Cerberus: Unleash the hellhound in your arcade stick

PhreakazoidPhreakazoid Turkey Legs Incoming!Joined: Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭✭
Cerberus-300x194.png
Picture-004-300x225.jpg
Cheesy title.. I know >: )

The Cerberus is, ultimately, a revamp of my TEasy Strike/TEasy Mod. It's goal is to provide the user with solderless modding options for their MadCatz Xbox 360 T.E. arcade sticks to allow them access to PlayStation 3 consoles for "dual" functionality in a single stick.

However, it may overall result in the same basic principle to give the user a dual mod with next to no effort, it's method for accomplishing that is far different. The TEasy Strike/Mod used spring loaded pins to access the original signals, the Cerberus does not. Instead, it utilizes undermounted sockets that interface with the original board. This method allows for a more solid installation, and also is actually easier for the user to do since there is little alignment required. The top right of the board has an alignment hole to see the top right most mounting screw through to give you one alignment point, as well as the board being thinner than the original Xbox 360 PCB so that the user can actually see the connection's alignment while it's happening.
Picture-008-300x225.jpg
The Cerberus board mounted to the original Xbox360 enabled PCB.
Picture-009-300x225.jpg
Alignment hole to view the mounting screw.
Also pictured are solderable points for Ground and VCC for usage with other modifications such as LEDs and optical joysticks.
Picture-010-300x225.jpg
User’s view when installing, you can actually see the connection for instant feedback on alignment.
As you can probably tell, the USB cable connection points look different this time as well. They are in fact IDC terminals (Insulation Displacement Connection), which make it so that you only have to remove the outer sheath of the USB cable. The 4 wires (VCC, D+, D-, GND) do not have to be stripped. Simply inserted into the terminals and closed tightly with your fingers, you don’t even need a flat head screwdriver like the TEasy did to punch the terminals down. They’re smaller, sleeker, and do a bang up job for ease of installation. Although they are easier to use, it’s good to note that extra care should be taken to ensure they are down all the way, which I will show an example of in the Installation section.
Picture-006-300x225.jpg
IDC Terminal front view. Note that “USB IN” is only labeled on the prototype, you will see “X360 IN” for this particular pair in the final version.
Now, the name Cerberus is not just picked because it sounds cool (although I do really like it). The PCB does in fact have 3 accessible faces for the user.
  1. Bottom Face – Accesses the original Xbox 360 PCB
  2. Top Face – Accesses the JST connector harnesses that go to the rest of the arcade stick.
  3. Inner Face – This is a special advanced face that the user can access by soldering directly to.
The third (inner) face, has been specially planned out for advanced users. You may notice that all of the components are centered into a small area of the board. The reason is shown below:
Picture-005-300x225.jpg
Third face shown, the silk screen outline denotes cut lines. The gold pads are solderable for advanced usage.
The top/bottom board components that allow the PC/PS3 controller circuit to function are smashed into a tiny area to give the more savvy user the ability to literally cut the board down to the size of a quarter. This allows the user to install this board into not just it’s standard function of MadCatz Xbox 360 T.E arcade sticks, but into virtually anything.
Picture-002-300x225.jpg
Bottom side for easy soldering, the cut away section to the left.
Picture-003-300x225.jpg
Top side, denotes what’s left after cutting, the heart of this board.
*It should be noted that although the advanced operation is available, once you begin cutting the Cerberus PCB you void any and all warranty/support. This is for advanced users with the abilities required to perform such modifications.

*Also note that if you are using the cut down board and wish to use the Player LED signals. They are controlled via open collector configuration for usage with Common Anode LEDs. There are 4 0402 resistor positions (R2, R3, R4, R5) that you may wish to use. The original components are 0 (zero) Ohm resistors, so jumpers. Do NOT connect LEDs directly to these signals as you could cause irreparable damage to your setup.

Picture-032-300x225.jpg
Install FAQ Section:
Spoiler:
First make sure the pins are lined up nicely and try again. You can see where the pins are rubbing into the plastic of the connector on the Cerberus and adjust by that. Then if that doesn't work try out what mistcore has done below:
Klbti.jpg
This was my solution to installing the Cerberus successfully.
The JLF connector was rubbing up against that white guide, so I snipped the side of the guide.

