Skullgirls OTT! -Random select is top tier.

Comments

• GHNekoGHNeko SYMPTONS INCLUDE RESETS, TICK THROWS & INPUT LAG Joined: Posts: 622
    I'd play you Omni, but I'm on fighting game hiatus until I clear out my RPG backlog.

Which consists of...

Ass Effect (Done)

Blue Dragon (In Progress)
    Legend of Legaia
    Lost Oddessy
    Purse Owner 4 (Persona)
    Purse Owner 3
    Parasite Eve
    Eternal Sonata
    Lost Odessy
    Last Remnent
    Arc Rise Fantasia
    Paper Mario 2
    Pier Solar
    Breath of Death 8
    Cthulhu Saves the World
    Ys: The Oath of Felghana
    Sequence
    Dead Island
    Ass Effect 2
    SMT: Devil Survivor 2
    SMT: Strange Journey
    Final Fantasy: 4 Heroes of Light
    Zenonia 1
    Gurumin
    Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together
    Xenoblade Chronicles
    Grandia 2
    Front Mission SNES
    Final Fantasy 12
    Final Fantasy 13
    Breath of Fire 3
    Breath of Fire 4
    Breath of Fire 2
    Dragon Quest 9 DS
    Brave Fencer Musashi
    Vagrant Story
    Robotrek SNES
    and Z.H.P. - Unlosing Ranger vs Darkdeath Evilman

this list is justs as depressing to look at as when i 1st wrote it.

ill see all you guys in a couple months lol
  • Jet Set DizzyJet Set Dizzy Night of the Defender Joined: Posts: 2,270
    This is generally true, with the exception of Egret Charge. Especially as an assist. That thing gets beat by a well-timed jab, among other things.
    That isn't a solution. If you are waiting until it crosses the whole screen and jabbing it you are letting them in entirely.
    "No, that's the extent of my knowledge. I just smash the keyboard with my elbows for a few hours a day and somehow this game happened."- Mike Z
  • Ben PerkinsBen Perkins Joined: Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ando is that you in the UMVC3 chat under the name "Ando_Is_Dabes"? You're killing me, guy
  • PartialartistPartialartist Joined: Posts: 176
    That isn't a solution. If you are waiting until it crosses the whole screen and jabbing it you are letting them in entirely.
    "Among other things". I'm just illustrating how fragile it is. You can use other normals, or s.hp and late cancel into lp or mp gun, or toss a George and teleport, or fake teleport+item drop. How about hold an item, s.lp/s.mp/whatever, cancel into fake teleport+item drop release? Or maybe cancel into lp gun xx Argus, then release the drop to cover the gap, if they blocked.

I shouldn't have to go through this much effort to defend my character, but the level of play I've seen most other Peacocks has been disappointing, so it's understandable. Even players with good strategies don't do optimal combos.
    Skullgirls: Peacock / PSN: TheIdiomatic
    Yeah, but most of those options still give up ground. Fake teleport+item drop is a good idea but is still going to let the opponent move in some. Real teleport is risky as heck but you could do it every once in a while I guess.Maybe use s.HP and cancel that into teleport/fake teleport?
    "No, that's the extent of my knowledge. I just smash the keyboard with my elbows for a few hours a day and somehow this game happened."- Mike Z
  • PartialartistPartialartist Joined: Posts: 176
    Yeah, but most of those options still give up ground. Fake teleport+item drop is a good idea but is still going to let the opponent move in some. Real teleport is risky as heck but you could do it every once in a while I guess.Maybe use s.HP and cancel that into teleport/fake teleport?
    Depends on the player's proximity to the bike. Some people will move ahead of it, so you back teleport right into it. I was suggesting s.hp, for situations where the opponent is already in pseudo lockdown. Keep them in place and deal with the bike, rather than jump and let them in for free. I'm not terribly concerned with teleport, as long as I have a way to make them block or prevent them from getting a clean hit.

I could write more about what she can do at closer ranges, but this should go in GD.
    Skullgirls: Peacock / PSN: TheIdiomatic
  • Sanger ZonvoltSanger Zonvolt Future Cyberbots Pro Joined: Posts: 1,528
    Skullgirls coming on stream in about 10 minutes.

http://www.twitch.tv/xiei
    You didn't have Painwheel so I thought you were someone else.
    You were a stranger for a second there.
    lol

Changed for P4A hype, Aegis grinding soon.
    Sword of Sophia and fightan games
    Cyberbots: Super-8 & Helion
    Vampire Savior: Lilith, Jedah, and Demitri
    Skullgirls: Painwheel/Filia/Squigly
  • DaRabidDuckieDaRabidDuckie Happiest. Duck. Ever. Joined: Posts: 9,733 mod
    Whoo! Go Lil' Duck!
    Only modding at tournaments now. I'm no longer taking mail order jobs. Please don't ask.
    "Being degrading or insulting is not the same as being hype. Huh, I think I just solved the problem with the entire community." -- Mike Z on the FGC

• QETZLQETZL Needs more Salt. Joined: Posts: 492
    Well, the stream stability leaves a little something to be desired. Here's to the replays!
    I noticed it saved the end of that Severin/Trace match (Also noted that Sev is using the Mitsuru Parasoul alt). Is this the patched game version? Or some sort of in-between.
    "I have been experimenting with cock lately." - Girlystyle
    Canada represent! If that's not too much trouble.
    (QETZL : PSN/XBLA)
  • AsteriskBlueAsteriskBlue Joined: Posts: 498 ✭✭
    Crofts and Grinta had some very nice Filias! Good to see since it always seemed like not many people play her
    It's nice to meet you, too.
    Well, the stream stability leaves a little something to be desired. Here's to the replays!
    I noticed it saved the end of that Severin/Trace match (Also noted that Sev is using the Mitsuru Parasoul alt). Is this the patched game version? Or some sort of in-between.
    That will probably be one of the pay for DLC colors.
    102 players at Evo!

Pretty good.
  • Little_GotenLittle_Goten wants to be just like Gohan. Joined: Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello everyone.

I haven't been practicing this game at allll. I regret that now. I'll try and play it more if I can, though I remember that I kept getting pressured by Valentine players and never knowing what to do. I still play Filia.
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    3DS: 1048-9697-8273
    Pokemon, Pokemon TCG, Third Strike, Vsav, Skullgirls, Yu-Gi-Oh, Cardfight Vanguard

• OmniSScytheOmniSScythe Something else Joined: Posts: 689
    @Skullgirls
    #Skullgirls #Evo2k Ranking, 1st to 8th: Duckator, Rylander, JMCrofts, Trumpet, Severin, Grinta, Negus Eyoel, Trace.
    Whoo! Go Lil' Duck!

I had a good feeling he'd be finishing pretty high. I played against him for a few hours at UFGT8 and the kid really knows his characters. His Filia is top notch. Nothing wasted with her, and superb positioning and movement.
    Only modding at tournaments now. I'm no longer taking mail order jobs. Please don't ask.
    "Being degrading or insulting is not the same as being hype. Huh, I think I just solved the problem with the entire community." -- Mike Z on the FGC

• RavidrathRavidrath Joined: Posts: 761
    So is this the new General Discussion thread, or what?

When I get a sec I come back to post, and don't know where to any more. :P

Here's all the envelope art...
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/revergelabs/sets/72157630470620752/

And here are all the winners...
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/revergelabs/sets/72157630470822328/

And here is this...
    7523943978_e08e8a4d83_z.jpg

l.gif
    Congrats to Ducktator.

Thanks to the streamers for Skullgirls, P4A, BB, GG, MLP, and Gundam.

Man, don't even ask... been a rough couple of months. -_-

(of course, if you'd do that thing... you know, that thing... we wouldn't be having this problem :p)

And LMAO @ Parasoul getting caught cosplaying as Annie...

Yeah it's the new GD! We missed you!
  • OneSanitariumOneSanitarium BASARA Joined: Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭
    Layzner is just the coolest goddamn robot ever.
  • LKArtilleryLKArtillery and bullets too slow Joined: Posts: 553
    Oh hey, a new kinda-sorta GD! Let's try to be relatively not stupid. I just saw this thread today, so here are some extremely late replies to a couple of posts I see:

A lot of the ask blogs have slowed down. Mine (peacock) went on hiatus for a month, mostly because of IRL issues, but it's still alive. Think of it as being on a VG cats update schedule.

And... I have a fairly reliable strategy for beating Marie on Ridiculous... with Peacock. It involves lots of cheesing it, and a lot of luck, because Peacock is good at cheesing it and Marie is a cheating bastard haha. It's a completely different approach than a normal fight...
    Spoiler:

Also those EVO aftermath photos are great. The envelope art is pretty snazzy to boot. Annie related ones are my fav
  • InxplotchInxplotch Internet wanderer Joined: Posts: 379
    8th place envelope is top tier :P

