UMvC3 Stream & Commentary Thread v2

Comments

• WarpticonWarpticon Main otaku of SRK #2 Joined: Posts: 9,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That Forward guy on FGTV last week was GOOD. Rocking that SRK Theory team Viper/Doom/Strider too.

ShadyK plays Mag/Vergil/Doom now and I'm quite sure he has what it takes to beat anyone in his pool.

I forgot about that guy, too. Forward is fucking legit.
    If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the compound.
    ·
  • TG CidTG Cid BATHSALT DEALER Joined: Posts: 141
    Where's Noah? Sort of dissapointed I don't see his name...
    ·
  • SiriusBlackSiriusBlack Nice Joined: Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭✭
    What team does Kbeast play?

Dante/Mag/Viper
    Wolv/Spencer/Akuma or Wesker/Doom/Spencer
    Spencer/Doom/Ammy or Mag/Doom/Ammy because A-bomb
    http://i48.tinypic.com/1fwva0.png
    ·
  • HonzogonzoHonzogonzo fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu Joined: Posts: 3,302
    I like yah avarice but kbeast is mai boy, so I'm gunna coach him against you

NO HARD FEELINGS BRAH

ps: my pool is either ultra free or theres hella random killers, I do not know, I am honestly apprehensive
    http://www.justin.tv/honzo_gonzo
    follow me on twitter @honzogonzo
    youtube: youtube.com/thewasteofflesh
    facebook fan page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Honzo-vs-Marvel/254784834545478
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
    ·
  • DankeDanke Superior Tech. Joined: Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭✭
    Jan is going to fuck up Abegen, bet on it. I have Carlos (GoX) as the only person I've heard of in my pool, which sucks because we meet in ranbat finals in Austin half the time and were team tournament partners in a Texas regional.
    XBL GT: Das Danke Twitter: https://twitter.com/DasDanke
    http://www.youtube.com/user/TeamBrownTown (Fighting game tips, tricks, and combo videos including the Superior Tech series.)
    http://www.twitch.tv/dasdanke (*NEW* Streaming my Marvel adventures periodically; I will prove Spencer is the worst by winning with him!*NEW*)
    ·
  • CTGCTG Army of Zero Joined: Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭✭
    EVO: There's an app for that.
    http://shoryuken.com/index.php?p=15944
    ·
  • Green AceGreen Ace Not playing Jago's team Joined: Posts: 653 ✭✭✭

NO HARD FEELINGS BRAH

ps: my pool is either ultra free or theres hella random killers, I do not know, I am honestly apprehensive
    There's going to be like 20 Trish's in your pool. Trishfinites all day.

Where Is everyone finding the brackets.
    Me:what the fuck? It costs $10 to get into Orlando.
    Me:Is Orlando a country now?
    Pain: yeah, it's the land of the free.
    Me: LOLOLOL
    ·
  • Flashy NightsFlashy Nights Partial to long stories. Joined: Posts: 4,144
    ShadyK plays Mag/Vergil/Doom now and I'm quite sure he has what it takes to beat anyone in his pool.

ShadyK is always a threat.
    Umvc3: Magnus, DS, Dante /Dormammu, DS, Magnus
    SF4:M.Bison
    ·
  • AvariceXAvariceX Joined: Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭✭

NO HARD FEELINGS BRAH

Coach all you want I only gotta hit him once then make him flip 20 coins per welcome mixup and one wrong call is on to the next character/game.

We're on opposite ends of the bracket anyway though.
    UMvC3: Zero/Dante/Strider | MvC2: MSP
    SFIV: Juri | 3S: Yun | ST: O.Ryu
    BB: Rachel, Makoto, u-12 | GGXrd: I-No
    ·
  • Ajtucker22Ajtucker22 Blue Lantern of Earth. Joined: Posts: 818
    Jan is going to fuck up Abegen, bet on it. I have Carlos (GoX) as the only person I've heard of in my pool, which sucks because we meet in ranbat finals in Austin half the time and were team tournament partners in a Texas regional.
    The curse has been passed on to you! I fully expected to get Carlos first round.
    Move fast and have hope.
    ·
    I want Momochi to do well. Maximillian v rdk made me laugh for somereason?!
    ·
    There's going to be like 20 Trish's in your pool. Trishfinites all day.

Where Is everyone finding the brackets.

http://evo2012.s3.amazonaws.com/brackets/

Ah, I see Antman in Ponce's bracket. I liked his Morrigan at Shadowloo Showdown, wonder if he's gotten better since then. Also Ponce is in that pool.

