UMvC3 Stream & Commentary Thread v2

Comments

• TMNTempsTMNTemps dem lats Joined: Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭✭
    when did Rog disrespect Mihe? I need vids & sources 
    UMvC3: Magneto
  • Lord_RaptorLord_Raptor Joined: Posts: 8,465 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ouroborus said:

Does EC whine more than anything else? Jesus christ these niggas are never positive lmfao.  If you don't like a game don't play, you like it do.  whats the problem with that comment?

props for warp having a mind and not mindlessly agreeing with the tinfoils theories
    The problem with the comment is that the quality of a game isn't the only thing that'll determine if people play it, the community is as big if not a bigger factor that determines if people stick to a fighting game. Basically the guy is telling Chris G to get lost and stop playing Skullgirls if he doesn't want to deal with it, that's the kind of attitude which you can have for a popular game but for a game struggling to survive like Skullgirls it's never a good idea to drive people away with elitist attitudes. Chris G understands that and he's frustrated that the Skullgirls community is driving their way into self-destruction.
    That's...not even what happeend at all. It's like with Chris and the whole anime community shit, nigga just says stupid shit.
    animu community is a joke. let them continue bitching about how every game made by capcom is broken and the lavish praise of their japanese overlords.

What anime scene are you talking about?

And no matter how many times I see that Mihe/CHris G gif it's still great.

Are you right? Are you READY!?
    www.twitter.com/HakethKOTB
    edited February 2013

Double post, why is there no delete option?

Post edited by Lord_Raptor on
  • Green AceGreen Ace Not playing Jago's team Joined: Posts: 643 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Danke said:
    He's a fucking dick dude, and there are countless different times that has been displayed.
    Pr rog is the biggest **** in the fgc. Too many times to count, definitely one time when he got in my face in Miami. That dude can go play in traffic.
    Post edited by Green Ace on
    Me:what the fuck? It costs $10 to get into Orlando.
    Me:Is Orlando a country now?
    Pain: yeah, it's the land of the free.
    Me: LOLOLOL
  • RokmodeRokmode preppy asked me to change my title rip meaty mud flap Joined: Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TMNTemps said:
    He air humped him after he beat Mihe
    THIS WEBSITE SUCKS GIANT HORSE @#$@#$@!@$
    Youtube(random doom TAC help, doom combos, ammy stuff, shuma combos and tech): http://www.youtube.com/user/Clickclakmoo?feature=mhee Danke on shuma gorath: "He who sleeps but shouldn't have costed me 5 dollars."
  • OuroborusOuroborus plays 3s just to troll Joined: Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Ouroborus said:

Does EC whine more than anything else? Jesus christ these niggas are never positive lmfao.  If you don't like a game don't play, you like it do.  whats the problem with that comment?

props for warp having a mind and not mindlessly agreeing with the tinfoils theories
    The problem with the comment is that the quality of a game isn't the only thing that'll determine if people play it, the community is as big if not a bigger factor that determines if people stick to a fighting game. Basically the guy is telling Chris G to get lost and stop playing Skullgirls if he doesn't want to deal with it, that's the kind of attitude which you can have for a popular game but for a game struggling to survive like Skullgirls it's never a good idea to drive people away with elitist attitudes. Chris G understands that and he's frustrated that the Skullgirls community is driving their way into self-destruction.
    That's...not even what happeend at all. It's like with Chris and the whole anime community shit, nigga just says stupid shit.
    animu community is a joke. let them continue bitching about how every game made by capcom is broken and the lavish praise of their japanese overlords.

you know what i'm talkin about.

"mvc2 is broken because only storm,sent, cable is usable, guilty gear is more balanced" yet they have no problem with eddie.

"sf4 is dumb because of ultras" and they have has no problem killing you off one hit.

"why play umvc3 and deal with morrigan/doom? no one wants to deal with that shit" again, they have no problem with eddie.

"you're playing the game wrong. <insert japanese player> plays the character the right way and thats the only way that character"

"<insert character> is top tier because top japan players said so"
    Post edited by Ouroborus on
    ssf4ae tier list regarding Gen:

D Proto: and where is Gen?
    oORYUOo: you cannot tier what you cannot see
  • ThatJollyOlBastidThatJollyOlBastid Non-stop Climax! Joined: Posts: 19,290 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did Dogface also do that godlike CVS2 commentary back in NEC a few years ago
    "Seth is like McDonald's. You can learn to make the same burger in 2 days as the person who's worked there for 5 years" ~ Dogura
  • NickRocksNickRocks On the west side I'm screaming FUCK KD Joined: Posts: 14,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did Dogface also do that godlike CVS2 commentary back in NEC a few years ago
    idk ask @SNAAAAKE

I do know Dogface commentated his own XvSF matches though as he was playing them at EVO
  • kenmastersXkenmastersX Stone Nguyen Joined: Posts: 3,270
    edited February 2013
    I'm so sad I didn't take that bet against Noel Brown for that fight.  :(

Oh, and also I've heard stories that PR Rog has always been salty even back when he was just in Puerto Rico from people that lived there.  He's nice until you play videogames and beat him.  :x
    Post edited by kenmastersX on
    [SIZE=12px]Evo MvC3 top 32 choke artist. :([/SIZE]

[SIZE=12px]Also, I'm not Richard Nguyen's brother![/SIZE]
  • ThatJollyOlBastidThatJollyOlBastid Non-stop Climax! Joined: Posts: 19,290 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like every Puerto Rican ever
    "Seth is like McDonald's. You can learn to make the same burger in 2 days as the person who's worked there for 5 years" ~ Dogura
  • JuuMJuuM Dan sucks Joined: Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭✭
    Rokmode said:
    TMNTemps said:
    He air humped him after he beat Mihe
    Personally I'd be honored if Rog air humped me.
    UMvC3: Wesker-γ/Doom-α/Strider-γ
    Side character(s): Dormammu, Hawkeye
    Hearthstone: Rogue
  • WarpticonWarpticon Main otaku of SRK #2 Joined: Posts: 9,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guys, calm down and watch some high level EX2+.

If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the compound.
  • SNAAAAKESNAAAAKE keptyouwaitinghuh Joined: Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dont think dogface ever did cvs2 commentary on live stream.

nec cvs2 wasnt on stream. if I remember correctly, there weren't any steaming when cvs2 was official tournament game. this is pre-sf4/marvel3.
    you must defeat my Shen Long to receive the reward

• NickRocksNickRocks On the west side I'm screaming FUCK KD Joined: Posts: 14,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm only salty if I lose to MSP
    NickRocks said:
    I'm only salty if I lose to MSP
    When i lived there i recall someone throwing a controller at me over  Mortal Kombat or Alpha 3 at my home. Fun times.

And the chocolate layout makes quoting harder than it should be...
  • Phillpro1Phillpro1 Joined: Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PR Rog is a pretty big asshole at tourneys from what I've heard. There's 3 stories that I know personally that I've heard from people (including the Greenace arcade stick story) that I know how much of a douchebag he is.
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Philltastic1
    PSN: I_Love_New_York
    MvC3: Zero/Ammy/Phoenix
    Morrigan/Doom/Ammy (bloom)
  • The DukeThe Duke Joined: Posts: 14,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish Eddie was as bad as the 4 gods<br />
    And god vanilla forums are fucking garbage.<br />
    Fucking love them pyramids of quotes, let's get php 2002 in this shit
    The Quotes are suppose to auto collaspe but the html -> BBCode is fucking up. Also see the BR in quotes.
  • <Insert Name Here>&lt;Insert Name Here&gt; GUYS THIS IS NOT WHAT YOU THINK IT IS Joined: Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2013/feb/15/clockw0rk-announces-last-day-superbot/

Maybe Clock will figure out a team that isn't point Doom now.
    UMvC3: M.O.D.O.K./Doctor Doom/Dante, Wolverine/Doctor Doom/Dante || BBCP: Relius
    Give me attention: @ LaziestNameEver
    Someone fucking remind me when it's 8/14
  • ironboy89ironboy89 Beep Boop Beep Joined: Posts: 4,659 ✭✭✭
    http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2013/feb/15/clockw0rk-announces-last-day-superbot/

I think he was trying to do Point Vergil/Doom/Strider.

Once he learns RT glitch, he is basically plays a presudo MVC2 Strider/Doom.
  • CasualHeroCasualHero It's only random if it beat you. Joined: Posts: 266
    ironboy89 said:

I think he was trying to do Point Vergil/Doom/Strider.

Once he learns RT glitch, he is basically plays a presudo MVC2 Strider/Doom.
    man that sounds brutal...
    SSF4AE: Abel/Yun
    UMvC3: A Team) Spidey/MODOK/Dr. Doom Testing: Dr. Strange/RR, Magneto/Sentinel/Dante
    TTT2: Kazuya/Armor King
    SFxT2013: oh god, I'm playing like everyone trying to find a team
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Quantum Theorist. Liquid Dubstep Energy Joined: Posts: 33,304 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    He was already using Vergil/Doom/Strider for a while. I just doubt he really likes Vergil as a character that much.
    Post edited by DevilJin 01 on
    Ready for first KI at Evo 2k14 SRK'S DAY ONE XBOX ONE/KILLER INSTINCT OWNERS: DevilJin01(GLACIUS, FULGORE, SADIRA maybe Orchid), Purbeast, Koop, Rcaido, FlyingVe, Eiroheart, Onyx, Mayonaka, Lulipe, iluspook, Ultimaotaku, Rekano, Churrasco, DIEK STIEKEM ------- XBL: TheoryJin PSN: PervyJin01
    http://www.twitch.tv/fgtvlive

