USFIV Stream Commentary Thread

Comments

• otoriotori RTSD Joined: Posts: 6,135
    edited November 2015
    Mixed feelings about that win since Keoma is already qualified lol
    I like watching Pain.Ludo a ton too Otori, does he still play? It's a shame that Fabinho sucks, I've seen a couple other Giefs but god damn they just do shit and don't understand either neutral or do the good mixups. They rely a ton on matchup inexperience and online gimmicks.

Ohhh feels good you know these players lol. I haven't heard from Ludo for over a year now, I don't recall him being in a tournament since 2013 so I'm pretty sure he stopped playing. Fabinho was actually my first tournament elimination with the j.hp, spd "combo" lol. Never got my runback.

And I wholeheartedly agree with what you said. The problem with underdeveloped communities is that people get away with scrub tactics...online here is Elena, Rolento, Hugo and Gief for the most part. If you watched the Capcom event here it was the same thing. Even big names like Bruno and Breno are not comparable to Keoma and Haztlan.
  • TheFreshPrinceTheFreshPrince Sold so many chickens think I work for Kroger Joined: Posts: 3,725
    So there's like 70% chance of Europe getting a premier spot. America is dumb for never traveling to the events with the lesser/already qualified competition.
    You just can't handle the fresh prince.

R.I.P. Uncle Phil.
  • ShineboxShinebox Joined: Posts: 2,689
    So there's like 70% chance of Europe getting a premier spot. America is dumb for never traveling to the events with the lesser/already qualified competition.

Europe didn't travel either. It's not that they are dumb, it's just not feasible for some. PR Balrog and Justin Wong traveled, they have a 9-5. Snakeeyez traveled and leveled up more. KBrad traveled a ton etc

But I do agree that PR Balrog had better chances here than he did at CPTA
  • NaerasNaeras Terribad Joined: Posts: 3,312
    EVO champion comebacks.
    Luffy pls, that was too much clutch.
  • RouninRounin Joined: Posts: 164
    Keoma vs Luffy was such a sick match.
    Hugo's super looks on Dudley's U1 level of speed
  • Doctrine DarkDoctrine Dark Giving your waifu the pipeu Joined: Posts: 6,784
    Elena killing the hype as usual. Stupid ass character.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.
    PSN: SP_Wesker215/XBL: SP Wesker215
    Super Street Fighter Plot Guide II
    Street Fighter V: Cammy Marvel: Jill/Dante/Magneto
    Guilty Gear Revelator: Venom King of Fighters XIV: Hein/Mature/Kyo
  • ArtVandelayArtVandelay Architect Joined: Posts: 5,339
    I don't get it though. Everyone going on about how E.Ryu is S tier, yet nobody who has a pocket E.Ryu does amazingly well with it, but everybody who has a pocket Elena bodies people with her.
    Is she easier to learn than E.Ryu?
    CFN: NaughtySenpai
    She's a better pocket character.
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Get some shill in yo system Joined: Posts: 55,352 mod
    edited November 2015
    She just seems more flowchart and easier to grasp a basic gameplan for. Throw a lot of lights around that can hit low and have the range of most other characters' mediums and go into full combos. I've seen Elena players that literally don't press anything other than light normals the majority of the match. Sad times. It makes Vanilla Balrog look fun.

Still need shoto fundamentals to play E.Ryu which arguably take longer to learn and don't have a health gimmick that doesn't require any real theory or practice.

Also @ArtVandelay there are top tiers that are just too difficult execution/theory wise to pocket. Zato One/Eddie in Guilty Gear is a pretty popular one. There is no pocketing that character. You either put your heart and soul into him or GTFO. You can't just run and pocket his negative edge execution and basically what is controlling 2 characters at once. MVC3 Viper is similar too. You don't just throw her out there. You have to live with her.

I don't think E.Ryu is that rough to use, but his difficulty is just at the point where pocketing him will get you blown up more than actually winning.

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

• TheFreshPrinceTheFreshPrince Sold so many chickens think I work for Kroger Joined: Posts: 3,725
    Dakou qualifies.

