(11/20 PSN!) SG: Slightly Different Edition patch notes...

Comments

• Mike_ZMike_Z Defender of the Night Joined: Posts: 2,161
    Yeah, but I'm not a mod so I can't threaten to do much else. :^P

In other news, SG is this THURSDAY at THURSDAY NIGHT RUNBACKS. Finally. So if you live in SoCal or know someone who does, SHOW THE FSCK UP.
    Skullgirls - $1000 pot bonus tournament at Evo!
    "Nawww the game is wayyyy too fair now." - pali/Heavyjugz
  • DaRabidDuckieDaRabidDuckie Happiest. Duck. Ever. Joined: Posts: 9,670 mod
    Sure you can! Just report them and let us blast them to hell. We'd do that for you, cause we like you. ^_^
    Only modding at tournaments now. I'm no longer taking mail order jobs. Please don't ask.
    "Being degrading or insulting is not the same as being hype. Huh, I think I just solved the problem with the entire community." -- Mike Z on the FGC

• LAMG_LAMG_ Joined: Posts: 50
    Not wall bouncing if you move the camera is a bug in general...but fixing these instances would mean changing how fast the moves knock you backward, which will change other combos...
    i think that's fine the way it is, i like being able to control however my cerebella/filia combos will wallbounce or not(for mixup)
  • Ian ConwayIan Conway Rocket to Rail Joined: Posts: 131

In other news, SG is this THURSDAY at THURSDAY NIGHT RUNBACKS. Finally. So if you live in SoCal or know someone who does, SHOW THE FSCK UP.

Hell yeah, can watch some of the marvel players jam on some skullgirls
  • DravidianDravidian He who is CAT Joined: Posts: 702
    Unmsfortunately I dont live in California. I'm literally on the other side of the US T_T
    PSN:NeoDeoN; CapcomUnity:Steelballed Dravidian; Tales forum: Dravidian
    Fighting Games I'm playing: UMVC3, SCV, SFIIIOE, and Skullgirls
  • Uncivilized ElkUncivilized Elk Joined: Posts: 713
    Why didn't Skullgirls get released 2 years earlier, so for the first year of it's life I could actually go to every event in SoCal and have people to play with IRL, and thus actually improve my abilities tremendously?

T_T
    PSN: Uncivilized_Elk
  • reacharooreacharoo Joined: Posts: 3
    Mike, are you guys worried about the future of the game considering how few active users there are?
  • j13901j13901 PSN: CrossRhythm Joined: Posts: 422
    I've worried about that myself and admittedly I haven't been playing skullgirls lately. However, I still get matches going at my local fight night. I usually start up skullgirls at the beginning of the night and nobody ever switches it to another game. The interest is there just gotta keep promoting it.
    Patron Saint of Skullgirls
  • XthAtGAm3RGuYXXthAtGAm3RGuYX No more jump back divekick. Joined: Posts: 4,797 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just havent been playing it because I get really tired of facing the same 4 people on ranked and having people rage quit on me in player matches because they lost two games.
    Unchallenged owner of worst user name on SRK

AE: Juri(Main), Ken(work in progress)::::UMvC3: Felicia/Dante/Doom::::SkullGirls: Squigly/Fortune
    Not enough Dragonballs between all three of the shows to keep you unbanned - Pertho
    Mike, are you guys worried about the future of the game considering how few active users there are?
    If I am worried about the future of the game, that's not why. (^.^)
  • PerthoPertho FutharSWAG Joined: Posts: 9,256 ✭✭✭✭✭

You've made a game where my wife can do pile drivers. Considering she can't do that in any other game, she would like to say thanks. After doing that super once, she <3 Cerebella.

This has nothing to do with the patch but I thought knowing something silly like this would make your day somewhat better.
  • MartholomuleMartholomule Joined: Posts: 20

That's an interesting response. Anyway, the game's got a lot of great qualities - as long as it keeps some momentum it's going to be OK, at least from my perspective. That is, the perspective of someone who has no idea what the numbers look like beyond "50k+ sold".

It would also be really great if a couple of gaming news outlets reported on the patch and changelist, not to mention the unprecedented community/developer relationship that went into developing, testing, patching, etc. I think there's a good story there waiting to be consumed by the masses.
  • QETZLQETZL Needs more Salt. Joined: Posts: 492
    That's an interesting response.
    Spoiler:

In all seriousness though, the PC release is going to go some excellent things for the community, especially if games between PC and PS3 play pretty smoothly. I will not even have to leave my room for SG, removing the last barrier between me and a slovenly existence of giving reverge money.
    "I have been experimenting with cock lately." - Girlystyle
    Canada represent! If that's not too much trouble.
    (QETZL : PSN/XBLA)
  • IbunskyIbunsky Joined: Posts: 3
    Spoiler:

In all seriousness though, the PC release is going to go some excellent things for the community, especially if games between PC and PS3 play pretty smoothly. I will not even have to leave my room for SG, removing the last barrier between me and a slovenly existence of giving reverge money.

Can´t wait for the pc release T_T

I love fighting games but I don´t like consoles, I was really exited the day that skullgirls was announced for the pc.

I also love to support indie games.

But I understand that they are working to give us a good product.

By the way I like the idea of giving support the game with patches, reverge labs is doing things right, and I hope they continue that way =)

I also like the cross plataform idea, pretty cool stuff, but specially no GFWL yeaiiiiiiiii!!!!!!!!!
  • guitalex2007guitalex2007 Joined: Posts: 3,022
    Unmsfortunately I dont live in California. I'm literally on the other side of the US T_T
    Am I the only one who caught that?
    Ms. Fortune is great. Everybody likes a little head action every now and then.
    Stream here! Follow @guitalex on Twitter for stream updates!
    Apparently so lol. Nice CATch!
  • ForsakenM~ForsakenM~ Joined: Posts: 111
    So, I think I missed the date of this patch.

Or, is that not clear yet?
    Current Goal: Straightening out my life.

PSN: ForsakenM

UMVC3: Hulk/G-Rida/Sentinel; MK9: Quan Chi; SG: Big Band; UNS3: Mifune, Asuma, Tenten; Injustice: Doomsday, Batgirl; MvC2: Ken/Juggernaut/Cpt. Commando;
    So, I think I missed the date of this patch.

Or, is that not clear yet?
    No one knows the date yet
  • VulpesVulpes No. Joined: Posts: 3,675 ✭✭✭
    Didn't really know where to pose random questions, as that other thread disappeared --

Is there a chance we'll ever get to make 'customized' palletes by purchasing "parts"?
    For example, I'd like a redhaired parasoul with glasses and the fingerless gloves,
    but there's no palette for that (only one with the gloves is blonde, and glasses only present at two which I don't like).
    So I'd buy the "glasses palette" and "red hair" and "fingerless gloves" and piece them together.
    Why.
  • AceZTellerAceZTeller 1:9? Bring it. Joined: Posts: 116
    Honestly, after playing Ms. Fortune for so long, and listening to so many cat puns, it would have been weird NOT to see it.

Anyway, love these patch notes! It's nice that they give you the entire list to freely look at instead of having other people sporadically figure them out.
    Made In Detroit
    UMVC3: V. Joe/RR/Arthur

If my match-up during a 3 win tournament is 1:9, I've just gotta think in terms of 3:27.
  • ZidianeZidiane HyperCharging YOLO STAR Joined: Posts: 1,220
    Is there a chance we'll ever get to make 'customized' palletes by purchasing "parts"?
    I thought about asking this before, but I figured it'd get no different answer. It would be cool, but someone would abuse some part of it for naked palettes. That's just the way gamers role.
    xbl/psn: Zidiane/zidiane5
    Skullgirls: Cerebella, SSB Melee: Kirby, Samus
    Ever wonder how to play Cerebella, of Skullgirls fame? Here's a guide I made!
  • XthAtGAm3RGuYXXthAtGAm3RGuYX No more jump back divekick. Joined: Posts: 4,797 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought about asking this before, but I figured it'd get no different answer. It would be cool, but someone would abuse some part of it for naked palettes. That's just the way gamers role.
    I thought that was the whole reason they didn't include that ability. I vaguely remember Mike covering this a a few pages back or in another thread.
    Unchallenged owner of worst user name on SRK

AE: Juri(Main), Ken(work in progress)::::UMvC3: Felicia/Dante/Doom::::SkullGirls: Squigly/Fortune
    Not enough Dragonballs between all three of the shows to keep you unbanned - Pertho
    How would you be able to abuse that for naked palettes? That would only work if RL were to include a naked palette part in the first place.

What I'm asking is: Buy things that already exist (eg the black fingerless gloves) and put them onto palettes that don't have them yet.
    What I'm not asking is: Buy a bodypart (eg chest) and be allowed to colorcode it oneself (making it skincolour for tits).
    Why.
    How would you be able to abuse that for naked palettes? That would only work if RL were to include a naked palette part in the first place.

What I'm asking is: Buy things that already exist (eg the black fingerless gloves) and put them onto palettes that don't have them yet.
    What I'm not asking is: Buy a bodypart (eg chest) and be allowed to colorcode it oneself (making it skincolour for tits).

So you only want to buy "accessories"? Anyway, that seems like a lot of work for only Parasoul. I don't think anyone else has things that are on only certain palettes.
    I want to buy "Piece X in Color Y that is already in the game". Whether that's Valentines blue hair, Filias lime green panties, peacocks black face or "Parasouls hands coloured in a way that they look like she is wearing black fingerless gloves" is w/e.
    I do not want to buy a Piece and colourcode it myself (which indeed could either spring forth nekkid mods or some colours which I just don't want to see (gaudypink Double.. then again..)).
    Why.
    That's what I thought you said at first.

There are going to be a lot of colors eventually. To me, the skin color is just as important as any other color, because it can either make it pop or clash. So, if you offer pieces that have already existed, eventually there will be a combination of palettes (this shirt color, this dress color, and this skin color) that will give the "Naked" palette. I'd much rather have 60+ unique palettes available eventually then fighting teams of naked characters online.
  • Jet Set DizzyJet Set Dizzy Night of the Defender Joined: Posts: 2,270
    GUYS YOU AREN'T IN GD, Mike is likely to become scarce again if you don't throw your garbage into the appropriate thread, so please don't continue.
    "No, that's the extent of my knowledge. I just smash the keyboard with my elbows for a few hours a day and somehow this game happened."- Mike Z
    Hey. Does anyone know what buttons the new colors are going to be mapped to?
  • DaRabidDuckieDaRabidDuckie Happiest. Duck. Ever. Joined: Posts: 9,670 mod
    Look guys, quit getting off-topic. You've been begging us for months to have an OTT back, and we finally get one again and you're not using it.

I deleted the posts that I noticed, but if it happens again I'm doling out infractions. Seriously, you really should know better than that.
    Only modding at tournaments now. I'm no longer taking mail order jobs. Please don't ask.
    "Being degrading or insulting is not the same as being hype. Huh, I think I just solved the problem with the entire community." -- Mike Z on the FGC

• MegamanDSMegamanDS MvC3 and Trading Outlet Moderator Joined: Posts: 4,410 mod
    Not sure if its too late to ask for stuff, but the one thing I forgot to mention is a longer window to DHC out of Valentines air/ground needles and her counter super. Such a small window, if not, I can live with it. No biggie
    Proven: Top MvC2 & XMvSF player | Proving now: Top Skull Girls player Watch and follow my journey
    www.eightysixed.com - PR manager
    www.facebook.com/eightysixedonline - please "like" us
    www.twitch.tv/eightysixed - Follow us for Skullgirls Salty Cupcakes & more!
  • not so saintnot so saint The reports of my death are GREATLY exaggerated. Joined: Posts: 1,948
    Not sure if its too late to ask for stuff, but the one thing I forgot to mention is a longer window to DHC out of Valentines air/ground needles and her counter super. Such a small window, if not, I can live with it. No biggie
    It's certainly to late to ask if you're talking about THIS patch.
    It will be done as it was foretold for we are servants of the Skully Ones and we will consume tuna with bacon and we will party for days and nights without rest and we no need other fate despite this one! For we are what we are and we will kneel before no one >=[
    "Russian science rise again!"
    Tyoo rate, but you can negative-edge DHCs now, which makes things lots easier to get on the first frame by doing them early.
  • worldjem7worldjem7 Seven World Jems Joined: Posts: 544
    - Bug-to-feature conversion: Bursts now scale damage to 50%, plus count as one hit. ...why might this be necessary? (^.^)

Why WOULD this be necessary? I don't think anyone has brought this up, but I find this very peculiar.
  • Age_of_FoolsAge_of_Fools Joined: Posts: 705
    Why WOULD this be necessary? I don't think anyone has brought this up, but I find this very peculiar.

please let it be a peacock + lenny+burst infinite.
    Beginner's Guide to Cerebella
    Cerebella mixup video
    XBL: Age of Fools [Cerebella/Double/Parasoul/Painwheel]
    "i mean look the length of your post…" -Dime X
  • Number 13Number 13 The Courage to Skullgirl Joined: Posts: 1,545
    Another day gone by and no update request when i boot up SG :(

Oh well, still one day closer to the Promise Land
    Currently Played Fighters [other alias: HooliganComboFTW]
    Persona 4 Arena: Yu Narukami Skullgirls: Solo Filia SSFIV AE: Cammy Dead or Alive 5: Hitomi/Rig
    KoF XIII : K'/Athena/Terry SoulCaliber V: Siegfried Tekken 6: Lili/Lars SF3OE: Alex SSF2HDRMX: Cammy
  • 0chocolachao00chocolachao0 Your Drunk Roomate Joined: Posts: 160
    Oh the patch still isn't here? Aww. EDIT: I just looked at Journey's (another game) approval process and it was about 5 weeks. I guess approximately two more weeks?
    Is that girl a boy too?
    I play Skullgirls! Have a match with me please!
    Team: Filiawheel
    PSN: ChocolaChao
  • GHNekoGHNeko SYMPTONS INCLUDE RESETS, TICK THROWS & INPUT LAG Joined: Posts: 622

Because you can now alpha counter off of a successful/blocked burst iirc.

meaning if your alpha counter hits and you can combo off it, then the scaling + counting as 1 hit would matter in the long run of the combo.
  • guitalex2007guitalex2007 Joined: Posts: 3,022

meaning if your alpha counter hits and you can combo off it, then the scaling + counting as 1 hit would matter in the long run of the combo.
    Actually you can alpha counter off of a burst you hit, so there's a possibility to get a full combo off of it.
    Ms. Fortune is great. Everybody likes a little head action every now and then.
    Stream here! Follow @guitalex on Twitter for stream updates!
  • QETZLQETZL Needs more Salt. Joined: Posts: 492
    Another day gone by and no update request when i boot up SG :(

They will should from the rooftops when the patch is coming. They have been nothing if not enthusiastic to let us know these things, the moment they know these things.
    "I have been experimenting with cock lately." - Girlystyle
    Canada represent! If that's not too much trouble.
    (QETZL : PSN/XBLA)
  • tilopud_ryetilopud_rye Joined: Posts: 147
    Oh the patch still isn't here? Aww. EDIT: I just looked at Journey's (another game) approval process and it was about 5 weeks. I guess approximately two more weeks?
    It's high hopes, but one games approval length has nothing to do with anothers- especially since Journey is PSN only and things like XBL Summer of Something can really muddle up release approvals. Then there's different approval tests for new games and dlc. Another game just got XBL approval for its DLC, but not a release date. The DLC update of Pinball Arcade for Xbox is what I'm talking about. I think it's been close to 2 months since they submitted for approval, just got approval, but still don't have release date.
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Quantum Theorist. Liquid Dubstep Energy Joined: Posts: 33,080 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just got back from Otakon and I'm not worried about the future of this game. So many people that showed interest in the game or generally thought it was the best looking 2d fighter they ever saw. There's a lot of people who still just barely heard of the game where seeing it at something like a con or a tournament can be that quick sway especially with how cheap it is. They really liked my Valentine custom tshirt also. I woke up too late to enter the tournament but I got to meet up with MylifeisanRPG and such.
    Ready for first KI at Evo 2k14 SRK'S DAY ONE XBOX ONE/KILLER INSTINCT OWNERS: DevilJin01(GLACIUS, FULGORE, SADIRA maybe Orchid), Purbeast, Koop, Rcaido, FlyingVe, Eiroheart, Onyx, Mayonaka, Lulipe, iluspook, Ultimaotaku, Rekano, Churrasco, DIEK STIEKEM ------- XBL: TheoryJin PSN: PervyJin01
  • JakeWasHereJakeWasHere FGC N3wb Joined: Posts: 296
    I just got back from Otakon and I'm not worried about the future of this game. So many people that showed interest in the game or generally thought it was the best looking 2d fighter they ever saw. There's a lot of people who still just barely heard of the game where seeing it at something like a con or a tournament can be that quick sway especially with how cheap it is. They really liked my Valentine custom tshirt also. I woke up too late to enter the tournament but I got to meet up with MylifeisanRPG and such.

I'm pretty sure that a lot of people's attention to this game came from all the conventions Reverge took the game to over the last year. I can only advise them not to stop doing that. Tournament appearances can hook in a few seasoned pros, but they are not the best place for nabbing new players -- newbies don't usually show up in great numbers at tournaments... but a booth at a con is sure to draw some curiosity.

I know this game isn't dying, in fact is nowhere near dying -- just look at all the cosplayers. If anything's keeping the game from growing, it's only that the patch isn't out yet; I think we will see a resurgence of interest when the patch is released, as people will stop waiting to get the game.
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Quantum Theorist. Liquid Dubstep Energy Joined: Posts: 33,080 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah there were multiple Valentine cosplayers at the tourney. People just like that character design in general. Plus the voice actors for Filia and another character were there.
    Ready for first KI at Evo 2k14 SRK'S DAY ONE XBOX ONE/KILLER INSTINCT OWNERS: DevilJin01(GLACIUS, FULGORE, SADIRA maybe Orchid), Purbeast, Koop, Rcaido, FlyingVe, Eiroheart, Onyx, Mayonaka, Lulipe, iluspook, Ultimaotaku, Rekano, Churrasco, DIEK STIEKEM ------- XBL: TheoryJin PSN: PervyJin01
  • Raging GhostRaging Ghost Anarchic Witchkiller Joined: Posts: 165
    Yeah there were multiple Valentine cosplayers at the tourney. People just like that character design in general. Plus the voice actors for Filia and another character were there.

So Valentine is that popular. Meh, although I like the character gameplay and storyline-wise, I mostly draw the line at her breast size (which is enormous, although I know someone who got nearly the same size) when it comes to her design. Honestly, I like those with smaller boobs better because, sure you attract less men with smaller cup sizes, but in the end, it's more pratical, as small breasts mean less to no back pains, thus allowing you to normally fight without worrying about getting pain from an inside source.
  • 0chocolachao00chocolachao0 Your Drunk Roomate Joined: Posts: 160
    Oh okay then. That means we may wait even longer for it to actually get approved.
    Is that girl a boy too?
    I play Skullgirls! Have a match with me please!
    Team: Filiawheel
    PSN: ChocolaChao
    Correction - in the patch, it's turned into a feature so it can always be done, as long as you input the counter before the burst reaches the active frames. In the shipped game you can still do it, with varying timing even well after the burst has hit, but only at certain times.
  • Mr. XMr. X Non Stop ∞ Climax Joined: Posts: 20,004 ✭✭✭
    Correction - in the patch, it's turned into a feature so it can always be done, as long as you input the counter before the burst reaches the active frames. In the shipped game you can still do it, with varying timing even well after the burst has hit, but only at certain times.
    What would the input look like?

Any button then 6+tag or will 6+tag get the burst and stunt double?
    "You are all just as bad as the people you hate. You're only interested in characters based on tears." - Since1717
    NO STREAM = DEAD GAME
    PSN: X_the_Genius | GGPO: Mr X | Skype: MisterEcks
    Either one, depending on whether you do it during hitstop or after.
  • MyLifeIsAnRPGMyLifeIsAnRPG The Cerebella Ninja Joined: Posts: 1,073

The only thing that surprised me more than the amount of people who knew about Skullgirls, was the amount of people who didn't know. I can't count the number of people who walked up to me and asked "what is this game?" So I told them, flipping on the unofficial Reverge Labs PR mode that I apparently put points into last NYCC. I have to say that everyone who actually got a chance to play the game was really impressed. The pad station had way more hype than the stick station though, but I think that's just because there were players of higher skill at the stick station so a lot of the casuals shyed away.

The tournament had over sixty entrants, and it was epic as shit. It came down to the last match of the last set and I ended up losing and taking second :(. Peacock keepaway is rough man. It was a bit tough to get people hype, but there were a few epic moments for sure. Also I beat up on a couple homestuck cosplayers and that just made me feel good ^_^. At the beginning of the tournament they were gonna make it 1v1 only... but I complained enough like the asshole I am and they let us play whatever teams we wanted. Unfortunately it was only signle-elim though.. which made me a bit salty because marvel and ae and stuff got double elim tournaments.

Oh, and when I did my "how to build an arcade stick panel" the audience had a TON of questions about SG. In fact, eventually people started asking more questions about SG and SG strategy than they did about building a damn arcade stick. The FGC is weird that way but its fun. My favorite line from that panel is someone tried to troll me by asking "What makes Skullgirls worth the money?" to which I responded "Did you get SFXT?" he responded "yes" I responded "you could have gotten four copies of Skullgirls for that price" and the room erupted into laughter.

It's hard to deny that Persona 4 had more hype than SG did at OTA though, but that's probably just due to the new shiney factor. Maybe if Chibi came with the new build and accepted the FREE HOTEL ROOM I GOT FOR HIM *shakes fist* then SG would have had the "new game hype" too. Either way, it was pretty clear that the SG community is still growing and that most people actually still don't even know that SG exists. If we continue to bring this game to locations outside of the accepted scene, like anime, gaming, comic, or sci-fi cons, the scene will explode pretty quickly.

One more thing. Once I flipped on unofficial PR mode and started pimping the game to everyone, outlining the features and the stuff that is coming in the new patch and junk, I noticed a pattern. The most common questions I got were "when is the patch coming out" "when is the pc version coming out" and "when are DLC characters coming out?" Mike Z, I feel your pain.
  • RussaiRussai A Debby Downer Joined: Posts: 342
    One more thing. Once I flipped on unofficial PR mode and started pimping the game to everyone, outlining the features and the stuff that is coming in the new patch and junk, I noticed a pattern. The most common questions I got were "when is the patch coming out" "when is the pc version coming out" and "when are DLC characters coming out?" Mike Z, I feel your pain.

Haha~ I do the Unofficial PR thing at cons all the time too and I totally understand!

Also, ggs on the SFxT rip - that was a quality line.
    Launch party erry day
    Russai.deviantART.com