Ultimate Magneto Combo Thread: It's my BnB, I Never Fuck It Up

Din0Din0 RetiredJoined: Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭✭
edited May 2013 in Magneto
I figured that almost new post on this character discussion is about how to do Fly Loop/ROM/Magnetic Blast loop, etc. so I figured it was time to compile all of the standard BnBs and break shit down for everyone. The old MVC3 Magneto Combo Thread is great but since there's so many pages of stuff that does not work anymore, it is very hard to navigate through and find the information that you need. As a disclaimer, I will admit that my execution is not up to par as some of the more creative execution-heavy posters on this forum like Ika Zuchi No Kami, Anima922, and Alioune so I will need this thread to be a group effort! Also, I don't think having the most optimal combo down is nearly as important as having a good neutral game and being able to hitconfirm off of every hit. That being said, I will go over the standard BnB's for our favorite Mutant.
1000px-Colors13.JPG

The first round of combos that I'm inputting are gonna be without Hyper Grav loop extensions since I want them all down in writing first before I add the second ender. Right now all of the damage listed is before meter is spent.
Basic Combos:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Intermediate Combos:
Spoiler:

[ Corner Air Dash Loop Variants ][/SIZE]
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

[ Magnetic Blast Variants ][/SIZE]
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Post edited by Din0 on
Magneto/Doom/Dante | Magneto/Doom/Phoenix | Dante/Vergil/Magneto
PSN: davidyes

Comments

• Din0Din0 Retired Joined: Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Spoiler:
    [ Extended Flight Loop Variants ]
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Advanced Combos:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    [ Advanced Magnetic Blast Variants ]
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Post edited by Din0 on
    [SIZE=12px]Team Aerial Combos:[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=12px][THE INFINITE][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=12px] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12px]Assist-Combo Extensions:[/SIZE]

Capcom side: (credits to Unknownant)

Assorted Combo Videos

• Soviet AfroSoviet Afro Dead(?) Joined: Posts: 874
    the "anima" blast loop
    :l: :m: :h::s:(sjc) j.:h: adf :l: magblast (land) cr.:h: :s: (sjc) :h: adf :h: :l: magblast
    :h: :l: hypergrav: sj add :h: (land) :h: Hypergrav x2 :h: :s: j.:h: :l: disrupter xx Tempest or magic series
    589k meterless.... 780k with tempest ender
    Builds 1.5~ bars
    Marvel 3 teams Magneto/Dante/Vergil Magneto/Dormammu/Dante Magneto/Doom/Vergil
  • Kanta-KunKanta-Kun Magnudisto... BLAAAAAAAST Joined: Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭✭
    lol@ the thread title. RayRay is gonna crack over that shit xD
    "I think the game should punch you in the face every time you pick Nova." -ShadyK
  • QiwisKiwiQiwisKiwi Joined: Posts: 166
    If I may say, that is an awesome looking Magneto for the front cover.
    The man with many Task partnered up with the Crimson Comedian all backed up with the Spinning feets of purple fury.
  • SiriusBlackSiriusBlack Nice Joined: Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm simply posting here to say lol @ title

Marvel meme of the year.
    Wolv/Spencer/Akuma or Wesker/Doom/Spencer
    Spencer/Doom/Ammy or Mag/Doom/Ammy because A-bomb
    http://i48.tinypic.com/1fwva0.png
    Here's the problem I'm having with the OP: I'm not sure whether to post the maximum damage of a combo with Hyper Grav loop + various enders or just leave it as is without the additional Hyper Grav loop damage + notations. Magneto's too much of a "do whatever combo you want" character to write an easy aggregate combo post for lol
    post BnBs in sections
    "main combo part"
    ender A
    ender B

