The Bama Thread - ALT Costume 6

Comments

• Nice1Nice1 PROFOUND SADNESS Joined: Posts: 233
    P4U in a nutshell
    *match starts, you begin winning*
    *start fucking up your supposed hot shit*
    *FUCK IT*
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA UNTIL IT WORKS. Not working? PERSONA GET YO ASS IN HERE.
    *persona breaks*
    Maaaaaan shit.

The game I feel like it's overhyped to hell, but it's a good game. Also, niggas thinking that the auto combos wont be useful in high level play is wrong. Nigga if my opponent has 20% or less life and he/she just whiffed and I got a big punish in front of me, you think imma try hot shit or go for the quick fix? Imma mash my A button until it breaks lol. I'll be up on Persona soon though.
    el oh el....
  • MikuruXMikuruX ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌ Scrubby! Joined: Posts: 499
    Auto combos have their uses but I due to them using meter, I'll rather stick to my main BnBs unless I get a brain fart and can't think of shit and only then will I be mashing A like a boss. Regardless, it's a good game to play....hell, at least it beats playing Blazblue in my book for right now.....until Aquapazza comes out.
    Playing Scrubby Since 1996 | "You Suck But It Can't Be Helped! ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌"
    Aquapazza: Chizuru/Riannon | AH3: Elsa (Fire) | P4U: Chie | UNIB: Waldstein | DBFCI: Kirino, Yuuki, Kuroko
    Blade Arcus: Urayukihime | Koihime Enbu: Everyone | Chaos Code: NSOC: Lupinus, Rui | Nitro+ Blasterz: Ruili
  • rt837rt837 THE HOP Joined: Posts: 96
    @pauliwood

I'm gonna fuck on your bed.
    I was hyped for Dong Dong Never Die, and I was really disappointed. Never again; fuck you Skullgirls.
  • RykerRyker Let me see you grit those teeth! Joined: Posts: 21
    So, out of curiosity, if I were able to host weeklies in Montgomery for P4A, would I get a turnout. Not something crazy, but a group. I want to level up, but being caught in Greenville is killing me. I think I have a venue and I know I've got the gear to stream/record.
    Kamina_Signature_by_DarkfireXtreme.png
  • FreeswayFreesway Yuuuuup Joined: Posts: 386
    I would be interested. I'm really liking the game and hoping it keeps a scene around here.
    "On my own dick like I'm layin' on my stomach"

http://www.last.fm/user/freeway4885
    I see names of people interested, in the game. Where are they? What areas in state? I've always been playing but never able to compete because I was in Mobile which had absolutely no scene at the time. Now I'm close enough to travel to stuff and I really don't give a shit about pumping gas money to get to events when they aren't all at least three hours away. I'm playing P4A and would be interested in getting back into SF or getting into KoF, I just need to know who's around. I'm not against traveling an hour away on most weekends (and some weekdays) to chill if there's a scene to support it. Since I moved to this town, I've got NOBODY to hang with, so most of my free time is up for grabs.
  • AnotakAnotak mad scientist Joined: Posts: 1,890
    theres quite a few people in montgomery and some in dothan those are probably the closest to greenville
  • SixfortyfiveSixfortyfive likes Saturn pads. Joined: Posts: 1,807
    So, out of curiosity, if I were able to host weeklies in Montgomery for P4A, would I get a turnout. Not something crazy, but a group. I want to level up, but being caught in Greenville is killing me. I think I have a venue and I know I've got the gear to stream/record.
    You met Joseph K yet? Dunno if he's into Persona or what his SRK name was, but he's the only player in Greenville I know of.
    "This is a perfectly balanced VS." - PTX-40A, Tatsunoko Vs Capcom
  • Green AceGreen Ace Not playing Jago's team Joined: Posts: 654
    Are any of you guys planning on going to Tampa this weekend. It's a pretty far ride for you guys but there going to be a lot people/competition there.
    Me:what the fuck? It costs $10 to get into Orlando.
    Me:Is Orlando a country now?
    Pain: yeah, it's the land of the free.
    Me: LOLOLOL
    As long as he plays something not named Marvel, I'd be happy. Marvel is not my game. I'll play some, but that is not a main attraction for me.

