Skullgirls OTT! -Random select is top tier.

Comments

• PterodactylPterodactyl The time has come and so have I Joined: Posts: 7,188
    edited March 2013
    So, since we're only 50,000 away form the 3rd character and we have but 4 days left to get them...

It's obviously not going to happen unless womanizing playboy philanthropist Bruce Wayne swoops by and delivers a charitable donation to the campaign.

Are the devs just gonna say "fuck it, might as well" and try to make the 3rd character anyway, or are they just going to say "Oh well, too bad"?

I hope they just try to do another fundraiser or something to get that little bit left instead of jacking it off on other things.
    spread'em
  • KaviteeKavitee Joined: Posts: 787
    I'm worried with how slow it's been, and if certain groups will demand refunds if certain goals look unlikely. I don't want Hat flashbacks.
    I thought the new Saint and Patron slots would have cleaned up the rest of the cash to 600k by now
  • XthAtGAm3RGuYXXthAtGAm3RGuYX SRK's ResidentSleeper Joined: Posts: 11,747
    We're 3k away from mystery character stage and story. So fuckin in there right now. Can't wait to start voting.

Also Skullheart why you no handle user base? been down for like 10 hours already.
    Unchallenged owner of worst user name on SRK

AE: Juri(Main), Ken(work in progress)::::UMvC3: Felicia/Dante/Doom::::SkullGirls: Squigly/Fortune
    Not enough Dragonballs between all three of the shows to keep you unbanned - Pertho
  • 0sh0sh AKA Vadsamoht Joined: Posts: 537
    We're 3k away from mystery character stage and story. So fuckin in there right now. Can't wait to start voting.

Also Skullheart why you no handle user base? been down for like 10 hours already.

The amount of traffic we've been getting over the past day or so compounded with the previous issues has completely brought our server to its knees. Basically, we have no option but to look for a new server package that is more suited to the site (which has grown much faster than we expected).
    SFIV: Sakura (Poison?) | Skullgirls: Fortune/Bella | LB2: Yuki/Hibiki
  • CryoStaticCryoStatic Joined: Posts: 105
    Hmm, is there a last minute donation drive or fundraising effort going on? Suddenly under 24 hours somewhere around 50k has been raised I believe. At this rate the Mane6 team should be able to get the engine, and perhaps we might be able to get the 2nd mystery character funded with a little luck
  • Jet Set DizzyJet Set Dizzy Night of the Defender Joined: Posts: 2,270
    Salty cupcakes special edition tonight
    "No, that's the extent of my knowledge. I just smash the keyboard with my elbows for a few hours a day and somehow this game happened."- Mike Z
  • Fox PocketFox Pocket Barack Arcana Joined: Posts: 300
    Chaos Code: Cthylla
    Blazblue: Platinum

• The MartianThe Martian Tatsu Spam Supreme™ Joined: Posts: 12,149
    Oh my god, they're talking about making Robo-Fortune a full fledged character as well if they can make it to 725k...

Reverge, take this card and charge any amount to it. Make this character happen.

5r49e.jpg
    "Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are."

Tumblr (NSFW)
    PSN: Shadaloo_Martian
    Another 20k during the few hours I was sleeping. Where the hell did all that money come from lol
    If we pull off playable robo-fortune i will eat my hat.

AE: Juri(Main), Ken(work in progress)::::UMvC3: Felicia/Dante/Doom::::SkullGirls: Squigly/Fortune
    Not enough Dragonballs between all three of the shows to keep you unbanned - Pertho
  • ChronoSurvivor96ChronoSurvivor96 Joined: Posts: 2
    Another 20k during the few hours I was sleeping. Where the hell did all that money come from lol
    If we pull off playable robo-fortune i will eat my hat.

Is it a big hat? D:
    14 hours with about 17K left to get, we can do this!

• Mr. XMr. X Non Stop ∞ Climax Joined: Posts: 20,239
    skullgirlsmoney47lef.gif
    You did not go back in time, this is how the forums look.
    "You are all just as bad as the people you hate. You're only interested in characters based on tears." - Since1717
    NO STREAM = DEAD GAME
    PSN: X_the_Genius | GGPO: Mr X | Skype: MisterEcks
    edited March 2013
    WHY IS INDIEGOGO DOWN?
    "No, that's the extent of my knowledge. I just smash the keyboard with my elbows for a few hours a day and somehow this game happened."- Mike Z
    I'm happy because robot fortune. I'm angry because I must eat a hat.
    In a polite and grateful fashion, fuck all you guys <3

Me before the crowdfunding
    "Is a month long enough?"

