JoJo's Bizarre Adventure All-Star Battle confirmed by Bandai-Namco

Comments

• thoughtbirdthoughtbird BRAZIERS|THOUGHTBIRD Joined: Posts: 431
    They should put in Jesus from Steel Ball Run.
    SCENE REBOOTED!!! #getatme
  • Pete278Pete278 Yare yare daze Joined: Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭
    I know what stands are. that is not what I was referring to. if you look at the manga or the capcom, there is a lot more transparency appearing when it comes to stands since they "phase in" and out a lot. it just makes them look better. for example magician red's legs are like flames and are kinda flowy and unclear on the bottom. there's also the idle animation that jotaro has with SP's hand appearing and flexing.

it's a matter of friction/juicyness in the way that the stands are represented is all.
    I think they look better just being fully opaque except for when they're called in or out. I don't think Star Platinum or The World would look as strong as they are with them being partially transparent. I've never really noticed any transparency in the manga, either, I'll have to go back and take another look.

I thought Magician's Red's legs were fire because that was kind of its thing. If I could control fire, I'd probably wear fire all the time too.

EDIT: 3/4 is close enough to done, here's the almost finished set of move lists for the first four characters revealed. I'll do the other revealed characters when their move lists are, y'know, out.
    Come visit my blog http://www.frametrap.net/, the new home of the crossdressing Pirate King of down under, and get all the latest scoops on my thoughts on all things crossdressing, fighting gamey, and in between!
  • jedpossumjedpossum Ok, Darling Joined: Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should put in Jesus from Steel Ball Run.
    He'll have his appearance at least.
    I occasionally stream so you can see how boring poking around in the memory is. http://www.hitbox.tv/jedpossum/ [8/6/2014 8:19:53 PM] Pasky: jedpossum, hacker of the obscure fighting games
    I only just noticed I was retarded and didn't actually post the link to the move lists, so here: http://www.frametrap.net/2012/11/more-jojos-all-star-translation-stuff.html. Wham's done now, as well, so the first four characters are all done now.
    Come visit my blog http://www.frametrap.net/, the new home of the crossdressing Pirate King of down under, and get all the latest scoops on my thoughts on all things crossdressing, fighting gamey, and in between!
    Jump Festa this weekend! Who's excited for the new trailer?

Remember, the surprise is knives.
  • KaviteeKavitee Joined: Posts: 787 ✭✭
    GER looks like such horse shit, I love it

Capcom Young Joseph as New Hol Horse is too good
    As if that guy thinks Yukako is minor, Yukako was hella important. Japan loves yandere.
  • KawwKaww ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ Joined: Posts: 508 ✭✭
  • Ragnorok64Ragnorok64 My muscles have no memory. Joined: Posts: 4,918 ✭✭✭✭
    Crap that trailer showed Weather Report as a background character. Does that mean he won't be playable in this one?
    Crap that trailer showed Weather Report as a background character. Does that mean he won't be playable in this one?
    Dio's the stage hazard in the part 3 stage (in the car with the senator), so it doesn't entirely discount him.
  • AbbachioAbbachio :MORTUM: RERO RERO RERO! Joined: Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭
    Is JJASB playable at Jump Festa? Was hoping to see more gameplay :3
    {]JoJo's ASB: Kars/PB Dio/Funny Valentine/Bruno[}
    {]JoJo's: Jotaro/Hol/PolPol[}

XBL: Mortum Kujo -=- PSN: Mortum_Kujo -=- NID: Mortum
  • RyugaRyuga Emperor Time Joined: Posts: 3,260 ✭✭✭
    Yo, that rumor character list sounds hot, especially with Yukako, Koichi, Narancia and Valentine making it in, can't wait to see them in action. Jojo is a series where I pretty much like everyone, even minor characters so I'm happy with whoever they put in. Now, if they put in Lisa Lisa, that'll make my day.

Hermes sounds exactly like I thought she'd sound, which is cool. Apparently, it's Baiken's voice actor from Accent Core. And Dio, he's sick, as expected.

