Upcoming Skullgirls Events [Links Inside]

Mr. XMr. X Non Stop ∞ ClimaxJoined: Posts: 20,219 ✭✭✭
edited February 2013 in Skullgirls
Please create your event threads in the tournament and event sections of SRK, Dustloop and/or whatever site and link back to them in this thread.

(Thread inspired by a thread in the VF section)

Events Calender: http://skullheart.com/forums/index.php?events/upcoming
Post edited by Mr. X on
You did not go back in time, this is how the forums look.
"You are all just as bad as the people you hate. You're only interested in characters based on tears." - Since1717
NO STREAM = DEAD GAME
PSN: X_the_Genius | GGPO: Mr X | Skype: MisterEcks

Comments

• Scrub SaibotScrub Saibot IT'S ME AUSTIN! Joined: Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭
    https://www.facebook.com/events/403639333014017/ June 30th

https://www.facebook.com/events/291443870948278/ August 10-12th

The first one is kinda just a casual thing, the second one is going to be HUGE. It's Edmonton's biggest tourney of the year and we're talking about flying out Fanatiq for it.
    YOU ALL BOUGHT IT!
    EVEN MY FAMILY, EVEN MY IMMEDIATE FAMILY BOUGHT IT!
  • Mr. XMr. X Non Stop ∞ Climax Joined: Posts: 20,219 ✭✭✭
    Hi erreybody! CopperDabbit here!

Sorry for the short notice, but Dacidbro lacks foresight. Of any kind. Ask him about his trip to Georgia for a really interesting sorry about his lack of planning skills. Anyway, there's a SkullGirls tournament at GameCenter Arcade in downtown San Mateo this saturday (tomorrow)! Details can be found here: http://www.facebook.com/events/486103844738457/

Again, apologies for the lack of advanced notice.
    "You are all just as bad as the people you hate. You're only interested in characters based on tears." - Since1717
    NO STREAM = DEAD GAME
  • AlzarathAlzarath Remember, salt is part of a balanced diet. Joined: Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭
    "For the amount of new players who play FGs, you won’t see nearly enough new talent in top 8s. This is because too many people are bitches." - Aris

PSN: not_alzarath (East Coast) | @AlzarathEX
    NO STREAM = DEAD GAME
    NO STREAM = DEAD GAME
    $5 entry is lame, it should be 10.
    YOU ALL BOUGHT IT!
  • kenmastersXkenmastersX Stone Nguyen Joined: Posts: 3,271
    Prize pool is 1k, plus top 3 gets sticks, I dunno how 5 dollar entry is a lame idea. :)
    Evo MvC3 top 32 choke artist. :(

Also, I'm not Richard Nguyen's brother!
  • Mike_ZMike_Z Defender of the Night Joined: Posts: 2,165
    Evo tourney will be held on a special version of the game that I am making just for you all.
    It'll have Tournament Mode, the hitbox glitch 'fix', the DHC freeze fix, and the coming-in-backward fix. Nothing else should be different from the shipped game.

[edit] I gotta say, I like the patch version waaaay better.
    I had the world's oldest signature so I replaced it with this.
  • evilweevleevilweevle Xbox GT : MrFossy Joined: Posts: 4,274 ✭✭✭
    Evo tourney will be held on a special version of the game that I am making just for you all.
    It'll have Tournament Mode, the hitbox glitch 'fix', the DHC freeze fix, and the coming-in-backward fix. Nothing else should be different from the shipped game.

extra colours??
    3DS friend code : 0232 8273 2994
  • Age_of_FoolsAge_of_Fools Joined: Posts: 706

Secret "Mike Z wins" code?

Seriously though, are you entering? Would be great to see your filia on stream some more.
    Beginner's Guide to Cerebella
    Cerebella mixup video
    XBL: Age of Fools [Cerebella/Double/Parasoul/Painwheel]
    "i mean look the length of your post…" -Dime X
  • RussaiRussai A Debby Downer Joined: Posts: 342
    Would be great to see your filia on stream some more.
    Will the tourney even be streamed?
    Launch party erry day
    Russai.deviantART.com
    extra colours??
    Oh, yeah. Yes. In fact I should have said that the other way around - EVERYTHING is the way it is in the patch for the tournament EXCEPT the characters/IPS/speed. And we'll have patch-version stations for casuals.

