USFIV Stream Commentary Thread

Comments

• TheFreshPrinceTheFreshPrince Sold so many chickens think I work for Kroger Joined: Posts: 3,725
    Holy shit 2 Abel's, Makoto, and a Rufus? Mexico? (I'm assuming) must fucking hate Dhalsim.
    You just can't handle the fresh prince.

R.I.P. Uncle Phil.
  • NooctaNoocta Didja see that ? Joined: Posts: 2,418
    I hope TLC Master does well.
    Last time a big tournament happened there, he should have won it all against Chris G but he missed the combo that would have killed because of a stupid side switch issue after Fukiage anti air.
    Makoto / Yun / Viper
  • MachoRhombusMachoRhombus Joined: Posts: 2,914
    Holy shit 2 Abel's, Makoto, and a Rufus? Mexico? (I'm assuming) must fucking hate Dhalsim.

One of our old top players used to play Dhalsim too, he's still good but he lives in bumfuck nowhere so he can almost never come out to play. We all agreed he's better than FChamp.
    Noocta wrote: »
    I hope TLC Master does well.
    Last time a big tournament happened there, he should have won it all against Chris G but he missed the combo that would have killed because of a stupid side switch issue after Fukiage anti air.

Yeah, we all remember that. Bad times.

Also Ricky came to Mexico last week and a month after that tournament you're talking about, Snake Eyez, Justin Wong, Ricky Ortiz and PR Balrog came out to play/destroy us.

Man, watching Gama lose in the first set broke my heart.
    CFN ID - PenguinShivers

MJ|Shivers.
  • DaFeetLeeDaFeetLee WOW Joined: Posts: 1,691

PIE Smug is finally streaming. Show him some love.
    Twitter: @DaFeetLee || Twitch channel || NY FGC
    FG Blog || Youtube
  • javertjavert 'sup Joined: Posts: 1,293
    Early impressions about Topanga:
    • Totally unhype 50 % of the cast is playing shoto archetype, and they seem to be winning. Oh well.
    • Sad to see Sako heading for last place but that was expected: bottom tier shenanigans aren't going to work with players of this caliber.
    • Let's burst the bubble once and for all and put Yun in the mid tier he belongs to. What is going to be excuse that the Yun apologists that don't actually play Yun will argue this time?
  • EternalEternal unpleasable perfectionist Joined: Posts: 12,436
    javert wrote: »
    Early impressions about Topanga:
    • Totally unhype 50 % of the cast is playing shoto archetype, and they seem to be winning. Oh well.
    • Sad to see Sako heading for last place but that was expected: bottom tier shenanigans aren't going to work with players of this caliber.
    • Let's burst the bubble once and for all and put Yun in the mid tier he belongs to. What is going to be excuse that the Yun apologists that don't actually play Yun will argue this time?

Most Yun players I've talked to think he is top tier but not clearly the best like many claim, but certainly in the top 5-10. I've not met one who legit thinks Yun is mid tier.
    http://ink-gaming.com/ono/doku.php The new home of the Ono Tool official wiki.
  • TeriosTerios Where do you want me to break you first? Joined: Posts: 1,675
    There is no way he's not at least top 5. Who do these Yun's think is better?
    Rashiidoooooooo!
  • OrochiDemonOrochiDemon Joined: Posts: 1,541
    Last year I was pretty rough on Canada Cup for its room being empty and no spectators being there in the chairs they had. I hope tomorrow theres no hiccups in the stream connection and they have a successful event.
  • MASTER OF DA FISTMASTER OF DA FIST Hail The ILLUMINATI!!!!!! Joined: Posts: 1,129
    Streets and Pepeday did their thing last night for teams.
  • ArtVandelayArtVandelay Architect Joined: Posts: 5,604
    edited November 2014
    Man, I enjoy watching Poongko raping the shit out of everybody at Canada Cup.
    Too bad he didn't make it to Capcom Cup.
    Add me for some Tekken 7 if you're from Europe.
    I'm not playing anything else these days:
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/NaughtySenpai/
  • mapleleafs791mapleleafs791 Joined: Posts: 866
    edited November 2014
    that e ryu vs rufus match with mike balrog... like really? #Facepalm
    http://www.blockstring.com/ 
    XBL GT: Chilaisho
    SSF4 AE 2012: Cody, Evil Ryu, Yun
    SFxT: Law x Kazuya
    UMvC3: Magneto, Dormammu, Doom 
    Smash Bros Melee: Marth, Shiek
    Heroes of the Storm, Hearthstone:
    SpoR | 1589
    My Personal SF4 Dropbox Folder of tipshttps://www.dropbox.com/sh/irhsi8omjpubcss/AAA7GYqwfB1cEFwDuixkLrgUa?dl=0 

• MASTER OF DA FISTMASTER OF DA FIST Hail The ILLUMINATI!!!!!! Joined: Posts: 1,129
    The amount of Blanka's in this tourney is quite sickening and they're winning. Canada is a very scary place.
  • VeseriusVeserius Hold Down Back Joined: Posts: 11,515
    Hop ultra op
    Vuh-sair-ee-us or just Ves I guess | Twitter | Youtube  | Maj's Footsie Handbook  | My TMNT:TF Netplay Guide
  • TheFreshPrinceTheFreshPrince Sold so many chickens think I work for Kroger Joined: Posts: 3,725
    Veserius wrote: »
    Hop ultra op

The online special along with Hop upball.

R.I.P. Uncle Phil.
  • otoriotori RTSD Joined: Posts: 6,183
    I swear poongko can't AA if his life dependent on it
  • ShineboxShinebox Joined: Posts: 2,689
    It seems like Kazunoko prepared well for Momochi's Ken but not Michael Tan's
    Is there a new Youtube channel or video hosting site were these have been uploaded, or are we out of luck this time?

R.I.P. Uncle Phil.
    the one i was using got taken down yesterday morning
    Vuh-sair-ee-us or just Ves I guess | Twitter | Youtube  | Maj's Footsie Handbook  | My TMNT:TF Netplay Guide
  • ClxJamesClxJames Still A Beginner... Joined: Posts: 2,548
    Ultra Donate Fighter IV: Big Beard Breakfast Edition is live! -

Currently running an Arcade Mode "King of the Hill". A quarter gets you a turn, winner stays. Person with the longest win streak at end takes home the cash.

I am the current King with a 10 win streak, come check out the stream!
    Not all 09's are created equally - http://www.youtube.com/user/SheltonShenanigans
  • javertjavert 'sup Joined: Posts: 1,293
    Damn, I guess Dudley is officially a member of the Club of Characters With a Bad Poison Matchup. Anyway the top 4 is quire decent and I'm happy no matter which player and character wins.
    Wow!. Only in Canada they get X-rated for street fighter.
  • The BreakerThe Breaker reading, lol Joined: Posts: 1,918
    edited November 2014
    shirtless guy and two of the most hated sf characters

those were some sick games too
    yeee boy time to be the worst i ever was...ONCE MORE!
    15Mbps upload isn't enough for SFV sometimes I guess? Or Comcast hates me. I dunno, sorry if stuff happens.
  • NooctaNoocta Didja see that ? Joined: Posts: 2,418
    That grandfinal was so hype, seriously
    Makoto / Yun / Viper
  • phantasyphantasy Smash Journeyman Joined: Posts: 8,558
    im ded. that finals slayed me
    youtube mvci/sfv/etc. twitter @delbuster
  • EmilEmil Joined: Posts: 4,389
    can't believe what I witnessed
    KoF98UM - EX Yama, Eiji, Orochi Yashiro | KoF2k2 - Kim, Whip, Athena, Choi |
    Kof13 - Saiki, Shen, Vice | P4U2 - Shadow Labrys, Rise | GGXrd - Bedman
    EX Legthrow is the worst designed move that does what it is supposed to do in the game
    So if Eventhubs is to be trusted (which I'm not counting on) Riceata used Honda against Air's poison instead of his main Blanka who is supposedly a clean counterpick. Collusion or does he just not know that Blanka beats Poison?

R.I.P. Uncle Phil.
    He lost to air yesterday, and Riceata kind of does his own thing, as most Blanka players do.
    edited November 2014
    So if Eventhubs is to be trusted (which I'm not counting on) Riceata used Honda against Air's poison instead of his main Blanka who is supposedly a clean counterpick. Collusion or does he just not know that Blanka beats Poison?
    Veserius wrote: »
    He lost to air yesterday, and Riceata kind of does his own thing, as most Blanka players do.

@TheFreshPrince if you watched the stream they discussed it on stream actually. Riceata supposedly lost to Air's poison pretty badly using blanka. They'd discussed earlier than a lot of canada doesn't have good poison knowledge and Air was banking on that. Behrudy said that Riceata was probably hoping that Honda's fjMP would be good to get him in.

It wasn't collusion.
    I see, I had to stop watching the stream shortly before top 8 started so I wasn't sure if there was a reason for the switch. I still think he should've just stuck with Blanka and stopped doing whatever was making him lose the previous day.

R.I.P. Uncle Phil.
  • EmilEmil Joined: Posts: 4,389
    The finals for anyone that missed it

So at 10:53, what happened? Did pepeday mistime/misspace his ultra or does the opponent have one frame upon landing to input some reversal and that ultra just happened to be able to avoid Fuerte's?
    KoF98UM - EX Yama, Eiji, Orochi Yashiro | KoF2k2 - Kim, Whip, Athena, Choi |
    Kof13 - Saiki, Shen, Vice | P4U2 - Shadow Labrys, Rise | GGXrd - Bedman
    Emil wrote: »

So at 10:53, what happened? Did pepeday mistime/misspace his ultra or does the opponent have one frame upon landing to input some reversal and that ultra just happened to be able to avoid Fuerte's?

Elf's ultras are both throws, Seth did an empty jump so he was able to land and immediately do an ultra without any time between for the Elf to hit him grounded.
  • bypostmanbypostman Joined: Posts: 2,207
    If Poongko read that...goddamn.
  • ClxJamesClxJames Still A Beginner... Joined: Posts: 2,548

I'll just leave this here...
    Not all 09's are created equally - http://www.youtube.com/user/SheltonShenanigans
  • otoriotori RTSD Joined: Posts: 6,183
    What the hell did the canadians give to poongko lol
  • LockMLockM Joined: Posts: 2,664
    I went to bed halfway through top8 yesterday, caught up this morning and watched the rest. That grandfinals set was beyond ridiculous.
    GGXrdR2: Jam, Baiken
    T7:  Jin
    SFV: Juri
    USFIV: Yun, Cody, Guy

• OrochiDemonOrochiDemon Joined: Posts: 1,541
    Canada Cup was amazing, There were a few stream hiccups but that doesnt matter. Im really glad they made money this year, and next year they should make more. Ill make sure me and some friends order Master Series to support Lapchi.
  • jebopjebop Joined: Posts: 6,890
    @street11 You beast.
    Making man children cry on this forum is way too easy.