JoJo's Bizarre Adventure All-Star Battle confirmed by Bandai-Namco

Comments

• KaviteeKavitee Joined: Posts: 787 ✭✭
  • Leebee LinkLeebee Link Iroquois Pliskin Joined: Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭
    ZOOM PUNCH!

._.

definitely would've liked to see more of the other characters' movesets but I suppose we'll have to wait for the next trailer/show to get more info.

speaking of, is there a definite date for next playable appearance? we've barely had a chance to touch the game overall.
    JoJo's Bizarre Adventure- Mariah, Jotaro
    KoF XIII- Robert, Elisabeth, Ash
    Battle Fantasia- Urs, Ashley, Face
  • Pete278Pete278 Yare yare daze Joined: Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭
    Johnathan's specials shown are called Zoom Punch and Sword of Luck and Pluck, his Heart Heat Attack is 'Which of us will face defeat in the end?!', and is the flame punch he uses on Dio to beat the ice, and his Great Heat Attack, surprising no one, is Sunlight Yellow Overdrive.

Zeppeli's Heart Heat attack is 'This is 'Sendo'!', and is the frog punch (may or may not have a frog, but its the technique he used on the frog either way), and, in somewhat of a copout, his Great Heat Attack is 'The sun's ripples! Sunlight Yellow Overdrive!'.

The text above the Tusk pictures is basically explaining why Tusk has 4 separate forms, presumably for those who never read SBR, or just as a little bio, since the characters get one anyway. His Great Heat Attack is 'It's truly, truly a long roundabout path' which is said by Johnny
    Spoiler:
    Come visit my blog http://www.frametrap.net/, the new home of the crossdressing Pirate King of down under, and get all the latest scoops on my thoughts on all things crossdressing, fighting gamey, and in between!
    Presumably, the stuff in the bottom left is collector's edition stuff. I say presumably because I can't read the text describing what it is due to the fold in the page. Either way, the Star Platinum disc is the soundtrack, Hayato's Heaven's Door'd face is a memo book and there's a download code for Yoshikage Kira. I hope that's a download code for an alternate costume for Kira, and not just Kira being restricted to DLC, because fuck you Namco. I also think its funny that the only character on the cover is Jotaro, I thought they'd have all the Jojos. But I guess you only really need Jotaro.

I can't really translate much at all here because I have awful eyes and that makes it hard to read much on pictures, I'm sorry guys.
    Come visit my blog http://www.frametrap.net/, the new home of the crossdressing Pirate King of down under, and get all the latest scoops on my thoughts on all things crossdressing, fighting gamey, and in between!
    edited February 2013
    10/10 SRK servers posting stuff I typed out 3 hours ago
    How do I delete stuff now?
    Post edited by Kavitee on
    No one knows, the new forums don't make any sense
    edited February 2013
    Shots from the new trailer that isn't online yet: (unless I'm blind) http://www.famitsu.com/news/201302/16028876.html

The huge long list after all the pictures is the move list for all the Jojo's without inputs (except Jousuke) + Zeppeli, so I'll get on translating that. Can't make fancy pictures without the inputs, really, but I'll do the names. Also, the collector's edition is called the Gold Experience BOX, hence the gold theme they're going with and Giorno being on the cover of the box instead of Jotaro. 
    Post edited by Pete278 on
  • AbbachioAbbachio :MORTUM: RERO RERO RERO! Joined: Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭
    So is Kira just DLC then or is a costume? It seems rather silly to have such an important character as DLC, unless the roster is pretty much complete which I hope isn't the case.
    {]JoJo's ASB: Kars/PB Dio/Funny Valentine/Bruno[}
    {]JoJo's: Jotaro/Hol/PolPol[}

XBL: Mortum Kujo -=- PSN: Mortum_Kujo -=- NID: Mortum
    edited February 2013
    That took longer than I thought it would.

Jonathan through to Johnny + Will Zeppeli's movelists without inputs. 

Johnny seems interesting, but I think the way it works is his heart heat attacks upgrade Tusk to the next Act, since they all seem to be references to the fight in which he levels up. Then his Great Heat Attack is Tusk Act 4. Also, I loved noticing all the references in the move names, some of my favourite fights were referenced (in particular, Jolyne's 'don't hesitate, punch' move being a reference to the Jail House Rock fight)

EDIT: Kira is a pre-order bonus, nothing has been mentioned for how to get him if you don't pre-order. He could be paid DLC, timelocked, unlockable, or even possible unattainable. Or at least, I haven't seen anything mentioned. I have been known to be blind. 
  • DaAlphaGamer123DaAlphaGamer123 Joined: Posts: 29
    My Opinion On Jojo's All-Star Battle

• OwariOwari Joined: Posts: 5
    http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130216091239/jjba/images/1/10/ASBcover.jpg

Actually all the 8 JoJos are in the cover, they are watermarks in Jotaro... But whatever, Jotaro is the center of attention, just like part 3,
    which already have 6 characters and the others poorly have 2... If they did a cover with the villains, won't be a surprise if part 3 dio was in 90% of the cover...
  • MikuruXMikuruX ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌ Scrubby! Joined: Posts: 409
    August 29.....that release date......

*goes to watch the ACDC crying scene all over again*

Guess I need to find something to really hold me over till then....
    Playing Scrubby Since 1996 | "You Suck But It Can't Be Helped! ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌"
    Aquapazza: Chizuru/Riannon | AH3: Elsa (Fire) / Dorothy (Love) | P4U: Chie | UNIB: Byakuya | DBFC: Miyuki / Shana / Asuna / Kirino / Rentaro
    edited February 2013
    I swear, I take my eyes off of Bamco's channel for 2 minutes to get a drink and the video gets uploaded without me noticing. 

EDIT: Great trailer, the lower number of reveals means we actually got to see some non-super moves for the new guys. I maintain it can't be a coincidence that Jousuke is now in the middle, and I can even hear Jotaro in my head go 'but I'm always in the middle of the family photos'. I'll get to work on subbing it when I get a moment. 
  • RyugaRyuga Emperor Time Joined: Posts: 3,260 ✭✭✭
    One guy (Evil Gogeta) was at the demo event and said the game was less clunky and sped up. Potential for combos was there due to various cancels, but didn't expand on that much. 4 or 5 colours for each character, and possibly alternate costumes for characters I think he mentioned, but I'll have to check. I'll try asking him more later on. 

Trailer was amazing, to say the least lol. Dio's cutscene WRRRYYYYY reduced Josuke's meter and Josuke's cutscene (what you'd say about my hair??!!) triggered something in Dio too. Kira is godlike. 

http://www.youtube.com/user/OtogiMatsuri
    www.gab.com
    PSN ID: Otogi-Matsuri
    Awesome trailer but where the fuck is Bruno!? I NEED MAH BROOONOH! These trailers really ought to be on the front page too to generate some buzz for JoJo's.

Now that all the Jojos and part 3 characters are announced, we'll probably see more of the best friends being announced, like Caesar or Bruno, alongside the remaining villains. Alternatively, we'll just get more part 3 characters.
  • PlanchePlanche Joined: Posts: 334 ✭✭
    Anybody else noticed Dio pulling off what looked like a combo-breaker attack at 1:15? He spent what looked like half his heat gauge and counter attacked Josuke in the middle of his combo. Don't think combo-breakers were mentioned before as a system mechanic, so I wonder if this is a new one or if this something unique to Dio.
    edited February 2013
    I was just about to say the same thing. he spends half a bar and under Jousuke's hit counter it says "Dieu Mort!" 

goddammit what the hell is up with CC's obsession with combo breaking mechanics... I really hope this game does not revolve around spending all your meter to slip out of combos... akshajkshfkj

also: was I the only one who thought when kakyouin and gyro were next to each other, it looked like a screen from some kind of tag team mode? obviously there's nothing in the trailer about it, but it would be interesting if they fit that in.
    Post edited by Leebee Link on
    It could be something specific to Dio since the background seems like it goes into his time stop colour effect. There's definitely been nothing mentioned of it though.
  • DooplissDoopliss T.Rawk Joined: Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭✭
    Pete278 said:
    Now that all the part 3 characters are announced
    Has this been confirmed?
    Maybe Doopliss isn't kicking ass, but he's taking names.

