USFIV Stream Commentary Thread

Comments

• w00denTEETHw00denTEETH Dr. Zaius Joined: Posts: 670 ✭✭✭
    At least with Claw walk speed, everything into sweep, front back up down bait unblockable air-throw mixup, teleport escape, yellow-blue-red-green-rainbow-air-ground-fireball Akuma it's a fair game.

...it sounds like at least one person on this forum decided to learn the Akuma matchup. All hope is not lost for you guys. :tup:

Keep the faith shoryuken.com SF4 grand master stream watchers! Capcom will unleash a series of nerfs that will completely remove Akuma from the source code leaving you with the opportunity to watch your favorite FGC celebrities winning millions of dollars without putting any effort into the game once again. :woot:
    ·
  • DrGulagDrGulag Joined: Posts: 199
    I'm not the one who was crying for 40 pages after the demon flip changes were announced.

I just play the game for fun and use all the characters. But I do find it curious how much hate certain toons have received even if they have never been the strongest of the lot - in any of the versions. At the same time Akuma mostly got a pass although he was the best in SF4 and Super and still is in AE12. Nothing wrong with that of course.
    ·
  • NevermoreNevermore Scrubby in disguise. Joined: Posts: 1,092 ✭✭
    I'm not the one who was crying for 40 pages after the demon flip changes were announced.

I just play the game for fun and use all the characters. But I do find it curious how much hate certain toons have received even if they have never been the strongest of the lot - in any of the versions. At the same time Akuma mostly got a pass although he was the best in SF4 and Super and still is in AE12. Nothing wrong with that of course.

So now we're playing an MMORPG? Even in that genre the term is ridiculous.
    You also might want to check the overall nerf history of each character before making claims like "mostly got a pass".
    ·
  • DrGulagDrGulag Joined: Posts: 199
    I did play Ultima Online but I don't really remember people using the word toon in those days.

To me the word toon has derived from animated television shows. Cartoon characters, games and all that. Works with all of them?

ps. And obviously we shouldn't forget The Magpies! :)
    ·
    I did play Ultima Online but I don't really remember people using the word toon in those days.

To me the word toon has derived from animated television shows. Cartoon characters, games and all that. Works with all of them?

Ever since 2004 it's been one of the most misused terms in online gaming (it happened with EQ and DAoC, but was nowhere near as widespread). It's especially stupid in a fighting game.
    ·
  • simon_simon_ Joined: Posts: 291
    not sure why nobody wants to give infiltration props. if it was tokido destroying everyone in 2012, people would go crazy.

and while I agree that akuma is a powerful and cheap bastard, so is viper....
    ·
  • US4US4 Mark D. Aardvark Joined: Posts: 176
    Infiltration is king right now. I think he messed up that US versus Japan rivalry. Now we must join our rivals to take out a new threat... wait that's the plot of Blade 2.
    ·
  • yoga fyahyoga fyah hype du jour Joined: Posts: 298
    Infilitration made PR Balrog look free with Hakan.

Just sayin.

When/where did this happen? SCR?
    ·
  • InfilInfil Waiting for shoryuken.com... Joined: Posts: 7,133 ✭✭✭✭
    People also forget that I can't think of a single Akuma player who knocked Wolfkrone or Latif out of a big tournament. In the past, it's been... Tokido losing to Latif at Evo, Tokido losing to Wolfkrone at Canada Cup (both in the tournament and in the 5 on 5), Momochi starting off with Akuma vs Wolfkrone at SF25 and losing both rounds before 80 seconds before he had to switch. I think most Viper players thought Akuma could be dealt with.

Infiltration also beat Wolfkrone in the Evo salty suite like 10-1 or something. So... what's the deal? Why can he do so much better than the other best Akumas in this match? It's skill. He put the time in and is better. Also helps I think he's one of those rare, gifted players that come along once every 5 years in the FGC.
    Check out my Killer Instinct Guide for SFIV Players! Learn the mechanics and strategy in familiar terms with lots of cool videos.
    ·
    People also forget that I can't think of a single Akuma player who knocked Wolfkrone or Latif out of a big tournament. In the past, it's been... Tokido losing to Latif at Evo, Tokido losing to Wolfkrone at Canada Cup (both in the tournament and in the 5 on 5), Momochi starting off with Akuma vs Wolfkrone at SF25 and losing both rounds before 80 seconds before he had to switch. I think most Viper players thought Akuma could be dealt with.

Infiltration also beat Wolfkrone in the Evo salty suite like 10-1 or something. So... what's the deal? Why can he do so much better than the other best Akumas in this match? It's skill. He put the time in and is better. Also helps I think he's one of those rare, gifted players that come along once every 5 years in the FGC.