Dunno about stream - I asked Wiz and he said we didn't pay for bandwidth so we don't get any...? However, the Evo version also auto-saves replays in Tournament Mode, so we'll have replays of the whole thing if nothing else.

I think I shouldn't be allowed to enter, given how shady that looks. (^.^)
  • OneSanitariumOneSanitarium BASARA Joined: Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭
    Just fight the 1st place winner as a secret boss IRL.
    I don't know if the world is ready for Mike in a maid costume.
    Launch party erry day
    Russai.deviantART.com
    First place gets the title, $$$, a stick and an ass whooping.
    Oh, yeah. Yes. In fact I should have said that the other way around - EVERYTHING is the way it is in the patch for the tournament EXCEPT the characters/IPS/speed. And we'll have patch-version stations for casuals.

Dunno about stream - I asked Wiz and he said we didn't pay for bandwidth so we don't get any...? However, the Evo version also auto-saves replays in Tournament Mode, so we'll have replays of the whole thing if nothing else.

I think I shouldn't be allowed to enter, given how shady that looks. (^.^)
    Find HFA if you want to stream, think he already bought his own hotspot thingy.
    NO STREAM = DEAD GAME
  • severinseverin customest user title Joined: Posts: 419
    Watch as MLP:FiM gets more bandwidth than SG. Wiz has his priorities, you see.
    words
    However, the Evo version also auto-saves replays in Tournament Mode, so we'll have replays of the whole thing if nothing else.
    Wait, saves replays? Is that just in the Evo build or did I miss something and is that a thing now?
    Launch party erry day
    Russai.deviantART.com
    Just the Evo build, since we are developers and can do whatever we want to the console. It's not a thing for you all, sorry.
    Just the Evo build, since we are developers and can do whatever we want to the console. It's not a thing for you all, sorry.
    Haha, I figured as much. I thought that'd be a fairly massive thing to have missed ;D
    Launch party erry day
    Russai.deviantART.com
  • Age_of_FoolsAge_of_Fools Joined: Posts: 706
    Crap, looks like marvel's the only thing I'll be watching this evo.

Pity we're not getting replay saves, that'd be pretty cool, especially on the PC version.
    Beginner's Guide to Cerebella
    Cerebella mixup video
    XBL: Age of Fools [Cerebella/Double/Parasoul/Painwheel]
    "i mean look the length of your post…" -Dime X
  • GHNekoGHNeko SYMPTONS INCLUDE RESETS, TICK THROWS & INPUT LAG Joined: Posts: 622
    Actually, it could be pretty useful if we could save replays and have them uploaded to a server for the dev team to download, so if glitches and bugs happen mid-match that doesnt freeze the game, the team could have direct access to them.
    For anyone who lives in NYC, Monday Night Mashfest has Skullgirls as one of the featured games. While I'm going as part of SfxT defense force I'm also gonna show SG some love. It would be great to actually play this locally for a change.
    https://www.facebook.com/events/250944371683074/
    NO STREAM = DEAD GAME
  • ZidianeZidiane KPB team member, SRK writer Joined: Posts: 1,225
    xbl/psn: Zidiane/zidiane5
    Skullgirls: Cerebella, SSB Melee: Kirby, Samus
    Ever wonder how to play Cerebella, of Skullgirls fame? Here's a guide I made!
  • milkcowmilkcow Joined: Posts: 71
  • zferoliezferolie Hello Nurse! Joined: Posts: 1,406
    I wish I was good enough to go to these events. The only game I am confident in(that people say is a fighting game, so no Naruto Wii or Smash Bros), is Soul Caliber 5. I am decent in this one... but not sure if tourny decent.
  • girlystylegirlystyle Only plays Fugazi Joined: Posts: 1,804
    I wish I was good enough to go to these events. The only game I am confident in(that people say is a fighting game, so no Naruto Wii or Smash Bros), is Soul Caliber 5. I am decent in this one... but not sure if tourny decent.

everyone is tourney decent :).

Part of getting better is travelling to tourneys and playing people in person. Just getting to make new friends will be worht the trip!
    people only pay attention to me because of my vagina awesome penis
  • The DukeThe Duke Joined: Posts: 14,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only way to get better is to compete.
    everyone is tourney decent :).

Part of getting better is travelling to tourneys and playing people in person. Just getting to make new friends will be worht the trip!

True... Part of me gets nervous when I see new people getting swept and the crowd saying never come back... I doubt I will be swept unless I play a high level person, but still....
    True... Part of me gets nervous when I see new people getting swept and the crowd saying never come back... I doubt I will be swept unless I play a high level person, but still....
    When has that happened?
    When has that happened?

It was in this one video I saw in the was ass beating thread on the fighting game board.
    Sounds like a very extreme exception to the rule.
  • mcpeanutsmcpeanuts Joined: Posts: 287
    I can't say I've seen anything like that before. It's definitely not typical.
    Sounds like a very extreme exception to the rule.
    I can't say I've seen anything like that before. It's definitely not typical.

I see. Well, thats good to hear. I guess I have been watching the wrong videos, haha.

I will try to get to more tournies. That on in the bronx this saturday is one I could go to... I'll just have to drive into the city... fun.

If only that one place down in central Jersey had tournies at good hours. Late night on a weekday is just impossible for me since I need to be up early for work.
    Yeah... I'm going to really try to get to this Bronx one. It will be fun.
  • ChucatChucat Joined: Posts: 3
    This is for all the London people, just holding some casuals/small tournament at Gamerbase on Sunday 22nd
    http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/jul-22-2012-skullgirls-sunday-london-w1d-7dh.164238/ or http://neoempire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13255
  • Number 13Number 13 The Courage to Skullgirl Joined: Posts: 1,545
    If anyone is near the Baltimore Area, OTAKON (July 27th-29th) is having fighting game tournaments including Skullgirls

Be sure to check it out if your near the area and have spare time people need to show up to these things
    http://www.otakon.com/events_videogames.asp
    Currently Played Fighters [other alias: HooliganComboFTW]
    Persona 4 Arena: Yu Narukami Skullgirls: Solo Filia SSFIV AE: Cammy Dead or Alive 5: Hitomi/Rig
    KoF XIII : K'/Athena/Terry SoulCaliber V: Siegfried Tekken 6: Lili/Lars SF3OE: Alex SSF2HDRMX: Cammy
    NO STREAM = DEAD GAME
  • mcpeanutsmcpeanuts Joined: Posts: 287
    Oh cool, they included GUTS (the best tournament, y'all should go to it)

Isn't Summer Jam going to have Skullgirls? I don't see that on the list.
  • Master_ChibiMaster_Chibi .: Dynamites! :. Joined: Posts: 14,973 mod
    Ahahaha I can't believe I forgot that.

Good looking out~

edit: Fixed!
    ~*Hai! Back to Japan!
  • MyLifeIsAnRPGMyLifeIsAnRPG The Cerebella Ninja Joined: Posts: 1,073
    If anyone is near the Baltimore Area, OTAKON (July 27th-29th) is having fighting game tournaments including Skullgirls

Be sure to check it out if your near the area and have spare time people need to show up to these things
    http://www.otakon.com/events_videogames.asp

I'm going to Otakon too.

... The Ota games guys wanted Chibi to come down with the patch too... no idea if hes gonna do it...
  • Master_ChibiMaster_Chibi .: Dynamites! :. Joined: Posts: 14,973 mod
    I'm going to Otakon too.

... The Ota games guys wanted Chibi to come down with the patch too... no idea if hes gonna do it...

I can't, I have some pretty hefty family plans to take care of that weekend (sister's house party for one).

:P
    ~*Hai! Back to Japan!
    Skullgirls is now THURSDAY at Super Arcade (Thursday Night Runback)
    https://twitter.com/cyrusweatherbee/status/225901902460760065
    NO STREAM = DEAD GAME
  • MyLifeIsAnRPGMyLifeIsAnRPG The Cerebella Ninja Joined: Posts: 1,073
    I can't, I have some pretty hefty family plans to take care of that weekend (sister's house party for one).

:P

ah son of a fuck, I even had a free hotel room for you lined up
    Skullgirls was at FinalRoundBats in Tokyo yesterday. Does anyone know if that'll be a regular thing? I'm moving to just outside Tokyo on Friday and would totally be up for hopping in any weekend it's on!
    Launch party erry day
    Russai.deviantART.com
    YOU ALL BOUGHT IT!
  • guitalex2007guitalex2007 Joined: Posts: 3,023
    Ms. Fortune is great. Everybody likes a little head action every now and then.
    Stream here! Follow @guitalex on Twitter for stream updates!
  • DuckatorDuckator New Member Joined: Posts: 31
  • Broseidon RexBroseidon Rex God of the Brocean Joined: Posts: 118
    Anyone know of anything in New York next friday (August 3)?