If only parasoul could have an actual Annie alt.
    And I think the mitsuru color is one of the 3 free patch colors. I feel like i saw it when Mike was showing of the patch on a stream. (which reminds me, do we know if the patch's been submitted yet?)
  • AndoTheCommandoAndoTheCommando Sorry I'm late! Joined: Posts: 2,553
    Ando is that you in the UMVC3 chat under the name "Ando_Is_Dabes"? You're killing me, guy
    Damn straight it is, I live to stream monster.
    "If I can't beat it, it's probably broken."- Ben Perkins.
    "He's american so he has to get retarded rewards for minimal effort."- Ace's thoughts on Captain America combos.
    "not only is this bitch a super kawaii desu roboto she fucking fun as fuck and ALL THE FUCKING PRETTY COLORS."- Jamal313 on playing Aigis.
  • FirebrandedFirebranded Aerial Ace Joined: Posts: 3,817
  • GHNekoGHNeko SYMPTONS INCLUDE RESETS, TICK THROWS & INPUT LAG Joined: Posts: 622
  • Master ChibiMaster Chibi .: Dynamites! :. Joined: Posts: 14,934 mod
    Whoa, cool... not only does the ignore list work, it completely hides the fact they posted, AND any time people quote them... which is kind of funny, because it makes the reply look REALLY out of context. :P

Argh, I'm going to be in a bad mood all day now. I can't believe how terrible people are sometimes.
  • Dime_xDime_x master theorist Joined: Posts: 4,936 ✭✭
    yeah that sucks so hard, i got my first te stolen at one of the first wednesday night fights at shgls house... i grabbed a stick i thought was mine, it ended up being ps3, i gave it back to the owner the next week... but my stick was nowhere to be seen... someone had to know that they had procured and extra stick or that hey had one after never having one. i learned my lesson, but yeah the fgc is unfortunately full of some grimy broke motherfuckers that will steal anything that isnt locked down, shit gets stolen from evo all the time... i personally support a LIFETIME ban on anyone who steals shit and gets caught, banned form this site from evo and all evo related events and of course be reported to the cops.

never let any of your shit out of your sight and ALWAYS have it clearly marked with your name unless its custom.

common sense, but it shouldnt be like that, it just is what it is.

-dime
    Skullgirls: Painwheel/double & Peacock/x/painwheel. SSF4 AE 2012: Ibuki
    ST: Dee Jay,Vega,Ryu,Zangief,Boxer,Chun,Guile,Sagat
    If you're offended by your own playstyle that doesnt make sense -Pali
    -Dime_x
  • Mr. XMr. X Non Stop ∞ Climax Joined: Posts: 20,004 ✭✭✭
    "You are all just as bad as the people you hate. You're only interested in characters based on tears." - Since1717
    NO STREAM = DEAD GAME
    PSN: X_the_Genius | GGPO: Mr X | Skype: MisterEcks
  • YazumattoYazumatto Nanomachines, son. Joined: Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭
    And... I have a fairly reliable strategy for beating Marie on Ridiculous... with Peacock. It involves lots of cheesing it, and a lot of luck, because Peacock is good at cheesing it and Marie is a cheating bastard haha. It's a completely different approach than a normal fight...

How hard is it to time Marie out in Ridiculous? I remember doing it in Normal with Peacock and lowering her health to the threshold of stage 1 before holding down-back, teleporting, and jumping over things.
    Honestly, I don't care and neither should you.
    I was never here.
  • FirebrandedFirebranded Aerial Ace Joined: Posts: 3,817
    Who let you out of your cage?

Also that does suck, way to go FGC.
    Ive been here all the time. I just havent posted cause I dropped SG lol. But Im disappointed about what happened and wanted to let you guys know.

Sent from my R800at using Tapatalk
    Firebrand/Wolverine/Sentinel P4A: Yosuke (236B = Bon Voyage), Teddy
    GT: WESKERRRRRR
    "I luv my anchor" by KassandraNova.
    SWAY: A Ten Minute Firebrand Tutorial
  • OmniSScytheOmniSScythe Something else Joined: Posts: 689
    That's horrible, reminds me of my first major where one of the prizes I've won for taking second got stolen before I even received it.
    Layzner is just the coolest goddamn robot ever.
    It is pretty cool, did they ever finish subbing the rest of that show?
  • Number 13Number 13 The Courage to Skullgirl Joined: Posts: 1,545
    Yes...GD is back (barely heard about it)

loved the 7th and 8th place envelope artwork having Annie of the Stars influence ^-^. I would actually go two character ratio(rest of the cast did not fit my personal preference from an aesthetics perspective) to join Filia if she ever comes.
    Currently Played Fighters [other alias: HooliganComboFTW]
    Persona 4 Arena: Yu Narukami Skullgirls: Solo Filia SSFIV AE: Cammy Dead or Alive 5: Hitomi/Rig
    KoF XIII : K'/Athena/Terry SoulCaliber V: Siegfried Tekken 6: Lili/Lars SF3OE: Alex SSF2HDRMX: Cammy
  • Little_GotenLittle_Goten wants to be just like Gohan. Joined: Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Randomly found this thread myself.

Whoever took that TE can eat a dick. >_>
    3DS: 1048-9697-8273
    Pokemon, Pokemon TCG, Third Strike, Vsav, Skullgirls, Yu-Gi-Oh, Cardfight Vanguard

Whoo! Go Mike Z! Grats on the Cannon Award!

Congrats Mike on winning an award.
    What did Mike Z win as an award for? Was not near a stream/twitter alot of today

edit: nvm found out
    Persona 4 Arena: Yu Narukami Skullgirls: Solo Filia SSFIV AE: Cammy Dead or Alive 5: Hitomi/Rig
    KoF XIII : K'/Athena/Terry SoulCaliber V: Siegfried Tekken 6: Lili/Lars SF3OE: Alex SSF2HDRMX: Cammy
  • QETZLQETZL Needs more Salt. Joined: Posts: 492
    As the off topic thread, I just want to point out that Infiltration blew my mind.

Also the Marvel finals were crazy dramatic (And I'd say more consistently entertaining than some surprisingly one sided AE matches)

That being said, I resolve to solve all corner disagreements with overhead xx Raging Demon.
    "I have been experimenting with cock lately." - Girlystyle
    Canada represent! If that's not too much trouble.
    (QETZL : PSN/XBLA)
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird Legend of Revengeance Joined: Posts: 10,543 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finally, I have a place to post again!

Congrats to Mike for winning the Cannon Award.
    As the off topic thread, I just want to point out that Infiltration blew my mind.

Also the Marvel finals were crazy dramatic (And I'd say more consistently entertaining than some surprisingly one sided AE matches)

That being said, I resolve to solve all corner disagreements with overhead xx Raging Demon.

Infli-"天"tration wins SSF4 A天 2012 @ 天VO 2012
    It is pretty cool, did they ever finish subbing the rest of that show?
    Msubs got like...the first season....which I need to finish. Only about 8 episodes left. Eiji is a smart motherfucker.

IIRC they have 25 episodes down and there are about 40. Just checked. 24 of the 40, with 25 being a recap they aren't doing right away. There are apparently 3 OVAs that turn the 28 episodes into 2 episodes, with the 3rd OVA being the ending. That's intense. Gonna have to watch that after the full thing is translated.

I even have a figure of Layzner he's so cool.
    We need to play some. Now that EVOs done and there won't be constant streaming it'll be all smooth and shit.
  • Darklightjg1Darklightjg1 Dr. SuessLight Joined: Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭✭
    Question: The patch isn't gonna have multiplayer lobbies is it? (I think I remember it being mentioned that it wasn't gonna be in).

I'm getting a replacement 360 soon and I was thinking of getting SGs on there, but it might not be worth it if I still have to invite my friends one at a time. I already have it on PSN, but it's been dead on there AFAIK and only a couple of people I know personally have it on 360.

My twitch channel (Action, Platformers, RPGs and Fighting games): http://www.twitch.tv/darklightjg1

My Sonic hack (shameless plug): http://sonicresearch.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=3938
    Question: The patch isn't gonna have multiplayer lobbies is it? (I think I remember it being mentioned that it wasn't gonna be in).

I'm getting a replacement 360 soon and I was thinking of getting SGs on there, but it might not be worth it if I still have to invite my friends one at a time. I already have it on PSN, but it's been dead on there AFAIK and only a couple of people I know personally have it on 360.
    Lobbies unfortunately has been confirmed it won't be included in the upcoming patch(Which is something Skullgirls really needs if they want a healthy Online playerbase). However,their will be several additions/tweeks to online mode though if that means anything
    We need to play some. Now that EVOs done and there won't be constant streaming it'll be all smooth and shit.
    Yeah, I'm up for any game, SG, Cyberbots, BBCSEX, Jojo etc.

I recently got Vanguard Princess online to work to play with Kimura, connection was good.
    Yeah, I'm up for any game, SG, Cyberbots, BBCSEX, Jojo etc.

I recently got Vanguard Princess online to work to play with Kimura, connection was good.
    We're both online and we haven't played SG in a while, we can at least try that for a bit.
  • Master ChibiMaster Chibi .: Dynamites! :. Joined: Posts: 14,934 mod
    We're both online and we haven't played SG in a while, we can at least try that for a bit.
    Sure, opened a room and sent invite.

Was trying not to play till the patched dropped, but oh well.
    Sure, opened a room and sent invite.

Was trying not to play till the patched dropped, but oh well.
    wut. What happened?