Skullgirls OTT! -Random select is top tier.

Comments

• InxplotchInxplotch Internet wanderer Joined: Posts: 379
    I play val over fillia because I prefer the overall feel of her combos and moves. however she doesn't have an anti-air, so I'm considering taking up Fortune for the AA assist. though I feel like I will never get the headless combos in my lifetime.

Also, after seeing Unfinished squigly in game I had this odd feeling that it'd be kinda cool if there was a color palette that essentially the line art or sketch art on white background for all the characters. I feel it'd work for a game like this that's so art heavy, but the only problems I could see are a) the devs not wanting to put "unfinished" work into the game, or that the hitboxes would be wonky if they did that.
    ·
  • Tomo009Tomo009 Joined: Posts: 2,215
    Can someone even tell me why people are playing Val over Filia?

I want to use Val for her revive super, and that's it.
    Because Fillia can't do the one thing that makes Valentine so good.

Double jump + assist > dash. Untouchable
    ·
  • Mr. XMr. X Non Stop ∞ Climax Joined: Posts: 20,013 ✭✭✭
    "You are all just as bad as the people you hate. You're only interested in characters based on tears." - Since1717
    NO STREAM = DEAD GAME
    PSN: X_the_Genius | GGPO: Mr X | Skype: MisterEcks
    ·
  • The MartianThe Martian Do you like hurting people? Joined: Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doesn't Val kind of have an anti-air with cr.hp?
    "Power is not will. It is the phenomenon of physically making things happen."

PSN: Shadaloo_Martian
    WiiU ID: IIMartianII
    XBL: III Martian III

My Tumblr.
    3DS Code: 4957-4227-9462
    ·
  • BrandXBrandX Spark for the future Joined: Posts: 677
    So I got the picture request I sent to Personasama, oh my god I love what he drew me so much. He drew the main character for a story I've been writing called "Android Grey". Thank you Personasama <3
    Spoiler:
    |||PSN: KingdomKeyGX|||
    Plays: Skullgirls
    Wants to help bring SkullGirls back!~ Uses a solo character: Fillia
    YouTube Channel: PhantomMinaX1
    ·
  • InxplotchInxplotch Internet wanderer Joined: Posts: 379
    Doesn't Val kind of have an anti-air with cr.hp?
    I think it's more her cr.mp, because hp has a long recovery, but neither are invincible, so she doesn't really have a "get off me" move. You can also use standing HK, but I've always found the timing on it is impossible to pull off.
    ·
  • view619view619 ざわ ざわ ざわ Joined: Posts: 1,686
    She has a level two counter, that's about it.
    "You can lead a scrub to techniques, but you can't make him think."
    ·
    Lol I showed the picture to someone and they said my character looks like she could be a SG character XD
    ·
  • worldjem7worldjem7 Seven World Jems Joined: Posts: 544
    Actually, I was going over Valentine's counter with the people in the IRC and it turns out that Valentine's counter super is REALLY bad.
    • Can't DHC into it
    • There's about 2-3 frames of vulnerability before the "counter" part happens. If you get hit here you STILL lose the meter.
    • Can't combo after it if you have a vial (unless in corner)
    • If thrown out of it, she takes x1.666... damage
    The 2-3 frames of vulnerability means she can't use it as a reversal at all. Your only hope is if you PBGC and get a large enough gap to sneak in her counter, or you just read them, but overall it's not reliable.

@ x1.00 damage and health: If you do Lenny > DHC into Showstopper while she's countering, it's a KO.
    Also, fingers crossed for Robo Fortune. I think that would be amazing and an awesome way to give a little nod and homage to one of the spiritual parents of Skullgirls: Guilty Gear.

Robo-Fortune has to happen. Oh my god, I love Kimlinh even more now.
    ·
  • Possibly DohnutPossibly Dohnut Joined: Posts: 68
    Yeah, but winning a match with it makes you feel like a badass, so that trumps all!. The counter isn't very good but DHC-ing it into a Lenny combo is pretty fun even if that happens once in a blue moon. Oh, and Fortune needs the Robo-Ky helicopter head winpose ASAP.
    XBL: Dohnut Man Trav
    ·
  • RekanoRekano ONE MORE ONCE Joined: Posts: 602
    Its honestly amazing how many DLC character possibilities there already are!

I'd totally be down for a Robo-Fortune. Robo-Cat head helicopter combos? yes plz.
    -Rekano OuTz
    "Chris Hansen can't stop them titties."-Geese Pants
    ·
    Robo-Fortune plz
    ·
    Double Post:

http://ufgtus.wordpress.com/2013/02/02/skullgirls-at-ufgt9-and-ceo-2013/

Everything keeps getting better and better!!!!!!!
    ·
    Robo-Fortune needs to have that voice filter too.

Beep. Boop. Beep. Meow.
    Why. Was. I. Programmed. To. Feel. Pain.
    ·
  • SpaceOutNightmareSpaceOutNightmare Stays Sandbaggin' Joined: Posts: 2,344 ✭✭
    I can make it to CEO, but UFGT is a little far.
    Thinking about redoing BOB tournament for the patch, anyone game?
    ·
  • DaRabidDuckieDaRabidDuckie Happiest. Duck. Ever. Joined: Posts: 9,766 mod
    Both are about a 15 hour drive for me. I do it anyway. :)

I've been lobbying hard to get SG at Final Round, but I have a feeling that decision is going to be a lot easier for them to make...
    Only modding at tournaments now. I'm no longer taking mail order jobs. Please don't ask.
    "Being degrading or insulting is not the same as being hype. Huh, I think I just solved the problem with the entire community." -- Mike Z on the FGC

·
  • konkretekonkrete NCV Joined: Posts: 2,380
    UFGT is the best shit ever. Anyone who has been to one can testify.
    ·
  • SpaceOutNightmareSpaceOutNightmare Stays Sandbaggin' Joined: Posts: 2,344 ✭✭
    How far is UFGT from SC again?

CEO and Final Round are both doable.

I will sleep during those 3 days in a car to afford going to both.
    Thinking about redoing BOB tournament for the patch, anyone game?
    ·
    Only modding at tournaments now. I'm no longer taking mail order jobs. Please don't ask.
    "Being degrading or insulting is not the same as being hype. Huh, I think I just solved the problem with the entire community." -- Mike Z on the FGC

·
    Actually, I was going over Valentine's counter with the people in the IRC and it turns out that Valentine's counter super is REALLY bad.
    • Can't DHC into it
    • There's about 2-3 frames of vulnerability before the "counter" part happens. If you get hit here you STILL lose the meter.
    • Can't combo after it if you have a vial (unless in corner)
    • If thrown out of it, she takes x1.666... damage
    The 2-3 frames of vulnerability means she can't use it as a reversal at all. Your only hope is if you PBGC and get a large enough gap to sneak in her counter, or you just read them, but overall it's not reliable.

@ x1.00 damage and health: If you do Lenny > DHC into Showstopper while she's countering, it's a KO.

Well fuck, she really does have the worst reversal options. Sucks.
    ·
    Where is UFGT located at? I might try to travel there if it's not too far.
    ·
    Where is UFGT located at? I might try to travel there if it's not too far.
    Chicago, and it's wonderful.

·
    God dammit. WHY do I have to be an 18 year old stuck in Las Vegas DX
    ·
    Final Round guys acted like there's no interest in SG at FR.
    Attachment not found.

PROVE 'EM WRONG!

https://www.facebook.com/FinalRoundAtl/posts/10151338165908138

·
    Lulz those guys at Final Round. Lets get em >:)
    ·
    There's no SG presence at Winter Brawl either. Ya'll slipping with these late ass interest checks.
    "You are all just as bad as the people you hate. You're only interested in characters based on tears." - Since1717
    NO STREAM = DEAD GAME
    ·
    There's no SG presence at Winter Brawl either. Ya'll slipping with these late ass interest checks.
    If Winter Brawl would have been a month later, or this drive had been a month sooner, I'd have rallied the troops and figured out some way to get there. It's not slipping, it's just logistically difficult right now.

Plus you guys know me, I'm always up to something... >.>

·
    Plus you guys know me, I'm always up to something... >.>
    Infiltrating the ladies' undergarment section with only a cardboard box doesn't count!
    NO STREAM = DEAD GAME
    ·
    Feck. Journey won the Annie.

·
  • VulpesVulpes No. Joined: Posts: 3,677 ✭✭✭
    Journey deserves every award in the world

P.S. That doesn't include crap like the Golden Raspberry
    Why.
    ·
  • Possibly DohnutPossibly Dohnut Joined: Posts: 68
    I checked out that old donation thread that got nuked just recently and wow... I'm glad I wasn't around for that shit.
    XBL: Dohnut Man Trav
    ·
  • POS IndustriesPOS Industries As seen on TV! Joined: Posts: 42
    Journey deserves every award in the world
    Really, the only crime here is that both SG and Journey had to share the category with Family Guy.
    ·
  • AuraKnightAuraKnight Joined: Posts: 5

Same award where Kung-Fu panda the Video Game beat out Wall-E The Video Game a few years back. Their nominations are a bit weird.