R.I.P. Uncle Phil.
    edited November 2015
    The Norwegian salt is currently real.

Logan and F-word are both so fucking mad right now.
  • RouninRounin Joined: Posts: 164
    I love how the commentators are so pissed off.
    Elena brings the salt out of everyone.

I'm glad dakou gets the spot, at least his characters are more exciting to watch than Bison.

R.I.P. Uncle Phil.
    edited November 2015
    It's like they found a way to create a character that has most of the things I can't stand about SFIV in one character. Would be funny to have her win Capcom Cup just for the hilarity. I'm just here to watch because this is pretty much the road to SFV at this point, but man.
    I'm glad dakou gets the spot, at least his characters are more exciting to watch than Bison.

Bison was fun to watch back during the days when he did things other than hit c.LP or c.LK into scissors for 10 percent damage or awful chip.

Ain't nothin, Capcom's ruthless still producin.  Cut em a check or find yoself toothless.  Keep it shill with no confusin.  Niggas say I'm shill...they ain't hard I can prove it YEEEAH

I think my favorite EVO finals of all time was Daigo vs Justin playing Rog. Then again it was my first time watching EVO and getting to know fighting games at such a high level so that's probably what made it so impactful. Worst one was by far Ricky vs Daigo.
  • NecrotrophicNecrotrophic Isn't a communist. Joined: Posts: 5,871
    I don't get it though. Everyone going on about how E.Ryu is S tier, yet nobody who has a pocket E.Ryu does amazingly well with it, but everybody who has a pocket Elena bodies people with her.
    Is she easier to learn than E.Ryu?

Evil Ryu is way harder to pick up than Elena. Elena might be the easiest character to use.

E. Ryu is def s tier but that doesnt mean hes easy, it just means hes that strong. Evil isn't for everyone, unless you have great zoning, footsies and execution, he wont work out imo
    Northeast PA
    570 Necro
  • MachoRhombusMachoRhombus Joined: Posts: 2,864
    otori wrote: »
    I think my favorite EVO finals of all time was Daigo vs Justin playing Rog. Then again it was my first time watching EVO and getting to know fighting games at such a high level so that's probably what made it so impactful. Worst one was by far Ricky vs Daigo.

Dat final round Ricky reset/Daigo wins Ustream death.

I'd agree but Latif vs Fuudo did happen.

CFN ID - PenguinShivers

MJ|Shivers.
    IIRC 3 of the last topanga show tournaments were Elena finals
  • jebopjebop Joined: Posts: 6,890
    Yeah well next week you're gonna see a whole lot of her. I still dunno why people don't have an Elena counterpick. People still complaining about Yun and Cammy, how about you learn them?
    Making man children cry on this forum is way too easy.
    Who counters Elena, though? I genuinely don't know.
    Elena, Ken, and Yun are the only characters I have trouble thinking of someone who just straight hard-counters their shit. 5.5-4.5/6-4 are the highest I could go when thinking of the few characters who beat them.

R.I.P. Uncle Phil.
    edited November 2015
    Ono said he made AE imbalanced to unite people against Yun and Yang. The dream has now come true in Elena.
    Naeras wrote: »

According to Infiltration and IMO Momochi, Guy.
  • ShineboxShinebox Joined: Posts: 2,689

Hard counter? Seth
    Of course the counter picks are all the weird ass neutral characters that nobody can just pocket and do well with.

• PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU When's Dragon Ball? Joined: Posts: 9,984

People seem to pick Seth to counter her. Fuudo did against Xian, for example
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
    I heard Sagat counters Elena.
    Sagat? That's weird.

edited November 2015
    Not really a counter, just a harder to deal with matchup since I don't think she can slide under low tigers, and since her jump is floaty she has to rely on focus dashing and hitting him out of startup. He can juggle EX TU into U1 easier than most characters (more damage and less meter than TU FADC U1) and can punish full screen healing (no knockdown) with either EX TS into U2 or just raw U2.