Get me in contact, I wasn't expecting to see anyone anywhere closer than Montgomery.
  • Togo OppocoatTogo Oppocoat Gouken!!! Joined: Posts: 100
    XBL tag is Massive Cosby. New to Birmingham. Hit me up if you'd like to play SF4 in person or online! Gouken player.
  • SakiSaki Gently Falling Joined: Posts: 11
    Why couldn't you be near Montgomery when I was in Birmingham?

Though my distance isn't that great from some scenes that aren't AU Montgomery. If anything I need to get in with the Huntsville players.
  • PsyKoTikPsyKoTik Live Free or Stay Free Joined: Posts: 20
    As long as he plays something not named Marvel, I'd be happy. Marvel is not my game. I'll play some, but that is not a main attraction for me.

Get me in contact, I wasn't expecting to see anyone anywhere closer than Montgomery.
    Yo, this is Joseph. I didn't expect ANYONE to even know what a bloody fighter was in Greenville. AE is my main game and I play almost any 2d fighter once. I do play Marvel a bit, but only casually.Also been wanting to try P4A, but too broke atm so relearning BB for CP release. If you've been by Walgreens here I'm the fat dude with the dyed hair.
    Just say when, bro. I'm working from from 8:00 till 5:00 and have a late class on Monday from 5:30 to 8:00pm. Tell me a time, we can meet up. I'm straight ass at AE because I quit after Super, but I want to get back in. I also really want to hit P4A.

XBox or 360?
  • PsyKoTikPsyKoTik Live Free or Stay Free Joined: Posts: 20
    Probably Sat. or Sun. if you're down for one of those days. I've got both ps3 and 360 ,but only have marvel on ps3 along with a couple of old shitty ps1 fighters Could meet up about noon or 1:00 if you want.
    Well, Saturday, I need to go to Montgomery. Sunday can work or somewhere closer to 3:00 on Saturday so I have time to get back (I'm checking on a venue for a tournament series off of Shoryuken that may be interested in supporting weeklies for P4A as well). You're welcome to come with if you want.

You want to do something this weekend, then let's do something this weekend, but let's go to Pizza Hut or something tomorrow or Friday. I'd like to get to know people in the area. May go by Walgreens, I'm the skinny white guy in the Auburn cap.

PMed you my number, text me. For now, I'm heading to a class.
  • Nagato/Kisame1992Nagato/Kisame1992 Dat "dropped combo" feeling Joined: Posts: 667
    Ok everyone knows Sept 1st tourney coming up and it looks like its gonna be pretty big. Shoutouts to Raekwon for the new venue along with the Gardendale cats and homies. School just started back up for me, so I won't have nearly as much time to dig into games lately. I also will be even more poor meaning if I do make the Sept 1st tourney, I'm just gonna casual it up and try to TO or something. Looks like we may have a lot of out of state guests and at ATK, our state took Marvel/KOF(yay for me)/AE Teams and whatnot. However, more games will be on display so I hope we take EVERYTHING except T6 since GA may be coming but fuck that. We gonna show why AL is worth mentioning when niggas say "Who has the best players in the south" and whatnot and we will break them out of state folks off somethin.' *Niggato rises*

Also, gonna be so busy I cant even make the shop on tuesdays or thursdays. However, come October I will have a new schedule without no working weekends(at this point sept 1st is up in the air for me in terms of work). I wont be dead though.... until November thanks to H4 but yeah. I'll holla tho, you already know whats good.
    KOF13 characters I play: Kim/Andy/Iori/Ex Iori/Joe/Shen/Ex Kyo/Hwa/Kyo/K/Ralf/Mature and the list goes on.
    Well, Saturday, I need to go to Montgomery. Sunday can work or somewhere closer to 3:00 on Saturday so I have time to get back (I'm checking on a venue for a tournament series off of Shoryuken that may be interested in supporting weeklies for P4A as well). You're welcome to come with if you want.

