales forum: Dravidian
    Fighting Games I'm playing: UMVC3, SCV, SFIIIOE, and Skullgirls
    ·
  • FolksFolks Joined: Posts: 18
    MM between pichy(2nd at SS2k12) and myself at BAM (battle arena melbourne) on the weekend sometime for $100. Hopefully it will be streamed
    ·
  • mcpeanutsmcpeanuts Joined: Posts: 287
    Reminder that GUTS (which is an acronym, standing for "Game Underground Tournament Spectacular") is happening this weekend in Somerville, Massachusetts. Preregistration hasn't ended yet, but it will soon! If you're in the northeast, show up and play some Skullgirls!

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/sep-28-2012-guts-game-underground-tournament-spectacular-2012-somerville-ma.163849/
    ·
  • MyLifeIsAnRPGMyLifeIsAnRPG The Cerebella Ninja Joined: Posts: 1,073
    Anime USA in dc will be having a sg tournament. Goes down November ninth through 11th. They've been big supporters of the game since before it came out. So check it out.

www.animeusa.org
    ·
  • Scrub SaibotScrub Saibot IT'S ME AUSTIN! Joined: Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭
    It's really starting to look like offline Skullgirls tournaments are 100% dead.

Online tournaments forever, I guess?
    YOU ALL BOUGHT IT!
    EVEN MY FAMILY, EVEN MY IMMEDIATE FAMILY BOUGHT IT!
    ·
  • Mike_ZMike_Z Defender of the Night Joined: Posts: 2,165
    Unless we make it into Evo! :^P
    I had the world's oldest signature so I replaced it with this.
    ·
  • evilweevleevilweevle Xbox GT : MrFossy Joined: Posts: 3,965 ✭✭✭
    id give it some time yet before declaring only online tournies. a significant portion of players cant even play the patch yet, and im interested to see what was meant by ravidrath about something being a help to the japanese scene...
    3DS friend code : 0232 8273 2994
    ·
  • MegamanDSMegamanDS MvC3 and Trading Outlet Moderator Joined: Posts: 4,412 mod
    salty cupcakes always get a good turnout for a THURSDAY weekly (averages 15-20)
    Proven: Top MvC2 & XMvSF player | Proving now: Top Skull Girls player Watch and follow my journey
    www.eightysixed.com - PR manager
    www.facebook.com/eightysixedonline - please "like" us
    www.twitch.tv/eightysixed - Follow us for Skullgirls Salty Cupcakes & more!
    ·
  • konkretekonkrete NCV Joined: Posts: 2,380
    Frosty Faustings, Just north of Chicago, 12/29, link in sig.
    ·
    North Jersey Rejects Tournament Series Featuring Skullgirls!
    February 16th
    Gamer's Edge
    498 Kearny Ave, Kearny NJ
    5PM until whenever

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/feb-16-2013-sg-umvc3-p4a-north-jersey-rejects-tournament-series-kearny-nj.175283/

For the love of god show up guys. I've spent the better part of a year setting this up. Don't make me look like a fool by causing the brackets to be empty.
    ·
  • ubertranceubertrance Joined: Posts: 65
    SSF4AEv.2012: Akuma, Sakura, and others (only a bit)/3s: Akuma, Chun-Li, Q
    UMvC3: Ryu, Sentinel, Vergil (some others too)
    TTT2: Jun, Asuka, Alisa (only a bit)/SFxT: Xiaoyu/Akuma for now/KoF13: Kula, Mature, King
    Skullgirls: TBD if Xbox ever gets the patch but right now, Filia, Ms. Fortune, Painwheel
    ·
  • KrispKrisp Joined: Posts: 39
    lol Skull Girls gets into CEO, Jebailey doesn't want us back. (Truth is he doesn't want to get bodied ;P) Have fun SG, first perk already showing up.
    ·
  • Vigilante 8Vigilante 8 All the way from Ryu de Janeiro. Joined: Posts: 21
    Skullgirls at UFGT9 and CEO2013.... there's new hope on the horizon. If the community don't show up this time, at those tournaments, there'll be no space for complaining after it. WE NEED TO SUPPORT IT!!!

