(11/20 PSN!) SG: Slightly Different Edition patch notes...

Comments

• mystady.commystady.com Remember Nesticle? Joined: Posts: 40
    Only five dollars? That's a pittance!

All this fanservice got my nose bleeding..
  • Raging GhostRaging Ghost Anarchic Witchkiller Joined: Posts: 165
    Guess we will finally get that Scanty Filia and that Tira Ms.Fortune, after all.
  • BlakenBlaken Joined: Posts: 486
    Awesome about the DLC colors...
    About the region I guess that Mexico is Central america now right?
    I know that the character question has been asked but... Can we expect a new character by december(?)

Thanks!
  • The Last MilletianThe Last Milletian Rank 1 Windmill: Spin to Win Joined: Posts: 57
    Here's the new list of regional MP filters:
    [SIZE=13px]North America (West Coast)[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=13px]North America (East Coast)[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=13px]North America (Midwest)[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=13px]North America (Gulf Coast)[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=13px]North America (Canada)[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=13px]Central America[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=13px]South America (North)[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=13px]South America (Brazil)[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=13px]South America (South)[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=13px]Europe (UK)[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=13px]Europe (Continental)[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=13px]Middle East[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=13px]Asia (Continental)[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=13px]Asia (Southeast)[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=13px]Asia (Japan)[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=13px]Australia[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=13px]Africa[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=13px]Pacific[/SIZE]

I know this is gonna come off as terribly nitpicky, but I think people can confuse NA West Coast and Pacific.

also re: dlc colors
    Shut up and take my money
  • Mike_ZMike_Z Defender of the Night Joined: Posts: 2,165
    btw will the cpu (arcade mode) immediately have the chance to wear the dlc costumes you get?
    Yes.

[edit] @Vulpes, added LP+HK+Select = reset savestate/dummy recording. Last possible change, highly risky, no more errbody.
    I had the world's oldest signature so I replaced it with this.
  • severinseverin customest user title Joined: Posts: 419
    huh, what happened to the increased recovery on gregor samson?
    words
    I forgot to list it. :^P This was me compiling two huge docs into one, sorry...
  • DeepEndDeepEnd Joined: Posts: 121
    I have a friend living on the southpole, any chance of that region being added?
  • GHNekoGHNeko SYMPTONS INCLUDE RESETS, TICK THROWS & INPUT LAG Joined: Posts: 622
    oh man @ dlc colors news.

...WELL YOU KNOW WHAT.

BECAUSE I LOVE SKULLGIRLS AND REVERGE LABS. I'M NOT GOING TO BUY THE DLC COLOR BUNDLE. THAT'S RIGHT. YOU HEARD ME.

YOU WANNA KNOW WHY?

Because I'm going to buy each pack individually. I'll happily spend $8 bucks for all the colors, as opposed to $5. These guys are too nice. I already feel like I'm stealing from them lol.

So unless the bundle helps out more than buying each pack individually, I'll just throw 16 bucks your way since I'll be getting the packs for both consoles, and another 8 bucks when SG drops on PC.
    Since they recently brought Fios to the scientific research station, I believe Antarctica's best chance of matchmaking would be Gulf Coast.
  • RussaiRussai A Debby Downer Joined: Posts: 342
    So unless the bundle helps out more than buying each pack individually, I'll just throw 16 bucks your way since I'll be getting the packs for both consoles, and another 8 bucks when SG drops on PC.

I was actually going to ask this. Which is more financially beneficial to you people at Reverge? Getting all 8 singly or the $5 batch?
    Launch party erry day
    Russai.deviantART.com
  • PfhorPfhor I play anime Joined: Posts: 81
    I skimmed through the thread and didn't see this question, but make fun of me if its already been asked:

Does "on reversal" mean purely "on wakeup" or does it mean after blockstun ends/ hitstun ends too. I tried to get this to work at evo by making the dummy mash LP after blocking but I couldn't do it, did I have some option wrong? I probably messed something up because I didn't have a lot of time before somebody wanted to play but I just wanted to make sure.
  • GhostfreakGhostfreak Mastering the way of the ninja nurse. Joined: Posts: 152

...WELL YOU KNOW WHAT.

BECAUSE I LOVE SKULLGIRLS AND REVERGE LABS. I'M NOT GOING TO BUY THE DLC COLOR BUNDLE. THAT'S RIGHT. YOU HEARD ME.

YOU WANNA KNOW WHY?

Because I'm going to buy each pack individually. I'll happily spend $8 bucks for all the colors, as opposed to $5. These guys are too nice. I already feel like I'm stealing from them lol.

I approve this message right here. Hell I was thinking about doing the exact same thing simply because thanks to Reverge Lab my locals, the ONLY one in Nassau Bahamas simply loves the game. When I say love I mean LOVE it, despite the small roster. I get people running up to me asking if there will be new additions, costumes, characters and the like and its pretty funny to be honest. Though I only posses a PS3 it will be good to have more people to play against in ranked and unranked with addition to PC owners joining in, in the near future and the changes themselves are lovely.

Though one question if I may ask. Will Peacock still be as annoying to deal with as she was post patch, by that I mean will her running away, spamming assist followed by dumb teleports still be abusable? Or is it more controlled in the sense that the opposing person actually has a fighting chance? Thank you Mike Z and company for introducing this game to my country as it has become a vehicle to be able to draw in people and actually have fun and want to learn more about the game. I can't tell you how many people who I either know or do not know (girls especially) come to me and ask me little things about it or where can they go to find more information about it. Sure my locals is not big as others in the United States or in other places, but I love it nonetheless I enjoy it all and am very thankful for everyone I play. Whether it be beginner or veteran because at the end of the day we are all still learning, and creates something meaningful for us all.

Just my two cents is all.
    Does "on reversal" mean purely "on wakeup" or does it mean after blockstun ends/ hitstun ends too. I tried to get this to work at evo by making the dummy mash LP after blocking but I couldn't do it, did I have some option wrong.
    On reversal means after blockstun/hitstun as well as wakeup. The tournament version used the old characters which didn't have the reversal states after blockstun properly marked, so it wouldn't have worked in that version. Heck, I'm surprised any of the training options worked in the tournament version. (^.^) Just tested in patch here, you can record mash LP and it comes out properly as a reversal.
    Will Peacock still be as annoying to deal with as she was post patch, by that I mean will her running away, spamming assist followed by dumb teleports still be abusable?
    Teleport is slightly easier to catch, and aside from the Hornet Bomber change, the green bounce on assists makes her easier to deal with unless the Peacock player has a plan. But Peacock is designed to be annoying. :^)
  • ukyo_rulzukyo_rulz Joined: Posts: 2,771 ✭✭✭
    I'm totally stoked about this upcoming patch. With Hornet Bomber toned down directly and Updo/Pillar not as strong because of green bounce, we may be in for a new age of variety in team composition (as much team variety as we can squeeze out of 8 chars, anyway).

Question Time:
    When DLC characters come out, will there be separate DLC color packs for them or will they have all colors unlocked?
    "Being degrading or insulting is not the same as being hype." - Mike Z
  • guitalex2007guitalex2007 Joined: Posts: 3,023
    ---- Character specific changes ----

Peacock:
    - Airthrow recovery on hit shortened to prevent low airthrows being punishable by Double.
    Just hoping for one of those "Filia can now dash cancel from air hairball as a happy accident" moment here...

Can Peacock now properly OTG with j.LK after hitting an air throw in the corner before the opponent can tech? In the current build, it's a huge NEVER unless you stock an item drop and use it to restand on the way down, or OTG with it.
    Ms. Fortune is great. Everybody likes a little head action every now and then.
    Stream here! Follow @guitalex on Twitter for stream updates!
  • worldjem7worldjem7 Seven World Jems Joined: Posts: 544
    Here's the new list of regional MP filters:
    [SIZE=13px]North America (Canada)[/SIZE]

You might want to be a bit more specific for Canada. I'm just going to use "North America (East Coast)" because that's where all my best connections are. Canada is huge and I don't think I'm going to get a decent connection with anyone in or Manitoba or Nunavut, or basically anyone who's greater that 50km distance from me.

You should section off Canada just like you do with the US
    Canda Atlantic (for the maritime provinces such as PEI, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland),
    Canada South East (for southern Ontario/Quebec),
    Canada Central (for Northern Ontario, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta)
    Canada South West (for Alberta, British Columbia)
    Canada North West (for Yukon)
    Canada North (for North West Territories)
    Canada North East (for Northern Quebec, Northern Newfoundland, Nunavut)

And actually, I think the US should have more regions, since people living in New York and Michigan aren't necessarily going to have a good connection with people in Florida. Likewise with those trying to connect between any horizontal region in the US.

Furthermore, places like Russia, and any other large mass of land should have many subsections to allow a more accurate filter so that people aren't unwittingly running into people that are all the way across the country.
  • Age_of_FoolsAge_of_Fools Joined: Posts: 705
    splitting up the online player pool that much seems counter-productive to me. Australia had a truly legitimate case for being a separate region because you literally cannot get a ping under 150 against anyone outside the country, save maybe new zealand.
    Beginner's Guide to Cerebella
    Cerebella mixup video
    XBL: Age of Fools [Cerebella/Double/Parasoul/Painwheel]
    "i mean look the length of your post…" -Dime X
    Well, the point of regions in the first place is to look for better connections when looking for matches, right?

People are going to be split up regardless looking for the best connections, as they have in other games. With more region settings, it will just be easier to find those closer to you. It wouldn't stop you from playing someone in another region.
  • QETZLQETZL Needs more Salt. Joined: Posts: 492
    You have to weigh that against the pop. density and player base though, when you create regions. If we subdivide too much, scrolling through that list to find a match is going to be a pain in the dick. Canada is huge, yes, but all of Canada's population combined doesn't even reach the pop. of US West Coast. It'll suck if I get a match in Nova Scotia at a Billion Ping, but at that point being on West Coast side I can just go to the appropriate US region and know that there's a tonne more people there.
    "I have been experimenting with cock lately." - Girlystyle
    Canada represent! If that's not too much trouble.
    (QETZL : PSN/XBLA)
  • Uncivilized ElkUncivilized Elk Joined: Posts: 713

...WELL YOU KNOW WHAT.

YOU WANNA KNOW WHY?

Why don't you just mail Mike Z a check for $20 and save yourself all this trouble?

By the way, what is adjusted on the AI? Is the Ridiculous mode going to be harder? Oh please, that would be awesome.
    PSN: Uncivilized_Elk
  • Age_of_FoolsAge_of_Fools Joined: Posts: 705
    I might be wrong, but there was a change to the float on Parasoul's j.MK wasn't there? something about now being able to cancel it?
    Beginner's Guide to Cerebella
    Cerebella mixup video
    XBL: Age of Fools [Cerebella/Double/Parasoul/Painwheel]
    "i mean look the length of your post…" -Dime X
  • AndoTheCommandoAndoTheCommando Sorry I'm late! Joined: Posts: 2,553
    My god, you guys are literally the pinnacle of what gaming dev's should be. I'll gladly buy all your content, 3 times over. Hopefully now I can get some games now online (no local scene.) and fully pick this game up.
    "If I can't beat it, it's probably broken."- Ben Perkins.
    "He's american so he has to get retarded rewards for minimal effort."- Ace's thoughts on Captain America combos.
    "not only is this bitch a super kawaii desu roboto she fucking fun as fuck and ALL THE FUCKING PRETTY COLORS."- Jamal313 on playing Aigis.
  • deice-deice- kimchi yokatta darou Joined: Posts: 596
    Well, the point of regions in the first place is to look for better connections when looking for matches, right?

People are going to be split up regardless looking for the best connections, as they have in other games. With more region settings, it will just be easier to find those closer to you. It wouldn't stop you from playing someone in another region.
    If you subdivide too much, it becomes annoying going through the list of regions to find one with people in it. SSF4 has this problem, its divided by country, and my country has a bit over 5 million people and not very many fighting game players, so the region search is in effect useless. I have to select "any" region and decide myself from the ping.

The perfect solution of course would be letting you choose a list of regions you want to participate in, or even automatically take distance/latency into account in matchmaking algo. But those are advanced solutions that take much more effort from the matchmaking code and related server infrastructure.
    SSF4: Juri BBCSEX: Λ-11 AH3: Nazuna MBAACC: F-Hime SG: Valentine/Squigly/Parasoul
    本番はこれからだったのに, もう限界? - honban wa korekara datta no ni, mou genkai?
  • Mr. XMr. X Non Stop ∞ Climax Joined: Posts: 20,004 ✭✭✭
    "You are all just as bad as the people you hate. You're only interested in characters based on tears." - Since1717
    NO STREAM = DEAD GAME
    PSN: X_the_Genius | GGPO: Mr X | Skype: MisterEcks
  • grechzoogrechzoo The Welsh Asian...? Joined: Posts: 247
    sounds great,

did you guys consider trials combos for the each characters in their tutorials? as by now there are amazingly refined BnB combos you can grab from these boards.

or would it have been too much work?
    Skullgirls - a fighting game by gamers, for gamers. http://www.skullgirls.com
    Signature stolen from Jet Set Dizzy who stole it from Mike Z
  • ThatImpGuyThatImpGuy Honk Honk Joined: Posts: 72
    Thanks to the commission money I've been making, I'm totes spending $8 for all the character packs separately. Really excited for the first DLC character(s) though. Unless it's Marie.
    Geedorah has arrived, you guys can take five, by the time it's over
  • Darlos9DDarlos9D Joined: Posts: 71
    The one stupid thing I'm excited about is the changes to Lenny super. More damage AND I can't accidentally fuck up a DHC off of it? Shit yes.

You're brainlessly pressuring my Peacock who has 2 meter? Hope you like getting hit by Ultimate Showstopper, and then dropped into a massive explosion for almost 8k damage total.
  • Number 13Number 13 The Courage to Skullgirl Joined: Posts: 1,545
    Ridiculous Mode should have higher difficulty to prevent folks like me who can do simple bnb and raw supers on them(Not counting boss Marie) while the lower difficulties be toned down for the newcomers.

Boss Marie has a stun state if she is attacked continuously quick enough so thats something to latch onto if you ever had issues to fight Boss Marie on "sleepwalker" difficulty (I never bothered Fighting Boss Marie on Ridiculous anymore after doing it once since its just a pain)
    Currently Played Fighters [other alias: HooliganComboFTW]
    Persona 4 Arena: Yu Narukami Skullgirls: Solo Filia SSFIV AE: Cammy Dead or Alive 5: Hitomi/Rig
    KoF XIII : K'/Athena/Terry SoulCaliber V: Siegfried Tekken 6: Lili/Lars SF3OE: Alex SSF2HDRMX: Cammy
  • BlaQBlaQ I will grab your foot. Joined: Posts: 204
    I want to request something...

Dummy: CPU
    Max Difficulty: MikeZ

For, you know...mixup practice. :)
    "KEN SAIII and YANG SAIII vs Hugo?! Those weak ass super arts wouldn't put a dent in hugo's armour :( And I knew Hugo was going to SAI when Yang initiated his v-ism" - DanielSmith604
  • girlystylegirlystyle Only plays Fugazi Joined: Posts: 1,804
    Canada (EAST) and Canada (WEST) would probably suffice.
    Fuck Saskatchewan.
    people only pay attention to me because of my vagina awesome penis
  • shiningnegroshiningnegro Joined: Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭
    Canada (EAST) and Canada (WEST) would probably suffice.
    Fuck Saskatchewan.

Woah whats with the hate

But i agree East and West Canada is good enough and im not being bias cause im East Canada
    Division is good but too much is just ridiculous that new list is on that border already
    Lone Wolf Pack Interactive (New Indie Game Company)
    PSN: OneNappyNinja
    Main Games: TTT2 (Mains - Lily/Bruce) & SSF4:AE2012 (Main - Ibuki)
    SRK Fairy Gym Leader (Wifi) Friend Code: 1693-0954-9411
  • girlystylegirlystyle Only plays Fugazi Joined: Posts: 1,804
    Woah whats with the hate

too many syllables, too many fields.
    people only pay attention to me because of my vagina awesome penis
    I might be wrong, but there was a change to the float on Parasoul's j.MK wasn't there? something about now being able to cancel it?
    "- j.MK +1f hitstun; held-button float moves faster forward/backward and allows another attack immediately when button is released."

We considered combo trials, but for reasons unknown to most people here they were axed.
  • not so saintnot so saint The reports of my death are GREATLY exaggerated. Joined: Posts: 1,948
    We considered combo trials, but for reasons unknown to most people here they were axed.
    Were they axed for good or just for the time being?
    It will be done as it was foretold for we are servants of the Skully Ones and we will consume tuna with bacon and we will party for days and nights without rest and we no need other fate despite this one! For we are what we are and we will kneel before no one >=[
    "Russian science rise again!"
    For the time being. I have this really awesome thing I want to do that would revolutionize how combos are taught (yeah, I don't usually talk like this but it's a REALLY BIG DEAL) and I want to do it right. People that came for some of the pre-release testing know what I'm talking about. (^.^)
  • SRWPyritSRWPyrit ↻ + LP+LK Joined: Posts: 1,546
    Is it going to be some kind of puzzle-like training? You can respond by nodding.
    http://twitter.com/pooplos_z
    C to the O to the M, B, O!!!
    ::does or doesn't nod::
  • Jet Set DizzyJet Set Dizzy Night of the Defender Joined: Posts: 2,270
    ::does or doesn't nod::
    Schrodinger's Mike Z?
    "No, that's the extent of my knowledge. I just smash the keyboard with my elbows for a few hours a day and somehow this game happened."- Mike Z
  • not so saintnot so saint The reports of my death are GREATLY exaggerated. Joined: Posts: 1,948
    For the time being. I have this really awesome thing I want to do that would revolutionize how combos are taught (yeah, I don't usually talk like this but it's a REALLY BIG DEAL) and I want to do it right. People that came for some of the pre-release testing know what I'm talking about. (^.^)
    Mike Z: dreams come true.
    It will be done as it was foretold for we are servants of the Skully Ones and we will consume tuna with bacon and we will party for days and nights without rest and we no need other fate despite this one! For we are what we are and we will kneel before no one >=[
    "Russian science rise again!"
  • guitalex2007guitalex2007 Joined: Posts: 3,023
    OOH, it is something like Dance Dance Revolution?

Combo Combo Evolution Go!
    Ms. Fortune is great. Everybody likes a little head action every now and then.
    Stream here! Follow @guitalex on Twitter for stream updates!
  • Number 13Number 13 The Courage to Skullgirl Joined: Posts: 1,545
    Ah so much potential stuff this game can get in the horizon 6-6"
    Currently Played Fighters [other alias: HooliganComboFTW]
    Persona 4 Arena: Yu Narukami Skullgirls: Solo Filia SSFIV AE: Cammy Dead or Alive 5: Hitomi/Rig
    KoF XIII : K'/Athena/Terry SoulCaliber V: Siegfried Tekken 6: Lili/Lars SF3OE: Alex SSF2HDRMX: Cammy
  • Broseidon RexBroseidon Rex God of the Brocean Joined: Posts: 118
    Schrodinger's Mike Z?
    Cerebella's Cat? Better yet, make it so half the time when the cat comes out, make it glow green like it's been exposed to radiation.
  • MartholomuleMartholomule Joined: Posts: 20
    Don't say too much, the mega corps might swoop on it
  • RizhallRizhall 殺意はhot-hot!! Joined: Posts: 1,085
    Played it at Evo and loved it! I don't feel so much at a disadvantage anymore for going solo. This patch couldn't come out soon enough. I loved the Parasoul j.MK buff, that move feels like it'll be amazing now! I always thought the Egret charge not bouncing if the camera moved too much was on purpose, to give it less of a reward for landing it midscreen, but I'll take a wallbounce anyway, =P
    Subtle and insubstantial, the expert leaves no trace; divinely mysterious, he is inaudible. Thus he is master of his enemy's fate.
  • sage2050sage2050 AG Vinco Joined: Posts: 592
    MikeZ, with the hornet bomber changes, can you explain exactly what the old (current) properties are?
    Always Godlike
    www.alwaysgodlike.com
    All versions of Hornet Bomber are invincible up to the peak of the arc. There are active frames up until that, and then some afterwards.
    Nah, bike slam not bouncing wasn't intentional. If it were, it wouldn't be random.

Worldjem pretty much covered how Hornet Bomber currently works, so if that doesn't help then I'm not sure what you were asking.
  • sage2050sage2050 AG Vinco Joined: Posts: 592
    yeah i just wanted to know where the invincibility ended. the new version won't hit on the way down though?
    Always Godlike
    www.alwaysgodlike.com
  • VerstandeVerstande Joined: Posts: 324
    Did you fix the Cerecopter assist at the character menu?