You want to do something this weekend, then let's do something this weekend, but let's go to Pizza Hut or something tomorrow or Friday. I'd like to get to know people in the area. May go by Walgreens, I'm the skinny white guy in the Auburn cap.

PMed you my number, text me. For now, I'm heading to a class.
    If you're gonna be in the area Saturday night, let me know. Could possibly meet up at GTSouth for some P4A if you want.

• takinflighttakinflight Victory Declaration Joined: Posts: 2,872
    XBL tag is Massive Cosby. New to Birmingham. Hit me up if you'd like to play SF4 in person or online! Gouken player.
    Add him and get at him!

gouken haters! Be ready for an ass whoopin
    In todays politcal climate , its hard to identify who is an ally and who is aligned with evil. My name is TAKIN FLIGHT and I approve this gamer tag!
    E3 1999 Staples Center: Immediately after Capcoms Alpha 3 tournament, which we apparently just missed....2 friends and I line up to the left of the main stage, hop on that alpha tre, we take almost a good 30 games straight from group of East Asian players.
    Its after a 22 hit Akuma tatsu juggle to end 1st match, the Japanese guy on P2, looks over and says " Damn its like that?" as I jump on, Im laughing quietly shrugging my shoulders. My friend goes "Hell ya fool! Wattup!? " and begins full up-rock, windmill to continuation and then pops back up in a bboy stance. Asian press chick/gf with them takes a couple pics of us and a couple of them and us. Later asks if we knew the guys we just beat...get this......Japans 2-8 aka Worlds 2-?? at that time? GTFO! i didnt follow any tourney shit, back then. We all laughed with a so what...a bit later them shrooms started kickin innnnnnn :-)
    We also go on buying Ice T a drink a couple hours later, parlayed for a good min,got a photo w him and us, played like Sega rally or some shit with the dude. Hes a great guy btw....later we try to get Coolio stoned while following his lil click around trying to figure out for one if his hair was real and secondly,who the hell were these dudes he was with,because these dudes were NOT in the Fantastic Voyage, or Gangsters Paradise videos and we kept asking them to spit something, we were beat boxing for some lady at Zoopit...??? wtf? where'd they go??? lol... We close out the night heckling Jay Leno, his chin and jeans as he gets ready to do some bs tech show interview , like pre tech TV

The End.
  • NegroDinamitaNegroDinamita A smart nigga, that do dumb shit Joined: Posts: 514
    Havent been on here in a min I haven't been playing yet again -_- but still im gonna go to the b'ham tourney, looking forward to seeing yall niggas.
    XBL GT: JaggaMindTricks
    I HEARD YOU LIKE JUICE NIGGA
  • jaiwhite205jaiwhite205 Skullgirls PC :D Joined: Posts: 1,125
    When is the next time Bham will be going to Huntsville?
    PSN: underK1ller
  • MikuruXMikuruX ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌ Scrubby! Joined: Posts: 499
    For some reason, I'm kinda regretting that I showed Lamar some of the stuff I have cooked up for P4A but I guess all the better if it means a better turn out at the tournament. Good games to him at GTSouth last night and hopefully someone will be up there tonight so I can get some more practice in.
    Playing Scrubby Since 1996 | "You Suck But It Can't Be Helped! ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌"
    Aquapazza: Chizuru/Riannon | AH3: Elsa (Fire) | P4U: Chie | UNIB: Waldstein | DBFCI: Kirino, Yuuki, Kuroko
    Blade Arcus: Urayukihime | Koihime Enbu: Everyone | Chaos Code: NSOC: Lupinus, Rui | Nitro+ Blasterz: Ruili
  • PauliwoodPauliwood The Platformer Joined: Posts: 99
    What it do it's ya boy Thor Molecules hollin WOOO like Ric Flair from the mountaintop namsayin. Word is bond we comin to take the money on Sept 1. That is all
    "You wanna see me come out on Frame 1?" -Tony
  • Nice1Nice1 PROFOUND SADNESS Joined: Posts: 233
    What it do it's ya boy Thor Molecules hollin WOOO like Ric Flair from the mountaintop namsayin. Word is bond we comin to take the money on Sept 1. That is all

• ArjayArjay Joy & Rapture Joined: Posts: 31
    I haven't been here in almost two months. True to form, I completely missed the new thread. Personally, I blame Virtua Fighter 5 FS.

