Ultimate Magneto Combo Thread: It's my BnB, I Never Fuck It Up

Comments

• MayhoMayho ATL Joined: Posts: 569
    if you're SJing fast enough, I'd try delaying the addf plink H a bit so that their body is a bit higher before you hit em, that may fix the issue.
  • Din0Din0 Retired Joined: Posts: 4,158
    Dash down as soon as you see their body rise up a bit
    Magneto/Doom/Dante | Magneto/Doom/Phoenix | Magneto/Morrigan/Doom
    PSN: davidyes
  • ThisGuileKillYaThisGuileKillYa SSS++++ tier at exaggeration Joined: Posts: 2,627
    Thanks, ill try both.
    USF4: Still soul searching. Thus far... Yun, Chun, and Akuma.
    UMvC3 mains: Morrigan Doom Vergil, Magneto Doom Ammy, Morrigan Doom Magneto
    UMvC3 fer funsies: Dante Vergil-or-Dorm Magneto, Wesker Sent Hawkeye, Dante-or-Magneto Doom Vergil, Wolvie Doom-or-Sent Akuma, Nova Doom Ammy, Magneto Doom-or-Sent Dante, Wesker Dorm Magneto, Dante Strange Magneto
    MvC3: Dante Magneto Sentinel
    MvC2: Spiral Cable Sentinel ST: Chunny Bunny. 3S: Akuma, Ryu, Dudley. Vampire: Fish, BBHood
    UMK3: Kabal, H.Smoke, Jax, almost everyone. Chess: 1. c4
  • Aleri_XVAleri_XV Chin up, Eyes Straight Joined: Posts: 1,332
    Thanks, ill try both.
    Just two weeks ago I had NO IDEA how to do the grav loop after playing magnus since VANILLA (fail) I kept straying away from it because I found it too difficult, Now I can do any of the three versions without looking lol.

The MOST important things I found while learning the combo are
    1.you can start the super jump a lot earlier than you think, do the SJ right before the hyper grav is about to release ( I look for visual cues for combos, I used to use Audio ones but sometimes at majors listening for combos just isnt gonna happen) then you actually have a lot longer to float up than you think, because if your coming down properly with your H it will bring them up.

2.you HAVEEEEEEE to plink dash that muthafuckin H, THE most important thing without a doubt, you should practice it with regular jump range and try tri dashing forward with it, if your doing it right then you should just hear HEW HEW HEW as you do it but not see the H come out, thats how I did anyway. :) Good Luck!
    I Grow Weary of These Encounters
    -KTB- Aleri
    CFN ID: TXTH-Aleri
  • bloodabeastbloodabeast Da Best Protoss Joined: Posts: 2,916
    there's actually more than 3 grav loops. :)
    @fchampryan
    I have so much game knowledge but nothing counters morrigan... Wtf do we all do?
    UMVC3: Magneto into touch of death.
  • leafcolonelleafcolonel Apprentice of Magnetism Joined: Posts: 1,913
    there's actually more than 3 grav loops. :)

I actually want to see a player swag on stream while using every single variation of the hypergrav loop:

Sjuf add/sjuf addb/ sjub addf/ sj add/ sjuf addf. All while doing the million variations, jH stH, jM jH stH, jS stH, jM stH, Magnetic Blast stH, jH jH stH. It's a damn stylish way to actually style on someone. I want to know how many variations of the Hypergrav loop are actually are there.
    Is anyone going to ReveLAtions?
  • luis_fernandoluis_fernando Joined: Posts: 469
    I actually want to see a player swag on stream while using every single variation of the hypergrav loop:

