USFIV Stream Commentary Thread

Comments

• VulpesVulpes No. Joined: Posts: 3,677 ✭✭✭
    I kind of feel like most commentators shouldn't talk frame data/matchups in general because they have no idea what they are doing.
    :sweat:
    Why.
    ·
  • The-OlympianThe-Olympian 4 the Glory of Gaea Joined: Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭
    Haitani Rufus was all over the place, spamming dive kick mindlessly.

Sako Combo <3 on Rufus was sick.
    What of the Hunting, Hunter Bold? Brother, the Watch was Long and Cold.
    What of the Quarry ye went to Kill? Brother, He Crops in the Jungle Still.
    ·
  • JulperoJulpero Joined: Posts: 759 ✭✭
    Haitani's Rufus was like '08 Rufus with a splash of online randomness. Still loved how he scared Dogura to jump by whiffing divekicks and then did jump hard kick to ultra.
    Gfwl: jholtta
    Psn: julpro

ssf4 ae 2012: Yang, Gen
    kof 13: Kensou, EX Kyo, Ryo, Takuma, Hwa Jai, Chin
    ·
  • EmanuelbEmanuelb Joined: Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭
    Anybody's watching Yubiken Cup ? :rolleyes: a Hakan just beat an Abel.
    SSF4 AE v. 2012 - 2013 Tier List: http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/6905/a2oo.jpg

·
  • Grimmjow316Grimmjow316 Huracán Salvadoreño Joined: Posts: 5,812 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Link?

Sent from Hueco Mundo using Garganta Talk.
    "Life's a journey not a destination."
    FC: 3368-2140-0560
    PSN: Grimmjow316
    ·
  • VeseriusVeserius Hold Down Back Joined: Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭✭✭
    S> blanka lessons to Alex T. Myers, BJ, and that cammy.
    ·
  • ilitiritilitirit Joined: Posts: 5,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anybody is watching ozhadou ? some awesome Juri right now.
    SSF4 AE v. 2012 - 2013 Tier List: http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/6905/a2oo.jpg

·
  • OilforthewinOilforthewin BETTER RED THAN DEAD. Joined: Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    ChrisG plays now in team tourney against a Gouken(who is it?).
    Edit:Holy shit ChrisG got perfected.
    Post edited by Oilforthewin on
    "LAST WEEK ON MONDAY NIGHT NITRO, EVERYBODY SEE THE MOST HORRIFIC INJURY IN THE HISTORY OF DIS SPORTS, AND I GOT LISTEN TO YOU TWO IDIOTS SAYIN IT'S A FREAK ACCIDENT! WELL WHAT HAPPEN IS SID VICIOUS RAN INTO THE FREAK. SEE SID VICIOUS CAME OFF THE TOP ROPE, HE HIT DA MASSIVE CHEST OF THE GENETIC FREAK, AND HE FELT DA POWER, AND DAT POWER, SENT HIS LEG DOWN TO THE MAT, SHATTERED HIS LEG, AND HIS DREAMS, OF EVER BECOMIN' WORLD CHAMPYEN AGAIN! SO SID VICIOUS, I'M SEND YOU A PRESENT! I'M SEND YOU THESE TWO PRO- JABRONIES TO LAY NEXT TO YOU IN Y'ALL CAN TALK ABOUT THE SAME THING! YA CAN TALK ABOUT ME, DA MAN WHO SENT CHOO THERE! BUT SID VICIOUS, I DON'T FEEL SORRY FOR YOU, BECAUSE I GAVE YOU FAIR WARNING, TO WALK AWAY! JUST LIKE I WARNED STING, JUST LIKE I WARNED BOOKER T, AND NOW, KEVIN NASH, I'M WARNIN' YOU, BEFORE YOU SSS- DECIDE TO SHOW UP AT SUPERBRAWL, YOU THINK ABOUT DIS! I'M BIG POPPA PUMP, I DON'T FRAKE IT, I BREAK IT!"
    ·
  • ThatJollyOlBastidThatJollyOlBastid Non-stop Climax! Joined: Posts: 19,657 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chins Cody looks so clean
    "Seth is like McDonald's. You can learn to make the same burger in 2 days as the person who's worked there for 5 years" ~ Dogura
    ·
    edited February 2013
    Winter Brawl 7 commentator:" Evil Ryu´s low forward isn´t good as regular Ryu´s...."
    Meanwhile: Evil Ryu confirms a lot of low forwards into fireball against Gief.
    Result: Evil Ryu still lost. Gief vortex was too strong.

Edit: Oh god, i just realized it was Skisonic, who said it. His voice was way more annoying in the past.
    Edit 2: Skisonic gets annoying again.
    Edit 3: Gridman vs Playing to Win. Sim took the first round.

And Playing to Win indeed defeats Gridman´s viper, nice.
    Edit 4:Worst commentators you can get.
    Edit 5: Ricky Ortiz lost the first round against a Honda. Ricky still wins in the end.
    Edit 6: Zeus(Vega) vs SnakeEyez(Gief) was a great match

Edit 7: I quit, Skisonic hopefully b... in h....
    "LAST WEEK ON MONDAY NIGHT NITRO, EVERYBODY SEE THE MOST HORRIFIC INJURY IN THE HISTORY OF DIS SPORTS, AND I GOT LISTEN TO YOU TWO IDIOTS SAYIN IT'S A FREAK ACCIDENT! WELL WHAT HAPPEN IS SID VICIOUS RAN INTO THE FREAK. SEE SID VICIOUS CAME OFF THE TOP ROPE, HE HIT DA MASSIVE CHEST OF THE GENETIC FREAK, AND HE FELT DA POWER, AND DAT POWER, SENT HIS LEG DOWN TO THE MAT, SHATTERED HIS LEG, AND HIS DREAMS, OF EVER BECOMIN' WORLD CHAMPYEN AGAIN! SO SID VICIOUS, I'M SEND YOU A PRESENT! I'M SEND YOU THESE TWO PRO- JABRONIES TO LAY NEXT TO YOU IN Y'ALL CAN TALK ABOUT THE SAME THING! YA CAN TALK ABOUT ME, DA MAN WHO SENT CHOO THERE! BUT SID VICIOUS, I DON'T FEEL SORRY FOR YOU, BECAUSE I GAVE YOU FAIR WARNING, TO WALK AWAY! JUST LIKE I WARNED STING, JUST LIKE I WARNED BOOKER T, AND NOW, KEVIN NASH, I'M WARNIN' YOU, BEFORE YOU SSS- DECIDE TO SHOW UP AT SUPERBRAWL, YOU THINK ABOUT DIS! I'M BIG POPPA PUMP, I DON'T FRAKE IT, I BREAK IT!"
    ·
    edited February 2013
    I really like that Rico Suave is back. With Juicebox kinda retired, Abel is almost non existent  :(

Anyway, WB7 should start soon...

Also, Genkibot won Ozhadou, great job, man. First time I see a Juri winning a tourney.
    Post edited by Emanuelb on

·
    Poongko playing Oni(seems so):
    http://www.eventhubs.com/streams/207/
    Is it allowed to link to eventhubs?
    ·
    Alright, WGC started  :). teams for now

·
    LordDvd!! nice play  :)

·
    edited March 2013
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xxknhu_wgc-main-stage-en_videogames
    They have now the nation tournament for AE2012:
    UK vs Norway, that FWord(His Ibuki needs moar tech and less combo dropping) lost against a Rufus player, but Ryan Hart is now there.
    Edit: Nice counterpick against Sagat: Zangief.
    Edit 2: Cuongstar plays against a Hawk from Belgium and the Honda player lost.
    These european players need to step up their game, they eat to much random ultras against Blanka, ELF(well) or don´t know, how to defend against those. Or Dictator´s hit too many random slides.
    ·
    What ? Cuongster lost against a Hawk ? man.

·
    edited March 2013
    Cuongster wasn´t far away from winning, but he played a bit too close against the Hawk player with the name Phoenix, but Gagapa defeated the rest of Belgium easily, but nearly lost against an ELF.
    Japan plays now, but don´t know these japanese players.
    ·
    yeah, Phenix is actually a great Hawk. finished 4th at SF 25th ann tourney.

i've never heard of kamichan, but his Rose is legit.

·
  • chubbyfingerzchubbyfingerz Kore ga Saikyo-ryu da! Joined: Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭
    This DailyMotion is the worst stream ever, it is almost unwatchably laggy. Seriously.
    PSN: SaikyoForever

Test yourself against Saikyo!

·
    edited March 2013
    This DailyMotion is the worst stream ever, it is almost unwatchably laggy. Seriously.
    True, the stream chat is also very retarded.
    Cuongster nearly defeated Tokido, but was very angry(salty) about his defeat and did the Gootecks.
    ·
    Gagapa = Best Bipson

·
    guys, is the stream working ? cause for me is down.
    :(

·
    edited March 2013
    Emanuelb said:
    guys, is the stream working ? cause for me is down.
    :(
    Stream worked perfectly for me. Gagapa beat Japan and then they switched off the stream. It was over by the time you made your post.

Edit: Oh wait it wasn't the finals yet. The Rest of the World team beat the UK team and now it's France vs ROTW team in the finals.
    Post edited by Julpero on

·
  • KomatikKomatik Card demon Joined: Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe the video is laggy because you're from America? Dailymotion is a French site, so they may be lacking in American infrastructure. I had unbearable lag issues with Twitch until they set up more servers in Europe.
    Steam:Coffeeling | Fightcade: Coffeeling-FIN
    KOF13: Iori/Karate/Kim/Benimaru | 2k2UM: K'/Kasumi/Nameless | UNIEL: Gordeau | GG: Faust | 3S: Chun
    Resource pack for learning fighting games and/or starting KOF13
    ·
    5 pm – 8 pm: Super Street Fighter IV AE – Top 8 – single(GMT+1).
    This is the schedule for AE2012.
    ·
    edited March 2013
    Komatik said:
    Maybe the video is laggy because you're from America? Dailymotion is a French site, so they may be lacking in American infrastructure. I had unbearable lag issues with Twitch until they set up more servers in Europe.

