Do you consider yourself an OG member?

Comments

• HavatchuHavatchu Joined: Posts: 4,734
    I'm old enough to remember Bloofy, Gaia raids, Liokaiser's foot fetishes, and SNAAAAKE drinking his own jizz (at least I THINK it was SNAAAAAKE).

What.

No, I'm not an OG.

Apparently Azure thinks I'm technically still new, so I guess I'll still be new in like 3 years.

It's whatevs.
    Insanity is freedom
    The moment I fell in love with specs- "I believe in the Beyblader philosophy, for I am one who Beyblades."
    Shaft's posts are canon.
  • MeljinMeljin Anti bro drama, anti dick riding, anti immaturity. Joined: Posts: 474
    I started playing SF when I was 14-15, with most of my arcade torture occurring on CE under "3 rounds, attack while stunned, no throwing" rules. Buying rolls of quarters at a time to get bodied was the most interesting thing to look forward to on my weekends. Lurked around here around '00, but did not really have that much interest in the "scene" in my city per se. Now I show up to get bodied in just about everything I put my hands on. *sigh*

Does that make me "OG"? Meh, just makes me older with even slower reactions and less of a desire to listen to lame shittalk/dick riding.

Oh, and the "johnson bros" are still here. Trust me on this.
  • AzureAzure E-Sports is fucking retarded. Joined: Posts: 9,048
    In the animated movie, several main TFs were destroyed. New TFs were brought in to replace them. The universe would get continuously worse as time went on, with G2, Beast Machines, Armada, etc. The random new good members are like Beast Wars.

I am aware.

As per my eulogy for Prowl in my previous post.
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.

eSports is fucking retarded.
  • Jack_FrostJack_Frost M.C Joined: Posts: 6,674
    I only got that trophy for joining before the influx of new people haha
    There aren't 50 hours in a 5 day span...
    CRYING
  • Carpet LintCarpet Lint MUHFUGGA NEVA LOVED US Joined: Posts: 3,404
    Thanks, but why am I notable?
    You're not. OOOOOOOOHHHHH

That is how we know that guy is not OG, because name dropping Az is like saying you used to watch Power Rangers "when they were still in space."

If someone remembers Zero when he used to talk in third person or when Brandon Lee reigned as the top inscrutable wise poster...then that is OG.

And all those were still way before the patented 24 threads and SRK Higher Institute of Tiering "discussions" as well.

On another unrelated topic, I have been on this site way too fucking long, I don't even like fighting games.
  • Monster637Monster637 Rage Trigger Joined: Posts: 1,212
    I started playing SF when I was 14-15, with most of my arcade torture occurring on CE under "3 rounds, attack while stunned, no throwing" rules. Buying rolls of quarters at a time to get bodied was the most interesting thing to look forward to on my weekends. Lurked around here around '00, but did not really have that much interest in the "scene" in my city per se. Now I show up to get bodied in just about everything I put my hands on. *sigh*

Does that make me "OG"? Meh, just makes me older with even slower reactions and less of a desire to listen to lame shittalk/dick riding.

Oh, and the "johnson bros" are still here. Trust me on this.
    Dont feel bad i grew up on hawaii and the no throwing rule was here to for sf2 ,,,,,But it was hit n grabs .......short short short grab, jab jab jab grab, Shit would end with , people stomping each others ass in in the dengy arcades. or a scrap in the parking lot,stabbed,,Took me years to get it back in my head that hit n grab is legit,,,,,,i still barely grab unless its a free one
    Sent From under Your bed......Using Your MOM!!!
  • MeljinMeljin Anti bro drama, anti dick riding, anti immaturity. Joined: Posts: 474
    Dont feel bad i grew up on hawaii and the no throwing rule was here to for sf2 ,,,,,But it was hit n grabs .......short short short grab, jab jab jab grab, Shit would end with , people stomping each others ass in in the dengy arcades. or a scrap in the parking lot,stabbed,,Took me years to get it back in my head that hit n grab is legit,,,,,,i still barely grab unless its a free one
    There was no stabby stabby or anything like that for most of the arcades I was at (as long as you did not mouth off to the wrong people). Still, SF2 life was tough for poke/non shoto chars with no DP/throwing (Vega FTW). Over the years, I have migrated into a throwing centric approach at times, which works against me alot.
  • Diek StiekemDiek Stiekem Team triple terror for MvCi Joined: Posts: 2,607 mod
    Snip.