Me in the middle of crowdfunding
    "We're getting to at least $500K"

Me after passing $500K
    "I'm shutting up now"
    "You are all just as bad as the people you hate. You're only interested in characters based on tears." - Since1717
    NO STREAM = DEAD GAME
  • Ketchy KechKetchy Kech RAZALASH Joined: Posts: 862
    whats this? if 825k is reached, we get TWO mystery poll-voted characters? ANNIE OF THE STARS? YEAH
    || MvC3: Ironman, Tron, Super Skrull || SSF4 v.2012: Guy || || BB CSII: Tsubaki Yayoi ||
    || UMvC3: R. Raccoon, Dr. Strange, Ryu || 3SOE: Elena || SkullGirls: Painwheel / Double (?) || *

$829,829

NO STREAM = DEAD GAME
  • FluffyMFluffyM Poor so hard Joined: Posts: 683
    edited March 2013
    Man, it almost feels anticlimactic now; the tuesday stream was hype AF, indiegogo ended, hype AF, thursday stream, hype AF.
    Now all we can do is wait. I need more skullgirls, give me more! Next thursday is too long off ~X(
    SFV: Chun Li, Guile, Cammy, Balrog
    KOFXIII: Kyo/Mr. Karate/Leona
    SF4: Adon
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,067 mod
    Mr. X wrote: »
    601991_10151558554744309_2078182296_n.jpg
    Where's the Brazzers logo?
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO
  • DarkArchvilleDarkArchville Anyone who opposes me will be destroyed. Joined: Posts: 1,166
    Speaking of the fundraising campaign, Indiegogo just released some interesting data about the donations, breaking down contributors by nation and total contributions:
    1. United States: $508957
    2. Japan: $92927
    3. Canada: $58802
    4. United Kingdom: $39305
    5. Australia: $24786
    6. Brazil: $13223
    7. Germany: $9660
    8. United Arab Emirates: $9068
    9. Sweden: $8904
    10. France: $7002
    11. Mexico: $5577
    12. Netherlands: $4931
    13. South Korea: $4724
    14. Norway: $4540
    15. Finland: $3582
    16. Russian Federation: $3392
    17. New Zealand: $2626
    18. Italy: $2280
    19. Singapore: $2242
    20. Taiwan: $2186

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/keep-skullgirls-growing?c=activity

Turns out Skullgirls is surprisingly popular in Japan, huh ?
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY SKULLGIRLS!
    NO STREAM = DEAD GAME
    www.twitch.tv/labzero/b/391178114?t=1h42m30s
    NO STREAM = DEAD GAME
  • Fox PocketFox Pocket Barack Arcana Joined: Posts: 300
    SPU60c5.png
    Chaos Code: Cthylla
    Blazblue: Platinum

edited April 2013
    Lmao at that lobby screen. What did they do just overlay on top of SF?

• DimeDime Wasting time Joined: Posts: 10,234
    ...hmmmm im liking training mode injustice... But with bad netcode i dont know if i can actually take the game any kind of seriously... Anyone care to give a heads up on general strategy for games like this?
    Gettin' my derp on.
  • Rabbit360Rabbit360 keyboard warrior Joined: Posts: 288
    Dime_x wrote: »
    ...hmmmm im liking training mode injustice... But with bad netcode i dont know if i can actually take the game any kind of seriously... Anyone care to give a heads up on general strategy for games like this?

This post has some decent tips:
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/comment/8098010/#Comment_8098010

• AsteriskBlueAsteriskBlue Joined: Posts: 759
    edited April 2013
    It's going to be really damn awesome when these polls are done! That is of course, after everyone is done crying over the results.
    It's nice to meet you, too.
  • Mitri MFMitri MF Joined: Posts: 433
    Yeaaaah, Skullgirls arcade release in Japan......

Technically speaking, could you import a Nesica system loaded with SG?
    Doesnt a NESICA have to be connected to a network or something? I wouldnt know because Ive never been to the land of the rising sun

But anyway. Something as large as an arcade cabinet? Import? From Japan?
    tumblr_m3s4rnOG2O1qcbs8ao1_500.gif

• DudeDude Joined: Posts: 199
    anybody know what's up with Skullheart?
    Server it was hosted on apparently took a shit. Vads says it should be fixed soon.

So 2 weeks

• DaRabidDuckieDaRabidDuckie Happiest. Duck. Ever. Joined: Posts: 9,870 mod
    So 2 weeks
    marie_300__by_kuroirozuki-d6ccsfv.jpg

Couldn't resist.
    "Being degrading or insulting is not the same as being hype. Huh, I think I just solved the problem with the entire community." -- Mike Z on the FGC

• d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,067 mod
    Does this mean that Marie's power level is 3000.3333333, so if she becomes 300%, her power level increases to 9000.999999 or, if rounded up, 9001, aka OVER 9000!?
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO
  • ZazzariusZazzarius Shaaaaaaaa! Joined: Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Couldn't resist.

shouldn't her eyes be green?

whenever Marie gets to be playable when skullgirls 2 comes out in 2017 or whatever, DBZ Marie should be an alternate color.
    "Amidst the mists and fiercest frosts,
    with barest wrists and stoutest boasts,
    he thrusts his fists against the posts,
    and still insists he sees the ghosts."
    No. She just went super saiyan so hard that her eyes went BACK to their original color. That's when shit get serious

• JakeWasHereJakeWasHere FGC N3wb Joined: Posts: 296
    So is there anyone here who knows why Skullheart's down? It's been like this for a while...
    edited July 2013
    So is there anyone here who knows why Skullheart's down? It's been like this for a while...