The stream worked fine untill GFs - then it went down before France vs World team (disconect something...)

Edit: boy, now I realize they didn't show the grand finals last night, they saved it for today. I was desperate that the stream went down just before grand final, but they actually ended the streaming for that day   :P

·
    edited March 2013
    Here plays Gamerbee now vs Itazan:
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xxknhu_wgc-main-stage-en_videogames?start=1#.UTNrC1d35Yp

Here FWord vs Alioune(Derp vs Derp):
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xxko6w_wgc-ring-stage-fr_videogames#.UTN5bld35Yo

Update: Both Derps and Itazan are out. Louffy eliminated Alioune.
    ·
    edited March 2013
    Magoooo. wow!!!. But stream quality sucks. And matches are on both streams...come on, the best European toruney deserves better..

·
    edited March 2013
    Good shit, Word Game Cup. Main stream on regular Arcade Edition. Apparently it was due to the xbox being reset.
    Post edited by Julpero on

·
    edited March 2013
    In other words, Mago won with AE Fei and not with AE2012 Fei against Poongko? Damn i thought those guys in the stream chat were joking the whole time.
    Lol Gamerbee with a double P against Gagapa. OK Gagapa won one round, but .......
    Edit: Poor Ryan Hart, loses always against a Rose.
    ·
    No they said the xbox was reset after that match but I'm not sure.

·
    Julpero said:
    Good shit, Word Game Cup. Main stream on regular Arcade Edition. Apparently it was due to the xbox being reset.

What ? ? :))  Ok.

So, Tokido-Mago in winners. Losers ?? Anyway, the matches are awesome, but the organization is terrible. Europe deserves better.

·
  • CosmicSpiralCosmicSpiral Joined: Posts: 962 ✭✭✭✭
    Poongko milking that Tandem Engine for all it's worth. 
    Main teams: Magneto/Dormammu/Dante

Experimental teams: Magneto/Strange/Dante, Morrigan/Hsien-Ko/Doom
    ·
    Wow Poongko is now CafeID,  after he raged at CafeID´s public area and was thrown out of it. Doesn´t matter, Poongko looks bad vs Gamerbee.
    ·
    Let's go, Magooo!!!

·
  • ThatJollyOlBastidThatJollyOlBastid Non-stop Climax! Joined: Posts: 19,657 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow Poongko is now CafeID,  after he raged at CafeID´s public area and was thrown out of it. Doesn´t matter, Poongko looks bad vs Gamerbee.
    Whats the story on this?

And damn Poongko with the choke
    "Seth is like McDonald's. You can learn to make the same burger in 2 days as the person who's worked there for 5 years" ~ Dogura
    ·
    Let's go Gamerbee!

·
    Whats the story on this?

And damn Poongko with the choke
    Nothing special, just look at the top comments of this video:

·
    ^Seeing that live was interesting to say the least. There was like 3 games left in a first to hundred set and they switched the xbox off.

Also Gamerbee 2-0 against Mago. Nice.

·
    Gamerbee is getting destroyed by these frame trap setups, goddamn. 

·
    Wow, Tokido murders everyone !!!

·
    Man Alioune has been off this whole tournament.

·
    ·
  • m2thebradym2thebrady Joined: Posts: 577
    Akuma wins again? Answer for the next version of the game? Nerf Cammy.
    Jaime Lannister sends his regards.
    ·
  • The BreakerThe Breaker reading, lol Joined: Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭
    triforce trolling

also seth didn't win the tournament? needs a lot of buffs in 2013
    :-j
    "This game is garbage." Why do you play it?
    "Because the other garbage is cold." So you just like garbage.
    ·
    edited March 2013
    http://www.eventhubs.com/streams/53/
    This is the NorCal Battle Royale with teams.

·
  • chubbyfingerzchubbyfingerz Kore ga Saikyo-ryu da! Joined: Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭
    Vega vs. Hakan?

So much character selection win! I dont even know who to root for
    PSN: SaikyoForever

Test yourself against Saikyo!

·
  • Phillpro1Phillpro1 Joined: Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    DSP streaming SF4: AE matches now lol. This is going to be fun to watch.
    Watch live video from darksydephil on www.twitch.tv
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Philltastic1
    PSN: I_Love_New_York
    MvC3: Zero/Ammy/Phoenix
    Morrigan/Doom/Ammy (bloom)
    ·
    edited March 2013
    http://de.twitch.tv/fgtvlive?utm_campaign=live_embed_click&utm_source=www.eventhubs.com
    I am watching this recently, there is Fchamp, PR Log, LPN, and an impressive Hakan player there.
    Sadly the Hakan player lost very close against FChamp, FChamp had a pop off like an idiot after the match. "Yes, 9-1 baby".
    Fchamp even did a counter pick with Seth against Hakan, but he failed
    ·