As far I'm concerned, CEO and UFGT just became the top priority tournaments for the SG community, more than EVO.
    ·
  • AsteriskBlueAsteriskBlue Joined: Posts: 578 ✭✭✭
    CEO and UFGT just became the top priority tournaments for the SG community, more than EVO.
    This is true.
    It's nice to meet you, too.
    ·
    There will be a Skullgirls tournament at this year's Momocon!
    (Practically across from- and used to be at- my campus)
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151476141138764&set=a.10150408690623764.413112.60474393763&type=1&theater
    ·
  • thecrecarcthecrecarc Joined: Posts: 10
    There will be a Skullgirls tournament at this year's Momocon!
    (Practically across from- and used to be at- my campus)
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151476141138764&set=a.10150408690623764.413112.60474393763&type=1&theater

Wait... you are also at Georgia Tech? Why aren't we playing skullgirls then?
    ·
  • konkretekonkrete NCV Joined: Posts: 2,380
    http://www.facebook.com/events/403590659735175/

Facebook group for NJ Rejects Tournament Series February 16th
    ·
  • SpaceOutNightmareSpaceOutNightmare Stays Sandbaggin' Joined: Posts: 2,336 ✭✭
    So who is like, even semi-confirmed for CEO?
    Thinking about redoing BOB tournament for the patch, anyone game?
    ·
    Wait... you are also at Georgia Tech? Why aren't we playing skullgirls then?
    Did you ever go to the Friday Meets at Klaus?
    Last semester I was always trying to get people to play SG but I only got like....one dude to play for a bit and he just happened to be one of the top players from.....one of the last years tournaments. I got more people to play MVC2 =/

I'm not taking classes this semester, but I work on campus (from 11-3) and Participate in the Scifilab radio show (7pm-8pm on thursdays), but I will gladly play you if its not during those times. I just need to set things up on my end.

EDIT: These are the first steps of creating a southern East Coast scene :rock:
    ·
  • thecrecarcthecrecarc Joined: Posts: 10
    Did you ever go to the Friday Meets at Klaus?
    Last semester I was always trying to get people to play SG but I only got like....one dude to play for a bit and he just happened to be one of the top players from.....one of the last years tournaments. I got more people to play MVC2 =/

I'm not taking classes this semester, but I work on campus (from 11-3) and Participate in the Scifilab radio show (7pm-8pm on thursdays), but I will gladly play you if its not during those times. I just need to set things up on my end.

EDIT: These are the first steps of creating a southern East Coast scene :rock:

I go to Klaus occasionally, but I only really play SG (Used to play MK and UMVC3). Although to be fair, I am terrible at all three. I was thinking of bringing SG next time I go, probably this Friday or something, and seeing if anyone was interested in giving it a shot. I am also working (co-oping) this semester, so weekdays during working hours won't work.
    ·
    I go to Klaus occasionally, but I only really play SG (Used to play MK and UMVC3). Although to be fair, I am terrible at all three. I was thinking of bringing SG next time I go, probably this Friday or something, and seeing if anyone was interested in giving it a shot. I am also working (co-oping) this semester, so weekdays during working hours won't work.
    Well sometime this month I should be going to Klaus for the meets so maybe we can meet then. Also I may go to campus on saturdays for bboy practice, so maybe on a few weekends we can play
    ·
  • POS IndustriesPOS Industries As seen on TV! Joined: Posts: 42
    So who is like, even semi-confirmed for CEO?
    As far as going? I'm hoping to have enough money for travel costs to CEO, UFGT9, and Evo, but there's some serious advanced planning and arithmetic involved that I haven't quite worked out yet.