Talking about OG, I miss the old Battle Poll days :(

I guess OG is in part nostalgia and part being respected by fellow members.

Good to see longtime posters in this thread.. yup there's that nostalgia part XD
    "Such Heroic Nonsense!"

PSN: DiekStiekem
    XBL: DiekStiekemSRK
  • VynceVynce Hater. Joined: Posts: 14,658
    I am aware.

As per my eulogy for Prowl in my previous post.

Oh. I missed that. Zeroed in on "huh."

Instruments of destructioooooonnnn!!'
    "My name is Pertho and I like whoopi goldbergs tits."-Pertho
  • spideymanspideyman Much Luv to the Midwest Joined: Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Been here since 01 and lurked for a while before I registered. Only time I post is in threads like this.

Tapatalk
    Much love to the midwest.
  • OsbjornOsbjorn Please accept this gift from my people Joined: Posts: 411
    My name is Osbjorn Gulbranson
    My Initials are Literally O.G
    Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3: Viper/dante/strider viper/frank west/dante magneto/frank west dante
    Sfxt: Paul, Law, Bob, Guy, Heihachi, Ken
    Skullgirls: parasoul
  • PreppyPreppy act like you're used to it Joined: Posts: 14,149 admin
    Nope. I worked and played with the Cannons back in 1998 (?), but "only" joined the site in Nov 2001 (member #1122), lurked for a long time, and didn't find out about tournaments outside of Cali until late 2002 because I'm dumb. I just remember Valle, Watson, and Ricky from Tips and Tricks and wishing we had tournaments in our area. You know, like the ones the Cannons and then Rattana were already running. :sad:

A lot of the local scene was too disorganized to keep track of logins/passwords, so our local OGs are generally on new accounts or just lurk these days. I think Row said he had 8 accounts that he was locked out of. :lol:

I was trying to confirm my join date, and noticed you can actually figure out who joined when by just typing in a number! Add any number to this:
    * http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?members/
    , and you get redirected to that member. FWIW, it goes:
    #1 <invalid>
    #2 inkblot
    #3 omni
    #4 hsien
    #5 javi
    #6 ponder
    #7 trag
    #8 sabin
    #9 jackthefob
    #10 blt
    #11 choiboy
    , and then a bunch of noobs.
    When I mention Viscant's fleshlight review in other threads people don't believe me. They think I'm trolling :D
    Drop this URL on them:
    * http://pastebin.com/kj8pkcry

And don't forget the pre-crash archive of awesome:
    * http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/mega-archive-of-pre-03-crash-srk-threads.40379/

http://zachd.com/mvc2 : My giant archive of fighting game videos, centered around MvC2.
    "If you don't feel like killing yourself every time you lose you will never be good. Apologyman is going to be a monster someday as long as he keeps staying miserable." --Brightside6382

• BiGGDaddyCaneBiGGDaddyCane ☵☳☷☵☴☵☳☲☷☵ Joined: Posts: 932
    " I Give It Two Cocks Up "

What a godlike way to end a review for a fleshlight.
    " I'll stain my hands with your blood - Geese "
    KOF 98 Slugfest Dream Match Never Ends
  • KillaFoxKillaFox I wish a nigga would on every candle. Joined: Posts: 2,197
    I lurked the MvC2 forums since like 07ish, GD just seem too Elitist for me. So I kept my ass over at Tekken Zaibustu for dat chit chat cafe.
  • specsspecs Excuse me, princess! Joined: Posts: 6,380 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I once jerked off to a redtube video of a guy mouth-fucking another guy in latex and a ring gag.

