25th Anniversary Tournament to feature HDR

Comments

• txsfytxsfy Joined: Posts: 2

Who else will take

Paris, France October 31, 2012
    and
    London, England December 01, 2012

?

Anyone going to these? wolmar / 41i45 etc?

Grand final will be at December 08, 2012.
    Winner of the London tournament will have a short notice to get vacation days off.
    If you think you'll win, plan ahead
    Thanks for all the updates n info Papasi!

French cup was a regional qualifier for masters series europe, here is the actual qualifier bracket, same result, well done to Aero!

http://binarybeast.com/xSSF2T1210291

The UK event (i47)states there will be a few special guests (last minute japanese for last qualifier remaining?) 41i45 is an alpha3 player afaik. Likely to see ST regulars turn up for HDR (orf,chaosflare,smqclassic etc).
  • papasipapasi N Ken is the truth Joined: Posts: 1,568
    Thanks for all the updates n info Papasi!

French cup was a regional qualifier for masters series europe, here is the actual qualifier bracket, same result, well done to Aero!

http://binarybeast.com/xSSF2T1210291

The UK event (i47)states there will be a few special guests (last minute japanese for last qualifier remaining?) 41i45 is an alpha3 player afaik. Likely to see ST regulars turn up for HDR (orf,chaosflare,smqclassic etc).

That's weird. So the winners of the paris qual doesn't get a spot at SF grand final but a chance to qualify in masters series europe?
    So how many spots will the masters series europe provide? We only have 6 players qualified in grand final so far and it's very close to dec 9th.

Afro Legends - TX (deejay, boxer)
    Damdai - NY (o hawk, o ryu, o ken)
    Laugh - Asia (dictator, o sagat, n ken)
    Tokido - Brazil (claw)
    John Choi - LA#1 (ryu, o sagat)
    shotosallday - LA#2 (o ryu, ryu, gief)

I guess the original PDF file from capcom is inaccurate. TBH they are quite disorganized for this series of events.
    eltrouble "I doubt that ST will be on the main stream ever again."
    OhNuki: Real men play ST!!
    James Chen: there is something special about playing ST on a cab. It just feels so goooooood.
    Super Turbo Hitbox & safe jump guide http://www.strevival.com/hitbox/
  • KuroppiKuroppi くろっぴ Joined: Posts: 891
    That's weird. So the winners of the paris qual doesn't get a spot at SF grand final but a chance to qualify in masters series europe?
    So how many spots will the masters series europe provide? We only have 6 players qualified in grand final so far and it's very close to dec 9th.

Tokido - Brazil (claw)

Aero Rockman (Master Series Europe) is the seventh qualifier.

The UK qualifier is the one coming up for the last spot. According to some of the French players on GGPO, they aren't allowed to enter the UK qualifier for some reason but they had a qualifier spot for Master Series Europe. Strange.
    Shhh... ST in da house!

www.strevival.com | STR Facebook | Twitter
  • txsfytxsfy Joined: Posts: 2
    Finalists are:

Tokido - Brazil (claw)
    Kenpachi - Euro (n ryu, o sagat)
    Fuzzy - UK (n cammy, n ryu)

Aero rockman cant make it due to work. Good luck to all!
  • othartheomothartheom recovering hyou bal Joined: Posts: 116
    here is the bracket: http://challonge.com/sf25_sfii

I don't understand why there is a Japan listed. Is this supposed to be one of the LA quals, or is the bracket fake?
    here is the bracket: http://challonge.com/sf25_sfii

I don't understand why there is a Japan listed. Is this supposed to be one of the LA quals, or is the bracket fake?

If this is the real bracket, I think it's just an error and Japan should be the other LA qualifier.

Having the four US qualifiers face each other in Round 1 doesn't seem right though. Hopefully, it will get tweaked before it takes place.
    Shhh... ST in da house!

looking at that bracket we could very well see Damdai vs Afro GF!
  • RufusRufus An unexpected database error has occurred. Joined: Posts: 1,966
    Having the four US qualifiers face each other in Round 1 doesn't seem right though. Hopefully, it will get tweaked before it takes place.
    Laugh and Tokido do show up in the US regularly, and double elimination helps a lot with a small bracket, so it's not *that* bad.
    (Heck, they're running 6 rounds, 1 more and they could just round robin it and go with points... probably not as dramatic though.)
    Hitboxes http://www.pedantic.org/~nate/HDR/
    "You don't know what you're talking about as much as I do." -- Unknown
  • DNGR S PAPERCUTDNGR S PAPERCUT Joined: Posts: 1,608
    looking at that bracket we could very well see Damdai vs Afro GF!

I'm more excited to see shotosallday vs damdai. That's going to be super hype. Do yourself a favor and do not miss that match.
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    Ah shit..    
  • eltroubleeltrouble Joined: Posts: 5,714
    This is the bracket that was posted on eventhubs:

http://www.eventhubs.com/images/2012/dec/05/street-fighter-25th-anniversary-grand-finals-brackets-04/

So...which is the real one?
    I read on Capcom Unity (?) that the brackets floating around earlier were not finalized so this could very well be the correct bracket.

Edit: That bracket is legit.

http://finals.streetfighter25.com/

Hehe, the white t-shirt is back, Damdai!
    Shhh... ST in da house!

Did they pull shotosallday's picture from his driver's license?!
    Did they pull shotosallday's picture from his driver's license?!

I'm gong to use that on his STR profile...
    Shhh... ST in da house!

• DNGR S PAPERCUTDNGR S PAPERCUT Joined: Posts: 1,608
    Lolz.

That bracket makes more sense by spreading out all the US players. But The only foreign player that looks like he's going to put up a fight is tokido. No disrespect to the other countries, but the 4 players representing US are among the cream of the crop, and 1 of them is literally a legend in the SF2 world.

Looking at this bracket, my best guess is that an American player will take first. Afro and Damdai have both beaten tokido before. Damdai beat tokido 6-0 I think in one of the east coast majors. So I think Tokido's tournament life will end once he reaches one of these guys. Also he plays shotos first and that guy plays the claw match up very well too.

Prior to NEC, I would have said that Afro would take Damdai. But Damdai pulled out an amazing looking fei out of nowhere. Not many players here get practice against good feis, so Afro vs Damdai match up is a complete mystery now.

John Choi is always a threat in any situation.

Shotosallday on a good day could take out everyone on the list, but he only has 2 tournaments of experience under his belt so that could be a factor. Shotos is a wildcard.

NOTE: All my EVO predictions were wrong, so I might have jinxed all the US players.
    Ah shit..    
  • CronopioCronopio ST Joined: Posts: 2,131
    Choi is going to take it. He seemed to be back on shape on the qualifier.
    Choi performed very well at the qualifier, but he's been out of practice, and that may end up hurting him against this level of competition.

Shotosallday is a naturally talented player, but he has limited tournament experience under his belt, but this would be a great place to prove his worth.

Damdai is the most well-travelled ST player in the States and has a wealth of knowledge to back him up.

Afro's been practicing pretty consistently this past year, and is always a threat in any tournament.

I'll have to tip the odds in favor of Damdai and Afro in GF. Of course, I'm favoring Afro to win, but Damdai seems to have put some work into the game lately, and it'll be interesting to see what he'll bring to the table. Either way, it's going to be one exciting tournament.
  • SpidercarnageSpidercarnage Joined: Posts: 91
    Lolz.

That bracket makes more sense by spreading out all the US players. But The only foreign player that looks like he's going to put up a fight is tokido. No disrespect to the other countries, but the 4 players representing US are among the cream of the crop, and 1 of them is literally a legend in the SF2 world.

Looking at this bracket, my best guess is that an American player will take first. Afro and Damdai have both beaten tokido before. Damdai beat tokido 6-0 I think in one of the east coast majors. So I think Tokido's tournament life will end once he reaches one of these guys. Also he plays shotos first and that guy plays the claw match up very well too.

Prior to NEC, I would have said that Afro would take Damdai. But Damdai pulled out an amazing looking fei out of nowhere. Not many players here get practice against good feis, so Afro vs Damdai match up is a complete mystery now.

John Choi is always a threat in any situation.

Shotosallday on a good day could take out everyone on the list, but he only has 2 tournaments of experience under his belt so that could be a factor. Shotos is a wildcard.

NOTE: All my EVO predictions were wrong, so I might have jinxed all the US players.

Damdai took 7 straight games from Tokido at Seasons Beatings 2011 grand finals. Damdai was in losers and came back to win the tourney.
  • CronopioCronopio ST Joined: Posts: 2,131
    Sad that Choi couldn't take it, even though he gave Afro a run for his money. Congrats to Damdai for winning this very convincingly.
  • MegamanX-8MegamanX-8 Robotic Warrior Joined: Posts: 141
    Choi performed very well at the qualifier, but he's been out of practice, and that may end up hurting him against this level of competition.

Shotosallday is a naturally talented player, but he has limited tournament experience under his belt, but this would be a great place to prove his worth.

Damdai is the most well-travelled ST player in the States and has a wealth of knowledge to back him up.

Afro's been practicing pretty consistently this past year, and is always a threat in any tournament.

I'll have to tip the odds in favor of Damdai and Afro in GF. Of course, I'm favoring Afro to win, but Damdai seems to have put some work into the game lately, and it'll be interesting to see what he'll bring to the table. Either way, it's going to be one exciting tournament.

yep damdai won it for NY and with the jig in all
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/nohonorcrew/

Cant have Honor when we dont have honor

XBL : WalkingDeadGuy9
    KI : Arbiter, Jago
    SFV: Zangief
    Pokken: Sceptile
    ST : Zangief, Ken, Ryu, N Sagat
    Fightcade : MegamanX8
    Congrats to Damdai. He definitely played on fire this tournament and deserved to win it.
  • SotoSoto The un-safe jump master. ~FrankieSnow~ Joined: Posts: 244
    yep very good level matches, congrats Damdai
    *Spoiler
    Teh Black/Gold stick :eek:
  • deadfrogdeadfrog Joined: Joined: Posts: 6,787
    I heard that the prize for winning ST was an old car??
  • DarknessintheFogDarknessintheFog Joined: Posts: 187
    Who'd you hear that from ? Marn ? o_O
    DGV: whiff low jab into throw...leet tier!

Graham: I want to get back on ggpo but I cant
    Papasi: so what's wrong w/ your pc ?
    Graham: well first, I have to get a pc ~
  • -TheBastard--TheBastard- FAB u LOSE! Joined: Posts: 1,276
    Damdai Finals:

its official, Afro's DeeJay has now a big scar on the chest just as Sagat does :D
    not even Supers beat the good Ol invincible dragon punch
    <blitzfu> cool, and bastard is a loser, screen shot that
    <Pasky> he's always trolling, he has a macro button that troll
    <Kyouya>LoL Bastard, best post evah! But you forgot the tiger uppercut!!
    Imagine a snail being able to play fgs, and being a noob in it, it would sure be a salty snail, oh the tragedy of a snail!
    congrats to all players in top 8 since you all got your prize money :)
    and especially to damdai , afro and choi for placing top 3

one of the most enjoyable matches for me is choiboi vs afro. he clearly displayed that he knows the match and his fast reactions. you'd think that only japanese guiles like muteki and kurahashi who have easy access to local fierce competition could master a low tier character in a unfavorable MU like this.

it'll be cool if damdai won a trip to the bonus stage to smash on that Scion FR-S ^^

ggs and nice to meet everyone there (again) - biocide thrust afro muffinman damdai shotos wicked mongolo darkness mose $100 georam, the other ggpo player (sorry i forget your name) and a bunch of other people

capcom botched the qualifies since they are inexperienced in running tournaments but i think they redeemed themselves with this grand final. great venues and lots of setup for free plays, cool gifts (very nice tshirt). they just need to axe that sfxtekken game lol.

also james chen is a extremely lucky guy. he declined the invitation to the arcade since he got better things to do!

and yeah, unblockable tatsu is hella cheap.
    James Chen: there is something special about playing ST on a cab. It just feels so goooooood.
  • philcitophilcito The Berserker Shoto Joined: Posts: 1,178
    And yeah, unblockable tatsu is hella cheap.
    Boxer and Claw are bullshit compared to old shotos.

Congrats Damdai!, you fucking deserve it!
    "You hit coins at the same time as punch, just like philcito does". Bookah
    " I don't snore and I shower daily". Rekkaken

The Crew - www.nohonorcrew.com/
    I want to go along with philcito; CONGRATS DAMDAI! You earned it man!
  • PaskyPasky Ninja with pistol! Joined: Posts: 1,863
    Clearly AfroLegends only lost because they were using remixed music.
    <Pasky> so you can go extra fast by just holding it?
    <bookah> turbo handjob
    <baklakiller> sure if had a penis
    <baklakiller> im a beginner gief
  • ShinjiGohanShinjiGohan Joined: Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Clearly AfroLegends only lost because they were using remixed music.
    also probably got over confident like always since he dominated damdai at the ToL FT10. Probably ranting about that on GGPO right now.
    Nah, I heard he was going fishing on XBL.
    <bookah> turbo handjob
  • TheMuffinManTheMuffinMan 「満」 「寸」 「越」 Joined: Posts: 506 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Huge thanks to Papasi for taking me, shotosallday, damdai, and biocide to the arcade after the tournament and taking care of credits and dinner! I am forever grateful for that level of hospitality!!! Well done to shotos for beating tokido, choi for keeping it real despite the rust, afro for making every match a nail-biter, and to damdai for successfully running the gauntlet.

It was a seriously awesome trip, and I hope to see all of you guys again! Also, thanks to the owner of Game Center Arcade for keeping it open late and getting down on ST!
    "That you float along in the ocean and live a life of peace does not come from your own resourcefulness." - Demon's Sermon on Martial Arts
    np man. too bad everyone was exhausted after all day waiting. sfxtk is to be blamed.

everyone is cool offline. iirc after top8-top3 muffinman asked afro if there is anything that threw him off after the first set with damdai. he didn't make any excuses and said he simply lost fair and square.

btw afro, the group of friends who traveled with you were cheering for you incessantly the whole time (i just happened to sit next to them, they don't know me)
    I bet you had a great time afterwards at the club with the dance and all :)

Does anyone know why the character sprites look almost perfect on stream?
    When we change to classic sprites in the ps3 setup that they have, they all look horribly pixelated (but not the background).
    Possibly a filter applied via Xsplit (streaming software) or the capture device. It could even have been a special build...
    <bookah> turbo handjob
  • fatboyfatboy I beat anorexia: 10-0 Joined: Posts: 1,853
    From other thread:

(1) Love to both players. I am happy to have them both participate in the ST community.

(2) With that said, Damdai won on the *biggest* FGC stage ever. Players/ fans from all over the world were watching the SF25th tournament. No other event will be quite like it. Afro will need to wait 25 years for a run back/ rematch on a venue/event of that size again. And it may be a long 25 years...
    Am I hungry? Sure, I could eat...
  • DarknessintheFogDarknessintheFog Joined: Posts: 187
    Huge thanks to Papasi for taking me, shotosallday, damdai, and biocide to the arcade after the tournament and taking care of credits and dinner! I am forever grateful for that level of hospitality!!! Well done to shotos for beating tokido, choi for keeping it real despite the rust, afro for making every match a nail-biter, and to damdai for successfully running the gauntlet.

It was a seriously awesome trip, and I hope to see all of you guys again! Also, thanks to the owner of Game Center Arcade for keeping it open late and getting down on ST!

Yo , Daryl numba #1! we had some good games man ! And some funky glitches that no1 saw lol
    can't wait till SCR !

Also was great to see : Mongolorobocop, Coffee, and Wicked again .
    Biocide playing deejay?(was your name Koy?) There was a lot of people there going back n forth.

Thrust (for the 3 mins that I saw b4 he took off) haha =P

And Papasi of course ~ I shouldve went w/ u guys to game center , that way I wouldve gotten dinner too ! LoL man the nor cal crew has never gotten dinner just for coming out , so-cal , u guys r something special ~ Can't wait till the next time u guys come back up !
    Cheers !
    DGV: whiff low jab into throw...leet tier!

Graham: I want to get back on ggpo but I cant
    Papasi: so what's wrong w/ your pc ?
    Graham: well first, I have to get a pc ~
  • FuddFudd High Level Parking Joined: Posts: 1,215
    LoL man the nor cal crew has never gotten dinner just for coming out

That papasi guy has some deep pockets. Of course, if he buys you dinner he could very well do the same for your mom and, well, you know where this is going.

Sad that I had to miss out, but glad that there's a healthy rivalry going on even if it is East/West coast. Really keeping the SF2 fires burning alive, guys. Good shit.
    "See, Super Turbo is a real man's game... But Street Fighter 4's like Chuck-E-Cheese, baby. Y'know what I'm saying? Where a kid can be a kid. I'm a grown-ass man, so clearly I'm not old enough to go in the ball pit." -Steve Harrison (Translation: dat Fo' make you soft)
    Super Turbo Revival
    "Everyone has a plan until they get magnetized." -SpiderDan
    PSN: Metonymous | Battle.net: Noun#1214 | Steam: Noun Proper | YT
  • bookahbookah Joined: Posts: 29
    Damdizzle, please give credit where credit is due. Who was the one that suggested you dance a little "jig" on stream, right in Afro's face, if you beat him? Whoever it was has a brilliant mind.
  • afro legendsafro legends Pugilist Specialist Joined: Posts: 256
    Damdai, congrats...you deserved to win. You played your ass off. I could say I lost because of 3 frames of lag but I don't wanna cause controversy and be a dick. The better man won last weekend, period. This makes for a great rivalry and is great for the game so I'm glad things happened the way it did. I will be back. :)
  • ShinjiGohanShinjiGohan Joined: Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Damdai, congrats...you deserved to win. You played your ass off. I could say I lost because of 3 frames of lag but I don't wanna cause controversy and be a dick. The better man won last weekend, period. This makes for a great rivalry and is great for the game so I'm glad things happened the way it did. I will be back. :)

if you were a man you wouldn't even mention the 3 frames of lag in the first place.