Still playing a little Super Street Fighter 4 AE, Mortal Kombat and Soul Calibur V as well. I bought Persona 4 Arena almost 2 weeks ago. So far, I've managed to take the box out of the shrink wrap. That's an improvement for me.
    There's only so much you can learn playing against the computer
    PSN Screen Name : Arjay9975
    I should be at GTSouth this Friday if anyone wants to get in some P4A.

• K yoji24K yoji24 Joined: Posts: 241
    http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.ph...er-4-jackson-mississippi.167082/#post-7433423

The state of Louisiana has issued a challenge to all the surrounding states at Red September. Come out and join the party. They want to do team battles in AE, TT2, KOF and UMVC3 there, hope some of you guys can make it out to it.
  • ZangriefingZangriefing Joined: Posts: 12
    Is there an actual scene in Auburn or am I mistaken?
  • AnotakAnotak mad scientist Joined: Posts: 1,890
    Is there an actual scene in Auburn or am I mistaken?

yes there is, i'll send you a pm
  • Comeback MechanicComeback Mechanic its not one Joined: Posts: 14
    i'm going to make the birmingham monthly my bitch

• High MaintenanceHigh Maintenance Joined: Posts: 10
    Hey guys! We're hosting tournaments over in Gulf Breeze, FL (Fort Walton Beach - Pensacola, FL area) and just wanted to make you aware, in case you may not be and are interested! We strongly encourage you guys to come make it out if you can - our scene is mainly UMvC3 but we try to support other games as well, such as P4A and SSF4AE! See below for details and thread link - thank you!

Gulf Coast Encounter #8 ft. UMvC3 & P4A
    September 8, 2012 - sign-ups start at 5:00pm

Live Wires Lounge
    1386 Shoreline Drive
    Gulf Breeze, FL 32561

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/sep-8-2012-gulf-coast-encounter-8-ft-umvc3-p4a-gulf-breeze-fl-32561.159127/

Hope you can make it out! :)

Shoutouts to previous Alabama guests: Sixfortyfive, Jedd, Barabbas, Ethan, Mundaney, JS, Jay, Shtucky, Shtuck Dog - love to see you guys again soon!
    Gulf Coast Encounters Local tournaments in Gulf Breeze, FL - check us out!
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/groups/279241248830211/
    Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/gcencounters
    Twitter: @gcencounters
  • ShtuckyShtucky Joined: Posts: 9
    Mobile Bay Area Fight Club is holding a Tekken Tag 2 tournament Saturday, September 29 at the Tillman's Corner Community Center in Mobile. We will also have casuals setups for UMvC3 and SF4AE as well. We're looking for the best Tekken players in the area so we're paying out cash for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place, with 1st place winning no less than $50!

Shoryuken event page:
    http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/sep-29-2012-mobile-bay-area-fight-club-tag-tournament-edition-mobile-al.168046/

Facebook event page:
    http://www.facebook.com/events/264657040303469/

Hope to see you guys there.
  • StorytellerStoryteller My avatar is an accurate portrayal of me. Joined: Posts: 2,741
    Hey fellow Atlantic South members, just wanted to let you guys know we have 2 tournaments coming up in Antioch, TN at Game Galaxy Arcade. We have one on Sept. 15th and we will be featuring Tekken Tag Tournament 2 as well as Persona 4 Arena, King of Fighters XIII, and Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition 2012. We will also be giving an additional $100 pot bonus to first place in TTT2 that day. You can find times, fees, payout information, and more on the event page:
    http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.ph...tournament-at-new-location-antioch-tn.167432/