I mean I'm not OG. I joined in 2002 but I'm still a relative mystery. Even to myself. The Zelda cartoon is the shit.
    Carlos and Dave Anime Rave is the BEST damn anime review show on the internet! AnimeRave.xyz
  • RoGE9RoGE9 Joined: Posts: 1,703
    I am not an OG, first time I started taking fighting games seriously was when I started to notice UltimateMK.com, I posted there back in 2006. Had some good times with UMK3, loved that game. I think I might of joined this site around that time if it wasn't for a thread on SRK that was posted on UltimateMK.com, on the thread there were a bunch of ignorant people bashing the game, saying it was broken etc. I think the overall elitist atmosphere is what really turned me off, if I did join I would probably use my old name, Iori9.
  • oldschool_BRoldschool_BR Projectile spammer Joined: Posts: 2,442
    #1 <invalid>
    #2 inkblot
    #3 omni
    #4 hsien
    #5 javi
    #6 ponder
    #7 trag
    #8 sabin
    #9 jackthefob
    #10 blt
    #11 choiboy
    , and then a bunch of noobs.
    Joke noticed, and laughed at.
  • Spirit JuiceSpirit Juice 「HATES EVERYTHING」 Joined: Posts: 15,019 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    When I mention Viscant's fleshlight review in other threads people don't believe me. They think I'm trolling :D

I'm going to be staying with the Broken Tier crew this week during Evo; I wonder if I should mention the Fleshlight review thread to Viscant when I inevitably meet him. :rofl:
  • Axl_m4sterAxl_m4ster This is how I look like, don't make fun Joined: Posts: 2,423
    all i want is to be 19 years old again. and for it to be 1994 again.

it gets harder and harder to get out of bed each morning.
    LOGIC AND REASON ARE OVERRATED VIRTUES.
  • DarkMage724DarkMage724 Whoops Joined: Posts: 430
    Bring back OG APEX you bastards.
    rawr
  • Orochi KenOrochi Ken Banks 4 Prez Joined: Posts: 694
    Reporting for duty. What do I have to do again?
    I asked them about APEX last year. Supposedly tournaments would have a lot of mysteriously high turnouts, or you'd have "one entry fee enters you into everything" or other methods used to imbalance the APEX scaling.

I miss the shields. Maybe have them tied to join date instead of post count?

http://zachd.com/mvc2 : My giant archive of fighting game videos, centered around MvC2.
    "If you don't feel like killing yourself every time you lose you will never be good. Apologyman is going to be a monster someday as long as he keeps staying miserable." --Brightside6382

edited August 2015
    Almost the links here are from the WayBack Machine. This means that they're from that date and if you want to actually read the full threads/links, you probably want to go forward in the WayBack Machine first so you don't skip out on the later additions.
    I used to read the ST and XvSF sections, but never felt the need to post until Super SFIV came out, and I knew I was going to play it a fair bit (which I did, and now don't). I used to be away all day in #capcom and download Battle by the Bay vids on dial-up in Preppy's hub, if that counts? :) The last 12 years went really quick. I can remember when SFIII was being previewed in magazines like it was yesterday, and laughably (now) basic FAQs going up quick for A3 when that hit. I guess the real hardcore were discussing this shit online when Super Turbo came out, or even Hyper Fighting, on the newsgroups. Respectful, innocent times.
    I'm not sure if that disqualifies you as OG or not. :lol:

The GoForBroke DirectConnect hub wasn't originally "mine". I took it over from DrFunkenstein (join date on that account may 2001) when he disappeared (original "SF Vids @ Go For Broke Hub" thread). And then we started getting a massive influx of people who just wanted to download stuff and not share, or who had a bunch of ... illicit stuff I couldn't have my computers touching (I'm under light but continued legal scrutiny because of my job). So it made progressively more sense for me to have a site. And about April 2007, I finally canned the dying GFB hub in favor of solely hosting on zachd.com.

For further context: I bought the zachd.com domain name around Feb 2004, and started using it to host videos about Aug 2004. By at least December 2004 I was sharing a huge amount of videos via AIM file transfer, via the hub, and via my normal user account on nwlink.com. (The nwlink.com videos probably started appearing up there in 2003 or so. I'm too lazy to check.) Funk disappeared right about then (late 2004), so by January 2005 we moved from "GFB" to "smash" (also as per this). April 2005 is the point at which things started getting out of control as regards everybody wanting footage via AIM, so I stopped doing AIM transfers, the ghetto way I used to handle the footage.

Then NWLink started freaking out in February 2007 since I was doing "nearly" a terabyte of traffic a month just via zachd.com, so I moved hosts March 2007 to one that could handle terabytes of traffic without charging me a kazillion dollars. I was regularly doing around 40-50 terabytes a month for a long while, but since I haven't done any substantial filming in a while, it's down to "only" ~2TB per month for the past year.

