Dear Skullgirls

guitalex2007guitalex2007 Joined: Posts: 3,023
Dear Skullgirls,

I know you're wondering why I'm not playing you right now. You have your suspicions and I'm going to clear the air.

I'm cheating on you. With Pokemon Conquest.

It's just a passing fling, I promise. I know you're looking for a more sophisticated gamer and Pokemon is for children, but I like the strategy. I'm not saying you don't require strategy.

Please don't be upset. I still love you.

.......but I'm THIS close to beating Nobunaga. I need a couple of days.

Love you,
Al
Ms. Fortune is great. Everybody likes a little head action every now and then.
Stream here! Follow @guitalex on Twitter for stream updates!
·

Comments

• KidPandaKidPanda PandaParade Joined: Posts: 305
    How is the game? im not familiar with that gameplay stuff but it looks pretty interesting.
    PSN & XBL: KidPanda14 - SkullGirls (Fortune/ Valentine)
    ·
  • SaikoJoshSaikoJosh CRUNCH TIME Joined: Posts: 694
    P.S. lose some weight you fat slut
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    BIG THUG NUTZ
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    ·
  • guitalex2007guitalex2007 Joined: Posts: 3,023
    How is the game? im not familiar with that gameplay stuff but it looks pretty interesting.
    The gameplay is closer to something like Disgaea or Tactics games. You have up to 6 units, each has only one Pokemon with one move, and two abilities: one specific to the warlord and one specific to the Pokemon.

Of course the attack determines the range and type, and there is where the Pokemon part comes in (whereas in other Tactics games strengths and weaknesses are based on weapons, here it's on the attack type vs. the opponent's Pokemon type). The terrain comes into play as well; some Pokemon evade attacks more often in their favorite terrain, etc.

Each warlord can carry a certain number of Pokemon, but there is ONE Pokemon out there (out of only about 200, thankfully) for every different warlord where they can reach the highest strength with. It's based on something called a Link, and experience is given in link %, but you can only get 100% link with a certain Pokemon for each warlord. So to go into battle in the fire castle of Ignis, you'll need to find people carrying water Pokemon, or find warlord that like Water Pokemon more and get them to befriend (link with) a water Pokemon and battle with it to strengthen it.

The higher the link, the stronger the Pokemon and the better that one Pokemon's move becomes.

It's certainly the best Pokemon spinoff I've ever played.
    ·
    Game sounds pretty interesting afterall. the linking bit sounds pretty unique.
    i do love pokemon, and i had tons of fun in tactics. best of both worlds it sounds like.
    ill probably sleep on this and buy it in the morning. thanks.
    ·
  • XthAtGAm3RGuYXXthAtGAm3RGuYX Yeah. Sure. Joined: Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool story
    Unchallenged owner of worst user name on SRK

AE: Juri(Main), Ken(work in progress)::::UMvC3: Felicia/Dante/Doom::::SkullGirls: Squigly/Fortune
    Not enough Dragonballs between all three of the shows to keep you unbanned - Pertho
    ·
  • Austin_QEDAustin_QED "It's Whoop-Ass Time!" Joined: Posts: 1,739
    Dear Skullgirls,

I know you're wondering why I'm not playing you right now. You have your suspicions and I'm going to clear the air.

I'm cheating on you. With Pokemon Conquest.

It's just a passing fling, I promise. I know you're looking for a more sophisticated gamer and Pokemon is for children, but I like the strategy. I'm not saying you don't require strategy.

Please don't be upset. I still love you.

.......but I'm THIS close to beating Nobunaga. I need a couple of days.

Love you,
    Al
    It's okay, I'm cheating on Skullgirls with WOW.

I forgot how fun that game could be if you had a legit guild.
    ·
  • DanDanDanDan Yeah! Joined: Posts: 1,209 ✭✭
    Why are you talking about a video game in that tone?

It's straight out of Kotaku's comment section.
    KOF and AE 2012
    ·
  • ArachnofiendArachnofiend Double Uzis and a Wink Joined: Posts: 2,058
    Yeah I still need to get Conquest.

Fire Emblem is still my favorite game, since I have confirmation that Conquest doesn't totally suck there's no good reason I wouldn't like that game too.
    Skullgirls: Peacock/Parasoul Marvel 2: BB Hood/Juggernaut/Ruby Heart Marvel 3: Tron/Strange/Skrull BlazBlue CSE: Hazama Vampire Savior: BB Hood
    ·
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird New and Improved Joined: Posts: 12,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I been spending less time with Skullgirls and been seeing Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown more. It never makes me wait.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    ·
  • Sanger ZonvoltSanger Zonvolt Future Cyberbots Pro Joined: Posts: 1,529
    I've been playing some other stuff recently as well, Soul Nomad, Masoukishin, etc.

Going to start Disgaea 4 soon.
    Sword of Sophia and fightan games
    Cyberbots: Super-8 & Helion
    Vampire Savior: Lilith, Jedah, and Demitri
    Skullgirls: Painwheel/Filia/Squigly
    ·
  • BoodendorfBoodendorf Imposing your will is a matter of strength. Joined: Posts: 1,464
    Been the same for me, been playing PSO2 and Anarchy Reigns' demo, having a blast.
    Still waiting for the SG patch tho.
    "‎I don't know if you've ever let someone down, got your ass kicked or straight up failed. But those are the moments that define us. They push you further than you've ever thought possible, and force you to make choices. No matter what the cost." — Cole MacGrath
    Check out my youtube channel here!
    Skullgirls: Hamburger/Befstróganov/Filet Mignon ლ(´ڡ`ლ)
    ·
  • Uncivilized ElkUncivilized Elk Joined: Posts: 713
    I call bullshit on this.
    and Pokemon is for children

Like hell.

And the highest sophistication level you can have is one you attain while playing Pokemon.
    PSN: Uncivilized_Elk
    ·
  • GirugaMarcGirugaMarc Joined: Posts: 350
    I'm cheating on it with everything until this fucking patch comes out :s
    ·
  • InxplotchInxplotch Internet wanderer Joined: Posts: 379
    I call bullshit on this.

Like hell.

And the highest sophistication level you can have is one you attain while playing Pokemon.
    Pokemon also brings out the worst in people. It is a powerful game.

Anyway, I've been playing skullgirls less because I have a game backlog I need to work through this summer. I'll play more when the patch comes out and it doesn't suck tp find games on PSN.
    ·
  • KhaosMuffinsKhaosMuffins Bushido Brown Joined: Posts: 61
    I, too, have momentarily abandoned Skullgirls for the beauty that is Phantasy Star Online 2. Screw this 27 hour maintenance, though. :/
    I need that Skullgirls Turbo patch now.
    "I'm looking for more moe."

Skullgirls: Ms. Fortune - P4U: Akihiko - Guilty Gear: Jam
    XBL: KhaosMuffins, Twitter: @KhaosMuffins
    ·
  • Raging GhostRaging Ghost Anarchic Witchkiller Joined: Posts: 165
    If this patch comes out after anything I was hyped for, that game's (Skullgirls) going down.
    ·
  • palipali PSN:Heavyjugz Joined: Posts: 976
    Of course it is.
    ·
  • evilweevleevilweevle Xbox GT : MrFossy Joined: Posts: 4,014 ✭✭✭
    Pokemon is godlike, especially once you start EV training.

fixed it for you.
    3DS friend code : 0232 8273 2994
    ·
  • palipali PSN:Heavyjugz Joined: Posts: 976
    It died after gold and silver.

Let it go.
    ·
  • OneSanitariumOneSanitarium BASARA Joined: Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭
    BW is probably the best thing about Pokemon thus far. The only way it's not better than GSC is the nostalgia factor. BW was fun, it was refreshing, and it wasn't the horror that was DPP.
    ·
  • MetallixMetallix Lilly, Not Changed a Bit Joined: Posts: 126
    I've been cheating on it with UMVC3. Which I now realize is like going behind your wife's back with a hooker you met at McDonald's.

Once the patch comes, we shall reunite. At least, until AC+R hits PSN...
    PSN ID: XaltMile
    Waiting for Xrd
    ·
    fixed it for you.

You did it wrong. Here it is, in the correct form:
    Pokemon is godlike, especially if you RNG and EV train.

The RNG part is crucially important. Because breeding that same goddamn Poke for 12 hours to only get two to three 31 IV stats, and settle for everything else to be around 20, is about the most boring thing ever. Taking 10 minutes to RNG a poke on the other hand, woot woot.

And if you don't check IVs at all, that's a total of 180 stat points you're leaving up to chance! EV training allows you to attribute 127. They are both vitally important for battles between real trainers!

(Or, of course, you could save all the time and effort and just play Pokemon Online.)
    ·
    Pokemon Conquest looks like the best Pokemon game to come out in a long time.
    ·
    Pokemon Conquest looks like the best Pokemon game to come out in a long time.

You mean, other than the rest of the non-spinoff handheld games which allow competitive battling? Then yeah.
    ·
    my favorite pokemon titles were the ranger series. Growing up with rouge type games and pokemon were instant sell for me.
    ·
    You mean, other than the rest of the non-spinoff handheld games which allow competitive battling? Then yeah.
    I mean compared to how stale Pokemon has become, also I have no respect for competitive Pokemon. Spinning_Prinny.gif
    ·
    As soon as you start playing Pokemon competitively, it loses its last shred of fun.

Even with the best team, best typing, best stats, best abilities, best movesets, it's still a game of chance. One critical hit will lose you the game.
    ·
  • St. MinoritySt. Minority USAF SF Joined: Posts: 147
    One critical hit will lose you the game.

That's why you carry a shit ton of revives. lol
    1st PSN: hell-on-dem-hoes
    2nd PSN: Xrainbow_kittyX

"Name something you clench." "Your butt cheeks."
    ·
    That's why you carry a shit ton of revives. lol
    As soon as you start playing Pokemon competitively, it loses its last shred of fun.
    You can't use Revives in competitive Pokemon.
    ·
  • shiningnegroshiningnegro Joined: Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭
    You can't use Revives in competitive Pokemon.
    focus band that shit! competitive pokemon between friends is jokes, that serious stuff you gotta travel for i dunno bout that.
    Lone Wolf Pack Interactive (New Indie Game Company)
    PSN: OneNappyNinja
    Main Games: TTT2 (Mains - Lily/Bruce) & SSF4:AE2012 (Main - Ibuki)
    SRK Fairy Gym Leader (Wifi) Friend Code: 1693-0954-9411
    ·

Until you start playing competitive Pokemon, it isn't any fun.
    ·
  • OneSanitariumOneSanitarium BASARA Joined: Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭
    Until you start playing competitive Pokemon, it isn't any fun.
    I find the games fun either way. :<
    Except Gen 4. Diamond was hell for me.
    ·
  • Scrub SaibotScrub Saibot IT'S ME AUSTIN! Joined: Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭
    So I guess this is the new GD thread
    YOU ALL BOUGHT IT!
    EVEN MY FAMILY, EVEN MY IMMEDIATE FAMILY BOUGHT IT!
    ·
  • DaRabidDuckieDaRabidDuckie Happiest. Duck. Ever. Joined: Posts: 9,765 mod
    Nice try.

Check out rule #15 of the Terms and Conditions... you know, what you guys legally agreed to when joining this site:
    15. Trolling is classified as sitting on the forums and posting nothing productive. This includes posting with the intention of being insulting towards someone when it's entirely unprovoked. Some people also post with the intention of doing nothing but irritating the mods. That accomplishes nothing and wastes too much bandwidth. Trollers who can't post anything productive will be banned at anytime an administrator feels you are abusing the system.

Please, tell me how this thread is productive. Go ahead, I'm not going to EVO. I have time. :coffee:

edit: *snickers* Relax, I'm just fucking with you guys. But no, seriously... this thread can't stay open. Sorry. >.>
    Only modding at tournaments now. I'm no longer taking mail order jobs. Please don't ask.
    "Being degrading or insulting is not the same as being hype. Huh, I think I just solved the problem with the entire community." -- Mike Z on the FGC

·
This discussion has been closed.