I've updated the page with a little more info, but essentially the server got wiped. We're running around trying to find a backup of the forum stuff so that we don't have to restart everything from scratch.

EDIT: And as for an ETA I'm tempted to say "two weeks" but hopefully it shouldn't be more than a few days before we know if we have a backup or not, and then we'll proceed appropriately.
    0sh wrote: »

I've updated the page with a little more info, but essentially the server got wiped. We're running around trying to find a backup of the forum stuff so that we don't have to restart everything from scratch.

EDIT: And as for an ETA I'm tempted to say "two weeks" but hopefully it shouldn't be more than a few days before we know if we have a backup or not, and then we'll proceed appropriately.

Even though "Two weeks" is in fact a joke and an SG meme, you probably actually should say that. Reason being is that it basically means "Nobody knows for a fact how long this will take". This way people stop asking and we dont get hurt internet feelings if it isnt back up when you predicted.

• kachekache Inversion Impulse Joined: Posts: 654
    Any american buying the 4-pack? We europeans got screwed with pricing as always, and I wanna buy it for the US price...
    紅赤朱
  • LouiscipherLouiscipher Joined: Posts: 8,177
    Any updates made to Big Band yet?
    STOMP!
    Any updates made to Big Band yet?
    They're working on him now, but he's not yet playable in the beta.
    Copy/Paste

I don't know about Skullgirls. I'm unsure if I'm just not digging the mechanics or I can't find a character that I like. Right now I'm rocking SoloBella and getting mixed results. I love Grapplers but I don't know with her. I'm just not totally syncing with her. Same with the other characters and I'm not sure what it is. Something is not clicking. Maybe my opinion will change when Big Band and Beowulf appear? I don't know.

The one thing I don't like about hyper aggressive Marvel-styled games is that I feel like they reward mashing. People just throw shit out there so long as it's not horribly unsafe. It reminds me of playing Brazilian or generally Hispanic dudes on GGPO and Supercade in KOF. They just don't give a fuck if they're not trolling you. They will continue to short hop and just go in no matter how many times you punish it. Because they know all it takes is one good combo and they got you. They don't give a fuck if you punish them.

Maybe Cerebella's footsies just suck? I don't know. I'm hoping when Big Band and Beowulf appear I will find that synergy and maybe the game will make sense to me but I don't know.

And don't call me a hater. I'm happy to support a good fighter on PC and I bought it on PSN when it first came out. The game didn't make sense to me and I couldn't find character synergy back then either.
    STOMP!
  • VulpesVulpes No. Joined: Posts: 3,678
    I don't really see how this is different from any other game? Ryu in SF4 "just throws 'walkup c.MK xx Fireball' out there".
    The difference is just that in SG the 'same move' is an IAD j.HP which moves three times as fast and leads to actual damage.
    You have to react faster, you have to be weary at more distances, mistakes get punished harder..
    .. and yeah, if you have no idea what's going on it may seem random - but it's really the same Footsies, just sped up.

Bella's Footsies are really good. Run-Stop360/Butt/Feint, j.MP, j.HK, 6HP, j.HP Gliding and H.LnL .. what are you asking for on a Grappler?

If you want a more slow-paced character with a very distinct Neutral game, try Painwheel.
    Hatred Guard is a fundamental part of her game now, and her Throw is such a core element to her playstyle that she may as well count as a grappler :P
    Why.
    Eh, I'm kinda' digging Valentine but IDK. I'm just not feeling it right now. I hate long fucking combos. I hate the derpyness of mashing and getting rewarded for it. I'm sorry but a guy hitting buttons at midscreen is not a guy with a plan, that's someone guessing.

And Bella's jHP sucks dick. It's an awful jump in. It whiffs on way too many dudes and if you hold it for an extra half second you get that glide...
    STOMP!
  • Vlad7779311Vlad7779311 Joined: Posts: 374
    Since when can Bella do instant air dashes? O_o
    Playing as:
    UNIEL: Yuzuriha, Gordeau
    BBCPEX: Bullet
    GG Xrd Revelator: I-No
    Koihime Enbu: Kan'u
    Killer Instinct:/ Fulgore
    Nitroplus Blasterz: Ignis
  • AsteriskBlueAsteriskBlue Joined: Posts: 759
    edited August 2013
    Bell's j.hp is a good once you get used to avoiding the glide

For jump ins I use j.mp(which is also a great air to air move), j.hk, and j.lk. Really her air normals are second only to parasoul. It can be super hard using her solo because there are certain matches that suck for her solo. You might want to use an assist more often with her

Valentine has the easiest combos in the game, but the most important thing for her game is air movement. Her cmd throw is by far the slowest move in the game so you can ignore it.
    It's nice to meet you, too.
  • DudeDude Joined: Posts: 199
    Bella's j.HP is an awesome move. You need to space it properly, but that doesn't make it any less good.