Skullgirls OTT! -Random select is top tier.

1373839404143»

Comments

• DudeDude Joined: Posts: 199
    On a semi-related note, I really love SG's footsies, and it makes me sad when people say they don't exist or are derpy. I don't even mind all the invincible assists. Though I do think the 60 frame assist-hit lockout will make it even better.
    I find it really ironic that every time interest in SG starts to rise, and when new players are most likely to seek out help, the forum is down. (I'm sure I'm not alone here.)
  • evilweevleevilweevle Xbox GT : MrFossy Joined: Posts: 4,275
    i find it ironic that the week that SRK went down, everybody was in panic mode about getting a new forum set up immediately because theres no way we could survive a week without having a forum.

im a little disappointed there wasnt the same reaction all the times skullheart has been down lol.
    3DS friend code : 0232 8273 2994
  • ThatJollyOlBastidThatJollyOlBastid soon Joined: Posts: 19,826
    I actually wanted to start playing the game today and :('d at seeing SH down
    "Seth is like McDonald's. You can learn to make the same burger in 2 days as the person who's worked there for 5 years" ~ Dogura
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,066 mod
    So, I guess 4 or 5 more days then?
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO
  • XthAtGAm3RGuYXXthAtGAm3RGuYX SRK's ResidentSleeper Joined: Posts: 11,747
    evilweevle wrote: »
    i find it ironic that the week that SRK went down, everybody was in panic mode about getting a new forum set up immediately because theres no way we could survive a week without having a forum.

im a little disappointed there wasnt the same reaction all the times skullheart has been down lol.

Nah I remember there being a bit of a freak out the first time it went down. Especially when it stayed down for like a whole month.

Now its like what the 3rd time it went down? Im kind of indifferent to it now really and im sure many others are too.
    Unchallenged owner of worst user name on SRK

AE: Juri(Main), Ken(work in progress)::::UMvC3: Felicia/Dante/Doom::::SkullGirls: Squigly/Fortune
    Not enough Dragonballs between all three of the shows to keep you unbanned - Pertho
  • 0sh0sh AKA Vadsamoht Joined: Posts: 537
    d3v wrote: »

TBH we should have been back up some time ago, it's just that we're not getting an email reply from one guy and that's what it holding things up. As soon as I get that email, we'll be back up in 1-2 days max.
    SFIV: Sakura (Poison?) | Skullgirls: Fortune/Bella | LB2: Yuki/Hibiki
    0sh wrote: »

TBH we should have been back up some time ago, it's just that we're not getting an email reply from one guy and that's what it holding things up. As soon as I get that email, we'll be back up in 1-2 days max.

Do we know if any of the content from the site was able to be recovered?
    Dude wrote: »

Well all of the skullgirls website itself was successfully restored, but I suspect you were thinking more about the forums. A lot of the forum threads are archived in Google's cache (if you know some tricks to get to it) so in theory almost all of the content can be backed up, but it's a mind-numbingly boring thing to do. It took me a whole night just to retrieve the archives of the News section and I haven't been able to do any more since then.

The email I'm waiting for is actually about the backups - we're waiting to see if a guy from the webhost has a backup of the databases that we can use (which means everyone will still have their own accounts and the threadas will still be there, etc.), and if not we'll just have to restart the forum from scratch.
    have there been any updates on when squiggly is gonna be available for consoles? since SH went down i havent really heard any updates on anything the last month or so.
  • Vlad7779311Vlad7779311 Joined: Posts: 374

Well all of the skullgirls website itself was successfully restored, but I suspect you were thinking more about the forums. A lot of the forum threads are archived in Google's cache (if you know some tricks to get to it) so in theory almost all of the content can be backed up, but it's a mind-numbingly boring thing to do. It took me a whole night just to retrieve the archives of the News section and I haven't been able to do any more since then.

The email I'm waiting for is actually about the backups - we're waiting to see if a guy from the webhost has a backup of the databases that we can use (which means everyone will still have their own accounts and the threadas will still be there, etc.), and if not we'll just have to restart the forum from scratch.
    Does that mean we'll have to create new accounts?
    evilweevle wrote: »
    have there been any updates on when squiggly is gonna be available for consoles? since SH went down i havent really heard any updates on anything the last month or so.
    No info so far. Mike Z said they'll need to send the DLC and Patch to Sony & Microsoft and that might take some weeks.

Playing as:
    UNIEL: Yuzuriha, Gordeau
    BBCPEX: Bullet
    GG Xrd Revelator: I-No
    Koihime Enbu: Kan'u
    Killer Instinct:/ Fulgore
    Nitroplus Blasterz: Ignis

Does that mean we'll have to create new accounts?

If we can't find a backup to use then yes, unfortunately.
  • NephinelNephinel Jill - Mistress of Wyverns Joined: Posts: 705
    So any recent news on DAT SKULLGIRLS ARCADE RELEASE???

...I haven't been keeping up with this game at all -_-
    This battle is about to explode. FIGHT!
    PSN: Nephinel
    NNID: Nephinel
    The community hub on Steam makes me sad, annoyed, and amused, all at the same time. It is completely inundated with scrubs*. I think I've seen an "X character is OP plz nerf" for every character. I know every growing community is going to attract "undesirables", but I can't help but be slightly apprehensive about the future of the SG player base.

*Scrubs as in scrub scrubs. Not as in newbies. (Though of course there's some overlap.)
    so who can tell me what the final changes ended up being in terms of the IPS changes and also what form does undizzy take in the PC version.

after so many revisions and experiments i am eager to know which version was decided that it was good enough to end up in the final version. its been hard to keep up with things since skullheart went down. IRC was completely empty as well when i tried going into it last week.

im surprised there isnt a link for it on the skullheart page that is there atm.
  • Flying PhoenixFlying Phoenix n00bity n00bity n00b n00b Joined: Posts: 49
    So I just brought this game a few days ago. It is insanely good. I hope this game has a long life.
    I haven't played on console since the beta release. Did PC completely cannibalize what was left of the online console players?
  • AsteriskBlueAsteriskBlue Joined: Posts: 759
    Xbox Live is significantly more quiet now, but there is still a small handful of people a many of them are new players.
    It's nice to meet you, too.
    edited August 2013
    Theres such a huge gap in game version now, that PC did eat up everybody. A lot of people adapted to new changes, and have picked up Squigly for their team. Its like going back to vanilla SF4 after playing ver2012

AE: Juri(Main), Ken(work in progress)::::UMvC3: Felicia/Dante/Doom::::SkullGirls: Squigly/Fortune
    Not enough Dragonballs between all three of the shows to keep you unbanned - Pertho
  • Flying PhoenixFlying Phoenix n00bity n00bity n00b n00b Joined: Posts: 49
    ^^^That's a bit hyperbolic. SF4 has like half as many character 2012.
    For anyone that didn't see or get the most recent IGG update, the current estimates are six weeks for Squigly and the patch on console. (They don't have to pay anymore, but it still takes time to get everything in order).
    edited September 2013
    ^^^That's a bit hyperbolic. SF4 has like half as many character 2012.

The number of characters isn't what I'm comparing. I'm citing the differences in gameplay overall. Lots of characters had a bunch of changes. in the same way that vanilla SF4 plays out much different than ver2012, Squigly edition plays differently than slightly different edition. Most notably the undizzy system putting a dent into some combos

• blufangblufang Devour! Joined: Posts: 4,487
    Is this a thread to discuss tiers? Ukyorlz had a very descriptive one on videogames wordpress that was made in April. Since the PC Squigly version also had balance changes and some system changes, what are peoples' opinions on the tiers?

• VulpesVulpes No. Joined: Posts: 3,678
    edited September 2013
    I don't think anyone ever agreed with ukyo's list in the first place

E: On the topic of tiers now, wayyy too early to tell anything with all the system changes.
    The only thing I'm semi confident to call is
    S-Tier: Fortune (..as usual)
    Why.
    I don't think Filia will ever not be A tier or higher. Too well rounded, no really bad matchups. Maybe she wasn't as great in vanilla (aka Meter Positive TOD edition), but even then I think she was underrated by a lot of people.
    1.00 Filia was sure-as-heck not A-Tier.
    Underrated? Yes.
    Good? No.

Vanilla Filia was *weaker* than SQG Filia is - in a game with 1.00 Double, 1.00 Parasoul, etc
    Why.
  • DimeDime Wasting time Joined: Posts: 10,229
    Vulpes wrote: »
    1.00 Filia was sure-as-heck not A-Tier.
    Underrated? Yes.
    Good? No.

Vanilla Filia was *weaker* than SQG Filia is - in a game with 1.00 Double, 1.00 Parasoul, etc

Change that to not a-tier
    Underrated? Yes.
    Good? YES.

she wasnt a-tier because double, fortune and val stood in her way. Thats the only reason.
    Same as peacock being just about the same. Folks had a mean peacock/filia pre patch. Tbqh he seemed almost better pre patch.

But people hadnt yet figured out JUST HOW GOOD updo was, we knew it was good, but not that good.

People still dont even really know what sde filia is capable of and the only other characters that can really boast that are bella and fortune.

Gettin' my derp on.
  • SpaceOutNightmareSpaceOutNightmare Stays Sandbaggin' Joined: Posts: 2,351
    It's a damn shame I don't have a pc that can run pc version so I'm stuck on old content and that's just pushing me into FF14.
    Thinking about redoing BOB tournament for the patch, anyone game?
    Off Topic: I'm on vacation in a "German" town in Washington State (a place called Leavenworth that was founded by Germans and supposedly retains a lot of architectural, culinary, and environmental similarities. But I wouldn't know, because I've never been to Germany). Anyway, I found a book of dirty German words and phrases, which seemed useful, so I bought it.

tl;dr Now I can yell at you all in German, and only Vulpes will know if I'm being a dick or being sexy... Or being a sexy dick.

...Fellfrosch!
    Bavaria. Not Germany.
    Why.
    Bavaria. Not Germany.

I thought Bavaria was a state in Germany. Or is this a joke that flew over my head?
    Love bavarian wheat beer.

I'll probably get judged harshly for this, but I really don't enjoy beer. I'd rather just down a shot or two of liquor to get the drinking out of the way as quickly as possible and move on to the buzz.
    I can fully understand any American stating that they dislike beer. I ain't hot for your pisswater either.
    Why.
    Hmm maybe because beer tastes like shit and you have to train yourself to like it . I might down one at a party but then I'm picking up something that isn't beer. Its somewhat expensive but I'm partial to crown royal. That's good shit

Hmm maybe because beer tastes like shit and you have to train yourself to like it.
    Have you ever tried a good one
    Why.
    Most American mass produced beer is absolutely awful, could never stand the stuff. However there are some very good microbrews, and off course u can go international. Beer doesn't taste like shit, bad beer tastes like shit.

Hmm maybe because beer tastes like shit and you have to train yourself to like it.
    Have you ever tried a good one

I would ask you to define good, but I already know that my answer is, no i havent.

The Seattle/Tacoma area is supposed to have some good local stuff, which I've tried. But I can't tell much difference... Of course, I love the smell of good weed, while most people I know hate it, so I understand liking something that uncultured plebes inexplicably hate.

• DaRabidDuckieDaRabidDuckie Happiest. Duck. Ever. Joined: Posts: 9,870 mod
    I've never tried it, but I can go ahead and tell you that's the best beer ever made. Hands down. Yep.

"Being degrading or insulting is not the same as being hype. Huh, I think I just solved the problem with the entire community." -- Mike Z on the FGC

Oh no, I hope nobody comes in here and posts their horrible and offensive MKII video... whatever shall we do if it gets posted here?

*watches and waits*
    "Being degrading or insulting is not the same as being hype. Huh, I think I just solved the problem with the entire community." -- Mike Z on the FGC

edited October 2013
    jackassery

Gotcha! Thanks!

• ZebsterZebster Joined: Posts: 3,738
    Oh no, I hope nobody comes in here and posts their horrible and offensive MKII video... whatever shall we do if it gets posted here?

*watches and waits*

What are we talking about here?
    KOF 14 team: Robert/King/K'
    Zebster wrote: »

*watches and waits*

What are we talking about here?

There was a guy posting a racist video in any thread that was recently posted in. I got in trouble for banning people outside my own section, so I bumped this thread to make sure he posted here, then banned him since he posted in my section.

That post, in other words, was bait. He took it. :)

• ShadowwalkerShadowwalker coopgui Joined: Posts: 95
    Day one of console skullgirls voucher: play squiggly tiem
    Handle: @coopgui PSN: OmniShadowwalker

I play cute characters like Decapre.
  • DimeDime Wasting time Joined: Posts: 10,229
    So.... Skullheart is down again it seems... How long will it be down this time? Gah.
    Gettin' my derp on.
    Dime_x wrote: »
    So.... Skullheart is down again it seems... How long will it be down this time? Gah.

Damn, son... talk about impatient. :p