Sjuf add/sjuf addb/ sjub addf/ sj add/ sjuf addf. All while doing the million variations, jH stH, jM jH stH, jS stH, jM stH, Magnetic Blast stH, jH jH stH. It's a damn stylish way to actually style on someone. I want to know how many variations of the Hypergrav loop are actually are there.
    sj ub, ADF j. M xx blast st. H ;) the swaggiest of them all imo
    master of waterloo marvel ;) I am now SenorTeemo bitches
  • Ika Zuchi No KamiIka Zuchi No Kami dat Dun Dun Joined: Posts: 1,246
    midscreen hgrav > all
    :u
  • Kanta-KunKanta-Kun Magnudisto... BLAAAAAAAST Joined: Posts: 5,545
    I had a combo that implemented like.. 5/6 variations of the HG loop. I should record that.
    "I think the game should punch you in the face every time you pick Nova." -ShadyK
  • Dont JumpDont Jump MVC3 was end of good FG's Joined: Posts: 1,491
    Hello Magnetos. I just started learning him and by god is he fun. I like knowing that i can style on my opponent and mix up the combos i do and still get amazing damage anywhere, anytime. lol.

I'm beginning to get the hang of the magnetic blast loops and i already know his fly loop stuff mostly but I am having trouble with his basic air dash loop.

This one: S-H-ADDF H-NJ H-ADF MH (repeat)

I'm sure I can figure out the ending but this is giving me trouble. I start off with MH-ADDF H because although it does scale more it makes it easier for me to connect the ADDF H to NJ H. My problem with this is Air Dashing forward and then making sure they are high enough again to do another NJ H.

Tips or noob help here would be nice. Oh yeah, I'm not going to come back in here and ask about the Hyper Grav loops. I loved the tutorial and it explains it perfectly. No need. LOL.
  • Ika Zuchi No KamiIka Zuchi No Kami dat Dun Dun Joined: Posts: 1,246
    I had a combo that implemented like.. 5/6 variations of the HG loop. I should record that.

hurry up so I can steal that shit.;)
    :u
  • ThisGuileKillYaThisGuileKillYa SSS++++ tier at exaggeration Joined: Posts: 2,627
    Ive been practicing my normal jump height air to air confirms, several different variations, none of which are new or anything. But what Im finding is when I start a combo that way, then land and launch and go for my hour-1 H-dash-H-dash-H fly loop, the jL after the fly cancel no longer seems to be able to hit (due to HSD, or at least that's how it appears). As that is my go-to Mag bnb, is there some way to mitigate this? Ive tried delaying the initial air-to-air sequence to let them drop some before I land but w/ no luck. Or do I just have to find myself a new BNB for air-to-air confirms?

Also, Ive been messing w/ several air-to-air confirm sequences, like jH adf jMH, and jump adf HS, and jH adf jH xx L blast. All of them work well, I'm just wondering if there is any reason to use one over the others? Or is it purely a matter of preference? (Note, I really suck w/ Mag combo variants that involve addf, so unless there's a really good reason, I'd prefer to stick to adf stuff)
    UMvC3 fer funsies: Dante Vergil-or-Dorm Magneto, Wesker Sent Hawkeye, Dante-or-Magneto Doom Vergil, Wolvie Doom-or-Sent Akuma, Nova Doom Ammy, Magneto Doom-or-Sent Dante, Wesker Dorm Magneto, Dante Strange Magneto
    MvC2: Spiral Cable Sentinel ST: Chunny Bunny. 3S: Akuma, Ryu, Dudley. Vampire: Fish, BBHood
    addf so important :(
    -KTB- Aleri
    jH adf jM xxfly doesnt work off of an air to air confirm.

You should get used to addf with Magneto, or else you might as well play Zero without Buster lol.
  • MayhoMayho ATL Joined: Posts: 569
    jH adf jH xxfly jL works off pretty much every hitconfirm, whether it be air to air or a string of stL antiairs.
    jH adf jM xxfly doesnt work off of an air to air confirm.

You should get used to addf with Magneto, or else you might as well play Zero without Buster lol.
    I mean after the air confirm, once I've landed and launched. Or are you saying after air to air and landing, continuing into launch into air loop is no longer doable?

Also as for addf, I'm just talking about during a combo, not overall. The H dash H loop doesn't require any addf. If I need a new bnb post air confirm and it requires an addf that's fine. Though if I'm no longer able to do my normal ground bnb upon landing from the air confirm, any reccomendations for after air to air jH adf jMH, land... that can transition to grav loop? Doesn't need to be anything fancy.
    Yeah you need to alter your positioning so you can connect a jH adf jH ala hitting them at the bottom of their hitbox and delaying your super jump cancel from the launcher.
    addf so important :(

^This.

