UMvC3 Stream & Commentary Thread v2

Comments

• The DukeThe Duke Joined: Posts: 14,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That pyramid looks fucking awful on my phone.
    I respect the gradient And why does clicking quote often take me to a new page that just has the comment (like the old forums preview) when this forum only offers a live preview?
  • LegendaryDJLegendaryDJ I'm Done Joined: Posts: 2,770
    This was a lot of fun. Anyway, still going. 645 vs that crazy X-23 Merky guy.

• Buddha's WeaponBuddha's Weapon Enlightened Soul Joined: Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭
    that looks freakin sick lol
    You should never drink and drive. But you can drink and then go driving:P
  • God-is-my-RockGod-is-my-Rock AKA GimR Joined: Posts: 278
    Top 5 moments at the last Xanadu Monthly. Watch all the way through.

• OuroborusOuroborus plays 3s just to troll Joined: Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭✭
    the zero curse is real.

anytime i lose zero, my team feels disoriented despite me using the same shell with another character besides zero.
    ssf4ae tier list regarding Gen:

D Proto: and where is Gen?
    oORYUOo: you cannot tier what you cannot see
  • OMG its a duckOMG its a duck Bruh I'm in down bad bruh Joined: Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭✭
    It sucks losing the best character in the game.
  • dab00gdab00g Joined: Posts: 6,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Top 5 moments at the last Xanadu Monthly. Watch all the way through.<br />

Jeesus that fAt guy was overstretching that slimfit
  • scytheavatarscytheavatar Joined: Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭

It sucks losing the best character in the game.
    Indeed, Thor has so much health.
  • JMAC100394JMAC100394 Joined: Posts: 245 ✭✭✭
    Shame on fanatiq for trying to steal moons' shine with those cereal videos.  Moons is the only true fgc cereal aficionado 
    UMvC3: S.T.A.R.S Wesker/Dante/Iron Mam Dante/Vergil/Strider
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
  • Duck StrongDuck Strong Yin to all Yang Joined: Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    I can corroborate the claims that PR Rog is a scumbag. Every time I've seen him in person, he's always way out of line. The guy has no class, just like that shit heel FChamp.

Most of the "big name" (lulz) American top players are human garbage though, so it's no surprise. Some seem like genuinely chill people though.
    Post edited by Duck Strong on
    My youtube channel (various MVC3 vids etc.):

http://www.youtube.com/user/CrouchStrong?feature=mhsn
  • WorstPlayerWorstPlayer Calm Yourself Joined: Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well in the fighting game community in general, if you're a good player, you only value players that are good.  If you're not in their local
    scene, they probably won't show you any respect either.  The only nice people are generally the pot monsters ironically.

I've never seen Wong be an ass however.
  • WarpticonWarpticon Main otaku of SRK #2 Joined: Posts: 9,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's going a bit far, but there is definitely a bit of "nice once you get to know him" syndrome in the scene, for what it's worth.
    If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the compound.
  • DankeDanke Superior Tech. Joined: Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭✭
    Wong has had some moments in the past, mostly with emp, where I've some stories about scummery but in his defense every time I talk to him he seems like a good guy.
    XBL GT: Das Danke Twitter: https://twitter.com/DasDanke
    http://www.youtube.com/user/TeamBrownTown (Fighting game tips, tricks, and combo videos including the Superior Tech series.)
    http://www.twitch.tv/dasdanke (*NEW* Streaming my Marvel adventures periodically; I will prove Spencer is the worst by winning with him!*NEW*)
  • ClimhazzardousClimhazzardous I am home Countess! Joined: Posts: 398 ✭✭
    edited February 2013
    The hilarity of feeling some type of alpha male syndrome over videogames...fucking lames. Show me some real money or a model or something worthwhile and then maybe you can act like hot shit. Its even worse when you know these niggas couldnt fight out of wet paper bag
    Post edited by Climhazzardous on
  • Phillpro1Phillpro1 Joined: Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Philltastic1
    PSN: I_Love_New_York
    MvC3: Zero/Ammy/Phoenix
    Morrigan/Doom/Ammy (bloom)
  • BigRedMooseBigRedMoose Can't sell me muffins Joined: Posts: 204 ✭✭
    Any interaction I've had with Dieminion or Yipes has generally been chill. Even Wolfkrone. Things only get weird when you enter a conversation by putting the person on a pedestal. 
    Anyone can win a fight when the odds are easy! Its when the goings tough - when there seems to be no chance - thats when it counts!
    - Amazing Spiderman #33

Wolverine/Frank/Dante

Makoto

Johnny/Millia
    Any interaction I've had with Dieminion or Yipes has generally been chill. Even Wolfkrone. Things only get weird when you enter a conversation by putting the person on a pedestal. 

Which a lot of monsters do, some random gamer dude who I accepted as a "friend" on my facebook wrote on his status "Omg I just met Gooteks, I was star struck."
  • p.m novaroad pilotp.m novaroad pilot Joined: Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭
    Good shit on dieminiomons part 
    his morrigan looks better 
    wanted him to win more 
    team bias lol 

kai did good too some of those zero confirms were really cool to see
    Gootecks is a pretty slimy individual as well, but Mike Ross has always been a pretty swell guy. Ross always comes off as genuine when he talks to you, but you always get the feeling Ryan is just talking to you because he can get something out of it. I'm happy for Mike getting a job at IPL. He put in the work and is probably the most deserving guy to get it.

I've been involved pretty closely with Canada Cup for a while now, so I know for a fact this is more than just coincidence.

Basically, as soon as they smell a bit of money they start squabbling and behaving like children. It's all the more hilarious because the amounts they're fighting over are fairly trivial for anyone with a real job. I can't take a $20 money match very seriously, but to them it's like their next meal depends on it.

Exhibit A:

Mind you, this does not apply to everyone I've met. Justin, though I'm sure this has come after a lot of maturing, comes off as a nice enough guy, if a little forced sometimes. Floe is pretty chill, Valle seems pretty straight up too. Dacidbro is like the nicest guy you'll ever meet. There are exceptions, but the most visible guys are mostly assholes.

Just my 2 cents.

• qoqonutsqoqonuts New Member Joined: Posts: 487
    I briefly talked to Mike Ross at Evo 2011.  I was running Marvel semi-final pools at the time and he happened to be in the next one.  So I'm tracking down players and setting up matches and when I get to Mike Ross I said to him, "You're still in winners?"  He laughed.  Seems like a real nice guy.

Combofiend seems like a nice guy too.  He stopped by during his Blazblue pool to let me know that he wasn't going to play his matches.
  • Lord_RaptorLord_Raptor Joined: Posts: 8,465 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dacid is my boy but like alot of people in the scene he does some scumbag things now and again.
    Are you right? Are you READY!?
    www.twitter.com/HakethKOTB
  • ThatJollyOlBastidThatJollyOlBastid Non-stop Climax! Joined: Posts: 19,290 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    WorstPlayer said: I don't know what's more amusing, the actual length of the video or the fact that like 8 people are recording the conversation like some historic event.
    To be fair I'd love to record a bunch of grown men acting like pansies too 
    Post edited by ThatJollyOlBastid on
    "Seth is like McDonald's. You can learn to make the same burger in 2 days as the person who's worked there for 5 years" ~ Dogura
  • McTeaseMcTease Nay Joined: Posts: 404 ✭✭✭
    LI Joe is by far the friendliest 'top player'.

Have a conversation with the man and see what I mean.
    Don't say my car's topless, say the titties is out.
  • VorkosiganVorkosigan AWOOOGA Joined: Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    +1 to Mike Ross being a pretty cool guy. I've heard people say that his nice guy thing is all an act, but it's not.  You can strike up a conversation about anything with him and he'll give you his full attention (in my case it was music). Dude is the PERFECT PR man, I only wish Capcom picked him up instead of IPL. 

Despite my avatar choice I actually disliked Gootecks from the moment I met him (AI back in 09). He does come off like he's got some secret agenda, like Duck Strong said. I'll be damned if he doesn't make some funny faces though.
    Post edited by Vorkosigan on
    A few years ago (my mother) asked if I beat Justin Wong at Evo. The shame I felt in saying no made me seriously consider suicide right there on the spot. - Viscant
    The hilarity of feeling some type of alpha male syndrome over videogames...fucking lames. Show me some real money or a model or something worthwhile and then maybe you can act like hot shit. Its even worse when you know these niggas couldnt fight out of wet paper bag
    Gootecks is a pretty slimy individual as well, but Mike Ross has always been a pretty swell guy. Ross always comes off as genuine when he talks to you, but you always get the feeling Ryan is just talking to you because he can get something out of it. I'm happy for Mike getting a job at IPL. He put in the work and is probably the most deserving guy to get it.

I've been involved pretty closely with Canada Cup for a while now, so I know for a fact this is more than just coincidence.

Basically, as soon as they smell a bit of money they start squabbling and behaving like children. It's all the more hilarious because the amounts they're fighting over are fairly trivial for anyone with a real job. I can't take a $20 money match very seriously, but to them it's like their next meal depends on it.

Exhibit A:

Mind you, this does not apply to everyone I've met. Justin, though I'm sure this has come after a lot of maturing, comes off as a nice enough guy, if a little forced sometimes. Floe is pretty chill, Valle seems pretty straight up too. Dacidbro is like the nicest guy you'll ever meet. There are exceptions, but the most visible guys are mostly assholes.

Just my 2 cents.
     I don't know what's more amusing, the actual length of the video or the fact that like 8 people are recording the conversation like some historic event.
    Hey!!! I was one of those people, lol.

I just had to capture the moment for posterity

• KJunkKJunk Joined: Posts: 2,950
    Danke said:
    Dacid came down here for sbo quals two years ago, cried when he lost, cried when he lost money matches, and has talked a massive amount of shit since then.

He also still plays blue bang despite the fact that he lost the rights in a color match, which is imo disgraceful.
    Surprisingly more high stakes than most money matches.  Looking at the character select screen and realizing something is off limits to you?  Painful.
    When's Marvel? Go see for yourself - The UMvC3 Tournament and Stream Commentary Thread V2
  • P. GorathP. Gorath the crackdown Joined: Posts: 6,614
    NickGuy says justin was only on top in mvc2 for 3 years, then viscant says ChrisG is the Justin of Ultimate?  

I think the new forum is screwing with some peoples minds...
  • p0tat0 5aladp0tat0 5alad I like orange. Joined: Posts: 922 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Combofiend seems like a cool guy. I met him at CEO and we talked about Spencer/Task synergy (this was around when he switched back to his Vanilla team). Granted it was in stream chat but my friend was streaming the salty suite of Season's Beatings and Infrit was posting under his name and we talked about Vanilla team and anchor Nova and he seemed really cool. And Dacidbro came to our room at Final Round to play Marvel and I had nothing but good impressions besides the fact that I thought he was sandbagging.
    UMvC3 - Spencer/Task/Skrull
    AE - Abel
  • phantasyphantasy Smash Journeyman Joined: Posts: 6,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • DankeDanke Superior Tech. Joined: Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    KJunk said:
    Danke said:
    Dacid came down here for sbo quals two years ago, cried when he lost, cried when he lost money matches, and has talked a massive amount of shit since then.

He also still plays blue bang despite the fact that he lost the rights in a color match, which is imo disgraceful.
    Surprisingly more high stakes than most money matches.  Looking at the character select screen and realizing something is off limits to you?  Painful.
    It's the most terrifying thing one could do. A Gold Iron Man color match would be near life and death for me and I don't even want to think about not being able to pick my Colors of Autumn Multi palette.
    Post edited by Danke on
    XBL GT: Das Danke Twitter: https://twitter.com/DasDanke
    http://www.youtube.com/user/TeamBrownTown (Fighting game tips, tricks, and combo videos including the Superior Tech series.)
    http://www.twitch.tv/dasdanke (*NEW* Streaming my Marvel adventures periodically; I will prove Spencer is the worst by winning with him!*NEW*)
    Combofiend seems like a cool guy. I met him at CEO and we talked about Spencer/Task synergy (this was around when he switched back to his Vanilla team). Granted it was in stream chat but my friend was streaming the salty suite of Season's Beatings and Infrit was posting under his name and we talked about Vanilla team and anchor Nova and he seemed really cool. And Dacidbro came to our room at Final Round to play Marvel and I had nothing but good impressions besides the fact that I thought he was sandbagging.

Nothing beats saying you met someone on a stream chat. Talk about impersonal hahaha
  • Tickle BrisketTickle Brisket Joined: Posts: 72
    Am I the only one kinda disturbed that people are making these grand statements regarding who's a scumbag and who's nice after interacting briefly with them like one or 2 times?
    First impressions are one thing,but it takes alot more than that to get to know someone let alone talk about what kind of person they are.
  • p0tat0 5aladp0tat0 5alad I like orange. Joined: Posts: 922 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nothing beats saying you met someone on a stream chat. Talk about impersonal hahaha
    The thing is, I said he "seemed" cool. Should have been taken for a grain of salt anyways. And he was directly answering my questions because we were the only ones typing. I bet if it was Yipes, my post would have been acceptable. It's cool though, I understand...
    UMvC3 - Spencer/Task/Skrull
    AE - Abel
  • BigRedMooseBigRedMoose Can't sell me muffins Joined: Posts: 204 ✭✭
    Am I the only one kinda disturbed that people are making these grand statements... 
    Oh god, we've become the tier thread.
    Anyone can win a fight when the odds are easy! Its when the goings tough - when there seems to be no chance - thats when it counts!
    - Amazing Spiderman #33

Wolverine/Frank/Dante

Makoto

Johnny/Millia
  • Negative-Zer0Negative-Zer0 Joined: Posts: 5,675 ✭✭✭✭✭

The thing is, I said he "seemed" cool. Should have been taken for a grain of salt anyways. And he was directly answering my questions because we were the only ones typing. I bet if it was Yipes, my post would have been acceptable. It's cool though, I understand...
    What the hell are you talking about?
    If everyone else could move upwards socially, so can blacks. They are just dumb.
    "This comparison ignores the unique history of discrimination against Black people in America. Over the past four centuries, Black history has included nearly 250 years of slavery, 100 years of legalized discrimination, and only 50 years of anything else. Jews and Asians, on the other hand, are populations that immigrated to North America and included doctors, lawyers, professors, and entrepreneurs among their ranks. Moreover, European Jews are able to function as part of the White majority. To expect Blacks to show the same upward mobility as Jews and Asians is to deny the historical and social reality that Black people face."
  • NooneyouknowNooneyouknow Joined: Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭
    I told Viscant "Good shit last night Jay!" Sunday morning at Evo 2011 and he smiled, waved back and said 'Thanks!". What a total douche.

The above is pure sarcasm for people who can't tell. I feel I have to add this because I firmly believe any of us still actively reading and posting on SRK since the vanilla switch have brain damage.
    XBL:Nooneyouknow13
  • DrewGrimeyDrewGrimey Joined: Posts: 1,835
    edited February 2013
    KJunk said:
    Oh my god DrewGrimey.  TOD's and Viper unblockables everywhere

Disgusting watching what a good player can do with the best characters
    Here's the set you were referring too
    Post edited by DrewGrimey on
    Viper/Vergil/Strider - Just playing the game to it's full potential
  • AceKillahAceKillah EXS of Greed Joined: Posts: 15,365 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    I beat this dude with XF3 Strider/Vergil/Ammy/Mags and he didnt even shake my hand.

What a scumbag.

Anyway too much gossip not enough marvel imo.
    Post edited by AceKillah on
    Took the litmus paper test, said I'm based.
  • The DukeThe Duke Joined: Posts: 14,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    AceKillah said:
    I beat this dude with XF3 Strider/Vergil/Ammy/Mags and he didnt even shake my hand.

What a scumbag.

Anyway too much gossip not enough marvel imo.
    The trick there is to kiss the guy Buggs Bunny style
  • Mr.PaVy-RDMr.PaVy-RD Joined: Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    thats actually how everyone at next level acts 
    I block better in Marvel than i do in Streetfighter :(

3s-Yang/Urien/Dudley
    Ae2012-Yun/Yang/Seth/Ryu/Cody/Dudley
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
    Well in any competitive sport if you value that sport then the person who is better than you at your sport of choice will be given an air of superiority. If not by themselves by the magic elves in your own head.
This discussion has been closed.