thats how I tried to do it in the Vergil forums really
    Anima Blast loop
    :l::m::h::s: sj.:h: adf 896:l: Cr.:h::s: sj.:h: adf :h:xx896:l:
    ender 1 (midscreen) rejump :m::h:xx896:l: (land) :s: sj.:m::m::h::s: :rdp::l: xx :qcf::atk::atk: vaires, does about 545k meterless and 640k, Corner carries from anywhere on screen
    Ender 2 (corner) (landing from magblast 2) :h:xx:qcb::l: (sj.:h: add :h:xx: :qcb::l: )x2 :h::s: sj.:h: xx :qcf::l: xx :qcb::atk::atk: builds 1.5 bars does 780k
    Interesting, I'll probably add the second enders after I've entered all the usual BnB's fullscreen.
  • Ika Zuchi No KamiIka Zuchi No Kami dat Dun Dun Joined: Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭
    My bnb since day 1. starting with 1bar of meter

c.LMH, S, j.H, ADF, j.H, 896+L, tri jump H, cr.H, S, j.H, ADDF, j.H, normal jump, j.M, j.H, 896+L, st.H, HGrav L, [HGrav loop]x1, IAD, j.H, j.S, st.H, S, j.H, S

does 586,500k travels 70% of the stage. builds a little over 1.5 bars

Enders

j.S - 586k

J.S, ADDB, 896+L, Shockwave - 677k

After HGrav loop

Teampest - 770k

IAD, j.H, J.S, st.H, S, j.H, Disruptor, Tempest - 790k

Enders with Drones assist

IAD, j.H, J.S, st.H+Drones, S, j.H, j.S, Air Heavy HGrav, Tempest - 825k

IAD, j.H, J.S, st.H+Drones, S, j.H, j.S, ADD, Air Heavy HGrav, land, SJ, ADD, j.S, st.H, Disruptor, GravSqueeze - 1m

IAD, j.H, J.S, st.H+Drones, S, j.H, j.S, Air Heavy HGrav, land, st.H, S, j.S, GravSqueeze - 1m - After the last j.S make sure you ADD, j.S to touch the floor faster
    :u
  • bloodabeastbloodabeast Da Best Protoss Joined: Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭
    this is my bnb and i never fuck it up (for real though, i'm not at my house)

the j:h: crosses up which is pretty sweet i think and adds more to the mix up;
    j.:h: cr:l: cr:h: :s: j:h: adf j:h: 896:l: [land] sjuf j:h: adf j:h: 896:l: [land] j:m: j:h: 896 [land] cr:h: :s: j:m::m::h: j:s: Attraction xx :qcf::atk::atk:

does around 600k. going to add more of mine bnb's when i recover from these beers.
    @fchampryan
    I have so much game knowledge but nothing counters morrigan... Wtf do we all do?
    UMVC3: Magneto into touch of death.
  • MayhoMayho Jump Fierce Everything Joined: Posts: 567
    for my midscreen I do the Tokido but after hte relaunch I do H adf H xx fly/reversefly > L H adf H etc.
    ~700ish with 1 meter depending on your ender, its brain dead easy, carrries ridiculously far, also gives you a chance to dash under to change sides to keep the corner.

for my corner I do
    :s: sj:h: adf j:h: xx 896:l: land njuf:h: xx 896:l: land:h::s: sj:h: adf j:h: xx 896:l: land :h: xx 214:l: sjuf add:s: land :h::s: sj :m::m::h::s: :a1: (wesker) :h::s: sj:h: xx 236:l: xx 214:atk::atk:
    does 830-870ish depending on starter. fairly easy to do, and you get to do some post air tempest mixups.
    If I don't have an OTG assist available I add in an extra hypergrav rep in there if I'm gonna end with meter rather than go for a heavy knockdown mixup.
    Magneto just simply gives no fucks. I think he's also the most self-sufficient character in the game. He, alone with no X-Factor, is probably more complete than some teams. He can be put in any position and do well; he's just the kind of character the mid-tiers and below aspire to be." --just5moreminutes
    [Mags - A, Weskey - B, Akuma - B]
    What is ya'lls best conversion for midscreen Tatsu....
    Vergil and missiles just doesn't cut it for the way I wanna play
  • BMsirhc1313BMsirhc1313 I'm 0ld Joined: Posts: 834 ✭✭✭
    What is ya'lls best conversion for midscreen Tatsu....
    Vergil and missiles just doesn't cut it for the way I wanna play