I've been playing mags for less than two days and I already know his ADDF set ups are key to any of his loops.

Yeah, help with his Air Dash loop would be pretty cool. Not trying to be a douche, just looking for some pointers.

Videos or links are cool too. lol
    which air dash loop are you talking about?
    @fchampryan
    I have so much game knowledge but nothing counters morrigan... Wtf do we all do?
  • maziodynemaziodyne Demi-Fiend Joined: Posts: 7,748
    What fullscreen corner carry should I be learning? j.M xx fly is inconsistent, and ...j.H adf j.H xx L Blast, land, cr.H, S into fly combo only works if I'm exactly midscreen, otherwise they drop out of the j.H into fly.
    Here's my BnB that works out of any grounded confirm and carries almost coast to coast.

j.L > cr.lmhs > j.H addf j.H (land) j.H xx dash Magblast (land) dash S > j.H addf j.H (land) jf. MH Magblast > ender.

You can fit 1 hypergrav there at the end, or do your ender of choice.
    If I started from a cr.L I take out one of the
    j.H xx addf j.H
    for a
    j.H xx dash j. H xx Magblast

I only do 4 blast combos if I started from cr.H, j.S or if I started the combo in the corner.

Or you can just use the side switches and forget all about full screen carries. The side switch i use is

S > j.LH xx addf Magblast (land) Dash under S
    "I think the game should punch you in the face every time you pick Nova." -ShadyK
  • maziodynemaziodyne Demi-Fiend Joined: Posts: 7,748
    Thanks, gonna head back to the lab tomorrow morning. My movement is getting a lot better, but I need to practice dash + Magblasts.
    I never said I wouldn't addf, just that my ground bnb never required it. But after an air confirmed jH adf jMH, land launch, since I can't go into my normal fly loop, just wondering what you guys recommend off of that confirm. Even if it involves an addf, that's fine :) thanks!
    Its all about the Fanatiq hit confirm.

J.H J.S Kara addf j.L Launch!!! so sexy, thats my confirm, or try and start the low rom

-KTB- Aleri
  • Mr.PaVy-RDMr.PaVy-RD Joined: Posts: 3,713
    i still wonder why nobody shows a videos of their hands doing the Rom and other mags combos.Im trying to learn mags and i think this could help others
    I block better in Marvel than i do in Streetfighter :(

3s-Yang/Urien/Dudley
    Ae2012-Yun/Yang/Seth/Ryu/Cody/Dudley
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
  • BMsirhc1313BMsirhc1313 I'm 0ld Joined: Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    i still wonder why nobody shows a videos of their hands doing the Rom and other mags combos.Im trying to learn mags and i think this could help others

For Rom, Anima already did..think it might even be on the first page

Helped me learn Rom. The other combos are just timing..dont really need a video IMO.
  • Mr.PaVy-RDMr.PaVy-RD Joined: Posts: 3,713
    damn this is hard to get down lol thanks for the link though
    I block better in Marvel than i do in Streetfighter :(

3s-Yang/Urien/Dudley
    Ae2012-Yun/Yang/Seth/Ryu/Cody/Dudley
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
  • BreakerOfHelmsBreakerOfHelms Joined: Posts: 40
    Thanks to this thread I'm finally making progress on the hyper grav loop (aka I'm finally getting the grav after the st h to hit sometimes)
    which air dash loop are you talking about?

First combo to ender without doom stuff ansd dhc stuff.