Stop it, you're making too much sense. We all know that he has an implant that allows him to download his opponents via his phone.
    ·
  • JulperoJulpero Joined: Posts: 759 ✭✭
    Man Juicebox switched games to KOF13 and just seemed better in this game than he was before.
    Gfwl: jholtta
    Psn: julpro

ssf4 ae 2012: Yang, Gen
    kof 13: Kensou, EX Kyo, Ryo, Takuma, Hwa Jai, Chin
    ·
  • Bryanv2Bryanv2 BryanJ Joined: Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭
    Lmao its so funny how shameless Infiltration is when he looks at his Phone with notes about his opponent lol.

Also Juicebox is so sick. Love watching an Abel
    UMVC3: Main : Dante/Vergil/Strider (mag). Alt 1#: Wolverine/Dante/Akuma. Alt 2# Spencer/Vergil/Hawkeye. Alt 3#: Wesker/Anything
    Bait Reversal Fighter 4 AE: Main: Ken - Alts: Akuma, Seth, Ibuki. (Low HP lets go ;_;)
    BB CS2: Bang (Meh..), Makoto, Platinum
    Tekken 6: Raven, Lars, King
    ·
  • RyugaRyuga Emperor Time Joined: Posts: 3,261 ✭✭✭
    As a Viper player watching the exhibition, Infiltration has the match up pretty much down-pat, nothing more than that really. I blame M-Lizard lol.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/OtogiMatsuri
    www.gab.com
    PSN ID: Otogi-Matsuri
    ·
  • HNIC MikeHNIC Mike Oh Noes! My Character! Joined: Posts: 7,031 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man Juicebox switched games to KOF13 and just seemed better in this game than he was before.

really? i thought it just looked like andy was more out of practice than he was

would have liked to see luminaire not be so pleased with himself. nothin major but just expect to win
    DWU fucked my bitch
    ·
  • KomatikKomatik Card demon Joined: Posts: 2,253 ✭✭✭✭
    FChamp committed suicide on the character select screen. I mean, you get mauled by Hakan, you don't know the matchup and PICK SIM AGAIN?
    Steam/GGPO/#Ronline: Coffeeling
    KOF13: Iori/Karate/Kim/Benimaru | UNIEL: Gordeau | GG: Elphelt | CB: Vritra/Nagar/??? | 3S: Chun-Li | VSav: Zabel | SSBM: Fox
    Resource pack for learning fighting games and/or starting KOF13
    ·
    really? i thought it just looked like andy was more out of practice than he was

lol could've been that as well but he was making great reads at least in that first game.

Edit: Can't Abel punish those psychocrushers with ultra on block?

·
    lol could've been that as well but he was making great reads at least in that first game.

Edit: Can't Abel punish those psychocrushers with ultra on block?

gotta be point blank blocked psycho's i think. he was doing them as cross up meaties and such for the most part

but yeah, his reads wont leave. those translate between games

filipinomans rose is sick nasty by the way. just kinda unfair to have to play and listen to guile theme
    DWU fucked my bitch
    ·
  • EmanuelbEmanuelb Joined: Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭
    Yeah, Juicebox made an awesome comeback - Andyocr had to win 1 more round, but Juice took everything back :). Too bad he lost in the last second to Floe.
    Also, Luminaire has a sick Guy, good job, man.
    SSF4 AE v. 2012 - 2013 Tier List: http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/6905/a2oo.jpg

·
  • ThatJollyOlBastidThatJollyOlBastid Non-stop Climax! Joined: Posts: 19,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kind of it OT, but looks like Poongko came back from the dead.
    http://tokido77.blogspot.com/2013/01/poongko-is-back-for-ae-2013.html#more
    "Seth is like McDonald's. You can learn to make the same burger in 2 days as the person who's worked there for 5 years" ~ Dogura
    ·
    Hoodaman...what a match :)
    SSF4 AE v. 2012 - 2013 Tier List: http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/6905/a2oo.jpg

·
    I lost my faith in Mike Ross. :(. He basically gave up.

·
    the hell is going on. srk says latif is out of the tourney, and still in top 8?
    DWU fucked my bitch
    ·
    the hell is going on. srk says latif is out of the tourney, and still in top 8?

It's LPN not Latif. At least I guess it should be since he was in winners and won his last match. Haven't watched the stream today but just checked the results.

·
    "you can't win the fireball war against Guile unless you're Gouken"

Stream chat, yay!
    KOF13: Iori/Karate/Kim/Benimaru | UNIEL: Gordeau | GG: Elphelt | CB: Vritra/Nagar/??? | 3S: Chun-Li | VSav: Zabel | SSBM: Fox
    ·
    dammit james.

unblockableunblockableunblockableunblockable?
    DWU fucked my bitch
    ·
    lucky that flash kick wasnt lk
    DWU fucked my bitch
    ·
    how did infil know!!!???
    DWU fucked my bitch
    ·
  • tabs2002tabs2002 Joined: Posts: 301
    Hugo dropped way too many combos

TTT2 - Jaycee, Lars
    ·
    3 regular rekkas not a true block string. 2012 change
    DWU fucked my bitch
    ·
    PR's fei is way better than i thought he'd be at this point. way scary by evo
    DWU fucked my bitch
    ·
  • LudaBabaLudaBaba Joined: Posts: 37
    I wanted Hugo to win finals but he made too many mistakes. At least got 2 games even if didnt play that well.
    ·
  • chubbyfingerzchubbyfingerz Kore ga Saikyo-ryu da! Joined: Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭
    Did anyone else think it was awesome how Infiltration pulled off an awesome Hakan?
    PSN: SaikyoForever

Test yourself against Saikyo!

·
  • LKXLKX Joined: Posts: 58
    Lmao its so funny how shameless Infiltration is when he looks at his Phone with notes about his opponent lol.

Also Juicebox is so sick. Love watching an Abel

What is the shame in reading his own notes? Hell, even if it's character match up guide written by Air or someone, it's still legit.

Everyone should be reading their notes, it clearly says "You are so free".
    ·
  • Grimmjow316Grimmjow316 Huracán Salvadoreño Joined: Posts: 5,547 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does Air even take his own advice?

Sent from Hueco Mundo using Garganta Talk.
    "Life's a journey not a destination."
    FC: 3368-2140-0560
    PSN: Grimmjow316
    ·
  • The BreakerThe Breaker reading, lol Joined: Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭
    Air is up there with Infiltration when it comes to mind games. Give them bad advice and take care of the potential competition early on.
    "This game is garbage." Why do you play it?
    "Because the other garbage is cold." So you just like garbage.
    ·
  • ThatJollyOlBastidThatJollyOlBastid Non-stop Climax! Joined: Posts: 19,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait, what does Air have to do with any of this?
    "Seth is like McDonald's. You can learn to make the same burger in 2 days as the person who's worked there for 5 years" ~ Dogura
    ·
  • iLoVBoomsiLoVBooms Plasma Chucker Joined: Posts: 59
    [SIZE=12px]Man Infiltration[/SIZE] is just on another level. He is just destroying everyone... I was impressed by Hugo101 though.
    Remy is top tier!
    Guile who?
    ·
    http://ko.twitch.tv/cafeid
    Poongko playing against Dashio
    ·
    Yeah, socal was a great major. Interesting, the top 8 had 7 different characters, and I'm not counting Hakan here.

·
  • AmigoOneAmigoOne Joined: Posts: 1,181 ✭✭
    lol hakan was so hype
    ·
  • atothexatothex Joined: Posts: 325
    OK I'm generally pretty forgiving when it comes to commentary. It's a very difficult task, and honestly, Chen is more capable than average. But goddammit STOP CALLING EVERYTHING AN UNBLOCKABLE. If you don't know, just call it a fucking setup.

You're basically intentionally misinforming less knowledgeable viewers, which to me is the one cardinal sin. And I've noticed some others have followed this trend. It's just a terrible state of SF commentary right now with the amount of misinformation. For the love of god, stop spreading the ignorance. I remember watching some old matches with djWHEAT and Slasher on the mic, of all people, and they basically provided no insight, but I slightly preferred it, because they actually knew their limits and told no lies.
    ·
    Link?

And yes, goddamnit. Little more annoying than a commentator who tries to sound very smart or very knowledgeable about details while not actually having that knowledge.
    ·
  • ilitiritilitirit Joined: Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Poongko playing. He just missed Uryo:
    http://www.justin.tv/cafeid

Anyone got a link to the original vanilla SFIV vid that made Infiltration famous. It's the one where he was about to die but then pulled off an epic reset against Poongko's Ryu. It may have been on LordAborigine's original channel.
    ·
    Poongko playing. He just missed Uryo:
    http://www.justin.tv/cafeid

Anyone got a link to the original vanilla SFIV vid that made Infiltration famous. It's the one where he was about to die but then pulled off an epic reset against Poongko's Ryu. It may have been on LordAborigine's original channel.

Watching those guys play the dude on Bayfighter TV is funny as hell.

Edit: Also Xian is currently playing Inaba here: http://www.twitch.tv/toughcookietv

·
    dammit james.

unblockableunblockableunblockableunblockable?

That's okay, he says "here comes the vortex" every single time Infiltration would get a knockdown, as though Akuma was the only character with mixups. Remember, Cammy is bottom tier.
    ·
    ·
    Haitani dropping Mak for Rufus? :(
    ·
    Shoutouts to CEO Winterfest commentary. Chun-Akuma is in Chun's favour, you heard it there first.
    ·
  • Hol HorseHol Horse a.k.a. Fugo ~ Old&Salty Joined: Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭
    Haitani dropping Mak for Rufus? :(

actually, Haitani was the first top rufus in sf4 history. I'm talking about vanilla arcade sf4, with the August 2008 reports of Haitani's sick Rufus with a win rate surpassing 90%.

So he's just back to his roots :P
    gooby plz
    ·
  • VeseriusVeserius Hold Down Back Joined: Posts: 8,021 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I kind of feel like most commentators shouldn't talk frame data/matchups in general because they have no idea what they are doing.
    ·