Lmao at Josuke's armor move "What'd you say about my hair?!" This game's looking great. Also, "YES, I AM!"
    http://www.youtube.com/user/OtogiMatsuri
    www.gab.com
    PSN ID: Otogi-Matsuri
  • REALPLAYERREALPLAYER Joined: Posts: 1,649 ✭✭
    what a beautiful game.
    Mag/Dorm/Sent; Wolv/Dorm/Verg; Dante/Trish/others; Mag/VJoe/RR; Skrull/Nova/Spenc; Tron/Frank/others; Wesk/Dog/Akuma; Morr/MODOK/others; Nova/IM/Strange; Hawk/Dorm/Sent; Skrull/Chris/Doom; Hag/Hulk/Doom; Hag/Spenc/others; Tron/Spenc/Shulk; Hulk/Skrull/Shulk; Shulk/Task/Akuma; Morr/Strange/Phnx; GR/Nova/Phnx; Tron/Thor/Phnx; Viper/VJoe/others; Viper/SkrullFank/Doom; Hulk/MODOK/Dorm; Hulk/Pool/Mag; Zero/MODOK/FB; FB/MagDogDorm/others; Spider/StormX23/HawkStrider/IMRR/GRShulk; Cap/RRDoom/HawkThor/Viper others; X23/MorrArth/TronRR/ChrisHulk; Jill/IMDoom/DanteAkuma/TaskSent; Wolv/Pool/Sent; Thor/others/Strange; Thor/Trish/Doom; others/ Nova/Thor; Dfndrs; IF/others/Fel; Tron/PW/?; others/PW/Dog; VJoe/H-Ko/Shulk; Nem/Ryu/others; others/Morr/Shuma; GR/Shulk/H-Ko/Shuma
  • Leebee LinkLeebee Link Iroquois Pliskin Joined: Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭
    what a beautiful game.

Indeed. it'll be such a disappointment if the wonderful assets from it aren't used to make a great fighting game...

about those rumours, I could do without most of them. I just want Buccellati. CC2 pls ; ;

actually, I take it back. Koichi and Yukako would be awesome. I would also like to see some tender scenes with Koichi and Jotaro (HE'S NOT HEARTLESS!!) make it into the game.
    JoJo's Bizarre Adventure- Mariah, Jotaro
    KoF XIII- Robert, Elisabeth, Ash
    Battle Fantasia- Urs, Ashley, Face
    what a beautiful game.
    Its like a picnic.
    *munch*
  • JocelotJocelot Don't give up! Joined: Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭
    I feel bad for only knowing the characters from Stardust Crusaders but it's nice to see the characters from the other series are just as wacky lol.
    Party Robot!!
    Now my head can spin. I'll be around for a million years, so let the party begin.
    jak d ripr wrote: »
    That shit had me in stitches. Nigga went for all these flashy set-ups and doom was like hold these boots.
  • sandwichofdoomsandwichofdoom Hyped for Injustice: Gods among us Joined: Posts: 1,073 ✭✭
    As if that guy thinks Yukako is minor, Yukako was hella important. Japan loves yandere.
    As for Ghiaccio, he is surprisingly popular among some circles (personally he may be my favourite minor villain of that part), the only minor part 5 villain who may top him in popularity is risotto.
    MVC3: (Firebrand/Ghost Rider/Dormmamu), (Skrull/Rocket Raccoon/Nova),(Iron Fist/Hawkeye/Shuma Gorath),(Modok/Doctor Strange/Deadpool)
    Mortal Kombat: Kabal,Kenshi GG:Zappa,Faust SSF4: Vega,Bison,Juri 3's: Alex,twelve
    sfxt: Rolento,Hwoarang, King,Lei,Bryan Tekken: Feng, King, Hwoarang,Lei SC:Voldo Skullgirls: Peacock
    Darkstalkers: L.raprtor,Donovan,Jedah,Anakaris. Blazblue: Arakune JoJo's: JoJo, Dio, S.Dio
    As for Ghiaccio, he is surprisingly popular among some circles (personally he may be my favourite minor villain of that part), the only minor part 5 villain who may top him in popularity is risotto.
    In the compilation of Jojo's characters drawn by other famous manga artists, Ghiaccio was the only non-main character drawn. Most of it was Jotaro, Jolyne, bit of Giorno and Josuke and then bam! Ghiaccio, drawn by Kubo, artist of Bleach.

Suck on that Hol Horse.
  • sandwichofdoomsandwichofdoom Hyped for Injustice: Gods among us Joined: Posts: 1,073 ✭✭
    In the compilation of Jojo's characters drawn by other famous manga artists, Ghiaccio was the only non-main character drawn. Most of it was Jotaro, Jolyne, bit of Giorno and Josuke and then bam! Ghiaccio, drawn by Kubo, artist of Bleach.

Suck on that Hol Horse.
    I like Hol Horse.......(on that note i'm glad he has the hanged man assist in this game to, it was one of my favourite stands).
    But Ghiaccio does indeed deserve his popularity,
    Spoiler:
    MVC3: (Firebrand/Ghost Rider/Dormmamu), (Skrull/Rocket Raccoon/Nova),(Iron Fist/Hawkeye/Shuma Gorath),(Modok/Doctor Strange/Deadpool)
    Mortal Kombat: Kabal,Kenshi GG:Zappa,Faust SSF4: Vega,Bison,Juri 3's: Alex,twelve
    sfxt: Rolento,Hwoarang, King,Lei,Bryan Tekken: Feng, King, Hwoarang,Lei SC:Voldo Skullgirls: Peacock
    Darkstalkers: L.raprtor,Donovan,Jedah,Anakaris. Blazblue: Arakune JoJo's: JoJo, Dio, S.Dio
    Personally, I prefer Risotto, but I do understand why he's so popular. My favourite minor villain overall would definitely be Ringo Roadagain, though.
    I like Hol Horse.......(on that note i'm glad he has the hanged man assist in this game to, it was one of my favourite stands).
    But Ghiaccio does indeed deserve his popularity,
    Spoiler:

That's one of the things I love about the manga, minor villains actually pose a threat, some fights I've been wondering which hero(s) was gonna die.

Personally, I prefer Risotto, but I do understand why he's so popular. My favourite minor villain overall would definitely be Ringo Roadagain, though.
    He was awesome, was definitely my favourite one shot fight of steel ball run, though the awesomeness of the fight seemed to hit me more the second time reading through than the first time I read it. It fit perfectly with the western setting to.
    Picking my absolute favourite 1 shot villain is tough though. It would either be D'arby, Ghiaccio or Ringo.
    That's one of the things I love about the manga, minor villains actually pose a threat, some fights I've been wondering which hero(s) was gonna die.
    You know sometime i may make a detailed list of my favourite fights on the main JoJo thread just for fun.
  • c001357c001357 Time Wizard Joined: Posts: 576
    sure hope we hear how the game actually plays soon. i mean, those attacks look cool, but i have no idea how they would fit in the general flow or even what the pacing is. theres already a few cutscenes which i do hope are not like ultras at all and are just filler for storymode or something.
    i do like how the stardust crusaders have seemingly similar moves as their old capcom designs
  • OneSanitariumOneSanitarium BASARA Joined: Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭
    There is already gameplay up, but not any really competent players. While not aimed at competitive play, I expect some decent/entertaining 'high' level gameplay.
  • Cheech WizardCheech Wizard Joined: Posts: 3,302 ✭✭✭
    So are we basically gonna have to wait until release until we can judge if this meant to be a serious fighter or not? I mean the developers said this game was gonna be more about fanservice than the hardcore players, but from the footage it looks like it could be a serious fighter as it isnt quite as crazy as the Naruto fighters. Also the returning characters from Capcoms CPS3 game seem to have remained pretty faithful their previous iteration and that game was a real fighter.
    Slow and steady wins the race
  • Ragnorok64Ragnorok64 My muscles have no memory. Joined: Posts: 4,918 ✭✭✭✭
    I don't believe this was ever intended to be a serious fighter. I'm just hoping it's fun.

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2
  • DarkGeneralDarkGeneral Joined: Posts: 2,981 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ghiacco is one of my least favorite minor villains in JoJo and specially in part 5. He would make a fantastic fighting game character but he didn't capture my interest at all when I was reading vento. I was hoping if we got a "minor " villain from part 5 it would have been Risotto or Pesci. Heck even Melos would make a interesting character if they did Baby Face right (think D'bo in JJBA).
    snip

The intention is to just be a JoJo's game BUT that doesn't mean it can't be taken seriously. From what we know about the mechanics it seems fairly deep but we're just gonna have to see some more game play/play it ourselves before we can reach that verdict.

Wasn't there something about tandem attacks being in this game? I wonder why we haven't seen any yet? :S

Ghiacco is one of my least favorite minor villains in JoJo and specially in part 5. He would make a fantastic fighting game character but he didn't capture my interest at all when I was reading vento. I was hoping if we got a "minor " villain from part 5 it would have been Risotto or Pesci. Heck even Melos would make a interesting character if they did Baby Face right (think D'bo in JJBA).
    That's a great thing about JoJo, there is no wrong answer. Each part, fight and characters are so different that one person's favourite may be a person's least, and neither are wrong. It is probably the reason I like discussing it so much, hearing people's differing opinions is always interesting.
    That's a great thing about JoJo, there is no wrong answer. Each part, fight and characters are so different that one person's favourite may be a person's least, and neither are wrong. It is probably the reason I like discussing it so much, hearing people's differing opinions is always interesting.

This is so damn true. I'm like the only JoJo fan I know that even liked Melos and his stand and I don't know many people who also didn't like Ghiaccios part. But for what it's worth I think Ventos group of antagonists is second only to Steel Ball Run. Both parts had the most memorable characters for me.

Chocolate Disco would work so fucking good in a fighting game.
    This is so damn true. I'm like the only JoJo fan I know that even liked Melos and his stand and I don't know many people who also didn't like Ghiaccios part. But for what it's worth I think Ventos group of antagonists is second only to Steel Ball Run. Both parts had the most memorable characters for me.

Chocolate Disco would work so fucking good in a fighting game.
    Ya, i'll be honest, the melone battle wan't my favourite fight in the arc. I do like the teamwork angle part 5 had going for many of the villains, really made it different from the parts before (aside from Hol Horse).
    Ya, i'll be honest, the melone battle wan't my favourite fight in the arc. I do like the teamwork angle part 5 had going for many of the villains, really made it different from the parts before (aside from Hol Horse).

Personally what I found so interesting about Melone and BabyFace was the parent-child relationship they had and the idea that the stand shared recessive and dominant traits of both Bruno and chick on the train. It doesn't hurt that the stand had a really good ability and how it's super unique among stand designs

The teamwork angle was nice but I like how the cast also individually fared in their particular fights. One of the most attractive things about JoJos fights is that everyone seems to be a freaking genius and that's the most exhilarating part about the fights. Araki is really really good at portraying "hey this isn't about raw power" and shifts a heavy responsibilty on the characters having to outsmart and outmanuever the other person.
  • JocelotJocelot Don't give up! Joined: Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭
    One of the most attractive things about JoJos fights is that everyone seems to be a freaking genius and that's the most exhilarating part about the fights. Araki is really really good at portraying "hey this isn't about raw power" and shifts a heavy responsibilty on the characters having to outsmart and outmanuever the other person.

I gotta agree with this. I mean, I only ever read Stardust Crusaders but one thing I loved about it was the fights. They were all just so crafty. One of the best parts for me was when they went against J. Giel and the Hanged Man... it all just worked so perfectly. It was all just so... smart. Lol.
    Party Robot!!
    Now my head can spin. I'll be around for a million years, so let the party begin.
    jak d ripr wrote: »
    That shit had me in stitches. Nigga went for all these flashy set-ups and doom was like hold these boots.
    I gotta agree with this. I mean, I only ever read Stardust Crusaders but one thing I loved about it was the fights. They were all just so crafty. One of the best parts for me was when they went against J. Giel and the Hanged Man... it all just worked so perfectly. It was all just so... smart. Lol.
    It gets even more insane,you would not believe the offensive versatility Josuke gets out of a stand that repairs things. You should read the whole thing.

The teamwork angle was nice but I like how the cast also individually fared in their particular fights. One of the most attractive things about JoJos fights is that everyone seems to be a freaking genius and that's the most exhilarating part about the fights. Araki is really really good at portraying "hey this isn't about raw power" and shifts a heavy responsibilty on the characters having to outsmart and outmanuever the other person.
    I would actually argue that it is not just one of the most attractive parts, but the defining trait of the manga as a whole. It is present no matter what fighting style is present, what characters are used, what genre the part is, it is the single constant that manages to keep JoJo fans around no matter what other main changes are made. It is always there, whether it is physical battle between two powerhouses, rock paper scissors, a horse race or whatever, as long as the people competing with each other show that intelligence it will always feel like JoJo. If the manga just had stands that wailed on each other without thought, it would feel less like JoJo than if the manga consisted of two geniuses playing Jenga.
    If you like clever main characters, you definitely need to read the whole thing. Part 2, Battle Tendency, stars Joseph as a young man. He is very smart in some of the things he does, and is so goddamn entertaining as a main character. Part 1 is only about 55-57 or so chapters long, so getting to Part 2 would be fairly quick.

The only problem with JoJo's is that, once you start reading your doomed to never wanting to stop. And your thoughts during the times you do manage to stop are filled with anticipation for what will happen next, making you want to read again.
  • KawwKaww ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ Joined: Posts: 508 ✭✭
    Opinions about Part 5:
    Spoiler:
    The best thing about Part 5s final fight is
    Spoiler:
    I think the main problem for the final fight in part 5 was
    Spoiler:
    The guy who got the early copy of V-Jump that had the Pillar Men voice actors says next month's V-Jump confirms Johnathan, Will A Zeppeli and Johnny. No one surprised, I'm sure, but it means we'll get to see them in the next trailer. I eagerly await the SENDO HAMON: SUNLIGHT YELLOW OBADORAIBUUUUU they've been building up to in the past two trailers.
    1myG4.jpg

Edit: Looks like I was beaten to the punch.
    Edit 2: High Quality Scan!
    I am disappointed at the lack of pictures of friend frog
  • OwariOwari Joined: Posts: 5
    Jonathan's Zoom Punch seems uncomfortable (or it will seem normal in a short matter of time)
    And there is some date in the bottom, maybe some new trailer in january 28th ?
  • Leebee LinkLeebee Link Iroquois Pliskin Joined: Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭
    Jonathan's Zoom Punch seems uncomfortable (or it will seem normal in a short matter of time)
    And there is some date in the bottom, maybe some new trailer in january 28th ?

HAHAHA I was just thinking about zoom punch a couple months back. "are they really going to include it...? he's going to look just like dhalsim... and that's unsettling..."

jonathan looks basically perfect, except I was expecting him to be a bit more beefy. his model looks the same size as joseph's (?)
    JoJo's Bizarre Adventure- Mariah, Jotaro
    KoF XIII- Robert, Elisabeth, Ash
    Battle Fantasia- Urs, Ashley, Face
    I know its a bit late by now, given we now have three new character reveals and the trailer was a month ago, but nonetheless, dogyaa~n:
    http://www.frametrap.net/2013/01/jojos-asb-jump-festa-trailer-subbed.html
  • Ben PerkinsBen Perkins Joined: Posts: 6,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know its a bit late by now, given we now have three new character reveals and the trailer was a month ago, but nonetheless, dogyaa~n:
    http://www.frametrap.net/2013/01/jojos-asb-jump-festa-trailer-subbed.html

Well I'm sold. Gonna find a cheap PS3 and prepare myself now