!
  • FruitsationsFruitsations Joined: Posts: 84
    New to mags! probably a question that comes up alot but hope for an answer anyways :D
    In the first week air dash loop after the beginning (j.H ADDF j.h) this is where im confused. I are we landing then jumping? or does the j.h come out while in the air after the ADDF? because i cant get it to come out if so

EDIT: NVM haha nothing a good hour and a half in training mode will solve, for any new people like myself who are having trouble with this, you have to delay the j.H to where theyre almost about to fall back down, the ADDF should like you're falling with them
    The other day I was talking about air-to-air confirms and stuff, but I dont think I got an "official recommendation." So in the situation where, say, drones are hitting them at normal jump height, or they've normal jumped to avoid a mixup or something, what do ya'll recommend to meet them in the air with that converts to full combo on hit?

The ones Ive been using work, but the adf variants (like jH adf jMH, land) all risk flying past them, unless you just have to delay the dash or the jMH or something, which I can work on. But what are the easiest/most practical ways to convert in this situation? (relative ease, I mean. im sure all of them have a degree of trickiness. But we wouldn't be playing Mag if that was a problem). Your opponent jumped and is now getting popped by drones.. BAM BAM BAM. Now what?

Somehow Id been playing Marvel without going for air-to-air confirms and now feel like a fool for this lol There's a gold-mine of damage when you know they're going to jump, now I'm just trying to learn how my characters can go and get it! Thanks!
    j.MH xx L magblast
    j.HS xx addf J.L > st.L
    j.HS xx addf j.H
    j.LS xx addf j.L
    j.LS xx addf j.H
    sj.M xx addf j.H

It's really just freestyling, tbh :p just keep in mind that after an air-to-air confirm, the following combo has added HSD.
    j.MH xx L magblast
    j.HS xx addf J.L > st.L
    j.HS xx addf j.H
    j.LS xx addf j.L
    j.LS xx addf j.H
    sj.M xx addf j.H

It's really just freestyling, tbh :p just keep in mind that after an air-to-air confirm, the following combo has added HSD.
    Thanks, though for the addf ones, any tips on the timing? When I try them, more than half. The time he seems to land before I can fit a normal in on the way down. Is there a delay somewhere? Sorry to be so noobish, but like I said, I hadn't been using this shit (when is admittedly noobish :) ). And if I did the jMH xx L blast one, I can still combowhen I land despite not having dashed?

And lastly, my normal bnb no longer works due to the hsd you mentioned.. any relatively easy combo you recommend upon landing from one of. These air confirms? Damage doesn't have to be huge, lookin for relative ease, and ideally ability to get into a grav. Thanks!
  • Jesse3Jesse3 Joined: Posts: 69
    Does anyone know the BnB Fchamp does?

I was also wondering how much damage it does too.
  • MollyFighterMollyFighter Barkley Fightan Dev Joined: Posts: 630
    New to Mags just a quick question. During the HGrav Loop, I SJ ADDF H but nothing comes out just him making the sound of the animation. Am I plinking it just right or am I doing it wrong?
    New to Mags just a quick question. During the HGrav Loop, I SJ ADDF H but nothing comes out just him making the sound of the animation. Am I plinking it just right or am I doing it wrong?

If you would go back just ONE page Myself and a couple of other people have given pointers on the HGL

Just two weeks ago I had NO IDEA how to do the grav loop after playing magnus since VANILLA (fail) I kept straying away from it because I found it too difficult, Now I can do any of the three versions without looking lol.

The MOST important things I found while learning the combo are
    1.you can start the super jump a lot earlier than you think, do the SJ right before the hyper grav is about to release ( I look for visual cues for combos, I used to use Audio ones but sometimes at majors listening for combos just isnt gonna happen) then you actually have a lot longer to float up than you think, because if your coming down properly with your H it will bring them up.

2.you HAVEEEEEEE to plink dash that muthafuckin H, THE most important thing without a doubt, you should practice it with regular jump range and try tri dashing forward with it, if your doing it right then you should just hear HEW HEW HEW as you do it but not see the H come out, thats how I did anyway. :) Good Luck!

it seems your problem is you arent super jumping high enough, your not staying up long enough
    -KTB- Aleri
    I say your post, none of them told me if I was doing it correctly.
    I say your post, none of them told me if I was doing it correctly.
    do you have a way of recording yourself attempting the combo?
    @fchampryan
    I got an Ipod, I'll upload it in a sec.