Cerberus: Unleash the hellhound in your arcade stick

Comments

• DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 9,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the long run, for the lack of confusion and for organization sakes.
    Connect the Red wire (VCC) from the Xbox 360 PCB to the VCC that is next to the XD+ and XD- terminals, the same thing as ground.

The other side the OD- and OD+ those VCC and GND on that side goes to the USB cable.
    You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.
    there is a unwritten rule that every Full Moon some clueless poster has to stumble into this forum and tout their own perception as hard fact.
  • Helen KellerHelen Keller Joined: Posts: 47
    Perhaps I am missing something. I do not see a VCC or GND next to XD+ and XD-.
  • PhreakazoidPhreakazoid Turkey Legs Incoming! Joined: Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭
    You'll have to double up the VCC/GND points that go to the main USB out spots, so both the outbound USB and 360 VCC/GND are then connected (remember, both boards need to be powered for this to function properly). I didn't put ones next to the XD-/XD+ spots since there's 2 other spots already to do so.
    Cerberus, easy dual mod for your TE ->www.phreakmods.com/products/cerberus
    Link JLF Detachable Joystick Shaft! -> www.PhreakMods.com/products/the-link
    Only 27.95 @ FocusAttack.com -> http://www.focusattack.com/jlf-link/
    In the long run, for the lack of confusion and for organization sakes.
    Connect the Red wire (VCC) from the Xbox 360 PCB to the VCC that is next to the XD+ and XD- terminals, the same thing as ground.

The other side the OD- and OD+ those VCC and GND on that side goes to the USB cable.
    I must be thinking of the chimp then. Never mind
    there is a unwritten rule that every Full Moon some clueless poster has to stumble into this forum and tout their own perception as hard fact.
  • Helen KellerHelen Keller Joined: Posts: 47
    You'll have to double up the VCC/GND points that go to the main USB out spots, so both the outbound USB and 360 VCC/GND are then connected (remember, both boards need to be powered for this to function properly).
    Cool. This is what I thought but I wanted to be doubly sure.
  • MinahMinah Joined: Posts: 9
    Just bought one of these, FA didn't have any in stock but I was able to order directly from phreakmods (although I'm still not sure whether PM has any in stock either, but I'm crossing my fingers)
  • TooLateForRosesTooLateForRoses Joined: Posts: 18
    Just bought one of these, FA didn't have any in stock but I was able to order directly from phreakmods (although I'm still not sure whether PM has any in stock either, but I'm crossing my fingers)

I'm pretty sure FA said they will be getting in another shipment from PM soon.
  • dailomacdailomac CEO of Stolen Chicken Entertainment Joined: Posts: 296
    how would i get this to work with a round 1?
    Stolen Chicken Entertainment
    Follow us:
    twitter @stolenchicken
    facebook /stolenchickenent
  • DanAdamKOFDanAdamKOF Joined: Posts: 973 ✭✭✭
    how would i get this to work with a round 1?
    You can't plug it in, it's physically incompatible. You could solder it like any other dual mod though.
  • dailomacdailomac CEO of Stolen Chicken Entertainment Joined: Posts: 296
    You can't plug it in, it's physically incompatible. You could solder it like any other dual mod though.
    ok that will work.. and cheaper hehe
    Stolen Chicken Entertainment
    Follow us:
    twitter @stolenchicken
    facebook /stolenchickenent
    Yeah soldering is probably the best bet
  • Shadowed0neShadowed0ne Joined: Posts: 3
    [SIZE=12px]I bought the Cerberus from focusattack. I installed it and the PS3/PC directions work fine, but the XBOX360 doesn’t show left when I test it on both PC/Xbox. Any idea on a solution?[/SIZE]
  • grap3fruitmangrap3fruitman Joined: Posts: 28
    Sounds to me like you may have bent a pin on the OG board in the stick while installing the Cerberus. Check for that.
    The verb "commentate" is sometimes used as a synonym for "comment on" or "provide a commentary for." It is not yet fully accepted as standard, though widespread in sports reporting and journalism.
    Just checked, all the pins are straight. Incidentally, now down isn't working also. No idea what's causing this

Edit: After checking and rechecking multiple times, it looks like the pins aren't fitting in for the directions. The holes might be too small or something. Am I supposed to force it down? I've but a lot of pressure on it and I couldn't get it down all the way. The directions still work if I connect the wire directly to the xbox pcb, but still doesn't work if connected to to cerberus (xbox wise)
    The best thing to do is to pull both boards out of the stick to get a clear side view of the alignment. Once you get them together the first time, you can pull them apart and put it back in like normal and it should go together nicely.

