PAD Plink

SouL_EndSouL_End Joined: Posts: 67
could someone help me with double taps and plinking on a pad?

how can i do it?
PSN: SoLerMe

Comments

• SouL_EndSouL_End Joined: Posts: 67
  • NarcowskiNarcowski Joined: Posts: 841
    It can be done if you use your first two fingers for the surface buttons of the pad and your ring / pinky fingers for the shoulder buttons, but it is much more difficult than plinking on stick. I suggest you either transition to stick, or learn to execute your combos (including 1F links) without plinking.
  • fizzywoemacfizzywoemac Team Pwendines Joined: Posts: 383 ✭✭✭
    I used to play rufus on pad and i was easily able to plink his st.hp for his bnb. I would just press st.hp (right bumper) with my right index finger and hit mp (y) almost simultaneously with my thumb. Depends on what your plinking but some of them are very doable on pad.
    Counterpicking Sagat with Honda since forever
  • CHIEFxIRONLUNGCHIEFxIRONLUNG Squaresoft purist. Joined: Posts: 587 ✭✭
    Get those 6 button layout pads from Gamestop and shit and use tekken claw and lots of prayer.
    its not fine, but at least it makes sense. your a fucking retard if you cant even grasp that. only a retard would die for people they dont even know to increase these peoples bank accounts. now why dont you go and applie to the army retard, you would fit in quite nicely with the rest of them ignorant bitches.
  • KratosKratos Joined: Posts: 147
    I used to play rufus on pad and i was easily able to plink his st.hp for his bnb. I would just press st.hp (right bumper) with my right index finger and hit mp (y) almost simultaneously with my thumb. Depends on what your plinking but some of them are very doable on pad.
    yea exactly it is really easy doing ryu 1 frm links like that
    you should just give it some practice
    PSN: Bazinga311
    AE: Seth/Cammy/Gouken(Rose)
    UMVC3: Nova/Spencer/Dr. Doom
    Nova/Frankwest/Dormammu
    Dormammu/ Dr. Doom / Wesker
  • SouL_EndSouL_End Joined: Posts: 67
    guys if i'm asking for pad plink it means i don't want to switch to stick. I know that is easier on that 6 bottons, but i need it on pad...

My problems is rose's c.lk -> c.mp combo...

For rufus is easy also for me, cause hp and mp position on pad....but lp and mp it's still hard :/...So anyone got any idea to make it more comfortable?
    PSN: SoLerMe
  • eltroubleeltrouble Joined: Posts: 5,557 ✭✭✭✭
    guys if i'm asking for pad plink it means i don't want to switch to stick. I know that is easier on that 6 bottons, but i need it on pad...

My problems is rose's c.lk -> c.mp combo...

For rufus is easy also for me, cause hp and mp position on pad....but lp and mp it's still hard :/...So anyone got any idea to make it more comfortable?

They're talking about switching to a 6 button pad, with all 6 buttons on the front face. This makes it a thousand times easier to do double taps and plinks, since you can hover your hand over your controller much like you would an arcade stick, and have access to all of your buttons with several fingers.

If you're specifically looking to plink the above link, you would hover your hand over the front face, which means you don't grip the controller with your right hand. Hit cr.lk with your index finger, then plink mp and lp together using your middle finger and index finger, respectively.

But obviously, with this hand position, it's much harder to access the right shoulder buttons, so you'll have to adapt by either using your left shoulders for HP and HK. Other than that, you're pretty much fucked, and you'll have to make a compromise, unless you purchase a pad with 6 buttons on the face.
  • m0mom0mo Joined: Posts: 335 ✭✭
    I was just wondering since i'm fairly consistent with gen's 1 frame bnb. Does plinking with hp with 3 punches actualy work? If i do it too fast i get mp but if i do it right hp comes out and it connects if i don't do it too late. I don't even know if it actualy makes the link 2 framer but atleast when i miss it i gess st. mp.

Ps. I'm using madcatz fightpad.
    PPS. Sorry if i'm hijacking the thread but realy want to know this.
    XBL/GFWL: momo7877
  • eltroubleeltrouble Joined: Posts: 5,557 ✭✭✭✭
    I was just wondering since i'm fairly consistent with gen's 1 frame bnb. Does plinking with hp with 3 punches actualy work? If i do it too fast i get mp but if i do it right hp comes out and it connects if i don't do it too late. I don't even know if it actualy makes the link 2 framer but atleast when i miss it i gess st. mp.

Ps. I'm using madcatz fightpad.
    PPS. Sorry if i'm hijacking the thread but realy want to know this.

Technically you're plinking 2 punches in a row. You're plinking hp+mp, and mp+lp. Which is why if you mess up the link, you still get a mp to come out, and if you time it perfectly, you get the hp to come out, both good things.
  • GordonsBeardGordonsBeard QCF+P Bad Stoned Joined: Posts: 379
    Long story short: you aren't going to plink using a controller very often. You might be able to learn a few combos that you can plink but it's not like having a stick where you can plink every single link you have because it's so easy to do. I'd just concentrate on your timing more than tricks to help your timing - a controller kind of an obstacle to overcome in itself.
  • MingoDynastyMingoDynasty PC gaming master race Joined: Posts: 5,471
    I used to play PS3 pad and was able to (or at least got into the habit of) plinking everything, including standing jabs (used left thumb on select button for blink). Not quite 100% but still decent enough.

MP~LP and MK~LK I simply slid my thumb from medium to light. HP~MP/LP and HK~MK/LK (depends on plink combo) I would use pointer finger + thumb. Hopefully this helps.

Once I got a stick though, my plink success rate has been nearly 100% lol.

Also I doubt you're doing to be double tapping anything on pad. You might be able to do pianoing or otherwise really fast inputs but it's going a shit ton of practice; at lot less practice than it does for stick that's for sure. After all my years with my trusty pad, I still can't do Chun's lightning legs... meanwhile a few months on the stick and I can piano everything.
  • DenzosDenzos Still training Joined: Posts: 61
    i changed my L1 to light punch to plink ibuki's tsumuji loop, its not at 100% yet but pretty close. dunno if that helps
    PSN Tag: Dennzos
    UMVC3:
    Wolverine (B.Barrage), Hawkeye (Greyhound), Akuma (Tatsu)
    AE: Ibuki
  • GordonsBeardGordonsBeard QCF+P Bad Stoned Joined: Posts: 379
    I used to play PS3 pad and was able to (or at least got into the habit of) plinking everything, including standing jabs (used left thumb on select button for blink). Not quite 100% but still decent enough.

Once I got a stick though, my plink success rate has been nearly 100% lol.
    This is the main takeaway. I don't think there is any real benefit to learning how to plink on a pad just because of how hard it is. It's like learning how to do 100% combos using Pheonix Wright in normal no evidence mode. Just pick someone else/another controller, this isn't worth the work.
    L1- square(light punch)
    UMVC3:
    I'm pretty sure you can't plink by simply hitting two buttons assigned to Light Punch.
  • TNBTNB Bye. Joined: Posts: 1,180
    Take your thumb and press down on one button and then slide to the other.
    for "plinking" light punches and short kicks, you can assign a shoulder button to select. Linking jabs via this is called "blinking".

The thing with links is knowing the timing. you can plink and still miss the link. But plinking gives you multiple chances as you may already know.
    Skills and attitude prove worth as a player, not the internet.
  • UroboricUroboric Joined: Posts: 184
    I shudder at the thought of trying to learn how to broadly utilize plinking on a regular pad. I imagine that you would need to reassign buttons for plinking light/medium attacks, and the dexterity required would be about 5 times greater than on a stick. Even then, I highly doubt most people could perform their plinks in a match with 90%+ accuracy without an absurd amount of training. Yuck.
    Take your thumb and press down on one button and then slide to the other.
    This what we call "Double Tapping" (except in this case you're using two buttons assigned to the same action, for some reason).

It is different from plinking because there is at least 1f of nothing because of the first button release. On the other hand, plinking/blinking offers the same* input immediately after.

*Not exactly the same when plinking, but due to priority it should generally be the same. It is always the same when blinking.
  • TNBTNB Bye. Joined: Posts: 1,180
    eh, or you can simply press both almost simultaneously with one thumb. as in having the edge of your thumb on one and most of it on the other, kind of in between.
    Skills and attitude prove worth as a player, not the internet.
    i am wrong then lol, blinking it is
    UMVC3:
    That doesn't work either because if a button is already pressed (let's say, for jab), then another button that does the same thing (ie: also assigned to jab) won't do anything. To verify this, go into training room with input display on, assign two buttons to the same thing, and then try pressing one button, then the second button while the first button is still held down.

If you are referring to traditional plinking using a button of lower priority, then yes that does work and that's exactly what I described, a couple posts ago.

Side fact: you cannot negative edge normals, but you can negative edge specials. This makes double tapping more useful than plinking for linking specials.