I am also open to room sharing arrangements with anyone else who is interested in going to any of these tournaments.
    ·
  • Mr. XMr. X Non Stop ∞ Climax Joined: Posts: 20,004 ✭✭✭
    "You are all just as bad as the people you hate. You're only interested in characters based on tears." - Since1717
    NO STREAM = DEAD GAME
    PSN: X_the_Genius | GGPO: Mr X | Skype: MisterEcks
    ·
    Look a real events calender! Bookmark it! Use it!!

http://skullheart.com/forums/index.php?events/upcoming
    "You are all just as bad as the people you hate. You're only interested in characters based on tears." - Since1717
    NO STREAM = DEAD GAME
    ·
    NO STREAM = DEAD GAME
    ·
    Hey... At the NJ tournament  I'm running... Marvel has 20 entrants... Skullgirls has four... where you at community? http://www.facebook.com/events/403590659735175/?fref=ts
    ·
    New Jersey Rejects Round 2, March 16th, Kearny, NJ

·
  • Kelter SkelterKelter Skelter Joined: Posts: 2,830
    MAR 23, 2013 - GRAND RAPIDS MI

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/176702/
    grapsf.com
    ·
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=51014802&postcount=4279

So on the off chance there are any NYC based Skullgirls fans here looking for people to play in person: http://skullheart.com/forums/index.p...community.225/

This is my attempt at fostering some sort of scene here in the city. Basically, I'm trying to set up a semi-regular biweekly/fortnightly meet up for some pure casual skullgirls playing fun. And maybe in the far future, if we get a regular enough group of folks to show up, lobby to have a SG tournament included in Savage Saturdays or what have you.

The date for the next meetup is next Saturday March 29th, this Friday, at Next Level in Brooklyn.

Fair warning: The last time I set this up roughly ~5 people confirmed to show and in the end it only ended up being me and one other guy (which was fine by me since I never had to give up the controller lol).

Even if you don't live in NYC I'd still appreciate it if you guys could spread the word to any other places that you know Skullgirls players post (I only know about here, Skullheart, and /r/Skullgirls on reddit)!
    NO STREAM = DEAD GAME
    ·
    This Saturday at Gamer's Edge in Kearny NJ, tourney starts at 6, sign-ups start at 4

http://www.facebook.com/events/369948583119222/
    ·
    Hope to see you guys in the area come out tomorrow. If not, then catch us on the IPG stream, www.twitch.tv/daimyomezza
    ·
  • AZMizukiAZMizuki Joined: Posts: 11
    Anything happening in AZ?
    ·
  • 0sh0sh Sumgai Joined: Posts: 469 ✭✭✭
    Everyone in the area should head down to Smmer Jam this weekend! With skullheart down I haven't been able to promote it as much as I would have liked, but there will be a setup there!

SRK thread here: http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/178369/summer-jam-vii-back-at-the-amazing-sheraton-suites-8-17-13-8-18-13
    SFIV: Sakura (Juri?) | Skullgirls: Fortune/Bella | LB2: Yuki
    ·
  • BrandXBrandX Spark for the future Joined: Posts: 677
    It's been awhile since anyone has posted here. Hopefully you lurkers are still around. While Las Vegas is home to the wonder Evolution series, LVL UP Expo will be having a tourney for SkullGirls provided by Eightysixed themselves! It will be held at the cashman center here in Las Vegas!

For more info, check out the thread here on SkullHeart! It has all the info, and even has a special promocode that will get you 10 dollars off your entry at LVL up Expo or 1 free entry into one of the tournies! (Hopefully you enter SkullGirls!)

Hope to see you skullpals here! Lab Zero and some of the VA's might show up there as well :D

http://skullgirls.com/forums/index.php?threads/feb-1-2014-lvl-up-expo-las-vegas-nevada.1255/
    |||PSN: KingdomKeyGX|||
    Plays: Skullgirls
    Wants to help bring SkullGirls back!~ Uses a solo character: Fillia
    YouTube Channel: PhantomMinaX1
    ·
2»