However, he still has to deal with her retarded hurtbox (TK is harder to safely space, which means focus is better against him than most characters), and she still has way better damage, normals, mixups, and mobility. She can also absorb TS for free Ultra all day and safely heal full screen if the Sagat picks U1 or has no meter. Her own U1 can be picked to counter mid-range TS and deal good damage from common situations (HK Lynx FADC U1 or EX Lynx into U1 no FADC necessary). She may also be able to st.mk xx cr.HP TC into U1 for no meter, but I'm not sure if it works on him or not.

Overall I would give slight advantage to Sagat, but some Elena players may consider it a counter since its one of her few disadvantaged matchups.

R.I.P. Uncle Phil.
    Oh noooo the dreaded 4.5

• NecrotrophicNecrotrophic Isn't a communist. Joined: Posts: 5,871

chun if you have ultra 1

Northeast PA
    570 Necro

chun if you have ultra 1

True, I forgot about that since she gives her the same problems as Sagat, except it's more with her normals and mobility rather than pure projectiles. Chun also has the ability to do real damage in common situations, and since she has better normals she's able to get meter for said combos faster. Is her backdash good against Elena's mixups? I know Sagat basically has to guess correctly or risk a TU, which is one of the reasons why I don't think he beats her that bad.

R.I.P. Uncle Phil.
  • jebopjebop Joined: Posts: 6,890
    Cammy, Yun, Seth, Guy all do well and what Will Smith said.

I've been told Chun does also.
    Making man children cry on this forum is way too easy.
  • Grimmjow316Grimmjow316 Huracán Salvadoreño Joined: Posts: 7,450
    Bracket is out.
    01_capcomcupbracks01.png
    "Life's a journey not a destination."
    FC: 3368-2140-0560
    PSN: Grimmjow316
  • bypostmanbypostman Joined: Posts: 2,207
    Sagat just forces Elena to actually try to counter a zoning game without just random slide.
  • Mr.PaVy-RDMr.PaVy-RD Joined: Posts: 3,578
    goddamn does brackets are killer
    I block better in Marvel than i do in Streetfighter :(

3s-Yang/Urien/Dudley
    Ae2012-Yun/Yang/Seth/Ryu/Cody/Dudley
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
    Uh, is there no losers bracket for CapCup 2015 or am I just blind?
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:

Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
  • Grimmjow316Grimmjow316 Huracán Salvadoreño Joined: Posts: 7,450

Yes there is a losers bracket.
    "Life's a journey not a destination."
    FC: 3368-2140-0560
    PSN: Grimmjow316

It's just not listed in the challonge bracket, because there are only 32 players and everyone starts in winners. During the tourney it will be updated to show who won/lost.

R.I.P. Uncle Phil.
  • mapleleafs791mapleleafs791 Joined: Posts: 866
    edited December 2015
    Pre capcom cup strem going on full of killers:

http://www.blockstring.com/ 
    XBL GT: Chilaisho
    SSF4 AE 2012: Cody, Evil Ryu, Yun
    SFxT: Law x Kazuya
    UMvC3: Magneto, Dormammu, Doom 
    Smash Bros Melee: Marth, Shiek
    Heroes of the Storm, Hearthstone:
    SpoR | 1589
    My Personal SF4 Dropbox Folder of tipshttps://www.dropbox.com/sh/irhsi8omjpubcss/AAA7GYqwfB1cEFwDuixkLrgUa?dl=0 

• ArtVandelayArtVandelay Architect Joined: Posts: 5,339
    Anyone knows if NEC has Japanese players on deck?
    CFN: NaughtySenpai
  • javertjavert 'sup Joined: Posts: 1,170
    edited December 2015
    Just catched the top8. Dhalsim gets stuffed and KO by jumping HK, Smug taunts into overhead, Arturo gets on tilt, then two quick and near perfect rounds. That just made my day.

Update: the salt is making up for the lack of big games.
    Post edited by javert on
    Smug DESTROYED Fillipinoman. It felt so good watching that
    SRK's Story Thread Crew: