Skullgirls OTT! -Random select is top tier.

Jet Set DizzyJet Set Dizzy Night of the DefenderJoined: Posts: 2,270
This thread is basically just a thread to talk and converse with other members from the Marvel 3 Skullgirls forums about things loosely or not at all related to the Marvel vs Capcom 3 Skullgirls series.

Rule 1: Please don't makes posts containing only images, videos, and memes "except where absolutely necessary" (and that being open to common sense) so that we can keep the thread from spiraling down into insanity.

Rule 2: Be nice!

Have at you.
"No, that's the extent of my knowledge. I just smash the keyboard with my elbows for a few hours a day and somehow this game happened."- Mike Z
·

Comments

• DaRabidDuckieDaRabidDuckie Happiest. Duck. Ever. Joined: Posts: 9,767 mod
    WTF IS THIS SHIT???

Kidding, I asked JSD to do this. :tup:

Really though, we need a place to socialize. Keeps the scene together. This is your thread, and you build it and shape it as you guys see fit. Just don't let it get stupid in here, okay?

To reiterate on rule #1 up there, don't make one-word posts, or posts containing just an image or emote with no other content. Just use some common sense and have fun. If you see me in here, it's acting as just another Skullgirls fan, not as a moderator, unless someone breaks the rules or gets reported. I'm here to enjoy myself, too.

If I do have to come in here as a mod, I'm warning those who innocently break rules, infracting those doing it willingly, and bitch-slapping people giving you guys trouble. Again, a little application of common sense from all of us goes a looooooong way.
    Only modding at tournaments now. I'm no longer taking mail order jobs. Please don't ask.
    "Being degrading or insulting is not the same as being hype. Huh, I think I just solved the problem with the entire community." -- Mike Z on the FGC

·
  • Firekid2468Firekid2468 Keep the Flag Flying Joined: Posts: 922
    So, what happened to all of those ask blogs? >_>
    BB: Makoto, Noel
    MvC3: X-23/Wesker/Strider
    SG: Filia/Squigly/M. Fortune
    RTSD all day, erry day.
    ·
  • Ben PerkinsBen Perkins Joined: Posts: 6,518 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I rove you Jet Set Dizzy

and Duckie too.

That said,

FINALLY! I CAN BREATHE AGAIN!

What up y'all 8-)
    ·
  • Sanger ZonvoltSanger Zonvolt Future Cyberbots Pro Joined: Posts: 1,529
    Great to have our convo back, thanks Duckie.
    Sword of Sophia and fightan games
    Cyberbots: Super-8 & Helion
    Vampire Savior: Lilith, Jedah, and Demitri
    Skullgirls: Painwheel/Filia/Squigly
    ·
  • OneSanitariumOneSanitarium BASARA Joined: Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭
    AC+R got me hype as hell, so I've been playing AC a lot recently. GG is too good. Also tried GGX and attempted the Jam infinite, as well as looking at the glitches that became Jump Install, 1F Jump, and such.

Been playing SG some, but really only in training...and those two random onlines where it was essentially training room all over. People don't like to block when being combo'd, so my shitty execution from not playing as much becomes constant resets at times. Oh well.

Also been playing MvC2, Alpha 2, and some SNK games (XI, 2002UM, Rage of the Dragons)

Good to see Ben Perkins has been taken off his leash.
    ·
    So a friend sent me a picture of him stealth trolling a Poison cosplayer at EVO. The first thing I noticed wasn't him, nor Poison... but Petey Fuckin' Bartholow, in the wild.
    Only modding at tournaments now. I'm no longer taking mail order jobs. Please don't ask.
    "Being degrading or insulting is not the same as being hype. Huh, I think I just solved the problem with the entire community." -- Mike Z on the FGC

·
    I miss Ravid. He's cool.
    ·
    AC+R got me hype as hell, so I've been playing AC a lot recently. GG is too good. Also tried GGX and attempted the Jam infinite, as well as looking at the glitches that became Jump Install, 1F Jump, and such.
    AC+R is going to be too good, can't wait.

Jojo, whether silly anime game or possible competitive game, still hyped for it.
    ·
  • Jet Set DizzyJet Set Dizzy Night of the Defender Joined: Posts: 2,270

Jojo, whether silly anime game or possible competitive game, still hyped for it.
    Yeah I'm really hyped for AC+R too. The changes look so fun. Also I'm super curious about that Jojo's game. I loved the capcom one and I'm probably gonna try to read the manga soon.
    "No, that's the extent of my knowledge. I just smash the keyboard with my elbows for a few hours a day and somehow this game happened."- Mike Z
    ·
    If Jojo's remains Ps3-only I will tear my robes and weep

and then ebay a PS3 in the night.

I'm excited for Sleeping Dogs, Transformers FOC, and AC3!

...but none of those are fighting games :(
    ·

Are you still going to play Justice though?
    I like the artstyle of the game, but CyberConnect2 is just...eh. I might be getting a new arcade stick that will actually be compatible with my CPU soon, so I can start actually playing the games I have on FBA/GGPO. RoTD, JoJos, Cyberbots, Vampire, XvSF, etc. Maybe soon.

Also, fuck poison ivy. Fuck this shit.
    ·
  • JampJamp Toxic Beauty Joined: Posts: 7,387 mod
    I missed this thread.
    "Hey man if I lose to it, I'm pretty sure that makes it braindead." - AceKillah
    ·
    If Jojo's remains Ps3-only I will tear my robes and weep

and then ebay a PS3 in the night.

I'm excited for Sleeping Dogs, Transformers FOC, and AC3!

...but none of those are fighting games :(
    Dishonored looks awesome as hell. So does Max Anarchy.
    ·
    Max Anarchy.

Had it preordered since like last September. I'm not gonna import because I'm losing cash rapidly.
    ·
  • Sensei RouzuSensei Rouzu Just Another Brotha on SRK Joined: Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭
    Does Mike Z still post here?

Listening to : Nas / Andreya Triana / Mavis Staples / Earthbound OST / L'Orange / Sadistik / MC Melodee

·
    ·
    Are you still going to play Justice though?
    I like the artstyle of the game, but CyberConnect2 is just...eh. I might be getting a new arcade stick that will actually be compatible with my CPU soon, so I can start actually playing the games I have on FBA/GGPO. RoTD, JoJos, Cyberbots, Vampire, XvSF, etc. Maybe soon.
    Yes I will be playing Justice, that Venom trolling though lol.

Me and you need to Cyberbots sometime.
    ·
    Lol I really hope they reconsider giving her an air dash or something.
    They just need to give her a way to deal with getting in, wether it be a normal version of her FB Dash that doens't have a hitbox and leaves her in CH state until it ends, an actual dash, or some other way
    Yes I will be playing Justice, that Venom trolling though lol.

Me and you need to Cyberbots sometime.
    If I get the stick and learn the game, sure.

I started learning Testament, and then the AC+R changes came in and made me sad. I might still learn him, but I might also pick up Venom and/or Jam.
    ·
    If I get the stick and learn the game, sure.
    PS3 stick doesn't work on your PC?
    ·
    PS3 stick doesn't work on your PC?
    Nop. Madcatz TE isn't recognized on my chipset. And I have a laptop, so I'm SOL.
    ·
  • ZidianeZidiane HyperCharging YOLO STAR Joined: Posts: 1,224
    Each paragraph is a different topic. The first sentence sums up the topic, so you skip the topic(s) that doesn't interest you.

Man... I forgot that I need to get a stick. I've been fine rocking my 360 controller (the best pad of all time, imo), but I've played the rubber off of it. It's mostly Skullgirls' fault.

Has anyone legitimately beaten Marie on Ridiculous yet? I saw someone winning with Peacock by keeping her in the first form and then running out the clock, but that doesn't count in my book. I was fighting her for, like, 3 hours the other day. I can get to the third form with nearly full health with a bit of luck, but that last 10% health or whatever is the most frustrating thing I've ever fought against in a video game.

I'm thinking about starting a Let's Play video series for a bunch of games that I love. Like, Megaman. And Chrono Trigger. And FFIX. Mostly older games and their sequels up until I've replayed (for the tenth time) every old game I love, and then start with newer games. Anyone here have any experience with this type of thing? I think it'll be fun.

I'm thinking about playing that new Jojo's game, but I never played the original one(s?). I'm ALSO going to be getting that new GG, and am going to start learning how to play KOF (from the newest installment).

Has anyone played that new VF5 game? I heard it was good, but I'm not too good at 3D fighting games. I hate the sheer amount of normals there are, since I need to know all of them.
    xbl/psn: Zidiane/zidiane5
    Skullgirls: Cerebella, SSB Melee: Kirby, Samus
    Ever wonder how to play Cerebella, of Skullgirls fame? Here's a guide I made!
    ·
    Nop. Madcatz TE isn't recognized on my chipset. And I have a laptop, so I'm SOL.
    Nah, just dual mod it and use the 360 side on PC.

·
    Should just avoid making walls of text next time, since just casual chat.
    I'm thinking about playing that new Jojo's game, but I never played the original one(s?).
    It probably will play nothing like the original, so you should be cool.
    ·
    Oh yeah, that thing I've been hinting about for months?

Yeah, this is it.

Well, it's half of it. I'm waiting on someone else for the other half.

·
  • Dime_xDime_x master theorist Joined: Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭
    sg forum finally gets off probation!

and yes random select is truly top tier... played a set against aof and got painwheel/double/someone else 80% of my games

TOO GOOD!

-dime
    Skullgirls: Painwheel/double & Peacock/x/painwheel. SSF4 AE 2012: Ibuki
    ST: Dee Jay,Vega,Ryu,Zangief,Boxer,Chun,Guile,Sagat
    If you're offended by your own playstyle that doesnt make sense -Pali
    -Dime_x
    ·
  • ZidianeZidiane HyperCharging YOLO STAR Joined: Posts: 1,224
    Should just avoid making walls of text next time, since just casual chat.

It probably will play nothing like the original, so you should be cool.
    How's that? Honestly, to me, that was casual talk. I'm long winded.

I didn't think I'd need past experience, it's just some people get offended when newer players get excited for new installments or remakes of older games. "You have never played the original, so you have no right to be excited!" You've all probably heard something like that before.
    xbl/psn: Zidiane/zidiane5
    Skullgirls: Cerebella, SSB Melee: Kirby, Samus
    Ever wonder how to play Cerebella, of Skullgirls fame? Here's a guide I made!
    ·
    Nah, just dual mod it and use the 360 side on PC.
    i r stewpid on such things.
    ·
    You should try the original game though, fun game, hard as hell.
    ·
    If I ever play Jojos I'll probably learn either Dio, Kakyoin, or Petshop.
    ·
    If I ever play Jojos I'll probably learn either Dio, Kakyoin, or Petshop.
    So the two hardest and the broken one?
    ·
  • FirebrandedFirebranded Aerial Ace Joined: Posts: 3,817
    Good to see this!
    Now I can finally get something off my chest!

"Filia is the hottest fighting game chick ever!"

Ok Bye!
    Firebrand/Wolverine/Sentinel P4A: Yosuke (236B = Bon Voyage), Teddy
    GT: WESKERRRRRR
    "I luv my anchor" by KassandraNova.
    SWAY: A Ten Minute Firebrand Tutorial
    ·
    Why not? I'll fall back on Petshop while learning the hard ones!
    ·
  • AndoTheCommandoAndoTheCommando Sorry I'm late! Joined: Posts: 2,581 ✭✭
    Skullgirls players on blast, good shit Peter.
    https://twitter.com/Skullgirls/status/221403861812903936
    "If I can't beat it, it's probably broken."- Ben Perkins
    ·
    Dio and Kakyoin are harder than Devo?
    ·
    I think Kakyoin is the hardest one in the game. Other than that, I don't know the exact lengths of character difficulty.
    ·
    Oh right, I forgot about Kakyoin's webs and the controllable super - not to mention he can control Hierophant Green separately.

But I don't see how Dio is that hard. Then again I was never good enough at that game to gauge most of the characters' strengths properly, sans exceptions like Kahn who's ass and PetShop who's basically a Marvel 3 character.
    ·

I'm thinking about playing that new Jojo's game, but I never played the original one(s?). I'm ALSO going to be getting that new GG
    GG is awesome. While you won't need to play the old Jojo's to play the new one, The old one is a incredible game and you should play it anyway.
    ·
  • AndoTheCommandoAndoTheCommando Sorry I'm late! Joined: Posts: 2,581 ✭✭
    Fanatiq picking up Skullgirls after EVO. My body is ready.
    "If I can't beat it, it's probably broken."- Ben Perkins
    ·
    Fanatiq picking up Skullgirls after EVO. My body is ready.
    Lucky for him is just in time for the patch.
    ·
    Lucky for him is just in time for the patch.
    You didn't have Painwheel so I thought you were someone else.
    You were a stranger for a second there.
    ·
  • UrichinanUrichinan Dismember Joined: Posts: 347
    Oh man, it's so nice to have this back.

EVO was amazing today, I had all 6 streams going as pop outs and placed them all across my desktop to fill up my monitor. (So I had 6 boxes that ttok up the whole screen) I watched EVO for 16 hours straight, stopping only to eat dinner and take out my dog. I can't wait to get started on it again tomorrow.

Also, I made a Twitter! @Urichinan

I just went 40-2 with a dude in player matches, it made me feel quite good about myself. But it was super late and he was mostly solo-Peacock, so my wins weren't earned.

I've taken a huge liking to Filia as of late, but I hate her normals A LOT.
    BB: Litchi/Valkenhayn/Relius - GG: I-No/Axl/Venom - P4U: Shadow Labrys/Mitsuru/Yukiko - SCV: Ivy/Tira/Viola - TTT2 - Anna/Michelle/Sebastian - MK9: Sindel/Sheeva/Cyrax - SFxT: Julia/Vega/Poison - UMvC3: Ghost Rider/Trish/Arthur - MvC2: Ruby Heart/Tron Bonne/Doctor Doom - DS3: Q-bee/Aulbath/Morrigan - SF4v.2012: Rose/C. Viper/Ibuki - KoF13: Mai/Elizabeth/Mature - SG: Painwheel/Cerebella/Parasoul - AH3: Nazuna/Dorothy/Konoha - MBAACC: H-Kohaku & Mech Hisui/F-Archetype: Earth/???
    ·
  • DiscoSharkDiscoShark Joined: Posts: 257

I just went 40-2 with a dude in player matches, it made me feel quite good about myself. But it was super late and he was mostly solo-Peacock, so my wins weren't earned.

I've taken a huge liking to Filia as of late, but I hate her normals A LOT.

Haha, that bolded made me chuckle. She really is by far the most limited solo character in the game and though I'll humor the majority of solo-peacock's I'll play by hitting up solo mirrors with them, the moment I stick an assist on the team the tides turn ridiculously quickly.

Echoing the Filia love as well. I've been trying to pick her up for post-patch shenanigans and she's an absolute blast to play.
    PSN : DiscoShark
    KOF : Kula-Mr.Karate-Andy
    Skullgirls : Filia-Peacock-Double
    ·
  • d3vd3v Slide Grab Gyakunitaku Kick Joined: Posts: 27,781 mod
    So a friend sent me a picture of him stealth trolling a Poison cosplayer at EVO. The first thing I noticed wasn't him, nor Poison... but Petey Fuckin' Bartholow, in the wild.
    How sure are you that Peter being in that pic wasn't according to keikaku.
    ·
  • PartialartistPartialartist Joined: Posts: 176
    ...he was mostly solo-Peacock, so my wins weren't earned.

Stop that. Your team is very anti-Peacock, so you probably have a bias, but don't go around thinking it's a free win.

I've been trying to keep track of my sets, from the past few days, ignoring stuff under 5:
    21-1, 10-0, 5-0, 2-3, 12-0, 8-6, 25-0, 19-25.
    My solo Peacock seems to be doing alright.
    Skullgirls: Peacock / PSN: TheIdiomatic
    ·
  • UrichinanUrichinan Dismember Joined: Posts: 347
    Stop that. Your team is very anti-Peacock, so you probably have a bias, but don't go around thinking it's a free win.

I've been trying to keep track of my sets, from the past few days, ignoring stuff under 5:
    21-1, 10-0, 5-0, 2-3, 12-0, 8-6, 25-0, 19-25.
    My solo Peacock seems to be doing alright.

But... It practically is a free win... Egret Charge and Hornet Bomber H kill her. And Painwheel's mixup and resets destroy her up close. Add that Painwheel's flight gets her close to Peacock very quickly behind Hornet Bomber and the fact that all three characters do huge damage together and Peacock is dead.

The only matches he won were when he used Hornet Bomber as an assist, and when I was playing Ms. Fortune/Filia/Cerebella. So yeah, that was free.

I'd love to fight you though (So long as you're on PSN and we connect well) because I've only ever encountered one good Peacock, so I don't have any match-up experience against someone who is truly good with the character.

Also, I'm not saying this guy was bad, I'm just saying Peacock isn't great alone.
    BB: Litchi/Valkenhayn/Relius - GG: I-No/Axl/Venom - P4U: Shadow Labrys/Mitsuru/Yukiko - SCV: Ivy/Tira/Viola - TTT2 - Anna/Michelle/Sebastian - MK9: Sindel/Sheeva/Cyrax - SFxT: Julia/Vega/Poison - UMvC3: Ghost Rider/Trish/Arthur - MvC2: Ruby Heart/Tron Bonne/Doctor Doom - DS3: Q-bee/Aulbath/Morrigan - SF4v.2012: Rose/C. Viper/Ibuki - KoF13: Mai/Elizabeth/Mature - SG: Painwheel/Cerebella/Parasoul - AH3: Nazuna/Dorothy/Konoha - MBAACC: H-Kohaku & Mech Hisui/F-Archetype: Earth/???
    ·
  • AsteriskBlueAsteriskBlue Joined: Posts: 731 ✭✭✭
    Playing Fillia is really a lot of fun but ....well I have to say I think the coming changes will help her a lot. But yeah bad ground normals definitely.
    It's nice to meet you, too.
    ·
  • OmniSScytheOmniSScythe Something else Joined: Posts: 689
    To anyone that actually plays this on 360.

FACE ME!!!!

Haven't really had a good match, let alone played this game in weeks.
    ·
  • VulpesVulpes No. Joined: Posts: 3,677 ✭✭✭
    I love you guys.
    Why.
    ·
    To anyone that actually plays this on 360.

FACE ME!!!!

Haven't really had a good match, let alone played this game in weeks.
    Kuja the best.
    ·
  • PartialartistPartialartist Joined: Posts: 176
    But... It practically is a free win... Egret Charge and Hornet Bomber H kill her. And Painwheel's mixup and resets destroy her up close. Add that Painwheel's flight gets her close to Peacock very quickly behind Hornet Bomber and the fact that all three characters do huge damage together and Peacock is dead.

This is generally true, with the exception of Egret Charge. Especially as an assist. That thing gets beat by a well-timed jab, among other things. Also Hornet Bomber can be dealt with, if you're prepared. That 19-25 set was with a SRKer who uses Painwheel/Double. He usually destroys me, but I was up 19-15, before he won a string of close matches(denied that 20th win...). This is a bit too on-topic, though. I just get a bit annoyed when folks go on about how "she's helpless by herself" or how "she does terrible damage", when I know it's not the case.

I'm on PSN, on the East coast(TheIdiomatic). If it's more than a yellow 2-3, it's a no-go.
    Skullgirls: Peacock / PSN: TheIdiomatic
    ·