Ultimate Magneto Combo Thread: It's my BnB, I Never Fuck It Up

Comments

• Ika Zuchi No KamiIka Zuchi No Kami dat Dun Dun Joined: Posts: 1,246
    here you go 602k

:u
  • leafcolonelleafcolonel Apprentice of Magnetism Joined: Posts: 1,913
    Seems very similar to the Alioune BnB, thanks, I'll try it out in the lab. You can Kara the disruptor with jH xx addf to make it easier to link tempest I think. Although I personally wouldnt bother going with that and just go into tempest off a hypergrav instead.
  • luis_fernandoluis_fernando Joined: Posts: 469
    here you go 602k

ive been doing that exact same combo midscreen, but added an extra j. H at the beginning and extension with missles :P
    master of waterloo marvel ;) I am now SenorTeemo bitches
    it's low enough to DHC into other characters
  • Kanta-KunKanta-Kun Magnudisto... BLAAAAAAAST Joined: Posts: 5,545
    it's low enough to DHC into other characters
    Thanks ika. Thats my new bnb right now, no excuses.
    "I think the game should punch you in the face every time you pick Nova." -ShadyK
  • rayray19wunrayray19wun Only Sentinel in the world :( Joined: Posts: 591
    here you go 602k

I Was doing a variation of this on the house of crack stream yesterday. launch H dash H L.MB land Boxjump L.MB. i Think its the same damage since its same amount of H's and MB's

Edit: just tested it out. i get 604k and if i take away the J.M H MB part and do an extra HG loop it becomes 610k

I'll Record it right now found a way to get 612k ;)
    Watch my UMvC3 combo vids http://www.youtube.com/user/rayray19wun
    UMvC3:Ryu,Magnus,Sent - Chun-Li,Taskmaster,Gouki - Felicia,Doctor Doom,Vajra
    http://twitter.com/RayRay19wun
    I Was doing a variation of this on the house of crack stream yesterday. launch H dash H L.MB land Boxjump L.MB. i Think its the same damage since its same amount of H's and MB's

Edit: just tested it out. i get 604k and if i take away the J.M H MB part and do an extra HG loop it becomes 610k

yea, I kinda focus more on mid screen which is why I backdash attraction( make sure this shit can reach the corner from over 65% of the screen) at the beginning. I have to dash up after the J.H, ADF, J.H, Blast part or the J.M, J.H will whiff.
    Yeah, thats the same combo I recommended earlier to someone in this thread to optimize the jH boxdash jH xx blast loops damage. I have to test some of this in the lab. I think for ideal damage output you want to put in as much stS and Magnetic Blasts over jH's and crHs midway in the combo. I'm not a big fan of jMH xx Blast either as usually you can do stH xx hypergrav in the corner directly too, and jMH xx Blast doesnt really work well vs shorter/smaller characters midscreen.
    yea, I kinda focus more on mid screen which is why I backdash attraction( make sure this shit can reach the corner from over 65% of the screen) at the beginning. I have to dash up after the J.H, ADF, J.H, Blast part or the J.M, J.H will whiff.
    Yeah mine travels like 80% of the screen. Phone is dead ill have it up in around 20-30 min
    Yeah mine travels like 80% of the screen. Phone is dead ill have it up in around 20-30 min

this nigga always gotta 1up. well mine travel sevendee five nigga.... sevendee five

lol, I'll check it out when you upload it
    Haha idk
    Haha idk

Stolen, I can already do all of that bnb, and I was looking for a Magnetic Blast loop that requires no delay just like that. Thanks.
    Fuck every single one of you.
    Thanks for sharing *training modes*

BTW, RayRay, when are you going to bust out the infinite and some variations on stream, hmmm? You got that nigga second and eveything.
    "I think the game should punch you in the face every time you pick Nova." -ShadyK
    It's probably the best out of corner grab combo. Works from furthest distance does 400k (drones ender) and gains the most meter i think
    Fuck every single one of you.
    Thanks for sharing *training modes*

BTW, RayRay, when are you going to bust out the infinite and some variations on stream, hmmm? You got that nigga second and eveything.
    I have a VERY easy variation that i been using. but i'm saving it for big two this week :D. I'm probably going to the house of crack for a hr or two before this weeks big two so be on the look out
  • Din0Din0 Retired Joined: Posts: 4,158
    Does the box dash Magnetic Blast after the first loop need to be plinked or anything?
    Magneto/Doom/Dante | Magneto/Doom/Phoenix | Magneto/Morrigan/Doom
    PSN: davidyes
    Im plinking it to get it, but i dont think its necessary.

Also, you need to hg loop perfectly, otherwise, it drops.
    You don't have to plink any of the blasts in any combo, just do them fast enough and precisely enough.
  • maziodynemaziodyne Demi-Fiend Joined: Posts: 7,748
    Anyone know that you can end a combo with an EMP loop + Cold Star assist, then Attraction for a free crossup/throw?
    Anyone know that you can end a combo with an EMP loop + Cold Star assist, then Attraction for a free crossup/throw?

How does that work? Especially versus forward tech, how will the assist even hit them if they forward tech(which a lot of people do in the corner).
  • maziodynemaziodyne Demi-Fiend Joined: Posts: 7,748
    If you have enough hitstun to go for an EMP rep, the add j.S will knock the opponent into the freeze part of Cold Star, and they'll be floating above Mags. Use Attraction and they'll be pulled directly behind him, on the ground. I only got a few minutes in the lab before I had to work on school stuff. I'll try again tomorrow vs forward tech and see what happens, but feel free to test it out in the meantime.

So it's basically:
    ...:s:+:a2:, j.:h:, add, (Cold Star hits), j.:s:, land, Attraction
    Ok gotcha, you are using an assist to combo into attraction so they drop out of the assist and set up an ambiguous crossup air recovery, pretty solid tech. With some testing you could do the following with these assists:
    EMP loop into cold star Attraction on landing
    EMP loop into Drones, attraction on landing
    Any air combo or EMP loop to land into Eye of Agamato then attraction
    after hypergrav call Jam Session crM stH xx attraction(this setup should work with a lot of assists)
    Missiles, go nuts, because you can simply use any bnb ending in missiles(ie hypergrav call Doom crH S jMMHS) and instead of ending it in hypergrav you can simply use attraction x2, attraction then repulsion repulsion then attraction to set up stupid cross up situations.

I still prefer the meaty ground recovery tech because that gives you high/lows, but this gives you an extra layer to your mixups. Cool stuff.
    Expanding on the IkaRay combo:

cr.LMHS> j.HH Blast > Dash Blast > j,HH Blast > j.MH Blast > :s: HG Loop > j.HS > st.H + Drones > S > j.HS > Dash down j.S (drone) > S > j.S

Builds 1.999 meter :( it's just a wee bit piece that's missing...
  • TenguEggTenguEgg Joined: Posts: 1,152
    What about the j.l from that tridash overhead that is almost 100% likely to occur before you do crlmhs, surely that builds .001 meter right ^ ^
    Expanding on the IkaRay combo:

cr.LMHS> j.HH Blast > Dash Blast > j,HH Blast > j.MH Blast > :s: HG Loop > j.HS > st.H + Drones > S > j.HS > Dash down j.S (drone) > S > j.S

Builds 1.999 meter :( it's just a wee bit piece that's missing...

really? Any combo that builds 1.5 before drones can reach 2 bars.
    it builds two if i go j.H xx disruptor, but I wanted 2 from the S to end in a squeeze at the start of the match.

Sets the fucking tone.
    it builds two if i go j.H xx disruptor, but I wanted 2 from the S to end in a squeeze at the start of the match.

Sets the fucking tone.

after hypergrav do...

IAD, J.H, J.S, st.H+Drones, S, J.H, J.S, ADD, J.S, st.H, S, (optional J.H) J.S, ADD+J.S, GravSqueeze
    Fuck, that shit works huh?

(i'm a fraud)
  • bloodabeastbloodabeast Da Best Protoss Joined: Posts: 2,916
    Ika, how can I get more damage off of this?
    @fchampryan
    I have so much game knowledge but nothing counters morrigan... Wtf do we all do?
    UMVC3: Magneto into touch of death.
    needs more MBlast(best dmg tool)
    okay i'll work on recording another version of it in a second

EDIT: here's the second one without rom (616,000)
    @fchampryan
    I have so much game knowledge but nothing counters morrigan... Wtf do we all do?
    i've never been so angry trying to do a combo before now. almost 2 bars...man this is some bullshit
    (636,900)
    @fchampryan
    Honestly, It doesn't matter what combo you come up with, the goal is getting over 600k, and you've already done that part.:tup:

get in the lab and create the "Bloo loop" :D
    Honestly, It doesn't matter what combo you come up with, the goal is getting over 600k, and you've already done that part.:tup:

get in the lab and create the "Bloo loop" :D
    haha i'd like to but my execution won't be getting to that point anytime soon bro. i'll leave all that complicated shit up to the real combo makers
    @fchampryan
  • luis_fernandoluis_fernando Joined: Posts: 469
    just so you guys know, mag blast is bad to use if you want meter
    master of waterloo marvel ;) I am now SenorTeemo bitches

every mblast combo i use builds 1.5 bar solo, add sent ender for 2bars and jill for 2.4ish. seriously, how much meter do I need?:wtf:
    WHAT????
  • jak d riprjak d ripr Joined: Posts: 7,353
    So...... been lurking around here for a while and trying to practice magneto so I figured if stop by and just ask, which combo should I be working on as a newbie magneto? I get the impressions magnetic blast combos are the pinnacle but Im not sure if there are more basic combos I should be working on first to better acclimate myself to comboing with magneto before I attempt to tackle mag blast combos? Or should I just go straight for them?
    IMO it doesn't really matter if you can corner carry and convert into hypergrav smoothly. Mag Blast combos have the stigma of being hard for some reason when they really aren't ( I find them to be the easiest of his combos). But really you want to pick up one of the midscreen combos(Airdash loops, Fly combos, Magnetic Blast combos,ROM) and whatever variation of hypergrav you are comfortable with. Hypergrav is a must, but the rest of the midscreen combos is simply preference.Don't worry too much about damageoutput between bnbs either as long as you can convert into hypergrav xx tempest you'll get assist extensions and decent damage.
  • luan87usluan87us Joined: Posts: 1,162
    This probably have been asked before but how can I transit from mblast midscreen into fly H combo? I do w/e to launch - sj - j.h adf j.h - L blast - land - dash - cr.h s - sj.h - L blast - land - dash - launch - trying to get into fly H loop but they flip out after fly. =(
    "YOU KNOW YOU CAN'T BEAT MY BISON."
    This probably have been asked before but how can I transit from mblast midscreen into fly H combo? I do w/e to launch - sj - j.h adf j.h - L blast - land - dash - cr.h s - sj.h - L blast - land - dash - launch - trying to get into fly H loop but they flip out after fly. =(

I think you are only allowed 1 blast then relaunch before fly, otherwise they'll drop out before you can link anything after the fly cancel. See "The Tokido"