Also OG - Siegfried's Fighter Mania.

And fuck, I forgot about this:
    * My printable MvC2 move lists
    , which was the reason I was lurking SRK in the first place. (Other move lists can be found here here, and yes the typos in those move lists directly correlate to the moves that I still screw up. :lol:)

God bless the WayBack Machine.

If anything you're looking for isn't in the Pre-Crash Archive, you might want to try the WayBack Machine.

Aaaaand as regards my ties to Evo...
    I work at MS, and MS bought VxTreme back in the day. That's where the Cannons worked after college. The first day they came to Redmond, the entire product team went out to Zones Arcade to play games all day. We all sat on XvSF and the Capcom games together and played until the buses left. I eventually bought a sweet 25" SFII:CE cabinet with Wico Perfect 360 sticks (best sticks ever made) and brought that into work. We'd play the Vs series or some iteration of SF3 after work and I'd kind mostly hold my own against their far better technical play. During this time I had zero idea that they were running local tournaments at Quarters Arcade - right near where I lived - , or that tournaments were really a thing outside of Tips and Tricks magazines. Then they left MS.
    I kept playing at work and the local arcades, and eventually was walking around SouthCenter Mall with my then-gf. They had a random "MvC2 tournament this weekend!" sign up, so I ended up going and meeting the rest of the Seattle FGC then. (If you're a Seattleite, this was Kuan's 'welcome back' tournament in 2003.) They convinced me to go to Evo, and I was stunned to see the Cannons again. :)

edit: Updates while I'm thinking about it.

Post edited by Preppy on

• Spirit JuiceSpirit Juice 「HATES EVERYTHING」 Joined: Posts: 15,019 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Bring back OG APEX you bastards.

Yeah man I can't wait to have 100,000 points cus I keep making up fake tournaments and winning them all!
  • goodm0urninggoodm0urning AWKWARD... BITCH Joined: Posts: 14,235
    Started playing SF in 1992, knew about the community before SRK existed, was on agsf2 mainly as a lurker around the time it was beset with posts by SFA3 noobs, wore out a copy of the SFA2 Superbook, bought the B4 tapes and opened them like a kid on Christmas, etc. I'm still not an OG.

Honestly, unless you were a competitor before SRK started (or otherwise involved in the community somehow), how OG are you really?
    http://web.archive.org/web/19991003222835/http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/6785/

...glad we have such a thing as internet archives.... *tears up*

*BONUS EDIT*
    the revamped site was even better:

http://web.archive.org/web/19991002120641/http://gpow.com/
    I love you.
  • CalcalCalcal Joined: Posts: 1,128
    I asked them about APEX last year. Supposedly tournaments would have a lot of mysteriously high turnouts, or you'd have "one entry fee enters you into everything" or other methods used to imbalance the APEX scaling.

I miss the shields. Maybe have them tied to join date instead of post count?

If shields were brought back does that mean only OG members would get galaga ships? Wasn't a red ship 20-30k posts and a white one 10?

Or the shields can be relative to the amount of likes a person has like sorta like a rep system but not really. Though I do miss rep I don't think its going be brought back after so many new members joined with SFIV
    Pokemon FC: 2749 7678 1016
    Advance Wars: 433915-918661
    Av by BIGWORM
  • ioio Joined: Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Jan 1, 2001. So close to being a true OG haha
    (you're == you are) != your
  • Amazing FunbagsAmazing Funbags The J-Cup Lover Joined: Posts: 17,873
    04 or 05 for me so no =/
    Boobologist Ph.D
  • piskooooopiskooooo anime swag Joined: Posts: 4,386
    I was 10 years old when most of you joined SRK.
  • DarkMage724DarkMage724 Whoops Joined: Posts: 430
    Yeah man I can't wait to have 100,000 points cus I keep making up fake tournaments and winning them all!