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/mvc3-magneto-questions-and-answers-thread.132965/
  • DanteDante HAPPY END - 行き止まり Joined: Posts: 1,027
    Finally I got all of the combos in this thread except for ROM, The Quandizzle and The Fanatiq thank you guys I want to hug you guys lol took me alot of training now it's time to work on hit comfirm and movement
    UMvC3: Dante/Vergil/Strider Hiryu | Persona 4 Arena: Yukiko I Super Street Fighter IV AE 2012: Guy Rank A

[SIZE=13px]‎"The most intelligent people disguise the fact that they are intelligent. Wise men do not wear nametags. The more people talk about their own skills, the more desperate they are — their work should speak for itself."[/SIZE]
  • Azn_BoyAzn_Boy =\ Joined: Posts: 1,288
    So we're posting BnBs now:

Lazy BnB:

cr.LMHS, delay super jump, j.H adf j.H, backwards fly cancel, j.MH [adf H]x2 cancel unfly j.H, st.H xx L hypergrav, [super jump, addf H, st.H xx L hypergrav]x2, S, super jump MMHS, (Viper OTG assist) + L hypergrav cancel to Tempest, DHC into Sentinel.

I dont know how much damage this does, I think it's over 900K

BnB I always drop outside of Training Mode:

Midscreen, starter into 3 reps of ROM into 3 reps of hypergrav loop, S, super jump MMHS, (Viper OTG assist) + L hypergrav cancel to Tempest, DHC into Sentinel.

Does close to a million

Corner BnB:

starter to 2 reps of Empire Loop, after the last launch j.H addf s.H, two reps of hypergrav loop, S, super jump MMHS, (Viper OTG assist) + L hypergrav cancel to Tempest, DHC into Sentinel.

Over a million. If the starter is from j.S or flight HS it's over 1.1M
    Gamertag: UMEJUAREZ
    Where are the ROM combos? I got us:D

EDIT; Changing Magnetic Rom to Magnetic Cha Cha :rofl:
  • SynikaLSynikaL Melee Prophet Joined: Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭
    Does the Magnetic Blast actually count after the Shockwave in the third combo, or is it just making Mags drop faster?
    "Grandad, this food is destructive!"
    "Boy, what is wrong with you? This food is your culture."
    "Then the culture's destructive."

-The Boondocks
    Does the Magnetic Blast actually count after the Shockwave in the third combo, or is it just making Mags drop faster?

it hits
    I can't get the Fanatiq combo to work. After I land j.H ADF j. H; the Fly j. L misses... any tips, please?

-The Boondocks
  • RoboticRobotic Joined: Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭✭
    I can't get the Fanatiq combo to work. After I land j.H ADF j. H; the Fly j. L misses... any tips, please?
    Make sure the opponent is above you. They have to be practically on top of you for the j.L to hit.
  • DisabelDisabel Joined: Posts: 217
    <_< I came up with the "poverty rom magnetic blast" combo on day -3
    OH YEAH I forgot your name lol I'll add you to the credits
  • Anima922Anima922 Gimme Coffee Joined: Posts: 33
    Sick thread!, here's a lil corner combo you can add to it if you like.

cr. :l::m::h::s: xxsj j.:h:adf xx :u::uf::f::l: (land) st.:h:xx:qcb::l:, njuf, adf xx :u::uf::f::l: (land) :s: xxsj j.:h:adf xx :u::uf::f::l: (land) st.:h:xx:qcb::l:, njuf, adf xx :u::uf::f::l: (land) st.:h::s:xxsj j.:h: xx add j.:s: (land) st.:h::s: sjxx j.:m::m::h::s:

Does 600,000 Damage, 800,000 w j.:h:xx Tempest ender. Builds a little over 1.5 meters.

Probably should go under the "advanced combos" section since it requires the player to be proficient at the Box-dash Magnetic Blasts and EMP looping.
  • bloodabeastbloodabeast Da Best Protoss Joined: Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭
    here's another corner blast combo:

builds roughly 1.80 meter before super and does 621,500 using missiles/drones extension (does around 800-840k with super)
    tri j:s: cr:l::h: :s: sjuf j:h: adf j:h: 896:l: land sjuf j:h: adf j:h: 896:l: land s:h: 214:l: s:h:+:a1: j:m::m::h::s: land 214:h: s:h:+:a2: sj j:h::s: [full drones assist hit before landing] 214:h: xx super

slight variations:

(642,600)

(634,700)
    @fchampryan
    I have so much game knowledge but nothing counters morrigan... Wtf do we all do?
    UMVC3: Magneto into touch of death.
  • TenguEggTenguEgg Joined: Posts: 1,145
    So Magnus is kind of like a side project for me at the moment, I was just wondering if any of you made the EMP loop as your main BnB? I thought it looked pretty sweet and I took it in the lab, surprisingly its pretty easy. It draws many similarites towards Mazios Doom loop, which I also learned, but its extremely hard to convert into that loop for more than 1 or 2 reps if my starter wasn't optimal, so I end up doing basic foot dive loops more often than not. Is the EMP like this too? I'm using the cr.l St.S variant for now, I think I cap out at 3 or 4 reps with that though.
    If I go for EMP loop in a match I don't go for more than 2 reps (unless in XF) and transition into other combos.
    Magneto just simply gives no fucks. I think he's also the most self-sufficient character in the game. He, alone with no X-Factor, is probably more complete than some teams. He can be put in any position and do well; he's just the kind of character the mid-tiers and below aspire to be." --just5moreminutes
  • Sleepy ZeroSleepy Zero The Other Lee Player Joined: Posts: 531
    I'm trying to learn Magneto to help out a friend and so I need to ask. How the FUCK do you do H air dash H into fly L? After that the 5 Hs and whatever but I can never get that god damn fly L to hit shit never works when I do it. They are are way to far away for that L to hit. So what's the trick? I don't own a copy of the game so I can't dick around in training mode to figure out why what I'm doing does or doesn't work. Someone just give it to me on the straight and narrow so I can learn this when I stop by my buddy's house tomorrow night.
    Bodied Tokido today at Final Round XIV in tournament.
    Tokido should stick to Street Fighter.
    Waffle House is the devil.
    Do j.h, ADF, j,M xx Fly j.L, j.H, ADF, j.H x5

Not j.h, ADF, j.H
  • Sleepy ZeroSleepy Zero The Other Lee Player Joined: Posts: 531
    Its j.h, ADF, j,M xx Fly j.L, j.H, ADF, j.H x5

Not j.h, ADF, j.H

No it is H. I've seen Fanatiq do it a million times it's with H. Two Air Dash Hs. Plus all the combos at the top of this list say H into H. Soooooooooooo if you'd like to tell me how to do it, I'd appreciate it.
    Bodied Tokido today at Final Round XIV in tournament.
    Tokido should stick to Street Fighter.
    Waffle House is the devil.
    delay your SJ after launch and try to hit their feet with the first jH.
    No it is H. I've seen Fanatiq do it a million times it's with H. Two Air Dash Hs. Plus all the combos at the top of this list say H into H. Soooooooooooo if you'd like to tell me how to do it, I'd appreciate it.
    Okay well if you're having too much difficulty with j.h, ADF, j.H, then do j.h, ADF, j,M

What TenguEgg said was correct.
    Do j.h, ADF, j,M xx Fly j.L, j.H, ADF, j.H x5

Not j.h, ADF, j.H

This^ is the standard Fly Loop starter. j.H, ADF, j.H is not the standard Fly Loop starter. What you see fanatiq do is coversion off of an anti air, or use a different starter before going into the Fly Loop. <--- if you do one of those the game wont allow you to use the SFLoop because of HSD, so you have to use j.H, ADF, j.H.

delay your SJ after launch and try to hit their feet with the first jH.

This^ is the only thing you need to do to land the j.H, ADF, j.H. Fly Loop.
    I'd kick you in the face for answering me like that. Real talk. Not you, Ika.
    "I think the game should punch you in the face every time you pick Nova." -ShadyK

I was thinking the same thing :D
    Thats why I stay on the internet.
  • Azn_BoyAzn_Boy =\ Joined: Posts: 1,288
    So Magnus is kind of like a side project for me at the moment, I was just wondering if any of you made the EMP loop as your main BnB? I thought it looked pretty sweet and I took it in the lab, surprisingly its pretty easy. It draws many similarites towards Mazios Doom loop, which I also learned, but its extremely hard to convert into that loop for more than 1 or 2 reps if my starter wasn't optimal, so I end up doing basic foot dive loops more often than not. Is the EMP like this too? I'm using the cr.l St.S variant for now, I think I cap out at 3 or 4 reps with that though.
    The most reps I've done with the regular EMP Loop is 5. You want to keep it at 2 reps though if you plan on converting into other corner combos. Don't bother with cr.L, S scales too much.
    Gamertag: UMEJUAREZ
    The most reps I've done with the regular EMP Loop is 5. You want to keep it at 2 reps though if you plan on converting into other corner combos. Don't bother with cr.L, S scales too much.

Don't get in a wreck with Azn Boy. *whisper* He doesn't have insurance.:eek:

Anyway, the c.L version is good for smaller characters and you can still build 2bars for GravSqueeze. I agree with Azn Boy tho, you should only do 2 or 3(max) reps of the EMP loop, so you can easily convert into something else. That's Allstate's stand.... are you in good hands?:coffee:
  • DanteDante HAPPY END - 行き止まり Joined: Posts: 1,027
    Once again thank you guys for this excellent thread it helped me out alot so I owe you guys a combo video lol
    UMvC3: Dante/Vergil/Strider Hiryu | Persona 4 Arena: Yukiko I Super Street Fighter IV AE 2012: Guy Rank A

[SIZE=13px]‎"The most intelligent people disguise the fact that they are intelligent. Wise men do not wear nametags. The more people talk about their own skills, the more desperate they are — their work should speak for itself."[/SIZE]
    I just learned the Fanatiq starter except I added Magnetic Blast loops at the end instead of a fly loop. That crossover is SO useful and the positioning the second ROM rep gives you makes it very easy to get to the other side.
  • C-FreePOC-FreePO Joined: Posts: 44
    How do I transition from Magnetic Blast/Fly loop hybrid to hyper grav loop? From fly loop I've just been using unfly j.H, s.H xx Hyper grav but when I add the first rep of a Mag. Blast loop, they pop out either before the j.H or after it not allowing me to follow up.
    The addf jH jS st.H xx Hyper Grav variant works better for that
    How do I request that this thread be stickied?
  • whitechumpboxerwhitechumpboxer Joined: Posts: 18
    So im using Mag/Sent/Doom and im curious what the proper way is to confirm off of drones when they hit in the air.
    Im guessing its some sort of fly cancel im not sure where to find this tho, Anyone know how to do this?
    So im using Mag/Sent/Doom and im curious what the proper way is to confirm off of drones when they hit in the air.
    Im guessing its some sort of fly cancel im not sure where to find this tho, Anyone know how to do this?
    j.MH xx L Magnetic Blast
    j.HS xx addf j.H
    j.HS xx addf j.L > st.L
    j.H xx adf j.MH

pretty much.
    How do I get the S variant of the hyper grav loop to work? Is it really just a timing issue? Outside XF it doesn't work for me at all.

-The Boondocks
    Good question :p
    I've only done like one or 2 reps of it w/o XF.
    How do I get the S variant of the hyper grav loop to work? Is it really just a timing issue? Outside XF it doesn't work for me at all.

The timing is pretty strict, IMO it's not worth it since the meter gain benefit you get from it is marginal.
  • douglamdouglam Joined: Posts: 134
    Which combos corner-carry the farthest and transition into hyper-grav?