Still, Journey totally deserves it anyways. It's a stunning game.
    ·
    Yeeeeeah, I know Journey is good. I'm just insanely biased towards Skullgirls and think LZ deserves everything good. Everything. :p

·
    Yeeeeeah, I know Journey is good. I'm just insanely biased towards Skullgirls and think LZ deserves everything good. Everything. :p

Lol words of a true fan XD

or fanboy....:troll:
    ·
    Lol words of a true fan XD

or fanboy....:troll:
    When I burned my eye and needed help, Lab Zero not only gave Valentine shimapan to cheer me up, they helped pay my medical bills when I couldn't work. They didn't stop there. For my birthday, they got Laura Post (the voice of Valentine) to record a text message tone for my birthday.

You're goddamn right I'm a fanboy. :tup:

·
    When I burned my eye and needed help, Lab Zero not only gave Valentine shimapan to cheer me up, they helped pay my medical bills when I couldn't work. They didn't stop there. For my birthday, they got Laura Post (the voice of Valentine) to record a text message tone for my birthday.

You're goddamn right I'm a fanboy.

Sir, I cannot express in words how much I respect you. You are probably one of my favorite people on here duckie. Lab Zero also saved me from my own despair, though they didn't do it directly and it wasn't as bad as yours.

You have every reason to be fanboyish over them as you are. In fact.

( ' .' )7 Lab Zero forever.

Come on everyone, let's bring this hype train to it's fullest. It's time to start a SkullGirls revolution!
    ·
  • RemiKzRemiKz Joined: Posts: 107
    Is there a youtube video of when the VA sang A Whole New World? Or at least a timestamp for when it happened on the archive?
    ·
  • joe2187joe2187 Joined: Posts: 58
    Any news on who were the winners of the stick and the Artbook?

I really wanted to see that artbook.
    ·

You're goddamn right I'm a fanboy. :tup:
    Ohwait what, your eye only happened recently? I thought you were like, born one-eyed. That sucks bad~ What the heck happened? How big is the impact on your daily life (dunno how relevant a blindspot like that is.. do you just move your head around a lot now?)?
    Why.
    ·
  • 0sh0sh Sumgai Joined: Posts: 508 ✭✭✭
    Is there a youtube video of when the VA sang A Whole New World? Or at least a timestamp for when it happened on the archive?
    Here you go: http://www.twitch.tv/eightysixed/b/362778320 (starts at about 19:50)
    SFIV: Sakura (Poison?) | Skullgirls: Fortune/Bella | LB2: Yuki
    ·
    Does anyone remember which archive it was that they sang the Evangelion Opening?
    ·
  • The MartianThe Martian Do you like hurting people? Joined: Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sir, I cannot express in words how much I respect you. You are probably one of my favorite people on here duckie. Lab Zero also saved me from my own despair, though they didn't do it directly and it wasn't as bad as yours.

You have every reason to be fanboyish over them as you are. In fact.

( ' .' )7 Lab Zero forever.

Come on everyone, let's bring this hype train to it's fullest. It's time to start a SkullGirls revolution!
    Real talk.
    "Power is not will. It is the phenomenon of physically making things happen."

PSN: Shadaloo_Martian
    WiiU ID: IIMartianII
    XBL: III Martian III

My Tumblr.
    3DS Code: 4957-4227-9462
    ·
    Hey what type of text font would match Skullgirls the best?
    ·
    Ohwait what, your eye only happened recently? I thought you were like, born one-eyed. That sucks bad~ What the heck happened? How big is the impact on your daily life (dunno how relevant a blindspot like that is.. do you just move your head around a lot now?)?
    Yep, it was just 16 months ago. It took time to adjust. Some things came quickly, such as learning to use my sense of touch to sense depth, or driving. There are still some ways I'm not entirely adjusted. My stick modding business has pretty much failed because I can't keep up with the work anymore, and I'm having to look for other work. I'm only modding sticks at tournaments now, or unless I happen to have one to sell (or donate to charity like I did the other day).

Driving is fine, I just have to turn my head a lot. The most annoying thing is that my hearing on my right side has overcompensated, and people walking next to me sound like they're right in my ear. No, I take that back... the most annoying thing is how my reflexes have been affected by the medications I'm on. It's just enough to have trouble blocking certain shit I used to block fine. -_-

Hey what type of text font would match Skullgirls the best?
    How about the exact fonts?

·
    Oh! Thanks duckie :D
    ·
  • joe2187joe2187 Joined: Posts: 58
    Anyone have a link to all those movie posters for each character? or stylized posters they each had?
    ·
    ·
    I think these three are the only ones done so far, at least I haven't seen any others.

Well and there was the Filia Donation poster, but one can't buy that anymore

E: Ohwait, Googe found this
    tumblr_mbeco3nqPh1rvtnano1_500.jpg

Let's see whether I can digup more :b
    Why.
    ·