You should try what mitscore did that I've noted in the FAQ section 'JLF section won't fit by a smidge'

It'll just take a little finagling, it happens when some of the tolerances on the parts/placements don't line up as nicely as they can. A new Cerberus won't fix this, you'll just likely have to do what mistcore did or bend one of the JLF pins to make it fit down nicely.
  • AkiroAkiro Joined: Posts: 42
    Hey all, Just purchased the Cerberus mod and just had a quick question.

I have absolutely no experience with modding arcade sticks or anything. Is this the guide I want to use if I want to install the "bottom face"? which is supposed to be the easiest of the three faces.

http://www.phreakmods.com/products/cerberus/cerberus-install
    Ahh so it was the problem of the JLF. Got if fixed, had to cut out a portion of the left section. Thx for the help!
  • drackonos10drackonos10 Joined: Posts: 24
    Hello, I was wondering if anyone could possably help me out with some info for the advanced install. I would like to install the Cerberus into a MvC2 Madcatz TE stick and had a few questions. I am not affraid to do any soldering and feel it will actually be fun to do, but I just wanted to make sure, for the most part I just solder each contact to its coresponding point on the TE's main pcb correct? I can sodder onto the underside opposite of the actual block terminals for much of this I believe. My questions are where do I solder the RSX, LS/RSY, RS, LSX, LSY, XD+/- and the 4 Led points to? I was also wondering what the panel with the 6 holes with octagonal contact points/1 square point were for? Also, I wanted to make sure if the VCC/GND contacts go to the 5v/gnd wires on the main usb part of the pcb or if they go to the vcc/gnd marks on the plug at the bottom side of the board. Am guessing the od-/+ go to the D-/+ data lines from the usb right? I tried to use search to find info for the advanced install and did not find anything other than Phreakazoids info describing the board when it first came out, so if someone has this covered somewhere I am very sorry for asking here, I cant find any info to help me out so far. Thanks in advance for any replies, off to bed for me. Laters
    Ohhh K. I have read through all 7 pages of comments on the forums here and between them and the pic Phreakazoid posted showing what the solder points are, I think I can confidently do most of this. Maybe im just too much of a newbie at this, but if Phreakazoid has time, it probably wouldnt hurt to add info to the main instructions page of the website to make sure everything is clear to people that want to use the advanced install. I know its called advanced, and you should know what your doing lol, but its oh so much fun to learn as you go right? Anyways I have only a few questions now. If I am reading the comments right, I think that I need to connect my usb cable wires for red/black to the vcc/gnd spots on the Cerberus. I think I also need to run jumpers from the xbox pcb's 5v/gnd to the cerberus's vcc/gnd as well. I also need to have the data +/- white/green cables going to the OD+/- contact points in this area also right? I believe I need to run jumpers from my xbox pcb D+/- to the XD+/- on the Cerberus right? The last thing I am still completly unsure of is where I am supposed to connect my led1-4 points too. I was looking on my xbox pcb and my gut is telling me they are probably D3-6 on the main pcb since that sounds like 4 contacts for the leds to me and they also appear to have their own power with the usb vcc and gnd points on the same plug as well. Am I right? If so, which ones are which, I dont know which which of Led1-4 on the Cerberus, goes to which of D3-6 on the main pcb...assuming I am guessing correctly that those are the contacts for the LEDs. I hope someone can chime in and toss me a bone here, I am about to head to work, so looking forward to comming home tonight and planning out my modding in the morning. If no one can reply soon I will probably toss Phreak another email...I would like to avoid this though as he said he was on vacation the last time I emailed him while the forums were down. A
    Anyways, sorry for the huge post...just trying to make sure I cover all my questions before I start melting solder all over the place. Later guys.
    Most people seem to get pretty quick responses on here so I am hoping its my bad habbit of text walling on forums. Going to write this up as short/easy to read as I can and hope for the best. Just a few questions about the advanced install of the Cerberus. I have figured out most of what I needed to know from reading all 7 pages of this thread and looking at some of the pics of the great installs some people have done. My board did not come with any manual or anything...so this is the only place for me to get help while Phreak is on vacation. Anyways here are the questions:

1. I connect my usb cable to the VCC/Gnd/OD+/- on the Cerberus, and also connect my mcbs 5v/gnd to the VCC/Gnd in the same spot and run the D+/- to the XD+/- right?

2. Do I need to connect the LED1-4 terminals up to anything? I would like to have the leds work on my ps3 if thats a determining factor if they dont work to begin with. The Led1-4 spots are the only thing I dont believe I have seen at least a little referense to in the comments. Everything else is either self explainatory or I managed to run into a comment in the thread tha helped.

I hope this is more readable and maybe someone can chime in and help me out. I have started soldering wires onto my mcb, getting it ready to be connected to the cerberus..but I dont want to run power through it once its all together untill I am sure I have not messed up something crucial. Later guys.
  • gahrlinggahrling Better safe than Hori.. Joined: Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭
    Hey cool, thanks for the reply. I actually spent most of this morning soldering it together how I thought it probably worked. I dont have time before work but I probably have to check a button or two or switch some around but, it is registering, just not completly right. If I dont hold any buttons down and plug it into my computer as the Cerberus, it seems to be good except I may have some buttons on the wrong contacts. If I hold 1p to load in Xbox mode, my system recognizes it..but I dont have all of my controls in the test screen. There is no directional image, just buttons and the hat switch image. And if I hold start, the first time I tried my computer said it could not install the cerberus bootloader, and now id just plays the usb sounds but does nothing else as far as I can tell. I havnt got time to do a test on my ps3/360 but im guessing I have some bugs to work out. Any idea what the problems could be? I am running win7 64bit. I think I remember reading through some comments of people having trouble with that os and the Cerberus, maybe thats it? Off to work, laters.
    I have no idea why I thought you were replying to me earlier Gahrling lol. In a hurry to leave and just surprised to see a post I guess. Nice job on the install. Do you usually solder the wires to the Cerberus first and then rought them to the board your installing it too? Such a nice clean job. Mine so far looks like it has some kinda growth comming out of it lol.
  • klenerskleners Joined: Posts: 195
    edited February 2013
    Can anyone who has Advance modded a Round One. Help me out. I Ran the USB to the USB out then ran wire from XBOX in to the Xbox board using the clip connectors on the Cerberus. then wired all the buttons and leds to the center board. i did notice its just the signals going to the board no ground. is this normal?
    anyway. ON PC it will boot into PS3 mode but i get no lights or active controls. bootloader mode doesn't show lights. I am on win7 so XBOX mode does nothing. On the Systems i get no connection lights or controls on PS3 or Xbox.
    Spoiler:
    Post edited by kleners on
    UCC Presents "DFW Fight Club" check out "DFW FIGHT CLUB!" on facebook.
    Hello again guys. I hooked my stick up to my wifes laptop, which is running Win7 32 bit and it still wont install the bootloader. Windows says there are no drivers for it. Do I need to download drivers for the computer to run the bootloader? Sounded like it should install from the Cerberus, but so far its not working. Cerberus mode seems to work fine, though I probably have to check my wires to make sure the buttons are hooked up where they should be. I think 360 mode might be fine. Is it normal to not have the analog bars for the joysick and only have the hat show up in the controller settings? I didn't realize that switching to dp makes they hat control work in 360 mode at first. I think my only problem now is the bootloader, any idea what I should do? Later.
    Hey Kleners, unfortunately im not sure what you need to do, but I wanted to say that your pics aren't loading. At least not for me. Laters
    Just currious Kleners, did you make sure both boards are getting power and than you have a data connection from the 360 board to the Cerberus, and that the data wires are not backwards? Also, if your using the black punch downs, which it sounds like you are, make sure the wires are all the way in and visable in the windows on the back of the punches and that the punch is pressed all the way down. I'm no expert at this, but these things sound like what you may want to check and I believe some people in the earlier comments in this thread had issues with not actually installing their wires correctly in the punches. Hope this might help, later.
    Hello again guys. I hooked my stick up to my wifes laptop, which is running Win7 32 bit and it still wont install the bootloader. Windows says there are no drivers for it. Do I need to download drivers for the computer to run the bootloader? Sounded like it should install from the Cerberus, but so far its not working. Cerberus mode seems to work fine, though I probably have to check my wires to make sure the buttons are hooked up where they should be. I think 360 mode might be fine. Is it normal to not have the analog bars for the joysick and only have the hat show up in the controller settings? I didn't realize that switching to dp makes they hat control work in 360 mode at first. I think my only problem now is the bootloader, any idea what I should do? Later.