We also have the Nashville "King of the Bling" tournament Oct. 13-14 with $2250 in total pot bonuses for SFAE2012, UMVC3, TTT2, MK9, KOF13, and P4A, as well as your cover and entry lets you play over 70 arcade and pinball machines while you wait for your matches (such as Mortal Kombat, Garou Mark of the Wolves, SF Alpha 3, ST, 3s, classics and many more!). This event has gotten a lot of attention and we are looking forward to having you all here! More info on fees, times, payout, and tournament structure can be found on the event page below.
    http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.ph...n-tag-2-sfae-umvc3-mk9-kof-antioch-tn.164155/

You can RSVP through Facebook as well and contact us that way too and even check out our event page for the Oct. 13th-14th:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Game-Galaxy-Arcade/204834345061
    http://www.facebook.com/events/406702169393457/

You may also contact us in the current TN thread here on SRK:
    http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.ph...e-haters-ball-presented-by-the-button.166952/

Please feel free to contact us with any questions regarding either tournament, we look forward to seeing you guys come out!
    I'm here to kick ass and play video games, and I'm all outta ass.
    Richard, what is best in life? To two hit stun your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of their women. - Andrew Glasscock, 2012

TTT2 - Bob/Feng, UMVC3 - Sentinel/Deadpool/Wesker, VF5 - Wolf Hawkfield
  • IceDreamIceDream Joined: Posts: 143
    i'm going to make the birmingham monthly my bitch

I like using popsicles, because cold lips turn me on more..
  • SerinSerin I guess Akuma can still win Nationals, lol. Joined: Posts: 429
    Sup guys. Long time since I've been on here, but I'm in Birmingham now.

If there are tournaments here, please... Let a nigga know.
    soap wrote:
    If you think you are in a potential situation to get mugged

there is no shame in pre-emptively sprinting outta there
  • Nagato/Kisame1992Nagato/Kisame1992 Dat "dropped combo" feeling Joined: Posts: 667
    Sup guys. Long time since I've been on here, but I'm in Birmingham now.

If there are tournaments here, please... Let a nigga know.

What part of Bham you in?
    KOF13 characters I play: Kim/Andy/Iori/Ex Iori/Joe/Shen/Ex Kyo/Hwa/Kyo/K/Ralf/Mature and the list goes on.
  • NaughtyZeutNaughtyZeut Down-back for life Joined: Posts: 429
    Weekly tournaments at Game Galaxy Arcade in Madison Square Mall of Huntsville start THIS week.

Sept. 19: UMVC3 (360) P4A (PS3)
    Sept. 26: AE2012 (360) TTT2 (PS3)
    Oct. 3: UMVC3, P4A
    Oct 10: AE, TTT2
    Oct 17: UMVC3, P4A
    Oct 24: AE, TTT2
    Oct 31: UMVC3, P4A
    Nov. 7: AE, TTT2

16 man capped, Registration 5:30-6:15pm, starts at 6:30pm no exceptions. $5 venue, $3 per tournament.

Venue includes arcade free play.

Not expecting many outside the HSV area to make it often, but these will be held if you want to shoot up or join while in the area.

PM me if you need more details.
    XBL: NaughtyZeut
    PSN: NaughtyZeut
    Steam: NaughtyZeut
    BattleTag: NaughtyZeut#1743
    What part of Bham you in?

Downtown. I go to UAB.
    soap wrote:

Downtown. I go to UAB.

BITCH, I GO TO UAB, ALONG WITH LIKE 5 OTHER NIGGAS! If you live in the dorms so help you god I will find you and I will force you to sit down and play games with me.
    BITCH, I GO TO UAB, ALONG WITH LIKE 5 OTHER NIGGAS! If you live in the dorms so help you god I will find you and I will force you to sit down and play games with me.

You in Blazer or Camp?

Cuz I can play right now.
    soap wrote: