(11/20 PSN!) SG: Slightly Different Edition patch notes...

Comments

• Raging GhostRaging Ghost Anarchic Witchkiller Joined: Posts: 165
    Any plans on the post-Slightly Different edition era?
  • Mr. XMr. X Non Stop ∞ Climax Joined: Posts: 20,004 ✭✭✭
    These patch notes are so thorough.

THE COMMUNITY LIKES THESE! YOU HEAR ME DEVELOPERS WHO HIDE THE CHANGES!
    "You are all just as bad as the people you hate. You're only interested in characters based on tears." - Since1717
    NO STREAM = DEAD GAME
    PSN: X_the_Genius | GGPO: Mr X | Skype: MisterEcks
  • UaktiUakti Joined: Posts: 6

Some guy here noted multiple times that this could possibly screw up poison damage (opponent is poisoned and at 15%, Val hits her lvl3, if she skips = Opponent is at 5% and poison doesn't damage since he is below 10%; if she doesn't skip = Opponent gets wittled down to 10% from the poison during the cinematic and then dies) -- is this (only Valentine can skip, not the opponent which was afaik different before) an attempt to fix it, or is there some added option which you just didn't note (eg "Poison damage will be accumulated and damage before the final hit, even when the cinematic is skipped")?

The same guy mentioned:
    A bit late on this since it's been a week since ECT but I've been busy like hell. I managed to test this in the new version to see if skipping the cutscene would make valentine's level 3 end before her lp poison(purple). The poison will run it's full course(and then some) even if you skip the cutscene.
  • Sensei RouzuSensei Rouzu Lion's Roar Joined: Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭
    These notes were very thorough. I like that Peacock is getting more chip damage and her lvl1 items otging properly, but her recovery on her teleport has increased and it already seemed punishable enough to me.
    Everything else is cool.
    They call me Crimson Red. The blood of a million slaves in every verse that I pen.

Listening to : Sa-Roc / Zap Mama / Souls of Mischief / ChocQuibTown / Nas / Pete Rock & CL Smooth / Salsa Son Tiba
  • MartholomuleMartholomule Joined: Posts: 20
    These notes were very thorough. I like that Peacock is getting more chip damage and her lvl1 items otging properly, but her recovery on her teleport has increased and it already seemed punishable enough to me.
    Everything else is cool.

I wonder, what is the thought behind the teleport change? If you start up faster, that should allow you to cut it closer and get your opponent to whiff easier - but if you add frames to the recovery, that kind of cancels it out, doesn't it?
  • traxustraxus Joined: Posts: 232 ✭✭
    Add right-stick assist calls: move the right-stick up for Assist 1, move down for Assist 2. More pad-player help. Can be disabled from Button Config screen.

Thanks for actually putting that in, solves all the issues I had playing on pad. <3 you guys

I'm not going to pretend I know what's what with the balance changes, I don't play this game at a competitive level, but all of the system/online/training mode changes sound great. It's nice having a fighting game developer that really cares about it's players for once. I hope this project is/was successful enough for you guys to keep adding content and keep taking my $.
  • MatriarchMatriarch Lilim Joined: Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Is part of this complete breakfast.

I've always wanted to eat SGs for breakfast.
  • RussaiRussai A Debby Downer Joined: Posts: 342
    I've always wanted to eat SGs for breakfast.
    Just grab some tuna with bacon.
    Launch party erry day
    Russai.deviantART.com
  • girlystylegirlystyle Only plays Fugazi Joined: Posts: 1,804
    Was really hoping for these changes:

- all attacks are now fugazi
    - fugazi has been buffed.
    people only pay attention to me because of my vagina awesome penis
  • Number 13Number 13 The Courage to Skullgirl Joined: Posts: 1,545
    Wow, the amount of content on this patch list is stellar. I would not mind buying any SG related dlc whether they are cosmetics or not :D
    Currently Played Fighters [other alias: HooliganComboFTW]
    Persona 4 Arena: Yu Narukami Skullgirls: Solo Filia SSFIV AE: Cammy Dead or Alive 5: Hitomi/Rig
    KoF XIII : K'/Athena/Terry SoulCaliber V: Siegfried Tekken 6: Lili/Lars SF3OE: Alex SSF2HDRMX: Cammy
  • KorbidonKorbidon For justice. Joined: Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The amazing thing about this patch is that the team really took the common complaints, thought about them, and gave us solutions. Good shit to the SG's team.
  • RabidSkatBadgerRabidSkatBadger Joined: Posts: 1
    so I assume it goes without saying that the US version, playing against the EU version, no longer crashes the game. As I did not see a mention of this bug.
  • RavidrathRavidrath Joined: Posts: 761
    so I assume it goes without saying that the US version, playing against the EU version, no longer crashes the game. As I did not see a mention of this bug.

Yeah, that will be fixed, and I'll get it added to the list.
  • XthAtGAm3RGuYXXthAtGAm3RGuYX Never did no harm Joined: Posts: 6,604 ✭✭✭✭✭
    DLC CHARACTERS....... NOW!!!!!
    Sit the fuck down and be happy you don't have to pay for this.
    Unchallenged owner of worst user name on SRK

AE: Juri(Main), Ken(work in progress)::::UMvC3: Felicia/Dante/Doom::::SkullGirls: Squigly/Fortune
    Not enough Dragonballs between all three of the shows to keep you unbanned - Pertho
  • evilweevleevilweevle Xbox GT : MrFossy Joined: Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭
    slightly different edition should be the official tagline for this patch.
    3DS friend code : 0232 8273 2994
    Here's the new list of regional MP filters:
    [SIZE=13px]North America (West Coast)[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=13px]North America (East Coast)[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=13px]North America (Midwest)[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=13px]North America (Gulf Coast)[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=13px]North America (Canada)[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=13px]Central America[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=13px]South America (North)[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=13px]South America (Brazil)[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=13px]South America (South)[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=13px]Europe (UK)[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=13px]Europe (Continental)[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=13px]Middle East[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=13px]Asia (Continental)[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=13px]Asia (Southeast)[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=13px]Asia (Japan)[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=13px]Australia[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=13px]Africa[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=13px]Pacific[/SIZE]
  • girlystylegirlystyle Only plays Fugazi Joined: Posts: 1,804
    Canada is a pretty big place
    people only pay attention to me because of my vagina awesome penis
  • NerfherderNerfherder Joined: Posts: 341
    ---- Character specific changes ----
    ...snip....

Awesome list Mike. Good to see a game like SG getting much love. As soon as the PSN matchmaking is fixed I'm back in the fray!
  • VulpesVulpes No. Joined: Posts: 3,677 ✭✭✭
    Sit the fuck down and be happy you don't have to pay for this.
    Actually I just want something like that so I can throw money at RL. Feels like thievery. I guess buying the game a 2nd time once its out on PC is a start.
    Why.
  • mystady.commystady.com Remember Nesticle? Joined: Posts: 40
    - Add In-Game Move Lists, now you can ignore them instead of just wishing they were there to be ignored.
    I don't understand. Can you please clarify this?
    - Hitboxes displaying when switching characters is replaced by temporarily displaying 8-bit versions of the art, which is much less disruptive to gameplay.
    Is this literally 8-bit (1 octet's worth) art or did you mean to say pixelated?

All things considered, great job. Nothing like a nice changelog to brighten one's day. The changelog alone is amazing fanservice. Thank you everyone who worked on this. I don't know how to show my gratitude other than posting about it on the Internet. :/
  • Mike_ZMike_Z Defender of the Night Joined: Posts: 2,165
    Added EU/US crash to list of 'online improvements'. WTF, how did that get left out, it was the REASON for the patch... (o_O)
    Is it weird that I want the name "Skullgirls: Slightly Different Edition" to be official?
    As far as I'm concerned, since there's no real name for the patch, it is. :^)
    With these character changes, I was really crossing my fingers to see cereballa's ultimate showstopper get nerfed. [snip] Just think for a Level 1 blockbuster its does too much damage but guess that's the baby in me when i face grappling characters lol.
    All throws only do red-life damage, so the entirety of that damage is able to be healed by tagging out if you're on a team. If you're not on a team, jump. :^P

@Vulpes, uh, lemme see. Might be too late to do anything, otherwise I probably can.
    (movelists) I don't understand. Can you please clarify this?
    Pause the game and you can look at everyone's command normal/special/super motions. Also available from main menu options. I sincerely hope you were kidding, though.
    Is this literally 8-bit (1 octet's worth) art or did you mean to say pixelated?
    I meant to say 8-bit, because that's become synonymous with "retro" whereas "pixelated" has become synonymous with "crappy looking". And if you want to get super nerdy, all of the palettized art in the entire game is stored as octets, with 3 completely separate images per frame. So it's all technically 8-bit. (^.^)
    I had the world's oldest signature so I replaced it with this.
    Actually I just want something like that so I can throw money at RL. Feels like thievery. I guess buying the game a 2nd time once its out on PC is a start.

Well, you can buy DLC colors? Those should be released the week after the patch hits!
  • swagnominalswagnominal Solobella. Joined: Posts: 11
    I agree with Vulpes, I want them to release something I can spend some money on. Lol.

I don't want to rush RL with the DLC characters but I can't wait for them to drop.
    If they do release some paid DLC colors, I shall buy them ALL for Cerebella. :D
  • Sanger ZonvoltSanger Zonvolt Future Cyberbots Pro Joined: Posts: 1,528
    Well, you can buy DLC colors? Those should be released the week after the patch hits!
    Are you guys going to give us a preview of them to show each one? :)
    Sword of Sophia and fightan games
    Cyberbots: Super-8 & Helion
    Vampire Savior: Lilith, Jedah, and Demitri
    Skullgirls: Painwheel/Filia/Squigly
  • mystady.commystady.com Remember Nesticle? Joined: Posts: 40
    I sincerely hope you were kidding, though.
    I wasn't. I re-read it and I think I got tripped up because it says "add" instead of "added" which reads more like a to-do list than a changlog. Also, I dudn't notice the bolding.
    I meant to say 8-bit, because that's become synonymous with "retro"...
    That's epic unfortunate. *sigh*
    ..."Pixelated" has become synonymous with "crappy looking".
    News to me.
    And if you want to get super nerdy, all of the palettized art in the entire game is stored as octets, with 3 completely separate images per frame. So it's all technically 8-bit. (^.^)
    Hurr.
    Jawsome. The fanservice continues! I'll be sure to support this.
    Are you guys going to give us a preview of them to show each one? :)

Yup, I'll post them all when the patch is out and we actually have a confirmed release date for them.

I think the colors are pretty reasonably priced, too? There will be 4 colors for each character, bundled together for $1.
  • KidPandaKidPanda PandaParade Joined: Posts: 305
    We gladly accept your money.

No problem boss. I'll buy them on both PS3 and Xbox.
    PSN & XBL: KidPanda14 - SkullGirls (Fortune/ Valentine)
  • YotsuYotsu Here on Official Cat Business Joined: Posts: 4
    I think the colors are pretty reasonably priced, too? There will be 4 colors for each character, bundled together for $1.
    Vote 5 for Magikarp Cerabella.
  • Jet Set DizzyJet Set Dizzy Night of the Defender Joined: Posts: 2,270

As far as I'm concerned, since there's no real name for the patch, it is. :^)
    No way, Patch Adams!
    I wonder, what is the thought behind the teleport change? If you start up faster, that should allow you to cut it closer and get your opponent to whiff easier - but if you add frames to the recovery, that kind of cancels it out, doesn't it?
    Makes it easier to punish when predicted.
    "No, that's the extent of my knowledge. I just smash the keyboard with my elbows for a few hours a day and somehow this game happened."- Mike Z
  • Mr. XMr. X Non Stop ∞ Climax Joined: Posts: 20,004 ✭✭✭
    4 colors for a $1?

Sweet.
    "You are all just as bad as the people you hate. You're only interested in characters based on tears." - Since1717
    NO STREAM = DEAD GAME
    PSN: X_the_Genius | GGPO: Mr X | Skype: MisterEcks
    Yup, I'll post them all when the patch is out and we actually have a confirmed release date for them.

Can you please clarify on this? Does the $1 cover 4 new colors(32 total) for the whole cast? or does the $1 give 4 colors to each specific character? like you would pay $8($1 per character) total for all 32 colors? Im guessing you meaning the latter realistically? Regardless I'll buy all the dlc colors :D I just want to be clear on how its gonna happen
    Persona 4 Arena: Yu Narukami Skullgirls: Solo Filia SSFIV AE: Cammy Dead or Alive 5: Hitomi/Rig
    KoF XIII : K'/Athena/Terry SoulCaliber V: Siegfried Tekken 6: Lili/Lars SF3OE: Alex SSF2HDRMX: Cammy
    Can you please clarify on this? Does the $1 cover 4 new colors(32 total) for the whole cast? or does the $1 give 4 colors to each specific character? like you would pay $8($1 per character) total for all 32 colors? Im guessing you meaning the latter realistically? Regardless I'll buy all the dlc colors :D I just want to be clear on how its gonna happen

Yeah, sorry.

Each character will have a pack, containing four colors. And that pack will cost $1.
    Yeah, sorry.

Each character will have a pack, containing four colors. And that pack will cost $1.
    Ok, I'm fine with that. Each person can get more colors for their main for a dollar or be like me and buy them all for $8 ;D
  • swagnominalswagnominal Solobella. Joined: Posts: 11
    4 DLC colors for Cerebella for $1!?

Game over. My Belle gonna be rockin' dem colors like WHOA!
  • RoGE9RoGE9 Joined: Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭
    Yeah, sorry.

That is a steal.
    Question: is their a form of discount(or a choice to download everything at once so its not 1 at a time) of buying them all at once in a bundle (something similar on what AE and Marvel 3 did) or is the price set and it just all adds up and you buy 1 at a time? I'm fine with the price, but this question is not really aimed at the colors completely, but how dlc procedures will take place
  • XthAtGAm3RGuYXXthAtGAm3RGuYX Never did no harm Joined: Posts: 6,604 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait a minute here. You mean to tell me I get 3 colors from the update for free, then four more at a price that won't make me second guess my decision? You guys should write a book about keeping your fan base happy then send a few copies to capcom.
    Unchallenged owner of worst user name on SRK

AE: Juri(Main), Ken(work in progress)::::UMvC3: Felicia/Dante/Doom::::SkullGirls: Squigly/Fortune
    Not enough Dragonballs between all three of the shows to keep you unbanned - Pertho
  • not so saintnot so saint The reports of my death are GREATLY exaggerated. Joined: Posts: 1,948
    Here's the new list of regional MP filters:
    [SIZE=13px]Asia (Continental)[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=13px]Asia (Southeast)[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=13px]Asia (Japan)[/SIZE]
    I guess Vladivostok counts as Continental Asia? o_O
    Can anybody help me on that?
    It will be done as it was foretold for we are servants of the Skully Ones and we will consume tuna with bacon and we will party for days and nights without rest and we no need other fate despite this one! For we are what we are and we will kneel before no one >=[
    "Russian science rise again!"
  • FruitsationsFruitsations Joined: Posts: 81
    - IPS now counts stand and crouch moves as the “same thing”. Command normals count as the same also, so s.F+HK = cr.HK = s.HK and j.B+LK = j.LK.
    - IPS now counts all strengths of a given special move as the “same thing”, meaning anything with the same motion but a different strength P or K. This was already true for most characters, so now it is true for everyone. Considering how rare un-chained special moves are, this should not affect very much except specific known instances.

No! the barrel loop will be gone if im thinking correctly. Poor double :(

On another note: Im so excited for these!

EDIT: Maybe not maybe just slightly harder to do :D
  • Mike_ZMike_Z Defender of the Night Joined: Posts: 2,165
    Yeah, I think Russia is Continental Asia. :^P

And yes, the basic barrel loop is going to be limited to one LP rep, one LK rep, and one OTG MK rep...but remember that the same thing is true of EVERY character. :^)
    I had the world's oldest signature so I replaced it with this.
  • KunakiKunaki Joined: Posts: 5
    Seeing how there's no mention of adding online lobbies, will that be something for later? Just checking.
  • FruitsationsFruitsations Joined: Posts: 81
    Yeah, I think Russia is Continental Asia. :^P

And yes, the basic barrel loop is going to be limited to one LP rep, one LK rep, and one OTG MK rep...but remember that the same thing is true of EVERY character. :^)

Ah well... TO THE LAB! And thanks for the quick reply mike!
    I think it was mentioned on streams that replays and lobbies was an undertaking that would take too much time for this patch unfortunately
  • view619view619 ざわ ざわ ざわ Joined: Posts: 1,686
    Any possibility on Peacock's teleport setting her closer to the opponent on recovery? Right now, if you left/right teleport off of cannon ball or throw -> L George and don't cross-up, she appears further away from the opponent then if you did the cross-up, changing what you can follow up with (you lose double poke in some cases, iirc).
    "You can lead a scrub to techniques, but you can't make him think."
    Any possibility on Peacock's teleport setting her closer to the opponent on recovery? Right now, if you left/right teleport off of cannon ball or throw -> L George and don't cross-up, she appears further away from the opponent then if you did the cross-up, changing what you can follow up with (you lose double poke in some cases, iirc).
    I think it was mentioned before that Post-patch peacock has her teleports end closer to the opponent
    Question: is their a form of discount(or a choice to download everything at once so its not 1 at a time) of buying them all at once in a bundle (something similar on what AE and Marvel 3 did) or is the price set and it just all adds up and you buy 1 at a time? I'm fine with the price, but this question is not really aimed at the colors completely, but how dlc procedures will take place

Oh, yeah - we're doing a bundle of all 8 character packs for $5.
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Quantum Theorist. Liquid Dubstep Energy Joined: Posts: 33,342 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, the amount of content on this patch list is stellar. I would not mind buying any SG related dlc whether they are cosmetics or not :D

It is pretty amazing that we're getting all of this just in a patch. It just shows that the game is really more still being developed and we just happen to get to play it.

Will be interesting once the new characters start rolling in.
    Ready for first KI at Evo 2k14 SRK'S DAY ONE XBOX ONE/KILLER INSTINCT OWNERS: DevilJin01(GLACIUS, FULGORE, SADIRA maybe Orchid), Purbeast, Koop, Rcaido, FlyingVe, Eiroheart, Onyx, Mayonaka, Lulipe, iluspook, Ultimaotaku, Rekano, Churrasco, DIEK STIEKEM ------- XBL: TheoryJin PSN: PervyJin01
  • The DukeThe Duke Joined: Posts: 14,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Must be that time of the month, me asking useful question XD (sold on that incentive 8 character color bundle)

Thanks Ravi

btw will the cpu (arcade mode) immediately have the chance to wear the dlc costumes you get?
  • not so saintnot so saint The reports of my death are GREATLY exaggerated. Joined: Posts: 1,948
    Thanks Mike =]
    I hope I'll actually find somebody online.
    Oh, yeah - we're doing a bundle of all 8 character packs for $5.
    Hey, do you mean those $5 that left from $20 US PSN card after purcasing SG? It feels like there was a certain keikaku about all that...
    It will be done as it was foretold for we are servants of the Skully Ones and we will consume tuna with bacon and we will party for days and nights without rest and we no need other fate despite this one! For we are what we are and we will kneel before no one >=[
    "Russian science rise again!"