Features

The Cerberus‘ list of current features are as follows:
  • PC/PS3 Functionality
  • Player indications for PS3 (Player numbers will appear on the guide ring of your arcade stick after a standard instllation)
  • LS/RS control by switching the control panel of the arcade stick
  • Auto-detection on supported systems
  • Forced passthrough mode for Xbox360 mode. Hold 1P (x) while plugging into allow this.
  • Forced PC/PS3 mode for debug/forced mode on PC. Hold 1K (a) while plugging in. (FW 1.01)
  • S+S=H ability on both PS3/360. Pressing a dedicated Home button will disable this. (FW 1.01)
  • Updatability through a USB bootloader for any firmware upgrades/bug fixes in the future. Hold START while plugging into your PC to access this mode.
Upgrading your firmware

TODO – Firmware update section

For those who know how you can upgrade the board via Atmel's FLIP DFU. The chip is an Atmega32U4

Firmware Downloads:

v1.01
  • Added code for S+S=H with a ~1/3s delay, dedicated home will disable the function. Will show up on new plugins with 1.01 as the version.
  • Also gave it a forced PC/PS3 mode, use LK to do so.
Arcade Stick Compatibility

Due to the measurement based install of the Cerberus. It will only fit SSF4 T.E. arcade sticks and newer. This means round 1/2 and SE sticks are not compatible. Obviously the cut down board does not follow this rule.
For quick reference if your stick is compatible, look on the PCB. If there is a KGND signal on the top row, it is compatible. The ONLY exception to this rule is BrawlSticks which are not compatible.
Quck Reference List of some compatible sticks, variants of these exist and more than these are compatible: *For the Fightstick PRO and the Soul Calibur V sticks, an extra step or two is required. Please see the installation section for details.

When you purchase a Cerberus, you will receive the following:
1 x Cerberus PCB with reference sheet for installation.

Assembled Cerberus ($40.00) :

Picture-037-300x225.jpg

Advanced Cerberus (Advanced Users, Special Request ONLY, $30.00):

Easy print reference for the bottom of the board

Picture-004-300x225.jpg

Picture-006-300x225.jpg

Unfortunately I pulled a stupid and when I went to process the board files, I used the wrong file to do so. Luckily the only thing that is botched is the bottom designators, the silk screen still remains. This will only affect advanced users, since the top silk screen/labels are all picture perfect and have been improved upon since last build.
I will make a downloadable/printable image that has these designators for easy reference, they just won’t be ON the board this time, sorry guys.

One possible extra use for the advanced version is a cheap fix for a 360 TE that has a busted PCB. Just remove it and swap it with the half assembled one, and voila you have a working stick again. With a little fiddling you can get this to work with round 1/2′s for a fix also since it’s no longer reliant on attaching to another PCB.

Head over to the Cerberus page of my website for the latest updates/downloads/install notes.
Cerberus, easy dual mod for your TE ->www.phreakmods.com/products/cerberus
Link JLF Detachable Joystick Shaft! -> www.PhreakMods.com/products/the-link
Available @ FocusAttack.com -> http://www.focusattack.com/jlf-link/
Available @ JasensCustoms.com -> https://www.jasenscustoms.com/PhreakMods-The-Link.html
Available @ ParadiseAracadeShop.com -> http://www.paradisearcadeshop.com/fgc-featured/1124-the-link-jlf.html
·

Comments

• PhreakazoidPhreakazoid Turkey Legs Incoming! Joined: Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭✭
    The current build lacks some silk screen labeling. Please use the below image for reference while installing:

SS-Labels-300x224.jpg
    Available @ JasensCustoms.com -> https://www.jasenscustoms.com/PhreakMods-The-Link.html
    Available @ ParadiseAracadeShop.com -> http://www.paradisearcadeshop.com/fgc-featured/1124-the-link-jlf.html
    ·
  • DaRabidDuckieDaRabidDuckie Happiest. Duck. Ever. Joined: Posts: 9,765 mod
    Yay! Puppies!

I seriously love this board. I've installed three so far in TE sticks, one for dual modding a SFxT pad, and one that I might keep for myself. >.>

Pics of the dual modded SFxT pad:
    Spoiler:
    Only modding at tournaments now. I'm no longer taking mail order jobs. Please don't ask.
    "Being degrading or insulting is not the same as being hype. Huh, I think I just solved the problem with the entire community." -- Mike Z on the FGC

·
  • TRiXWoNTRiXWoN Solder Soldier in the 6 Button Army Joined: Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭
    Holla! I also love this board. Super easy to install as long as you remove enough of the usb sheathing. Love seeing player led on ps3 too.

Here it is in my Soul Calibur V stick:
    Spoiler:
    ::Mod till your heart's content::
    ·
  • ToodlesToodles da Fetus of Gawd! Joined: Posts: 10,777
    Looking forward to getting some for Pro sticks, awesome stuff.
    ·
  • butterojbutteroj VWDORK Joined: Posts: 1,423 ✭✭
    Can buy now?

·
  • gahrlinggahrling Better safe than Hori.. Joined: Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭✭
    Is this using Dual Strike code?

Price?
    ·
  • defghuidefghui Joined: Posts: 822 ✭✭✭
    nice! this wouldve been so much easier than the original teasy, not that the og was all that difficult to begin with

edit: just saw the party piece (cutaway board). so many possibilities! GENIUS
    :mp::hp::qcf::qcf::lk: ftw
    ·
  • underwingunderwing Modder Joined: Posts: 500 ✭✭
    This thing looks freakin' beautiful; nicely done.
    ·
  • mr.mortifiedmr.mortified e-sports and pew pew Joined: Posts: 3,018 ✭✭✭
    awwwwwwww yeah i was waiting for adual strike smd, now this comes into play~
    follow me on twitter @mr_mortified
    I need dat twitter PSR
    ·
    Holla! I also love this board. Super easy to install as long as you remove enough of the usb sheathing. Love seeing player led on ps3 too.

Yeah the thing to make note of is for sure to give yourself plenty of wire, 1" to be safe is really ideal. The ONLY thing about these connectors is that they don't bite as well as the old versions I used. So some troubleshooting may take place but it will be really simple (pull out wires, check bite marks, repress wires, repeat until it works) but overall I've only run into that personally once, the rest has been one shot.
    Looking forward to getting some for Pro sticks, awesome stuff.

Thanks man! I know you were looking for IDC terminals for kitty revamps but I stumbled on these ones like.. right when they were released. Got super lucky since the old ones were humungous.

Can buy now?

I will likely open pre-orders over EVO weekend. The ETA on full release is looking like 2 weeks post EVO. The PCBs are estimated to be complete this week, and then assembly next week, then one more week to ensure programming/testing/packing is complete.

As with all my stuff, it's locally assembled/fabricated so I get quick turnarounds.

Is this using Dual Strike code?

Price?

No, this is not the Dual Strike code at all, it's all my own this time around. This uses a better chip and doesn't rely on USB stack emulation w/ hardware hacking via external diodes (which could be part of the odd behavior the DS exhibited... just couldn't nail it down). This USB is native, and the code is solid and proven (LUFA based, if we're being honest). I'm still smoothing auto-detection a little, but firmware updates are super quick and painless.

Price is TBA, but it will be priced well in 1x fashion, with great discounts planned for volume for modders.

nice! this wouldve been so much easier than the original teasy, not that the og was all that difficult to begin with

edit: just saw the party piece (cutaway board). so many possibilities! GENIUS

Henceforth, the smaller section shall be known as the party piece.
    This thing looks freakin' beautiful; nicely done.

Thank you sir

Although to note, the pictures denote a prototype. The final board will be adjusted in the following ways:
    1. JST shrouded headers will be black, so all connectors will be black on this board
    2. Shade may change, but the board will remain purple
    3. Finish will be HASL, not ENIG. So the gold pads will be silver finish
    4. Silk screen adjustments to the logos has been done, as well as minor labeling tweaks.

Should look boss when in it's final form, can't wait to see it myself.
    awwwwwwww yeah i was waiting for adual strike smd, now this comes into play~

Yeah it should fill the gaps for some solid pad mods and others since the DS SMD is no longer around.
    ·
    2. Shade may change, but the board will remain purple
    MISSHON COMPRETE!

*high fives Gummo*
    Only modding at tournaments now. I'm no longer taking mail order jobs. Please don't ask.
    "Being degrading or insulting is not the same as being hype. Huh, I think I just solved the problem with the entire community." -- Mike Z on the FGC

·
    No, this is not the Dual Strike code at all, it's all my own this time around. This uses a better chip and doesn't rely on USB stack emulation w/ hardware hacking via external diodes (which could be part of the odd behavior the DS exhibited... just couldn't nail it down). This USB is native, and the code is solid and proven (LUFA based, if we're being honest). I'm still smoothing auto-detection a little, but firmware updates are super quick and painless.
    Now I'm doubly interested. Good stuff on going with LUFA instead of the bitbanged USB. Im certain you'll be happier with the results.
    But I am saddened by the change to HASL. I love the look of the goldish pads, especially contrasting against purple.
    ·
  • PheNOM07PheNOM07 The King of Hearts Joined: Posts: 691
    Can't wait to bulk order these. Glad I saw these in person. Keep up the great work.
    "Straight Cash Homie!" - Randy Moss 84
    UMvC3: Zero, Vergil, Strider (Team Power Rangers)
    ·
    Excellent, I have a lot of issues with Dual Strike products so I'm happy to hear the code is fresh.

Are there any plans to make the "inner face" as a stand alone product? I'm sure there would be a demand, especially from the people not comfortable with cutting PCB's. And gummo has stated he has no plans to make an updated Dual Strike SMD board..
    ·
    Now I'm doubly interested. Good stuff on going with LUFA instead of the bitbanged USB. Im certain you'll be happier with the results.
    But I am saddened by the change to HASL. I love the look of the goldish pads, especially contrasting against purple.

Yeah I'm so glad I took the dive and did my own this time around. It really was a mistake going the easy route and just using the DS implementation before. So many problems that were out of my hands, it just can't be that way anymore.

Depending on how it goes, I'll ask if they can swap back to ENIG for the next run. I love the gold pad finish, it's just thought to be so much more expensive that I shy away from it unless I really really needed it. Although in truth so many places use ENIG finish from ROHS requirements that it may end up being the same price... should have asked I guess >.<

I hope they match this purple well, and it's not like...ultra dark shade or something.
    Excellent, I have a lot of issues with Dual Strike products so I'm happy to hear the code is fresh.

Are there any plans to make the "inner face" as a stand alone product? I'm sure there would be a demand, especially from the people not comfortable with cutting PCB's. And gummo has stated he has no plans to make an updated Dual Strike SMD board..

You weren't the only one, believe me. You'll like this a lot better.

Gummo has asked about it, but for now there's nothing immediate on the table to do that. The goal currently is just versatility for the end user, and the cut lines are pretty lenient, basically after the solder pads there's nothing so you could get a little squirrely and be fine. Honestly though, Gummo may take that front for now and cut them down for people for a small fee... I dunno.

Eventually when the projects gets a little further in I may consider it though, it really does depend on demand since that's a whole other thing to order/stock.
    ·
  • zeththedarkmagezeththedarkmage Standing Fierce all day Joined: Posts: 677
    I'M THROWING MONEY AT THE SCREEN BUT NOTHING IS HAPPENING!!!! :crybaby:

That purple is so sexy.
    DLC 8/25/07
    JMS 2/07/09

"Only the good die young..."
    ·
  • defghuidefghui Joined: Posts: 822 ✭✭✭
    well then stop throwing it at the screen and start throwing it at me
    :mp::hp::qcf::qcf::lk: ftw
    ·
  • GummoGummo Can We Mod It? Yes, We Can! Joined: Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay! Puppies!

I seriously love this board. I've installed three so far in TE sticks, one for dual modding a SFxT pad, and one that I might keep for myself. >.>

Pics of the dual modded SFxT pad:

y u no use 30 guage?
    Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/gummowned
    Twitter: @Gummowned
    Will be providing my modding services at EVO @ the Madcatz booth!
    ·
    y u no use 30 guage?

I knew you'd have something to say about that :)
    ·
    I realize it's too late for the first run, but could you be talked into adding through holes for both sets of USB wires, including a large one for shielding for the outgoing cable, like 1mm drill? Somewhere near the IDC connectors, outside of the gummy zone?
    ·
    y u no use 30 guage?
    Because I had ribbon wire handy, and wanted to see if it'd work?

(and I'd have to buy it >.>)

·
    I realize it's too late for the first run, but could you be talked into adding through holes for both sets of USB wires, including a large one for shielding for the outgoing cable, like 1mm drill? Somewhere near the IDC connectors, outside of the gummy zone?

For the first run yeah it's a no go but I don't see why not in the next run. I'll have to shimmy some things around trace wise (pretty much just VCC) but I would think they would be best on the right side of the board next to the MIC cutout and then above the 360 IN IDCs of course (tons of room right there).

Any particular reason why? Just to give an option for direct solder without going to the undercarriage?
    ·
  • undamnedundamned Wake up! Time to die! Joined: Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭✭
    Yay! Puppies!
    Haha, Toodles has kitties, Phreakazoid has puppies :D
    -ud
    ·
  • Snuggle_WalrusSnuggle_Walrus Ninja in training Joined: Posts: 180
    Will you be doing shipping to the UK im looking to dual mod a TE and a V,S :)
    SSF4:AE - Ibuki / Cammy
    MvC3 - Felicia/Zero/Dorm, Wolv/Akuma/Sent, Wesker/Doom/Magneto
    ·
  • njck cannonnjck cannon Joined: Posts: 32
    Not being a chip savvy person, I was wondering if the 6 through holes on the cut out square are for Jack mounts like this: http://www.focusattack.com/usb-jack-pcb-mount/ Thanks!

Also, I am so using this board when I make my custom Divekick
    controller -____- <{helllllll yeahhhhh}
    ·
    Haha, Toodles has kitties, Phreakazoid has puppies :D
    -ud

Made me think of this instantly:

Will you be doing shipping to the UK im looking to dual mod a TE and a V,S :)

Yup, UK shipping is for sure going to happen just like before. I'll just be going by what the current USPS flat rate cost is since I could probably safely fit 4 - 6 of these into a single small flat rate box.
    Not being a chip savvy person, I was wondering if the 6 through holes on the cut out square are for Jack mounts like this: http://www.focusattack.com/usb-jack-pcb-mount/ Thanks!

Also, I am so using this board when I make my custom Divekick
    controller -____- <{helllllll yeahhhhh}

Nah the 6 through holes are for programming the boards. There's no spot for a mountable jack like that on the current board but cutting/running to the IDC terminals is pretty easy, or simply soldering to the underside of the board.
    ·
  • Sam HandwichSam Handwich No such thing as a free lunch Joined: Posts: 13
    When can I buy this?
    ·
    ETA is about 2 weeks after EVO. I'll post up when they are available!
    ·
    Anyway we can workout an upgrade from the defunct Teasy to one of these?
    DLC 8/25/07
    JMS 2/07/09

·
  • Icy Black DeepIcy Black Deep Still training... Joined: Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭
    Are there any plans to make the "inner face" as a stand alone product? I'm sure there would be a demand, especially from the people not comfortable with cutting PCB's.
    If you can't manage to cut down the board how are you going to manage any other part of the mod?
    It'd be a little more convenient if you could get a board with only the inner part populated, but I don't imagine the logistics would be worth it for Phreakazoid.
    New Jersey
    ·
    If you can't manage to cut down the board how are you going to manage any other part of the mod?

Disagree.

Cutting PCB material requires a completely different skill set to soldering. Someone may be a genius with SMT soldering but rubbish with a saw.

Producing just the inner part would be more economical as it would negate the need for the rest of what is on the Cerberus. But obviously only in Phreak sees it as a viable product in its own right.
    ·
    Producing just the inner part would be more economical as it would negate the need for the rest of what is on the Cerberus. But obviously only in Phreak sees it as a viable product in its own right.
    Not entirely true. Making 100 of one thing that combines two things is usually cheaper than making 50 each of two things

If you don't need it for the size, you can still solder to the bottom of the board without having to cut anything.

I pretty much plan on using these for most of my 360->PS3 mods from now on. They're inexpensive and SUPER functional, and can go super small if I need it.

·
  • 32teeth32teeth Joined: Posts: 831
    Wow. This is great Phreak! Nice work.
    Sparky Jr - Sparky Jr is a programmable RGB LED mod companion light up activation controller for arcade pushbuttons on gaming fightsticks.
    ·
  • EricThe InternEricThe Intern I DROP COMBOSSSS!!! Joined: Posts: 379 ✭✭
    I'm super interested and if this is as easy as you say installation will be, then you're getting multiple orders from me right away. Good work man!
    ·
  • twotone8twotone8 Joined: Posts: 76
    This might be a dumb question, but how does this compare to the TEKitty. Is it just a competing product with similar functionality? Aside from the optional cut-away option, that is.

Also, I've noticed that in order to install this on my MC SC5 stick, i'd need to remove one of the mounting screws on the JLF. Would it still be stable enough for regular play?
    ·
  • DanAdamKOFDanAdamKOF Joined: Posts: 980 ✭✭✭
    This might be a dumb question, but how does this compare to the TEKitty. Is it just a competing product with similar functionality? Aside from the optional cut-away option, that is.

Also, I've noticed that in order to install this on my MC SC5 stick, i'd need to remove one of the mounting screws on the JLF. Would it still be stable enough for regular play?
    The TE Kitty is capable of running on any console the MC Cthulhu runs on (PS2, Dreamcast, etc) whereas the Cerberus only runs on PS3. Other than that they seem to both have the same functionality.
    ·
  • Helen KellerHelen Keller Joined: Posts: 47
    I'm super interested and if this is as easy as you say installation will be, then you're getting multiple orders from me right away. Good work man!
    Phreak installed his last prototype into a VS at Evo. It really is a quick and easy install.
    ·
  • DonkeyBlonkeyDonkeyBlonkey Part-Time Warrior/Soldier! Joined: Posts: 1,409 ✭✭
    I are interested.
    Bond: Vodka Martini.
    Bartender: Shaken or Stirred?
    Bond: Does it look like I give a damn?
    ·
    Anyway we can workout an upgrade from the defunct Teasy to one of these?

Of course, but remember the Cerberus only fits SSF4 and newer sticks, so if you used a TEasy Strike (non S version) you can't just swap them out, but I'm not opposed to exchanging if you have the means to get it installed otherwise (local modder who can solder, etc).
    Disagree.

Cutting PCB material requires a completely different skill set to soldering. Someone may be a genius with SMT soldering but rubbish with a saw.

I agree on the skillset difference, but Duckie is correct. Making 100 of each type would be significantly more expensive than 200 of a single type that manages to do both. If the demand is there I could ultimately make just the inner section, but for now it'll remain as is since this can do both. To put it simply it's just literally not possible for me to produce both at this point in time, just don't have the money for it. If it's a serious concern though you could always contract Gummo to cut a shitload down for you.

Thanks!

It's is indeed very easy to install. The worst case scenario is that one of the header pins isn't straightened out/aligned and the board won't go down. That's an easy troubleshoot even if it comes to that. I'll do a short write up on that situation for people before they are released. Worst case? remove the 360 board so you can see the two boards interface out in the open, see where it's not fitting, and bend the troublesome header pin. I've run into it once myself (at evo), and it's usually caused by removing the JST connectors are a messed up angle that bends the pins.

Perhaps I'll get someone to do a proper install video when I get the boards in, since I'm no good at that shit.

It's not a dumb question, the TEasy has been gone for a while so the current comparison will be to the Kitty naturally. They're similar in the end since they both accomplish the same thing, so in that right yes it's just a competing product. The differences are how they each install, and the supported systems. The kitty boards have MC functionality whereas the Cerberus does not. The cerberus is a self contained package for installation, requiring less tools/parts overall than the kitty, and gives things like player numbers on PS3 which are not present on the kitty. In the end it's a bit cleaner of an install, and actually has less potential points of error for the install. The kitty does LED funstuffs for the buttons and directionals on the CP, the Cerberus does not.

The price for the Cerberus is also geared at 40$ in 1x pricing. The volume discounts for modders/etc are definitely there though.

As for the mounting screw, I don't imagine that will be a problem at all. TrixWon can probably comment on that since he is the one who tested that install and noticed it.
    ·
    D'oh >_< I didn't realize it was only for the newer sticks.
    DLC 8/25/07
    JMS 2/07/09

·
  • Abe RystwythAbe Rystwyth Joined: Posts: 2
    Perhaps I'll get someone to do a proper install video when I get the boards in, since I'm no good at that shit.

I'll take care of that! ^_^ I've got a V.S., a Pro, and an MLG stick and will gladly point out assembly differences and the like.

I hope the MLG stick will work, know anything about those bits?
    ·
    I'd imagine the MLG stick should work, the rule of thumb is that if the PCB has a KGND spot it will work. The only exception is the brawlsticks, which will not. An install video would be crazy appreciated.

On another note, dropping off the parts today. Hopefully I should see the completed boards early next week, unless somehow I timed shit exact and they'll get done by Friday... I'm not holding my breath though.
    D'oh >_< I didn't realize it was only for the newer sticks.

Yep, had to pick one and run with it this time. Again, not opposed to swapping (would actually prefer that) if you can find a modder to do the soldering for you. I'd like to see you on the latest hardware for sure. The board doesn't have to be cut down for that either, it's just one option.
    ·
  • ToshinToshin Joined: Posts: 889
    Phreak installed his last prototype into a VS at Evo. It really is a quick and easy install.
    Wait that was me Phreak? :) I have the hidden tech under my hood now? lol Once I get my stick from my friend and do some testing I'll update you on how it working out!

Also shouts to the Tech guys in general who were there at evo , again another evo , another year hanging with them all and supporting them in some form.

Phreak we need more info on that consolized CPS setup with ST that was GDLK! and already reserved a spot in my wallet :)
    <s-kill> silence!
    <s-kill> capcom's new policy is no criticizing anything
    <s-kill> ever
    <s-kill> thank you
    ·
    UD-CPS2, undamned has a thread for it here in Tech Talk.
    ·
  • TRiXWoNTRiXWoN Solder Soldier in the 6 Button Army Joined: Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭

I've been using the stick pretty heavily for the last few weeks and had zero issues. 3 Screws should be plenty to hold it in place. I even let my 1.5 year old have at it and he pulls on it, even stands on the damn thing and haven't had an issue.
    ::Mod till your heart's content::
    ·
  • L337SamuraiL337Samurai Hulk Smash Joined: Posts: 8
    I had a thought. Would there be enough clearance in an SE if you flipped the PCB/Cerberus combination around with the Cerberus facing the top of the stick?
    USFIV: Rose/T. Hawk/ Hugo
    UMvC3: Thor/Hulk/Nemesis
    Skullgirls: Cerebella
    ·
    Wait that was me Phreak? :) I have the hidden tech under my hood now? lol Once I get my stick from my friend and do some testing I'll update you on how it working out!

Also shouts to the Tech guys in general who were there at evo , again another evo , another year hanging with them all and supporting them in some form.

Phreak we need more info on that consolized CPS setup with ST that was GDLK! and already reserved a spot in my wallet :)

Yup check undamned's thread, that's his project and it's sweeeeeeeeeeet.
    I had a thought. Would there be enough clearance in an SE if you flipped the PCB/Cerberus combination around with the Cerberus facing the top of the stick?

There's probably clearance even without requiring that. I know people put in TEasy Strike boards into their SE's with only having to dremel things like the MIC standoff, and that was ultimately a far more space requiring mod.

It's moot though, the Cerberus doesn't work with the SE PCB anyway without soldering. TE-S and newer only are compatible.
    ·
  • stickyJstickyJ Joined: Posts: 22
    Great work, nice product.

I have a Soul Caliber TE I want to dual mod. Just to be sure, if I install this I would have to permanently leave off one screw of the JLF mounting backet? Is that bad? Would it be possible to use a shallower screw instead?
    ·
  • chowachowa Joined: Posts: 9
    this looks amazing! where do i go to order one of these?
    ·
    Great work, nice product.

I have a Soul Caliber TE I want to dual mod. Just to be sure, if I install this I would have to permanently leave off one screw of the JLF mounting backet? Is that bad? Would it be possible to use a shallower screw instead?

It's possible to swap it out for a flat head and not pan head screw I'm sure, truthfully I don't entirely know how much of a difference it will make since I don't have one on hand. As TrixWon said though it's stable with only using 3. I've had people ask me to swap their buttons and stuff to find they're rocking 2 screws with no problem.
    this looks amazing! where do i go to order one of these?

Hang tight for another week or two. Boards are being fabricated and assembled now. Parts are actually being dropped off today :)
    ·