You can't prove that the 128 man mvc2 tournament in my garage was fake! I went undefeated and won this tourney btw...now give me my points.
    rawr
  • Pained AuronPained Auron teh cock of justice Joined: Posts: 2,098
    I'm going to be staying with the Broken Tier crew this week during Evo; I wonder if I should mention the Fleshlight review thread to Viscant when I inevitably meet him. :rofl:

i'm sure he will remember it
    R.I.P. Brian Graham aka Mummy-B 3-28-82 - 8-25-04
    with blood and rage of crimson red..ripped from a corpse so freshly dead.together with our hellish hate.we'll burn you all-THAT IS YOUR FATE
  • Tom Goes to the MaTom Goes to the Ma g Joined: Posts: 427
    i forget to clarify, that in this thread, OG means Obviously Gay.

looks like a good percentage of people here are obviously gay.
  • NickRocksNickRocks DeathPlay Joined: Posts: 22,731
    I've read that mega archive enough to kind of know what people are referring to (i believe in lurk first talk later)

were the johnson brothers the ones who were "almost legendary"?
    King of the Post-09ers
    In Dusty We Trusty
    Last of the Prembers, R.I.P. my nibbas
    Maximilian is a racist thief
    https://clips.twitch.tv/maximilian_dood/DifferentBeeHeyGuys
  • PointBreak91PointBreak91 Custom costumes for SFV please Cap Joined: Posts: 666
    Fleshlight incident is pretty modern in the chronology of Mr Snyder Esquire. If he pops in here, I'd like to see him reflect once more on how his bust leg made him a champ MvSF player ;) I used to enjoy those long, intelligent posts :coffee: They kinda stood out on here at that point...

Funny how back then the Alpha and Vs guys were the nu-skool punks held in contempt by the born-in-the-70s SFII crew. Now it seems more a case of anything from the 90s >>>>> polygons, ultras and dlc gems :rofl:
    twitch.tv/nyc_vf
  • Hagure MetaruHagure Metaru pushed too short! Joined: Posts: 517
    I like these threads cuz old f.n heads pop up. Hai guyz!

Not an srk og, I only came here cuz of f.n's first crash. Though I did lurk agsf2.

PS: It's crazy how many ppl are in secretchannel these days
    -
    Hagure Metaru, a Slime who stopped using this sig a long time ago
  • rcaidorcaido Dynamic Bayside Duo Joined: Posts: 8,370
    My asian wife is OG, not me though...
  • Tekno VirusTekno Virus small man big strength Joined: Posts: 8,696
    Lots of people liked the song on this trailer:

The Gates of Creation are manifold. I vow to enter them all.
    Dellusions are inexhaustible.
    I vow to end them all.
    Sentient beings are numberless.
    I vow to save them all.

The Kree Way is SUPREME.
  • GorehoundGorehound Awesome, Awesome to the Max! Joined: Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I had an account here in 2001, but something happened and I couldn't log in to my account anymore. Not to mention my old email account is dead, so I joined back again in 2004.

I'm more proud to be an OG Fighting Game Player. Played my first fighter Street Fighter 1 at the local Video Store where I rented a lot of Kung Fu films back in 1988. I do miss the Southern Hills Golfland years.

Anybody remember that Galaga style game they had in SRK many years ago?
    UMvC3: She-Hulk/Iron Fist/Firebrand/Hawkeye/Taskmaster
    LoL: Fizz/Akali/LeBlanc/Fiora/Irelia/Vayne/Caitlyn/Shyvana/Nautilus/Volibear
    MK9: Kabal, Reptile, Sindel, Kitana, Freddy Krueger
    SSF4AE2012: Dictator, Rufus, Chun Li, C. Viper
  • AYO?!AYO?! Strong Style Hips. Joined: Posts: 19,032
    Nope, I don't consider myself OG, maybe in another five years.

I do consider myself better than the '08 and forward crowd though.
    PSN tag: AYO_Merc, XBOne: AYO Merc, Steam: AYO_Merc.
    Lover of all things Jojo's, WRRRRY!
    New AV: Savaii64. Former AV's: Streak, LBC, Csp4here, Tuna Fish Riot, goodm0urning, and Aria.
  • fishjiefishjie no Joined: Posts: 4,837 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    oh holy fuck this brings back a flood of memories.

master akuma :lol:

johnson brothers. their mom had to drop them off at tournaments and later their mom even posted on SRK to say stop making fun of my kids.

omg memories.

but yeah to answer the OP, look at my fucking join date.
    Nicky's methods of betting weren't scientific, but they worked. When he won, he collected. When he lost, he told the bookies to go fuck themselves. I mean, what were they going to do, muscle Nicky? Nicky was the muscle