Champ ft Drew and Apologyman
  • ironboy89ironboy89 Beep Boop Beep Joined: Posts: 4,659 ✭✭✭
    Vineeth was already showing people how annoying Skull+Brand is with a simple neutral assist like Akuma.

Drew couldn't do anything because none of his character have a way out, and team Chou has low life.
    GC Yoshi is so good
    edited February 2013
    Ghost Rider feeling himself here. Holy crap.

Fuck man, This Ghost Rider player just OCV'd Clockwerk, Wentinel, and Y2J. Pick a top tier? nah.
    Post edited by CasualHero on
    UMvC3: A Team) Spidey/MODOK/Dr. Doom Testing: Dr. Strange/RR, Magneto/Sentinel/Dante
  • SiriusBlackSiriusBlack Nice Joined: Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭✭
    ... I can't believe I just watched that.
    Wolv/Spencer/Akuma or Wesker/Doom/Spencer
    Spencer/Doom/Ammy or Mag/Doom/Ammy because A-bomb
    http://i48.tinypic.com/1fwva0.png
  • jak d riprjak d ripr Joined: Posts: 7,308 ✭✭✭
    Yo yoshi is getting destroyed, goooood lord, this is painful to watch, he's been in this corner for 3 straight games now.
  • KJunkKJunk Joined: Posts: 2,950
    Oh my god DrewGrimey.  TOD's and Viper unblockables everywhere

Disgusting watching what a good player can do with the best characters
    When's Marvel? Go see for yourself - The UMvC3 Tournament and Stream Commentary Thread V2
  • SiriusBlackSiriusBlack Nice Joined: Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭✭
    Are these Strider comebacks real life?
    Wolv/Spencer/Akuma or Wesker/Doom/Spencer
    Spencer/Doom/Ammy or Mag/Doom/Ammy because A-bomb
    http://i48.tinypic.com/1fwva0.png
  • SixfortyfiveSixfortyfive likes Saturn pads. Joined: Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭
    www.twitch.tv/sixfortyfive

Still streaming by the way. People have woken up.
    "This is a perfectly balanced VS." - PTX-40A, Tatsunoko Vs Capcom
  • SynikaLSynikaL Melee Prophet Joined: Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭
    Viscant said:
    Chris G cares way too much about what other people think about him.  You can go through all of his problems with people in various different gaming communities for the past 2 years and in the end it all comes down to either "Chris is salty that (random person) said this about him and wants to prove him wrong" and/or "Chris feels like (random person) isn't giving him the proper respect he feels like he deserves". 

I don't blame him for it, I think a lot of it comes down to him being in his early 20s.  Everyone who ever won a lot of stuff at that age had rabbit ears.  Valle, Justin, Ricky, etc.  All of them were the same way.  Not to this extent because we didn't have twitter back then to embarrass ourselves on but still.  The fact is that he's the new Justin Wong in that he's the best at the game he spends the most time on and can reliably be a top 5 player in games he only marginally knows how to play just on pure skill.  And basically nobody that actually matters thinks otherwise.  Random stream monster chat and random twitter conversations just get under that guy's skin for some reason and eventually he'll learn that you can't get out from under that no matter what you do.  You can win Evo with Phoenix Wright and people will still shit on you for no reason at all.  That's just how this community works and eventually he'll figure it out.  Until then we can all just sit back and enjoy the show when he rages out on someone like Flocker for suggesting that Morrigan is #1 in the game. 

--Jay Snyder
    Viscant@aol.com
    I agree with this, but I also suspect that part of what makes Chris G so emotional is that he seems to be going all-in on this competitive FG thing. I suspect it's part of what makes him so good but it's also what makes him so volatile. He's young, so he can afford to do this if it turns out to be a mistake; but he doesn't seem to have, or seem to be enacting, some sort of practical Plan B at all (specific education/career goals). If that's the case; without that balance in opportunity; his visible heartbreak in regards to losing and being rejected by community members makes perfect sense. 
    "Grandad, this food is destructive!"
    "Boy, what is wrong with you? This food is your culture."
    "Then the culture's destructive."

-The Boondocks
    Ouroborus said:
    Ouroborus said:

"mvc2 is broken because only storm,sent, cable is usable, guilty gear is more balanced" yet they have no problem with eddie.

"sf4 is dumb because of ultras" and they have has no problem killing you off one hit.

"why play umvc3 and deal with morrigan/doom? no one wants to deal with that shit" again, they have no problem with eddie.

"you're playing the game wrong. <insert japanese player> plays the character the right way and thats the only way that character"

So you're talking about the equilvaent of anime stream monsters, because ay know you never see or really hear this shit at actual anime meet ups, fuck last night at Dogfight people were talking about hwo dope MVC2 is and how much they can't wait to play it at Dogifhgt. And that Japanese player thing? Yeah of course we're gonna feel that way seeing how all the best players for anime games are Japanese and they usually know more. Come on man you're smarter than this.

• OuroborusOuroborus plays 3s just to troll Joined: Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭✭
    Ouroborus said:
    Ouroborus said:

So you're talking about the equilvaent of anime stream monsters, because ay know you never see or really hear this shit at actual anime meet ups, fuck last night at Dogfight people were talking about hwo dope MVC2 is and how much they can't wait to play it at Dogifhgt. And that Japanese player thing? Yeah of course we're gonna feel that way seeing how all the best players for anime games are Japanese and they usually know more. Come on man you're smarter than this.

just hearing the team anime dude argue with chris g on stream made me cringe. and hes supposed to represent the anime community?

the whole nuthugging up to japan thing is unhealthy and frankly this is one of the reason why the community is small / doesnt get respected.  the community can't grow if all you do is nuthug and spoonfeed off japan. how about trying to find out your own tactics and strategies instead of x-copying japan?  nemo didnt came up with nova/spencer/strange by just x-copying the USA.
    ssf4ae tier list regarding Gen:

D Proto: and where is Gen?
    oORYUOo: you cannot tier what you cannot see
    That guy doesn't rep anyone. Hell the 'anime community' cringed when he got on stream.
    [quote]Alex Jebailey@CEOJebailey 21 mins
    If you haven't heard the news yet @ATLfinalround will be hosting All Capcom Fighters on XBOX 360. #FGC[/quote]

We got a real match
  • TMNTempsTMNTemps dem lats Joined: Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Ouroborus said:
    the whole nuthugging up to japan thing is unhealthy and frankly this is one of the reason why the community is small / doesnt get respected.  the community can't grow if all you do is nuthug and spoonfeed off japan. how about trying to find out your own tactics and strategies instead of x-copying japan?  nemo didnt came up with nova/spencer/strange by just x-copying the USA.
    the thing with that is Japan is so much better at anime games than NA it isn't even funny. I dunno where the breakdown is but they are just waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better. NA GGAC isn't even the same game 
    Post edited by TMNTemps on
    UMvC3: Magneto
  • cjaycrcjaycr Joined: Posts: 992 ✭✭
    What forum warriors are going to Winter Brawl next week? It's gonna be my first major and I'd be down to meet up to get some games in with my fellow SRK monsters.

Get at my Twitter if you'd like. 
    Invisibility Frames.
  • otterotter PSN: MyBodyIsInfested Joined: Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭
    cjaycr said:
    What forum warriors are going to Winter Brawl next week? It's gonna be my first major and I'd be down to meet up to get some games in with my fellow SRK monsters.

Get at my Twitter if you'd like. 
    followed. Good luck at your first major. 
    Ouroborus said:
    Ouroborus said:
    Ouroborus said:

just hearing the team anime dude argue with chris g on stream made me cringe. and hes supposed to represent the anime community?

Except the anime scene doesn't just do that, we still try to find and work on our own stuff, but if we see something good from Japane we work on incorprating it into our game, the hell is wrong with that? And you wanna get on the anime scene for being lazy and x-copying but not the Marvel scene? Really? Really nigga? Come on now stop being retarded.
    If you can honestly look me in the eye and say you've never looked at videos online or never stole a combo/tech you saw someone else do on stream/at a tournament, I'ma call you a liar.
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Quantum Theorist. Liquid Dubstep Energy Joined: Posts: 33,304 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That pyramid looks fucking awful on my phone.
    Ready for first KI at Evo 2k14 SRK'S DAY ONE XBOX ONE/KILLER INSTINCT OWNERS: DevilJin01(GLACIUS, FULGORE, SADIRA maybe Orchid), Purbeast, Koop, Rcaido, FlyingVe, Eiroheart, Onyx, Mayonaka, Lulipe, iluspook, Ultimaotaku, Rekano, Churrasco, DIEK STIEKEM ------- XBL: TheoryJin PSN: PervyJin01
This discussion has been closed.