OH man, potential Chrisis-Meep matchup 2nd round too? ugh
    ·
  • LenaireLenaire RemyMagnus of the Sharingan Joined: Posts: 502
    Most likely to have a bounty on their head?
    • ChrisG
    • OMGitzAndre
    • "A Japanese"
    • unkn0wn
    Other?

Flocker, Fanatiq?
    Viper/Doom/ Ammy or Stider
    Zero/Doom/RR
    ·
    Can someone explain to me how the seeding points works?
    ·
  • The DukeThe Duke Joined: Posts: 14,421 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The EVO rules haven't been set yet, but I'd like the TA Infinities banned. That doesn't mean I won't practice them though." -Chou
    ·
    Notable Player list thanks to TheN4Us:http://pastebin.com/EiE5fdCt
    ·
  • EsportsOfSarusEsportsOfSarus Knight of the Sarus Kingdom Joined: Posts: 316
    Most likely to have a bounty on their head?
    • ChrisG
    • OMGitzAndre
    • "A Japanese"
    • unkn0wn
    Other?

Justin should have a bounty on his head for the simple fact that he's a marvel legend and he is the biggest (maybe the only) threat to win 2 EVO titles.
    ·
  • piskooooopiskooooo anime swag Joined: Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭✭
    Hoping Forward does good. Same to Drew Grimey, Marlinpie, KBeast, Chrisis, ShadyK (if he picks Viper), etc. I just want to see at least one Viper in Top8.
    ·
  • YatchoYatcho Joined: Posts: 115
    Bummer. So the only legit Vipers are still Marlin, Chrisis and Grimey?
    On the last FGTV Grimey was playing Zero instead. Don't know if he's using him at EVO but it looks like he's dropped Viper for now.
    ·
  • -AEON--AEON- Joined: Posts: 924 ✭✭✭
    http://evo2012.s3.amazonaws.com/brackets/mvc3_k10.html

Combofiend has to get through Toki and Zak Bennett ... I hope he knows the She-Hulk vs. Firebrand matchup.
    Viscant wrote: »
    The reason I don't stream is because the chances of me accidentally exposing my dick to the world is too high. I forget stuff way too often, I almost burn my place down because I forgot I was cooking at least once every 3 months. If I started livestreaming I would load up a Taylor Swift video, forget I had a webcam and a stream and then...
    These are self evident truths. You could irrefutably prove God's existence starting from the axiom that Marn is scum.
    Marn is scum ergo sum.
    ·
    http://evo2012.s3.amazonaws.com/brackets/mvc3_k10.html

Combofiend has to get through Toki and Zak Bennett ... I hope he knows the She-Hulk vs. Firebrand matchup.
    The Marvel matchup is always hit them first.
    ·
  • SixfortyfiveSixfortyfive likes Saturn pads. Joined: Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭
    So I'm ranked 20th for EVO.

Being a fraud never felt so good.
    "This is a perfectly balanced VS." - PTX-40A, Tatsunoko Vs Capcom
    ·
  • tick_tocktick_tock Joined: Posts: 653
    Not a big deal but if you could put days for the different streams in the first post it would be beneficial. I know it takes a little searching but on say a monday night, like tonight, it would be great if i could just click on the first post and see monday : stream list.
    ·
  • Dark RadianceDark Radiance MNS Azula Joined: Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭
    One of my homeboys who got 17th at UFGT has Jago in his pool. Time to train him up vs Trish.
    KOF:Saiki/EX Iori/Elisabeth
    Marvel: Viper/Magneto/Ammy
    Smash: Marth
    [SIZE=15px]- Azula[/SIZE]
    ·
    Chou, and the rest of the JPN scene, is really into this whole Trish infinite thing. He already made a team for it and everyone is grinding for more. I guess this shit was true STSFN stuff for once.
    ·
  • EsportsOfSarusEsportsOfSarus Knight of the Sarus Kingdom Joined: Posts: 316
    What are the specifications of this infinite? I'm hearing it's character specific, only works for down exchange, only works in corner and etc.
    ·
  • tick_tocktick_tock Joined: Posts: 653
    Any links to that forward guy? Just searched youtube and only saw some stuff from vanilla. I'd love to see another good viper player. Anyone see that euro guy, grangy or something like that, that plays marlin pies team? He had some TAC doom swag.
    ·
  • Kanta-KunKanta-Kun Magnudisto... BLAAAAAAAST Joined: Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭✭
    Chou, and the rest of the JPN scene, is really into this whole Trish infinite thing. He already made a team for it and everyone is grinding for more. I guess this shit was true STSFN stuff for once.
    i dont think it's really THAT relevant ;/
    Yeah it works off of any tac, but from what I've seen, it doesn't work on some characters as an infinite, because of height issues. Or maybe i just fucked up.
    "I think the game should punch you in the face every time you pick Nova." -ShadyK
    ·
  • RokmodeRokmode preppy asked me to change my title rip meaty mud flap Joined: Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What are the specifications of this infinite? I'm hearing it's character specific, only works for down exchange, only works in corner and etc.
    what I would like to know is why trish can only do it. Why causes her to ignore the tac hsd rules?
    THIS WEBSITE SUCKS GIANT HORSE @#$@#$@!@$
    Youtube(random doom TAC help, doom combos, ammy stuff, shuma combos and tech): http://www.youtube.com/user/Clickclakmoo?feature=mhee Danke on shuma gorath: "He who sleeps but shouldn't have costed me 5 dollars."
    ·
    Any links to that forward guy? Just searched youtube and only saw some stuff from vanilla. I'd love to see another good viper player. Anyone see that euro guy, grangy or something like that, that plays marlin pies team? He had some TAC doom swag.

Look at the archives from teh last FFF on FGTVlive.
    ·
    i dont think it's really THAT relevant ;/
    Yeah it works off of any tac, but from what I've seen, it doesn't work on some characters as an infinite, because of height issues. Or maybe i just fucked up.
    It's more like it got people to look for more infinites in TAC and the like. Usually one discovery leads to the next. Like the anti-phoenix TAC leading to people finding out who can do it without meter, etc
    ·
  • ThatJollyOlBastidThatJollyOlBastid Non-stop Climax! Joined: Posts: 19,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Umezono plays Marvel...wut
    "Seth is like McDonald's. You can learn to make the same burger in 2 days as the person who's worked there for 5 years" ~ Dogura
    ·
  • phantasyphantasy Smash Journeyman Joined: Posts: 8,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    forward is the most creative falco
    didnt know he was in there in marvel
    my twitch stream mostly smash 4
    danke's twitch stream mostly anime fgs
    youtube mostly smash4 and old marvel3 vids
    ·
  • ChouJPChouJP Joined: Posts: 413
    What, no. I simply needed someone to carry on my seed, and she will sufice. No one in the holy land dares to touch Trish.

I'm guessing Zeu$ can't make it? All talk, no paper. I knew i frightened you.
    Based Japanese Marvel God
    Said to have defeated Godzilla by only removing his shades.
    ·
  • Kanta-KunKanta-Kun Magnudisto... BLAAAAAAAST Joined: Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭✭
    It's more like it got people to look for more infinites in TAC and the like. Usually one discovery leads to the next. Like the anti-phoenix TAC leading to people finding out who can do it without meter, etc
    I tried to do it with magneto but couldn't get it, so I just said "fuck it" :(
    "I think the game should punch you in the face every time you pick Nova." -ShadyK
    ·
  • GodlessModeGodlessMode ^ tier thread Joined: Posts: 779
    For people trying to find various bracket placements/who is fighting who you can do so pretty easily through google.

site:shoryuken.com/evo2012/brackets "Chou" for example.

This will bring you a link with the bracket identified in the link (the link will be invalid because they moved the brackets off of shoryuken onto the aws). But if you take that K7 or M7 or whatever and use it to look at the bracket on their new bracket link you will find what you are looking for.
    Welcome to die.
    UMVC3 Teams: Dok/Dorm/Doom, Dante/FW/Deadpool, Zero/Morrigan/Doom

SCV: Zwei (I'm a Masochist!)
    ·
  • BlackstarrBlackstarr Joined: Posts: 232
    Yeah condor said he already found an infinite with sentinel so I guess japan is finding one for each of their characters.
    Main Team: Firebrand/Iron Man/Sentinel
    Dante/Ammy/Doom GT: KiD Xx5N1P3xX
    ·
  • SaitsuSaitsu Dark Magic Never Looked So Good Joined: Posts: 22,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adding reps of M, M, 2H, Hopscotch rather than always doing M, H, 2H, Hopscotch seems to make it a true infinite.

I'm...still working out the kinks of getting down the specifics, but I'll take the Trish Thread's word for it.
    GT: TrinityRagnarok: Dead End
    FC: 0490-4604-8179 UMvC3: Thor/Doom/Ammy
    SFxT: Cammy/Paul, Lars/Nina, Rolento/Lili
    Injustice: Nightwing
    ·
  • RaohRaoh AU Spider Joined: Posts: 966 ✭✭✭
    Nico nico douga got a vid of a Mag TAC infinite from down exchange.

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm18195011

EVO's gonna be crazy.
    Spider-Man - Combos and Tech
    PSN: KingRaou - Spider-Man/Hawkeye<>Dr.Doom
    ·
  • tabtab the impossible dream Joined: Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭✭✭

carlos is gonna run a train on everyone in that pool, that's so unfair

they're gonna look at his team and be like "heh, a scrub"

and then he pulls out that hadouken magic
    ·
  • RikirRikir Servbot Joined: Posts: 1,004 ✭✭
    Copy+paste unorganized pools first look:

Rikir in JWong's pool..

Somehow I knew this would happen. At least I dont have to worry about him until I get near the end of my pool.
    PSN: Al_Rikir
    UMvC3: Tron/Dante/Arthur
    P4A: Naoto
    VSav: Q-Bee
    ·
  • RokmodeRokmode preppy asked me to change my title rip meaty mud flap Joined: Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah condor said he already found an infinite with sentinel so I guess japan is finding one for each of their characters.
    WHAT
    THIS WEBSITE SUCKS GIANT HORSE @#$@#$@!@$
    Youtube(random doom TAC help, doom combos, ammy stuff, shuma combos and tech): http://www.youtube.com/user/Clickclakmoo?feature=mhee Danke on shuma gorath: "He who sleeps but shouldn't have costed me 5 dollars."
    ·

EVO's gonna be crazy.
    Now that's a useful one. Them Jean teams.
    ·
  • DahbombDahbomb Dark Slayer Rising Joined: Posts: 916
    Video of these rumored infinites? WTF is going on here...
    Primary: Vergil (Rapid Slash)/ Iron Man (Repulsor)/ Akuma (Tatsu)
    Secondary: Firebrand (Demon Missile)/ Iron Man (Repulsor)/ Akuma (Tatsu)
    ·
  • GomuGomuGomuGomu Strider Sucks Joined: Posts: 8,752 ✭✭✭✭✭

lol they might as well ban other stupid shit in this game as well then. Ban Vergil, ban XF, and ban Zero.
    Strider still sucks.
    ·
  • ThatJollyOlBastidThatJollyOlBastid Non-stop Climax! Joined: Posts: 19,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sent got his swag back.
    1000px-S_sentinel00_bm_nomip_s_sentinel00_bm_nomipout.png
    "Seth is like McDonald's. You can learn to make the same burger in 2 days as the person who's worked there for 5 years" ~ Dogura
    ·
    I guess infinites can stall out the whole round if they don't kill but don't all the TAC ones kill?
    ·
  • Zeu$Zeu$ One Turn Kill Joined: Posts: 3,556 ✭✭
    What, no. I simply needed someone to carry on my seed, and she will sufice. No one in the holy land dares to touch Trish.

I'm guessing Zeu$ can't make it? All talk, no paper. I knew i frightened you.

Stop reminding me I'm broke before I fuck you in the ass and throw you over a bridge shaq.png

I was fucked from the start anyway since I have to drill that weekend too
    ·
  • RoboticRobotic Joined: Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭✭
    Ranmasama vs Abegen first round? Maaaan, I want both of them to win, big guy players need to stick together :(

Also, I have no idea how to work niconico how do I even
    ·
  • BlackstarrBlackstarr Joined: Posts: 232

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm18195011

EVO's gonna be crazy.
    LOL HOLY SHIT We tell the japanese how to do one infinite and they find 5 others. Time to go into the lab to find an Iron Man infinite
    Ranmasama vs Abegen first round? Maaaan, I want both of them to win, big guy players need to stick together :(

Also, I have no idea how to work niconico how do I even
    Clcik the big yellow button to make an account and the blue on to log on. Someone is gonna upload soon anyways.
    Main Team: Firebrand/Iron Man/Sentinel
    Dante/Ammy/Doom GT: KiD Xx5N1P3xX
    ·
This discussion has been closed.