Ultimate Magneto Combo Thread: It's my BnB, I Never Fuck It Up

Comments

• maziodynemaziodyne Demi-Fiend Joined: Posts: 7,748
    Goddamn the EMP loop is so fun. You can even fuck around with the camera if you do the add flying screen j.S and super jump immediately. Mags will be offscreen as if he had finished an air series, even if he has already landed. There might be something there...
  • Kanta-KunKanta-Kun Magnudisto... BLAAAAAAAST Joined: Posts: 5,545
    Goddamn the EMP loop is so fun. You can even fuck around with the camera if you do the add flying screen j.S and super jump immediately. Mags will be offscreen as if he had finished an air series, even if he has already landed. There might be something there...
    yeah, there's a reset based on that. after you superjump, do back airdash L.Mag blast and if you time it right, the mag blast should hit them meaty (covering back rolls) and you fall midscreen (covering forward rolls).
    "I think the game should punch you in the face every time you pick Nova." -ShadyK
  • leafcolonelleafcolonel Apprentice of Magnetism Joined: Posts: 1,913
    I have messing with normal jump height air to air confirms. And Magneto can basically do anything and confirm off it.

jH xx Dash XX L blast( Probably his best confirms since it throw OS's automatically)
    jH xx L blast
    jMM xx L Blast, this one is pretty
    jH xx dash xx jMjH

etc etc, the potential is endless, basically anything into boxdash jMH, anything ending in blast gives you a free air to air hit confirm, jMM xx L Blast is cool because you can use it to do the following:

jMH xx L blast *land* u/f jMM xx L blast for a swag jump loop, or even jMM xx Blast twice or thrice(not consistent). Using this jump loop I came up with the following Xfactor 3 BnB which is very meter and time efficient and pretty consistent while being flashy:

cLMHS sj uf jH addf jH *land* u/f jH xx L Blast , u/f jMM xx L blast *land* u/f jMM xx L blast *Land* u/f jMM xx L blast *land* S sj uf jMMHS

1.1 million damage exactly, kind of iffy on tiny characters, but works perfectly on the rest(use attraction xx shockwave to kill the heavies or if you are in the corner convert to the infinite after any part of the jump loop). For the smaller cast you can try:

clMHS jH Boxdash H blast jH xx Lblast, u/f jMM xx L blast S jMMHS (980k kills all the small hitbox characters)

Btw, the stH xx hypergrav is not a true infinte on small characters, but crM stH xx hypergrav is a true infinite! So use that instead

I think this thread should start including XF1/2/3 bnbs too.
  • ThisGuileKillYaThisGuileKillYa SSS++++ tier at exaggeration Joined: Posts: 2,627
    If I want to tac to mag, non inf, into the standard H dash H dash H loop, on down tag I've just been doing MH xx fly, LH dash etc. Is that the best/correct way to do it? And what adjustments do I need for the up and side versions? Up seems like it may be the ame sequence, but I whiff the LH so often I wonder if there's not a better way to do it? Thanks!
    USF4: Still soul searching. Thus far... Yun, Chun, and Akuma.
    UMvC3 mains: Morrigan Doom Vergil, Magneto Doom Ammy, Morrigan Doom Magneto
    UMvC3 fer funsies: Dante Vergil-or-Dorm Magneto, Wesker Sent Hawkeye, Dante-or-Magneto Doom Vergil, Wolvie Doom-or-Sent Akuma, Nova Doom Ammy, Magneto Doom-or-Sent Dante, Wesker Dorm Magneto, Dante Strange Magneto
    MvC3: Dante Magneto Sentinel
    MvC2: Spiral Cable Sentinel ST: Chunny Bunny. 3S: Akuma, Ryu, Dudley. Vampire: Fish, BBHood
    UMK3: Kabal, H.Smoke, Jax, almost everyone. Chess: 1. c4
  • Din0Din0 Retired Joined: Posts: 4,158
    I'll get on the XF combos this weekend, I've been busy with work and destroying my liver.

Most of the ones I know are impractical though, even the standard XF3 infinite eats up too much XF time to warrant doing over a standard Hyper Grav loop.
    Magneto/Doom/Dante | Magneto/Doom/Phoenix | Magneto/Morrigan/Doom
    PSN: davidyes
  • MayhoMayho ATL Joined: Posts: 569
    you could always go into these set ups
  • ShogunFlowShogunFlow Stream Warrior Joined: Posts: 801
    I tried to do the first combo in the thread and it's just not happening yet. Is there a good beginner combo I can get down with Magnus? I want to practice intermediate and advanced combos a little later. For now I want to practice using him with this new team I thought of [Felix/IronMan/Magneto] and get the hang of moving around with Magnus.
    Jay Illestrate - Regular Cat Records - Psychedelic Hip Hop Music
    [SSF2T] Chun
    [VSav] Morrigan/Bishamon
    [MvC2] MSP
    [UMvC3] Morrigan/Storm/Akuma
    [SFV] Karin/Cammy/Laura
    If you're just starting out and just need a go-to combo to get used to the character with, just do crLMHS jH adf jH xxMagnetic Blast, land, dash st.S jH adf jHS. Does like 430k-450k.
  • bloodabeastbloodabeast Da Best Protoss Joined: Posts: 2,916
    we putting xfactored combos in eventually? this shit looks pretty fun to do lol

@fchampryan
    I have so much game knowledge but nothing counters morrigan... Wtf do we all do?
    UMVC3: Magneto into touch of death.
    Adding XF combos to the OP this weekend.
  • Ika Zuchi No KamiIka Zuchi No Kami dat Dun Dun Joined: Posts: 1,246
    What's the strongest MBlast mid to corner combo with no assist or hypers, and off a c.LMH confirm? I can't find anything past 598k
    :u
  • ShogunFlowShogunFlow Stream Warrior Joined: Posts: 801
    If you're just starting out and just need a go-to combo to get used to the character with, just do crLMHS jH adf jH xxMagnetic Blast, land, dash st.S jH adf jHS. Does like 430k-450k.

I will be practicing that today. I've basically been doing that combo without the Magnetic Blast. I appreciate it bro.
    Jay Illestrate - Regular Cat Records - Psychedelic Hip Hop Music
    [SSF2T] Chun
    [VSav] Morrigan/Bishamon
    [MvC2] MSP
    [UMvC3] Morrigan/Storm/Akuma
    [SFV] Karin/Cammy/Laura
  • ThisGuileKillYaThisGuileKillYa SSS++++ tier at exaggeration Joined: Posts: 2,627
    Any way to do this, or start with the sjH adf H xx blast, land dash S sjH adf.. but go into something, assuming in the corner, that can lead to a grav (so grav looping is possible)? I ask because I'm getting really sick oof my normal mag combo failing online (100% offline), and the sjH adf H xx blast actually work fine online. Would be f'n great to have a passable bnb for xbl, but being forced to finish with shockwave won't cut it. Thanks!
    UMvC3 fer funsies: Dante Vergil-or-Dorm Magneto, Wesker Sent Hawkeye, Dante-or-Magneto Doom Vergil, Wolvie Doom-or-Sent Akuma, Nova Doom Ammy, Magneto Doom-or-Sent Dante, Wesker Dorm Magneto, Dante Strange Magneto
    MvC2: Spiral Cable Sentinel ST: Chunny Bunny. 3S: Akuma, Ryu, Dudley. Vampire: Fish, BBHood
    You can just fly loop or do the H adf MH loop after the blast too and both transition into a Hyper Grav
  • leafcolonelleafcolonel Apprentice of Magnetism Joined: Posts: 1,913
    Any way to do this, or start with the sjH adf H xx blast, land dash S sjH adf.. but go into something, assuming in the corner, that can lead to a grav (so grav looping is possible)? I ask because I'm getting really sick oof my normal mag combo failing online (100% offline), and the sjH adf H xx blast actually work fine online. Would be f'n great to have a passable bnb for xbl, but being forced to finish with shockwave won't cut it. Thanks!

Try:

cLMHS sj, jH adf jH *delay* xx L blast *land* dash S, jH adf jH xx*delay* L blast *land* jMH xx L blast stH xx L hypergrav.

You can convert into the the hypergrav loop after any of the L blasts, the only hard part are the delays, if you mess up the delay on the first blast your jH boxdash jH will crossup, and if you mess up the delay in the corner you won't be able to convert to hypergrav because the blast will whiff, getting jMH xx L blast is tricky if you arent in the corner too, but doable, it's a very solid midscreen bnb that does good damage.
    Din0: its the fly loop actually that I do normally flawlessly but fuck up 80%+ of the time online. Ill def try the H adf MH stuff.

Leafcolonel: oh nice, ill def try that. I've got that delay pretty good for the first blast, bt all 3 are tricky. Practice practice!

Anyone and everyone: for. The combos that, after launch, start with sjH addf jH, land... could anyone describe the timing of both the iniitial jH (asap? After having risen a bit? Etc) as well as the addf (directly cancelled off the jH? After having risen a bit after the jH connected? Etc) I suspect the addf combos may be superiot to the adf ones, tho I'm also satisfied with the adf ones regardless. Never hurts to have options.

Anyone and everyone: -bump- to my above question regarding tac to mag. There's def something different to the leftright one, and up seems horribly inconsistent IF I'm, in fact, doing the correct sequence.
  • beezibopbeezibop Sougenmu--> ??? --> Profit Joined: Posts: 458
    My main go-to BnB now is

cr.LMHS J.H ADF J.H Lblast land J.H Mblast cr.hs J.H ADDF J.H land J.MH Lblast land S J.MMHS

Since I have missiles I can end with tempest regardless if they land just out of the corner. If I'm near the corner I'll do a hypergrav loop into tempest, but everyone dies since they meet vergil afterwards.
  • luis_fernandoluis_fernando Joined: Posts: 469
    Din0: its the fly loop actually that I do normally flawlessly but fuck up 80%+ of the time online. Ill def try the H adf MH stuff.

Leafcolonel: oh nice, ill def try that. I've got that delay pretty good for the first blast, bt all 3 are tricky. Practice practice!

Anyone and everyone: for. The combos that, after launch, start with sjH addf jH, land... could anyone describe the timing of both the iniitial jH (asap? After having risen a bit? Etc) as well as the addf (directly cancelled off the jH? After having risen a bit after the jH connected? Etc) I suspect the addf combos may be superiot to the adf ones, tho I'm also satisfied with the adf ones regardless. Never hurts to have options.

Anyone and everyone: -bump- to my above question regarding tac to mag. There's def something different to the leftright one, and up seems horribly inconsistent IF I'm, in fact, doing the correct sequence.
    j. H asap and addf so that your second j.H hits the bottom of their feet(small delay before addf)
    master of waterloo marvel ;) I am now SenorTeemo bitches
  • rayray19wunrayray19wun Only Sentinel in the world :( Joined: Posts: 591
    how do ppl know about "It's my BnB, I Never Fuck It Up"?
    Watch my UMvC3 combo vids http://www.youtube.com/user/rayray19wun
    UMvC3:Ryu,Magnus,Sent - Chun-Li,Taskmaster,Gouki - Felicia,Doctor Doom,Vajra
    http://twitter.com/RayRay19wun
  • TenguEggTenguEgg Joined: Posts: 1,152
    how do ppl know about "It's my BnB, I Never Fuck It Up"?
    Personally I first heard it when Chris Matrix was commenating a match through the perspective of a player. It was a Nova/Wesker/Doom? player vs FChamp. The Nova player landed a hit and Chris whispered, with a strange conviction and lust even, "Its mah BnB, I neva fuck it up", into my headset.

Pretty sure it was popularized elsewhere before that though.
  • HaxHax Joined: Posts: 44
    XF combos? dafuq? flight mode -> 6 jH's -> 2 hypergrav loops -> jMMHS all day
    I don't remember who said it first. If it was Noel, Matrix, Yipes or someone else. But it was definitely on a major stream and it was hilarious. Pretty nice impression :p

(It's been repeated now and then too)
    "I think the game should punch you in the face every time you pick Nova." -ShadyK
  • KefKef Joined: Posts: 3,170
    I first heard it from Matrix at Curley Mustache 3. It was a Wolverine player playing and he was narrating the match. I think it was Zero/Wolverine/Akuma or something.
    If you wanna play some MVC2/Xrd/SFV: PSN: I-kef-I SFV ID: I-kef-I
    From Miami, if you are in the area, don't be afraid to PM me for some locals.

"Don't be nice, it's Marvel son, the origin of hatred. The game ain't about being nice. If you want to be nice play Tea Party Adventures. They go that shit on DS I heard." - Romneto
  • rayray19wunrayray19wun Only Sentinel in the world :( Joined: Posts: 591
    I first heard it from Matrix at Curley Mustache 3. It was a Wolverine player playing and he was narrating the match. I think it was Zero/Wolverine/Akuma or something.
    There was only 2 curleh's.
    But yea it originated at Yipes' house. I said "nigga i never fuck this up its a bnb" then i proceeded to get bodied by yipes (not really bodied but yeah). Chris was watching then he started saying what I was "thinking" in first person like "God dam I'm in this fucking predicament" when ever it was Sentinel vs Full team. He kept saying things it in that voice and we were just laughing. I haven't heard him or yipes say it on stream so i was just wondering
    Watch my UMvC3 combo vids http://www.youtube.com/user/rayray19wun
    UMvC3:Ryu,Magnus,Sent - Chun-Li,Taskmaster,Gouki - Felicia,Doctor Doom,Vajra
    http://twitter.com/RayRay19wun
    for 3 days I've been having problems finding a mid to corner solo mblast combo above 598k. found one that does 602k(c.LMH starter) in 5min of training today(right now).

lol@ me:rofl:
  • HaxHax Joined: Posts: 44
    for 3 days I've been having problems finding a mid to corner solo mblast combo above 598k. found one that does 602k(c.LMH starter) in 5min of training today(right now).

assistless?
  • KefKef Joined: Posts: 3,170
    There was only 2 curleh's.
    But yea it originated at Yipes' house. I said "nigga i never fuck this up its a bnb" then i proceeded to get bodied by yipes (not really bodied but yeah). Chris was watching then he started saying what I was "thinking" in first person like "God dam I'm in this fucking predicament" when ever it was Sentinel vs Full team. He kept saying things it in that voice and we were just laughing. I haven't heard him or yipes say it on stream so i was just wondering

Oh RayRay, you know where it was, it was at the Big Two that the WC people came. Fanatiq, Champ etc.

http://www.twitch.tv/goldencen/b/321375993

Matrix's hilariousness starts at 0:24:00. Phrase at 0:25:55 and at 0:26:35.
    If you wanna play some MVC2/Xrd/SFV: PSN: I-kef-I SFV ID: I-kef-I
    From Miami, if you are in the area, don't be afraid to PM me for some locals.

"Don't be nice, it's Marvel son, the origin of hatred. The game ain't about being nice. If you want to be nice play Tea Party Adventures. They go that shit on DS I heard." - Romneto

Can you tempest close to the end of it? Cuz that shit sounds ballin.
    Can you tempest close to the end of it? Cuz that shit sounds ballin.

(602k after J.H, disruptor) tempest
    Hmm, I see. but it doesnt leave you in position for a solid dhc :/

Still, when you have time, record or write it out please :(
    Hmm, I see. but it doesnt leave you in position for a solid dhc :/

Still, when you have time, record or write it out please :(

I can DHC into Jill's Raven Spike with no problems
    Sorry to be a pain in the butt, but what about Million Dollars/ Doom sphere flame / sent storm?
    too high for Milion Dollars

Sent & Doom work with no problems

Edit; Million Dollars does work
    too high for Milion Dollars

Sent & Doom work with no problems
    Sweet, thx for the info.

(I want to play dante, but goddamn, neto doom drones is too strong)
    Sweet, thx for the info.

Million Dollars does work, but you need to be low enough.
  • SettaiSettai Joined: Posts: 363
    Notations por favor?
    MvC3 Offline Team: Morrigan/Magneto/Sentinel
    MvC3 Online Team: Wesker/Nova/Strider
    PSN: Settai - Proud pad player
    Sweet, thx for the info.

Do it.
  • BOFOBOFO Joined: Posts: 92
    Oh RayRay, you know where it was, it was at the Big Two that the WC people came. Fanatiq, Champ etc.

http://www.twitch.tv/goldencen/b/321375993

Matrix's hilariousness starts at 0:24:00. Phrase at 0:25:55 and at 0:26:35.
    27:14 " I pop the X-factor, all i gotta do is shoot the
    - WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!! (who´s this commentator btw?) That scream was hilarious.
    - I FU**ED UP!!!! Oh no........I´m mind FU**ED !!!!
    That shit had me on the floor.
    Thanks Kef.
    Matrix is too much.
    So Long Sucker!!!
  • DivemanDiveman Loli-zoning Joined: Posts: 2,657
    what's the best and most reliable corner carry combo Mags can do? because ive seen many variations but some of them honestly are too fancy and I'm interested in getting the job done with combo that is consistent and can be pulled every time in tournaments.
  • luis_fernandoluis_fernando Joined: Posts: 469
    what's the best and most reliable corner carry combo Mags can do? because ive seen many variations but some of them honestly are too fancy and I'm interested in getting the job done with combo that is consistent and can be pulled every time in tournaments.
    ROM
    master of waterloo marvel ;) I am now SenorTeemo bitches