Lets keep the dumbshit that was in the last thread out of this one. I didnt have time to remake one earlier.
Originally posted by Shodokan 123
What is mugen?
Mugen is a fighting game engine. It was originally developed by Elecbyte from 1998-2002. The game engine started out pretty bland at first, but it allowed you to create dream matches such as Kyo Vs Ryu FAR before the CvS series came out. The first character to be made for it was made by the elecbyte development team. His name is kung-fu man, and has progressed right along with the engine. Every release of the engine has added more options for coding, now it is at the point where you can code ANYTHING you like, from CustomCombo commands to Parrying even to random lvl 3 supers when preforming a super.
Where can i get it
The current and most used version of mugen is "WinMugen" Which was created by the NoLimit Team.
1. Download the No Limit Mugen Patch(the actual engine)
2. Download the patch fix and put it in your mugen folder, run it and find the directory with the browse feature with the fix. Run the fix.
Ok now i have it, where do i get characters and stages?
You can find these at the sites in the link section of this thread
How do i change the look of my mugen?
You will need to download and install screenpacks and lifebars.
Once you download them make sure to put the files in the correct places, and READ THE README for them. Some ask to be put in subfolders in the data folder and some require you to place them straight into the folder.
These can also be found on the sites in the links section.
Now this is actually pretty easy, and yes i am calling you a dumb ass if you can't do it. But ok here is a tutorial on how to do it.
1. Download Character
2. Unzip them with winzip or Winrar to your "chars" folder. Make sure that when you unzip you use the name of the .def file of that character for the folder you need to make for them. Also make sure that you do not have a folder inside a folder, or it wont work.
3. Go to data folder and open up select.def
4. Find the spots to place your characters if using a screenpack. If not just place them in there like this
kfm, stages/kfm.def, order=1
kfm_cap, stages/Acebg.def, order=2
evilryuMB, stages/anrimayu.def, order=3
evilryu, stages/frozen01.def, order=5
evilken, stages/blackheart_stage.def, order=5
EvilDan, stages/MSH_shuma2.def, order=5
Dan_Violent, stages/flames.def, order=1
V-Ken, stages/outback.def, order=4
Ken-Zero3, stages/Sonson2.def, order=1
sfken, stages/sfbonus.def, order=3
Character folder name, stages/Stagename.def, order=1-10
-If there is no stage then just do , order=1-10
-Order = diffidulty and placement of character in arcade mode, 10 = hardest obviously
Evil Dan - ?
Evil Ken - reu
Evil Ryu - reu
Ogre Akuma - ?
Broli - Cute Flowa Girl
Yun - Cute Flowa Girl & Necromancer (has genijin only, but qcb x2, i will post my edited yun.cmd to make it qcf x2.
Dark Chun Li - Big ELi King
Dragon Claw - Reu
Adding stages & Making them play music
1. Download stage
2. Unzip them with winzip or Winrar to your "stages" folder.
3. Open up select.def and go down to the "extra stages" area
4. Install them like so
stages/stage.def (must match .def in your stages folder)
5. To add music to your stage, go into the stages folder and find the .def of the stage you want to add music to. Place your .mp3 or .wav into your sound folder.
6. Add your mp3/wav to the music part of the stage
bgmusic = sound/onimusha_2_-_gifu_castle.mp3
bgvolume = 255
bgvolume = 255
7. If you are adding a stage as someone's specific stage then do not add it to the extra stages area, add it after the first ", " behind that character and use the same way to install as stated in character part
These places are where you get your stages/screenpacks/characters
(random kof characters)
(cammy, mai, nude mai)
(lots o bookmarks)
Tutorial with pictures much similar to mine:
Stage Creation(these are in different languages... cant help that just do your best)
(in french, use babble fish to translate)
(advanced stage making & basics guide)
MCM tut (chinese): http://mugenchina.mgbr.net/teach/elecTut1.html
3s sprite capturing: http://www.newwavemugen.com/~zweifuss/tutorial.htm