"Gotta Patch 'Em All!" an USFIV Old Character Combo Video
  • JocelotJocelot Don't give up! Joined: Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭
    Be honest with me, dudes. How likely do you guys think we'll get the game in places, y'know, not in Japan?
    Party Robot!!
    Now my head can spin. I'll be around for a million years, so let the party begin.
    jak d ripr wrote: »
    That shit had me in stitches. Nigga went for all these flashy set-ups and doom was like hold these boots.
  • OneSanitariumOneSanitarium BASARA Joined: Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭
    Namco Bandai was considering a localization a while back, weren't they?
  • JocelotJocelot Don't give up! Joined: Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭
    Where they? I haven't really heard much news outside of trailers.

Party Robot!!
    Now my head can spin. I'll be around for a million years, so let the party begin.
    jak d ripr wrote: »
    That shit had me in stitches. Nigga went for all these flashy set-ups and doom was like hold these boots.
  • IdunoIduno ...what to put here Joined: Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, anyone who hasn't already ordered can forget about the limited edition now, already sold out on amiami and play asia.
    “It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so ****ing what."

-Stephen Fry
  • RyugaRyuga Emperor Time Joined: Posts: 3,260 ✭✭✭
  • JampJamp Toxic Beauty Joined: Posts: 7,387 mod
    Namco Bandai was considering a localization a while back, weren't they?
    A US domain named "All Star Battle" popped from Namdai a while ago, so it's definitely a possibility.
    "Hey man if I lose to it, I'm pretty sure that makes it braindead." - AceKillah
    Iduno said:
    Well, anyone who hasn't already ordered can forget about the limited edition now, already sold out on amiami and play asia.
    They ran out in like 20 minutes. I'm going to scout smaller sites.

Doopliss said:
    If you find anything throw a link in here please. I missed out and I NEED TO GET IT!

I apologize to everyone who didn't get one, as my one copy may have been the one you could've got.

Also subbed trailer should be up tomorrow.
    Abbachio said:
    Doopliss said:
    If you find anything throw a link in here please. I missed out and I NEED TO GET IT!
    Of course.

thanks dude. I have a job during the day so I can't just keep refreshing websites :(

I really want that limited edition D:

I wonder when the next time they'll show off the game will be.
    edited February 2013
    thanks dude. I have a job during the day so I can't just keep refreshing websites :(

I really want that limited edition D:

I wonder when the next time they'll show off the game will be.

Nin-nin-games just put up the LE for preorder. I ordered Anarchy Reigns from this site when it was released in japan, and that worked great, even though I had to wait a few days for it to ship. Can't guarantee you'll get it even if you preorder now though, since I don't know how they handle their preorders, but I guess it's your best bet right now? http://www.nin-nin-game.com/japanese-import-playstation-3-brand-new-softs/5122-jojo-s-bizarre-adventure-all-star-battle-gold-experience-limited-box-ps3-en.html
    Post edited by Doopliss on

Ugh I don't have enough money so I can't order it (I've got to use paypal cos I can't sign up with my visa for some reason). This fucking sucks T_T 

edited February 2013
    Doopliss wrote: »
    Leebee Link said:<br />
    thanks dude. I have a job during the day so I can't just keep refreshing websites :(<br />
    <br />
    I really want that limited edition D:<br />
    I wonder when the next time they'll show off the game will be.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Nin-nin-games just put up the LE for preorder. I ordered Anarchy Reigns from this site when it was released in japan, and that worked great, even though I had to wait a few days for it to ship. Can't guarantee you'll get it even if you preorder now though, since I don't know how they handle their preorders, but I guess it's your best bet right now? http://www.nin-nin-game.com/japanese-import-playstation-3-brand-new-softs/5122-jojo-s-bizarre-adventure-all-star-battle-gold-experience-limited-box-ps3-en.html
    Thanks, I hope I've just ordered mine, don't have money in the bank until tommorow but it doesn't take it until it ships right?

A bit worried as it's come up as payment error. ><
    Post edited by Iduno on
    “It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so ****ing what."

-Stephen Fry
    edited February 2013
    Yeah, the site is quite confusing unless you're using paypal. And even though they say they won't charge until what you're buying is shipped, it sure seems like they do, at least they've marked them and they're not available for me to use anymore. If you have an account you should be able to see if your order succeeded or not.
    Post edited by Doopliss on

edited February 2013
    Thats the thing, the order is there, but the status is just payment error, doesn't say whether it needs re-ordering or fixing or what, sent an email to nin-nin and for now I'm just keeping a basket refreshed with it in so it it hasn't I may be able to use paypal when I'm paid tommorow.

Man this situation is kind of ridiculous though, never heard of a game selling out half a year before release, just hope there's no Ni no Kuni style bs going on where distributers take more pre-orders than there are copies.
    Post edited by Iduno on

-Stephen Fry
    aghhgghhggh thank you Dooplis for the tip but it seems I came back to this thread too late hahaha!

I might just settle for the standard edition. ; ;
    aghhgghhggh thank you Dooplis for the tip but it seems I came back to this thread too late hahaha!

I might just settle for the standard edition. ; ;
    If you do try waiting a while and checkng sites just before release, might get lucky with someone cancelling/not paying the order when it comes to time for payment, and if not I doubt the standard edition will be gone as fast.

(Hell might even have a localised announcement by then)

Still got my fingers crossed for the order not having been ****ed up, but if anyone wanted the LE for the figures, it may be worth checking out the ones medicos are doing atm, had my Jonathan Joestar one arrive the other day (hence lack of money one day before payday) and the detail and quality are amazing.

The Jotaro and Dio ones are sold out at the moment, but I bet more will be made when the anime reachs Stardust Crusaders, since they released the Battle Tendancy ones in line with the anime.

Speaking of Battle Tendancy, really hoping Ceasar is one of the last few unannounced characters, seems like they could really do some fun things with his bubbles.

-Stephen Fry
    Gah, that's just bad luck.

Well on the bright side at least this means there may be a scene for the game as long as Cyberconnect don't **** up on the gameplay.

(And from trailers and word of mouth it at least looks like they are trying despite the whole 30fps thing)

-Stephen Fry
    Iduno said:
    Well on the bright side at least this means there may be a scene for the game as long as Cyberconnect don't **** up on the gameplay.

(And from trailers and word of mouth it at least looks like they are trying despite the whole 30fps thing)
    no worries, Dooplis. I appreciate it. I think it's made me realize I can't really justify spending that much on the LE when I'm trying to save up for grad school at the same time. XD

after the info dump from Gogeta, I have to say I'm less worried about the game because he says they specifically changed Jotaro's time stop when it was too strong. I was so worried that in "trying to make a JoJo game and not a fighting game," they would just not even remove broken stuff. with still 6 months to go, I'm really hoping they get feedback to make the game decent fighting-wise. and if it is, I'm gonna play the shit out of this game. hardcore.

that combo breaker for half a bar is still stupid as hell though. :P
    Yes, that combo breaker is worrying me. Hopefully you can do it Anarchy Reigns-style and launch them to leave them unable to escape your combo.

• SHAZAMforInjusticeSHAZAMforInjustice Stream Hero Joined: Posts: 94

Good to hear that my homeboy Giorno is not only good but borderline broken!

Now waiting for Ceasar,Koichi and Bruno.

UMvC3:Captain America and friends Injustice:Shazam
    jak d ripr:"Although this has to be the first time someone has "liked" my post only to completely disagree with it, that s**t caught me off guard."
    Keyzerjose:"That's the mixup."
    WRRRRRRRRRRYYYYYYYY

AmiAmi has more stock, grab it while you can!

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=TVG-PS3-1746&amp;page=top/search/list?s_keywords=jojo’s+all+star$pagemax=100$getcnt=0$pagecnt=1

(As does NinNin, but they need to see that you have all the money including shipping 6 months in advance)

-Stephen Fry
  • Atb_555Atb_555 www.neoempire.com Joined: Posts: 1,514
    Well I preordered the limited edition from NinNin and payed via PayPal so hopefully I should get it.

Cant wait to get my hands on this game.  
    Nose picking is one of life's greatest treasures...
    They're gone again! FUFUFUFUFUFUFUFUFUFUFUFUFUFUFUFUFUUUUUUUUCCCCKKKKKKKK! (my stand war cry)

Subbed trailer is done at last: and the blog post is here: http://www.frametrap.net/2013/02/jojos-asb-pv4.html