Bootloader drivers are not a big deal, it's only used when updating the firmware. The reason I suggest using the bootloader mode after installation to check things is because it cycles the player LEDs which is a good test to make sure they're all working. They will cycle regardless of the drivers being installed.

There's currently no new firmware, so for now just ignore the drivers. They get installed when the updating program is installed (FLIP).

As for the mod otherwise, if you have verified that both modes can pop up, and that all the buttons respond correctly in the properties manager you're good to go. The directionals should always be set to DP anyway, but it sounds like your directions work also which is good.

kleners said:
    Can anyone who has Advance modded a Round One. Help me out. I Ran the USB to the USB out then ran wire from XBOX in to the Xbox board using the clip connectors on the Cerberus. then wired all the buttons and leds to the center board. i did notice its just the signals going to the board no ground. is this normal?
    anyway. ON PC it will boot into PS3 mode but i get no lights or active controls. bootloader mode doesn't show lights. I am on win7 so XBOX mode does nothing. On the Systems i get no connection lights or controls on PS3 or Xbox.
    Spoiler:
    It's hard to tell, but are your ribbon cables back in place on the 360 board or the cerberus? You should take a multimeter and verify connections, power, and ground are connected on both of the PCBs and that you also have continuity to the terminal blocks and control panels. There's a black wire soldered to the GND pin of the JLF spot on the 360 PCB that I don't see going anywhere on the cerberus board. Both boards need power and ground to function, it's just usually carried between the boards by the USB connections.

Can you clarify that if you hold LP you can force 360 mode on your PC? Win7 should pop up in the game controller apps for the 360 side and allow you to check button/direction response.

Ah ok, did not realize I needed Flip installed before Windows would have the drivers, cool. So aside from maybe some buttons being on the wrong contacts, I am probably good to go on my dual mod side of my stick mod. Thanks for the reply Phreakazoid, how was the vacation?

The only thing I am looking for now is a guide that says what number each button should be in windows for 360 so I can make sure its set up right before I close it up.

Out of curriosity I figure I will ask real fast and maybe one of the guys here might know. I have a Sparky as well, while I was waiting trying to figure out how to do the advanced install of the Cerberus, I went ahead and played with the Sparky, just to have something to do. For some reason only 3 buttons would light, i think it was p1-3. The other buttons would light if I hooked them up to the outputs that the other 3 were lighting on, but the other outputs were not doing anything as far as I could tell. Could this be a programming issue or am I looking at a faulty Sparky? I have an FTDI cable now, but have not tried it yet as I was pretty ocd about my Cerberus install.

Just had a nice Duh! moment...didnt think about simply tracing where all my buttons are going through the wires and such and make sure they are soldered correctly that way....sheesh.
  • slaycruzslaycruz Joined: Posts: 959
    i recently got a ttt2 te-s modded with a cerberus and was trying to put the new jap mounted crown in gave up and put jlf in...but now the stick has now power....not sure what it can be....possibly bad usb ?Im at work now and didnt have time to go thru thread to troubleshoot....any ideas guys?
    Previous signature removed per hakdizzles request in order to obtain voltech stick.....
  • gahrlinggahrling Better safe than Hori.. Joined: Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭
    slaycruz said:
    i recently got a ttt2 te-s modded with a cerberus and was trying to put the new jap mounted crown in gave up and put jlf in...but now the stick has now power....not sure what it can be....possibly bad usb ?Im at work now and didnt have time to go thru thread to troubleshoot....any ideas guys?

Check that all USB wires are correctly in place & punched down between the Cerberus, 360 pcb, and USB cable.
    Yeah what gahrling said, check the USB connections it's the most likely suspect. You can also test with a voltmeter between VCC and GND to make sure the board is indeed powered. You may have bumped stuff when installing the other stick is all.

Check on PC also so that you get feedback on what mode is being run and all of that.
  • AkiroAkiro Joined: Posts: 42
    I just tested the mod and the PS3/PC mode works perfectly fine. but for some reason the 360 mode isn't working.... any ideas why?
    Check the USB cables to the 360 PCB, make sure they're in all the way and punched down entirely. Test on PC with LP (X) Held down to force 360 mode.
  • TuckTuck Large Member Joined: Posts: 330
    Any tricks for getting an LS-32 to work in a TE-S with this mod? The stick board and Cerberus are trying to occupy the same space. :(

Or should I just pull up the pcb and move it?
    I wouldn't let you sleep in my room if you were growing on my ass.
    Try it out. Worst case is they don't get bitten into and it will come up unknown, probably will be fine though
  • 015erscrub015erscrub Joined: Posts: 11
    hi im trying to get the cerberus to work but im having a hard time. I connected all of the cables to the right slot and I only get one flash on the xbox guide button and then it doesnt do anything. If i hold the start button the lights will go around in clock wise fashion but nothing else works. I hear the Usb sound on my computer and it just says unrecognized usb device. Any tips on how to get this thing to work?
    The single flash and cycling LEDs mean that the board at least has power and the code is running, but chances are either the green or white wire are not all the way bitten into.

Remove the wires, check them out to see if that's correct. If you can't see copper at all they haven't been bitten into. One thing to do is to clip the bitten ends, strip off some more of the sheath and give yourself some more wire and clean ends to work with. Make sure the wires at all the way into the connector and you can see the colors through the little windows. Once you can, squeeze the connectors down firm and fast, make sure they are ALL the way down.
    Here are some pictures, I still cant get it to workUonujRI.jpg TsSm8vz.jpg taMtdE3.jpg 4AcY7hr.jpg IDJSZcn.jpg Any other tips?
    edited April 2013
    Hmm, that looks like a solid install. Let's step back a bit:

First, confirm that the button harnesses are in their correct place.. they look like it since holding start is yielding the correct response and it's not just going into bootloader mode every time without holding start.

If i hold the start button the lights will go around in clock wise fashion but nothing else works. I hear the Usb sound on my computer and it just says unrecognized usb device. Any tips on how to get this thing to work?

You actually hear the enumeration sound?

Ok, can you clarify for me (after re-connecting the USB):
    1. What operating system
    2. What happens (with the controller applet up) if you hold LP down and plug it in?
    3. What happens (with the controller applet up) if you hold LK down and plug it in?
    4. Tried this on the system(s) at all?

Post edited by Phreakazoid on
    edited April 2013
    If i mess with the wires while the usb is in the computer i can hear the sound going on and off.

1. windows 7
    2. the applet flashes once
    3. flashes one time
    4. it does the same thing =/

I can make a quick youtube video showing how i installed it and everything if you want. Also if i lift up one of the clamps for the wires on the usb connection side the light will flash once. If i lift up a clamp with the wires still in on the xbox360 pcb side then nothing flashes. You think the problem is the way im inserting the xbox 360 clamp wires?
    Post edited by 015erscrub on
    Hmm, no the 360 wires not causing any effect is fine since it doesn't deal with where the power is coming into the board.

I still think either the white or green wire aren't being bitten into, it's hard to tell from the blurry pic. Make very sure you can clearly see bite marks with copper showing inside of the bites, not just knurled spots where the metal teeth are trying to slice but don't penetrate the wire. It does happen (just had to deal with that the other night actually, took me 3 punch down tries).

Here's what I want you to do.

Option 1:
    Pull the board out of the stick and take a secondary USB cable that you may have around (a short one would be good, but really any you have on hand will suffice). Cut the end off of it and punch the wires into the USB OUT terminals on the cerberus. This will allow you more space/room to work with and also verify that the board does indeed enumerate correctly.

Option 2:
    Strip the ends of the white and green wire (not black and red, you've determined power is OK), just the last 1/4" or so, twist them so that they're nice and tight (not together, just individually twist them so their strands are tight). Then put them back in and try again. Do this ONLY with the USB OUT connection made, leave all other ribbon cables and such disconnected.

If you go option 2 route and it works, proceed to put everything back together (after you unplug the USB cable, try not to mess with connections while the board is powered it can be bad news bears).

If you go option 1 route and it works, you know the USB OUT needs to just be fanagled with a bit to bite nicely... which may mean doing option 2 anyway.

edited April 2013
    i give up man =/ I tried what you said bro..now the lights dont even come on the stick. i cant get it to work R.I.P. madcatz stick. Do you know where I can get the original usb cable the madcatz stick came with since I cant use it right now with the current stripped wires. Or is my stick done for good?
    Post edited by 015erscrub on
    015erscrub wrote: »
    i give up man =/ I tried what you said bro..now the lights dont even come on the stick. i cant get it to work R.I.P. madcatz stick. Do you know where I can get the original usb cable the madcatz stick came with since I cant use it right now with the current stripped wires. Or is my stick done for good?

No, it's not done for good. I'm sorry man, just trying to exhaust all options, this is like a worst case scenario but I'll do my best to get you up and running.

One last thing we can try, it will probably require you to simply pull more cable into the stick so you have enough to work with, but clip the ends and strip a little bit more sheathing to give you 4 new clean insulated ends to attach to the USB OUT connectors. You're pretty much going to put it back to where it was when it was initially showing a problem (where you could hold START and the LEDs would cycle correctly). Button ribbon cables and 360 PCB USB cable in place too.

The ONLY thing I can think of right now other than literally swapping your board out (if you got it through focusattack you can do it through them, otherwise through me), is that I somehow missed that one board and didn't do a final program on it and put the firmware on it.

If you get it back to the original state, try this as a last resort:
    Follow the instructions in this write up: http://beckfolio.com/focusattack/akishop/docs/PS360PlusFWUpdateGuide.pdf

The procedure to flash the firmware on the cerberus is the same as far as I can tell, so do everything the same up to step 6, where you select the firmware. In fact, if you get to step 5 without an error, this basically confirms this theory since you're "opening" a connection to the board and talking with the bootloader at that point via FLIP. If it ERRORS, the board has an issue and I owe you a working board.

http://phreakmods.com/wp-content/CerberusFirmware/Cerberus_v1.01.hex

Grab that firmware, select it in FLIP, and then continue with the flashing procedure. In win7 you might need to run the program as administrator and follow more of what the Win8 steps look like.

If you get through that, unplug it and plug it back in with nothing held down... should work now.

• Don illMatiXDon illMatiX Joined: Posts: 517
    Anyone do a super nintendo mod with this yet? Cant wait to give that a shot.
  • ed1371ed1371 Yogahh Joined: Posts: 1,267 ✭✭✭
    In love with the cerberus phreak... Used it cut down as a standalone and is so SMALL! think I am gonna switch to these for quite a few projects now!

Your stick is not nearly done.. any USB cable will work, but soldering is required. its not that hard to learn the basics

why crimp when you can solder??

PSN: Nippage
    Anyone do a super nintendo mod with this yet? Cant wait to give that a shot.
    I put a Cerberus board in a SNES game pad for PC use, Gummo did the same thing except he also added a USB hub and a Flash Drive.

No, it's not done for good. I'm sorry man, just trying to exhaust all options, this is like a worst case scenario but I'll do my best to get you up and running.

One last thing we can try, it will probably require you to simply pull more cable into the stick so you have enough to work with, but clip the ends and strip a little bit more sheathing to give you 4 new clean insulated ends to attach to the USB OUT connectors. You're pretty much going to put it back to where it was when it was initially showing a problem (where you could hold START and the LEDs would cycle correctly). Button ribbon cables and 360 PCB USB cable in place too.

The ONLY thing I can think of right now other than literally swapping your board out (if you got it through focusattack you can do it through them, otherwise through me), is that I somehow missed that one board and didn't do a final program on it and put the firmware on it.

If you get it back to the original state, try this as a last resort:
    Follow the instructions in this write up: http://beckfolio.com/focusattack/akishop/docs/PS360PlusFWUpdateGuide.pdf

The procedure to flash the firmware on the cerberus is the same as far as I can tell, so do everything the same up to step 6, where you select the firmware. In fact, if you get to step 5 without an error, this basically confirms this theory since you're "opening" a connection to the board and talking with the bootloader at that point via FLIP. If it ERRORS, the board has an issue and I owe you a working board.

http://phreakmods.com/wp-content/CerberusFirmware/Cerberus_v1.01.hex

Grab that firmware, select it in FLIP, and then continue with the flashing procedure. In win7 you might need to run the program as administrator and follow more of what the Win8 steps look like.

If you get through that, unplug it and plug it back in with nothing held down... should work now.

When i get to step 5 it tells me that I "can't open USB device"
    I owe you a working board then, something is weird with the USB lines. Potentially a 4066 chip issue, I will look into it when it gets into my hands.

If you got it from focusattack, ask Jaleel to swap your board out. He's got 1 left by the looks of it, and I'm still waiting on a restock so do it asap.

Thanks for being patient, sorry about the inconvenience.