ATTENTION: Central Valley Gamers (Tracy, Manteca, Stockton, Etc.)

bnbgrbnbgr For all your gaming needs.Joined: Posts: 13
Hello Gamers!

We are Bread and Butter Game Reviews(BNBGR) and we are looking to connect with local gamers in the Central Valley area. So cities such as Tracy, Manteca, Stockton, Lathrop, etc.

Our goal is host fighting game tournaments in this area and possibly expand and participate in tournaments in the Bay Area or in the Sacramento area. But before we can start doing any of that, we want to connect with gamers and figure out how big of a fighting game community we have here. We believe the community is large in this area, but because of the communities in the bay area and Sacramento area, gamers here in the central valley are "pushed to the shadows" or considered part of the larger communities. With the participation of everyone, we can build a solid community in this area and build a community that people from all over will recognize.

Even though our main target audience is Central Valley gamers, we encourage gamers from all over to participate. The more the better. We are always looking for opportunities to expand our business and reach out to gamers who share the same interest as us.

Go ahead and visit our website to learn more about us, www.bnbgr.com.

So first step is to connect with gamers in this area and from there we will move forward.

Thank you!
For more information, please visit our website at www.bnbgr.com and like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter: @bnbgr.

Comments

• bnbgrbnbgr For all your gaming needs. Joined: Posts: 13
    P.S

Feel free to leave a comment/reply. I would like to get a conversation going.

Thank you!

www.bnbgr.com
    For more information, please visit our website at www.bnbgr.com and like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter: @bnbgr.
  • MajinTonyMajinTony World Painted Blood Joined: Posts: 42
    This area has some good players but nothing on a regular basis. I can only speak from my own experiences living in Stockton. There were sessions at the coffee shop for a bit, but that's on hiatus. We're all splintered regionally, game-wise, crew-wise. I think that evreryone around here wants to have casuals and tournaments, but not sure if people have the time or motivation to do so. I'm fairly new to this FGC so I'm probably not the best to speak on this. Perhaps some of the killers out there will throw in some input. I know I'm very intrigued by this thread, that's for sure.
    "Piling the corpses of those that he slew. Untill it was hard to tell if the pile grew!"-GWAR
    www.darksidealliance.com
    www.joinDSA.com
    More input would be very helpful. In order for us to expand our business, we need to know what people in this area have to say about the FGC or the gaming community in general in the Central Valley area.

Thank you!

www.bnbgr.com
  • MaggotSaiMaggotSai Joined: Posts: 65
    Bi-weekly or monthly tournaments would be so nice, but I want to see more games than just Street Fighter, and Marvel being played. We need tournaments for other games such as Blazblue, KOFXIII, Virtua Fighter, the upcoming games Persona 4 Arena, Tekken Tag 2, and DOA5. Maybe even Capcom VS SNK 2 and Guilty Gear on the side, the more games the better. Time, date, and location for tournaments would also need to be consistent and convenient for everyone who participates. Personally I think this would result in more people showing up to play in tournaments, although it will more than likely start off small it may continue to grow as long as tournaments are ran regularly.
  • JoutaiJoutai Some Ken Player Joined: Posts: 644
    Any idea on where the venue may be?
  • Geo63Geo63 Gold Member Joined: Posts: 59
    I live in Modesto & there's not really anywhere to play around here. If you guys set it up, I will be a regular
    My iron body is invincible! So beware!
    PSN: DG_Infinite
    I live in Modesto & there's not really anywhere to play around here. If you guys set it up, I will be a regular
    I see. I heard about a LAN center type place in Modesto called "The Gamer's Network." I was thinking about contacting them to see if they can working something out with us. Ideally, I would like to host the event in rented space, that way we don't have to worry about following a shops rules, such as taking pictures and streaming.

Most likely any event we hold will be in Tracy. We are working on finding space to use that is cheap and allows us to hold tournaments like we want.

I appreciate all the input. Please help spread the word about what we are trying to do. The more people who participate in this thread the better. You all know what you want, and the more I know the better events will turn out.

THANK YOU!
    "The Gamer's Network" had 1 tournament that I went to, which had a decent turn out. I gave them my number for future tourney's, but I never heard back from them.

I can definitely make it out to Tracy
    "The Gamer's Network" had 1 tournament that I went to, which had a decent turn out. I gave them my number for future tourney's, but I never heard back from them.

I can definitely make it out to Tracy

When you say decent turn out, about how many attended and competed?
    Any idea on where the venue may be?
    Ideally, I would like the events to be held in Tracy. Being the city right after the Altamont may lure bay area gamers to attend. I'm thinking the first few events will be small so space is not too much of an issue. Possibly the local arcade is an option, or if possible, we will rent space for a day. Eventually I would like to rent commercial space and set up shop, but that is later down the road.

If not Tracy, I have heard of a few places in Modesto and Stockton, but I have no looked too much into them yet. I prefer spots that are individually owned, unlike a GameStop or Tilt. They are more likely to be less strict about things like pictures and streaming set ups.

Any other ideas of good locations we would be able to hold events?

For more information, please visit our website at www.bnbgr.com and like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter: @bnbgr. When we begin the actual planning process, all updates will be posted on our website and social network accounts.
    This area has some good players but nothing on a regular basis. I can only speak from my own experiences living in Stockton. There were sessions at the coffee shop for a bit, but that's on hiatus. We're all splintered regionally, game-wise, crew-wise. I think that evreryone around here wants to have casuals and tournaments, but not sure if people have the time or motivation to do so. I'm fairly new to this FGC so I'm probably not the best to speak on this. Perhaps some of the killers out there will throw in some input. I know I'm very intrigued by this thread, that's for sure.
    Thank you for your input. I agree that a regularly scheduled event/tournament would be ideal and I'm guessing if we can attract regulars we will be recognized as legitimate and more people would show up. I think right now would be the ideal time to start something like this due to summer break and most people's schedules are free.

Definitely keep up on this thread or follow our website (www.bnbgr.com) for information regarding this topic. If you have any other information you would like to share don't hesitate.

Again, thank you for your input.
    Bi-weekly or monthly tournaments would be so nice, but I want to see more games than just Street Fighter, and Marvel being played. We need tournaments for other games such as Blazblue, KOFXIII, Virtua Fighter, the upcoming games Persona 4 Arena, Tekken Tag 2, and DOA5. Maybe even Capcom VS SNK 2 and Guilty Gear on the side, the more games the better. Time, date, and location for tournaments would also need to be consistent and convenient for everyone who participates. Personally I think this would result in more people showing up to play in tournaments, although it will more than likely start off small it may continue to grow as long as tournaments are ran regularly.
    I definitely agree that we need to be more diverse in the the games we use for tournaments. I am sure a lot of gamers who play Street Fighter play other fighting games as well. So I am sure players will enter to play multiple games, increasing their chances of winning, and increasing their time spent playing games rather than getting bored watching. At first, we may be relying on just a few games, just because games cost money, and we would need to purchase about 9 copies of each game, possibly more for back up. So I think in the beginning we will just focus on one or two games and expand when funds become available, which I believe won't take too long assuming we attract a regular good sized crowd.

I think a lot of people in this area have concerns regarding consistency of events. My goal at first is to establish events with a regular crowd. After some time, I would like to open up a shop where we can hold events on a regular basis. That way people don't have to keep guessing or looking for the information. It will be consistent every week, making it easier to remember. That all depends though on the consistency of a crowd and the ability to generate revenue through different sectors of this business (tournaments, meet and greet/practice sessions, lessons, etc.).

If you have any other comments don't hesitate to post it here. You can follow our website at www.bnbgr.com. And if it is more convenient for you, like us on facebook at facebook.com/bnbgr01 or on Twitter @bnbgr. When we begin to move forward with these plans we will be posting information on our website and our social network accounts. Look out for updates.

Thank you for your input, it really helps.
    I meant it was descent for a first tourney... There was about 10 - 15 competitors total. I think they were just kinda testing the waters & it wasn't what they were expecting, but they didn't stick around long enough to actually create a community
    I meant it was descent for a first tourney... There was about 10 - 15 competitors total. I think they were just kinda testing the waters & it wasn't what they were expecting, but they didn't stick around long enough to actually create a community
    Oh okay, that seems like a pretty good size for a first tournament. I'm guessing if we throw an event, I would expect around 10-15 people. I am pretty much shooting for a lower turnout at first, just so I can establish the event as a regular event. I figure if I can do that, more people will be inclined to come and attendance will increase over time.
    Oh okay, that seems like a pretty good size for a first tournament. I'm guessing if we throw an event, I would expect around 10-15 people. I am pretty much shooting for a lower turnout at first, just so I can establish the event as a regular event. I figure if I can do that, more people will be inclined to come and attendance will increase over time.

Well keep us posted! :)
    I can bring a setup if need be (ps3, UMVC3, AE)
    Well keep us posted! :)
    I can bring a setup if need be (ps3, UMVC3, AE)
    Will do!

For the more up to date information, either follow our website, like our Facebook page, or follow us on Twitter because it will be on those three sites we will post most of our information. If you have any friends who would be interested in this as well, let them know and tell them to follow us as well. The more the better!

Thank you!
  • YeastyBeastYeastyBeast Prepare... Joined: Posts: 5
    I would think there is definitely some potential for a community around the area. I just moved to the area (Manteca), and I'm starving for something to do. There has got to be more people out there like me, new to the area, looking to get connected.
  • SchmidtnurfaceSchmidtnurface Safe On Block Joined: Posts: 320
    I had thrown a tournament series called the Norcal Downtown Throwdown for about 4 years. We had great turnouts every time. I would say between 40-60 entrants total. That is split between both Marvel and Street Fighter IV. The problem is that I couldnt throw them as much as I wanted because of resources and I have two kids and go to school full time. I wanted to create something huge and I felt that if I could have given it more attention and a little luck. ( I had some great ideas ) it could have really gotten big.

Send me an email and ill give you my phone number so we can talk. I can share a lot with you. = )

Email is Schmidtnurface@ymail.com
    Dont be "that guy".
    I would think there is definitely some potential for a community around the area. I just moved to the area (Manteca), and I'm starving for something to do. There has got to be more people out there like me, new to the area, looking to get connected.
    I feel a lot of people think that way. I believe people in this area are anxious for something to happen. Especially because the nearest regular events are either in the bay area or Sacramento area, which is really far.

And yes, I would love to attract those new to the area looking for a fighting game scene. I know a lot of people in the central valley have been here for a while and have seen things come up and then disappear due to inactivity. That is why I believe I can make a significant impact in this area and learn from what didn't work with past events and shape my company into something that will last and be known by more than just Central Valley Gamers.

Definitely keep up with our website and social network accounts. It will be there we post new information when it becomes available, which I believe won't be too long from now. I am learning a lot from various sources and I believe we are close to actually putting an event together.

Thank you
  • moe wifimoe wifi Joined: Posts: 332
    gamers network is a cool venue but im hoping u can get the venue fee to 2 or 3 dollars each

heres my stream page http://www.twitch.tv/cvl_209 im down to stream central valley events we just need a consistent tournament weekly or every other week
    BURRRRRR
    gamers network is a cool venue but im hoping u can get the venue fee to 2 or 3 dollars each

heres my stream page http://www.twitch.tv/cvl_209 im down to stream central valley events we just need a consistent tournament weekly or every other week
    The venue fee will depend on where we hold the events. Most likely, fees will be low. I have no really heard of many local tournaments that charge more than $10 ($8 to pot, $2 to venue) to enter. So I am just assuming that is a reasonable price.

As for the streaming, I will definitely keep that in mind. I know streaming is a valuable asset that a lot of people don't have access to. Thanks for offering the help, and when the time comes I will contact you for more information.

Thank you!
  • team_cvfsuteam_cvfsu Joined: Posts: 109
    gamers network just needed more experience in fg tournies. it could be a good spot in modesto for that. here is a teaser flyer for our upcoming tourney. im not sure what the internet will be like so if not streamed atleast it will be recorded in hd. if you guys wanna see other games or have any suggestions about the event let me know. the only thing i cant change is that it will be on a sunday
    if08av.jpg
  • PandaStylePandaStyle Joined: Posts: 69
    I'm new to the FGC and residing in the Lodi area, I was worried that the scene was mostly in the Sac area. If you guys could actually get an event for SF I would be very tempted to come down and play even though I would get squashed
    How can hip-hop be dead if Wu-Tang is forever?
    GT: PandaStyle92
    We are having one in Merced The 19th some people from sac are coming or maybe you can carpool with any of the guys from Modesto. Stockton is also having one that Friday.
  • cBASScBASS run away! Joined: Posts: 56
    I'm from Stockton, I've been here almost my whole life...The scene in Stockton was strong back then (IMO) when arcades were still open. Back in 06-07 3 arcades closed down here including the main one where everyone went to. When this happen slowly everyone started to disappear, haven't heard from any of the regulars.

I've been working at this small weekend arcade here in Stockton, trying to get the scene back up but its been very hard. We do get at random times good players that drop in and play a few rounds.
    My Arcade: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Stockton-Arcade/206105256104831?ref=hl
    CvS2: Iori, Sakura, Cammy N-Groove SSFIV: Dee Jay
    MVC2: Guile, Tron, Cable UMVC3: Phoenix Wright, Nemesis, Frank West
    SFIII 3s: Elena SFIIT: E. Honda
  • PandaStylePandaStyle Joined: Posts: 69
    I'm from Stockton, I've been here almost my whole life...The scene in Stockton was strong back then (IMO) when arcades were still open. Back in 06-07 3 arcades closed down here including the main one where everyone went to. When this happen slowly everyone started to disappear, haven't heard from any of the regulars.

I've been working at this small weekend arcade here in Stockton, trying to get the scene back up but its been very hard. We do get at random times good players that drop in and play a few rounds.
    where is this arcade at? I thought that they were all gone in this area
    How can hip-hop be dead if Wu-Tang is forever?
    GT: PandaStyle92
    LAST MAN STANDING TOURNAMENT RESULTS!
    sf4 ae top8

xsk samurai
    tommy
    javier
    jared
    seabass
    albert
    jacob
    ryan

umvc3 top 8

mine
    xsk samurai
    tommy
    jared
    snort me im dope
    eyoel
    james k
    tasp

p4a top 8

andre
    johnny
    brian r
    wicked decisions
    miller
    phil
    eric
    maracio

scv top 3

snort me im dope
    andre
    aroma

sfxt n/a
    tekken 6 n/a
  • cBASScBASS run away! Joined: Posts: 56
    where is this arcade at? I thought that they were all gone in this area

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/arcades-in-stockton-california-209.141091/

Its right next to McKinley park in Stockton. That's the thread with more info ^^^
    My Arcade: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Stockton-Arcade/206105256104831?ref=hl
    CvS2: Iori, Sakura, Cammy N-Groove SSFIV: Dee Jay
    MVC2: Guile, Tron, Cable UMVC3: Phoenix Wright, Nemesis, Frank West
    SFIII 3s: Elena SFIIT: E. Honda
  • KorngoKorngo ______ Joined: Posts: 3,620

i just moved to manteca in may, i myself am looking for some people to play with
    I know 2 groups of Manteca players That don't post much on srk. They come to our tourneys tho maybeyou can find them on the 209 thread if they still post
    there is a session/tourney this saturday 6th in turlock if anyone is interested ae marvel and few other fighters we been streaming alot if you wanna come hang out in the chat with us
  • Gabe RodriguezGabe Rodriguez Joined: Posts: 8
    I've been trying to look for a look community, but no luck, and looks like these posts are old, hopefully I can some kind of reply. I want to play fighting games with people locally, not just online as that gets boring and lag sucks too. I play Mortal Kombat mostly, and very soon Injustice. My Xbox Live Gamertag is G 831. I live in Los Banos by the way. But I would be willing to go out of town, of if there are any people that live here I would like to start some kind of fighting scene here.
  • DarkguyverDarkguyver Joined: Posts: 16
    Well give ride to people if they put gas in the car came out of Forest Meadows CA 95247
  • NuXeroNuXero Joined: Posts: 3
    There is a place in manteca that I go to weekly to play but its just me and friend. They would let us hold weekly tournaments or just casuals for any game (AE, Marvel, BBCP, Persona, melyblood, Smash, literally whatever anyone wants to play). They're shop is called War torn front. wartornfront.com/ check them out. Let me know if anyone is intrested, or contact them directly if you would like.
    sup guys my friend is throwing a tourney in manteca pretty soon for ae n umvc3 it will be dope ill make a thread soon
    BURRRRRR
    and sup korngo where u at bro i wasnt even tryna sneak diss u or anything jus someone hit me up at like 4 am askin me for somethin and i said something dumb it was an accident tho bro and i have no problems with any1 so if u got a prob dont bring it to the tourney were tryna have fun n hang out everyone is invited lets just play some games n chill
    BURRRRRR
    ppl who know me can hit up my cell i have the same num or ask me on here ill be checking up from now on lets just kick it and play some games and have some money matches
    BURRRRRR
    Sup guys where yall at?
    BURRRRRR
  • NuXeroNuXero Joined: Posts: 3
    Yo, whens that tourny?
    Well I live in Los Banos looks like I'm shit out of luck.... :/
    I've also been away from the fighting games need people to spar or run sessions so I can get back into the swing of things
  • MisteranthropyMisteranthropy Joined: Posts: 14
    edited January 2014
    1005849_10200975624184894_1172582756_n.jpg

Max Cancel is a Bi-weekly fighting game house session in Manteca, California. The goal is to provide a place for the local communities to level up and play new people.

Our game selections will expand along with our turnout. The more people we get the more diverse the games will be. So come out and play and help the local scene grow!

These events are open to the public

Questions/Contact Info:

www.facebook.com/groups/valleymax/

Twitter: www.twitter.com/maxcancel

Email: valleymaxcancel@gmail.com
    moe!!!!!! lol where you been at!?!?! we having a tourney at the end of the month http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/187828/feb-23-last-man-standing-3-cencal?new=1
    Sup I live in manteca so im down for the max cancel sessions hmu! 510 921 6985 just txt me the adress n info that other tourney was short notice ima make a thread for the next one its gonna be at the war torn front in manteca and have ae n marvel
    BURRRRRR
    And ill try and make the merced tourney
    BURRRRRR
    Sup guys im trying to start up a weekly in manteca every tues or wed noght or early on sundays hmu guys 510 921 6985
    BURRRRRR
    1005849_10200975624184894_1172582756_n.jpg

Max Cancel is a Bi-weekly fighting game house session in Manteca, California. The goal is to provide a place for the local communities to level up and play new people.

Our game selections will expand along with our turnout. The more people we get the more diverse the games will be. So come out and play and help the local scene grow!

These events are open to the public

Questions/Contact Info:

www.facebook.com/groups/valleymax/

Twitter: www.twitter.com/maxcancel

Email: valleymaxcancel@gmail.com
  • HyohomieHyohomie Joined: Posts: 3
    Are these things still going on anymore? I've been looking around for a fighting game scene around here for a while. I live in Weston Ranch and I don't think anyone out here plays SF or any fighting game lol.
  • JoutaiJoutai Some Ken Player Joined: Posts: 644
    Hyohomie wrote: »
    Are these things still going on anymore? I've been looking around for a fighting game scene around here for a while. I live in Weston Ranch and I don't think anyone out here plays SF or any fighting game lol.

If you're in Stockton, check out our monthlies. Next one is Aug 16th for UMvC3 and USFIV.
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/188476/august-16th-stockton-ca-monthly-usfiv-umvc3#latest
    Our session is still going on bi weekly and our next session is tomorrow and looks like its going to be a good turn out. We would love to get more people so feel free to message me here and we can work out the details.