Skullgirls online dead currently? Or is it just me?

YamatsuYamatsu when will you learn?Joined: Posts: 53
I played Skullgirls earlier on and tried to play some online matches. However I couldn't seem to find anyone in ranked Europe/West Coast America. The unranked rooms were empty also, for every region except for one room.
However I do have NAT type 2 right now, so I was thinking it may be a cause of this. But is anyone else seeing a shortage of games in Skullgirls?
Or perhaps everyone is waiting for the next patch?

EDIT: Also, I'm playing on the PS3 version.
·

Comments

• girlystylegirlystyle Only plays Fugazi Joined: Posts: 1,804
    It can be hard to find matches sometimes using quickplay, but if you post in the PSN matchmaking thread, generally somebody will get back to you fairly quickly for some games :)
    people only pay attention to me because of my vagina awesome penis
    ·
  • AsteriskBlueAsteriskBlue Joined: Posts: 602 ✭✭✭
    Certain times of day I get a lot of matches other times very few. I live in a major city though.

Overall, since this is an indie game its sales can't compare to other games and so you won't really be able to get matches with as much success as you can with something like SF4
    It's nice to meet you, too.
    ·
  • YamatsuYamatsu when will you learn? Joined: Posts: 53
    It can be hard to find matches sometimes using quickplay, but if you post in the PSN matchmaking thread, generally somebody will get back to you fairly quickly for some games :)
    Haha, I'm a bit scared to challenge anyone on SRK until I get a fightstick and get used to it (really hoping I can pick up that Qanba eLive pro RF before they run out).
    Even though Skullgirls is much more forgiving for pad players than Street Fighter, right now I wouldn't go challenging anyone ;)
    ·
  • ZidianeZidiane HyperCharging YOLO STAR Joined: Posts: 1,224
    Haha, I'm a bit scared to challenge anyone on SRK until I get a fightstick and get used to it (really hoping I can pick up that Qanba eLive pro RF before they run out).
    Even though Skullgirls is much more forgiving for pad players than Street Fighter, right now I wouldn't go challenging anyone ;)
    What are you talking about, man? The controller doesn't make the player, experience and willingness to practice does. I only use a pad, and I'm pretty damn decent. I haven't been able to capture instances of my ability quite yet, but there are a handful of members here who could tell you (scrub saibot and evilweevle off the top of my head). Everyone else is either on another system, had one or two bad matchups with me, or is named 'ataconzi'.
    xbl/psn: Zidiane/zidiane5
    Skullgirls: Cerebella, SSB Melee: Kirby, Samus
    Ever wonder how to play Cerebella, of Skullgirls fame? Here's a guide I made!
    ·
  • tatakitataki Non-SF4/MVC3 FG news: twitter.com/#!/novriltataki Joined: Posts: 7,187 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PS3 ranked is bugged. Wait for the patch.
    Fighting game tutorials, matches, and funny stuff:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/novriltataki
    Former account:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/playtowin
    ·
  • QETZLQETZL Needs more Salt. Joined: Posts: 492
    Haha, I'm a bit scared to challenge anyone on SRK

Don't be! If you wanna play SG with us, then we want to play SG with you. Skill comes with practice.
    "I have been experimenting with cock lately." - Girlystyle
    Canada represent! If that's not too much trouble.
    (QETZL : PSN/XBLA)
    ·
  • Jet Set DizzyJet Set Dizzy Night of the Defender Joined: Posts: 2,270
    Getting your butt kicked builds character. I have loads of character saved up by now.
    "No, that's the extent of my knowledge. I just smash the keyboard with my elbows for a few hours a day and somehow this game happened."- Mike Z
    ·
    What are you talking about, man? The controller doesn't make the player, experience and willingness to practice does. I only use a pad, and I'm pretty damn decent. I haven't been able to capture instances of my ability quite yet, but there are a handful of members here who could tell you (scrub saibot and evilweevle off the top of my head). Everyone else is either on another system, had one or two bad matchups with me, or is named 'ataconzi'.
    Well, I find Z and double quarter movements to be a real bitch on a D-pad. You can argue that that's not a really amazing reason to dish out €200 on a good quality stick (shipping costs to Ireland for Qanba sticks are immense), but there's only so much I can do on a pad with my gargantuan hands, as well as thumb becoming a bit sore after too much PS3 D-pad use. I'd just rather use a stick.
    Also, since 24Mb broadband is finally available in my area, I'll start to play with some of you guys if/when I get the upgrade. ;D
    ·
    I'm pretty sure there isn't a single double quarter movement in Skullgirls, so you should be safe there.
    ·
    Well, I find Z and double quarter movements to be a real bitch on a D-pad. You can argue that that's not a really amazing reason to dish out €200 on a good quality stick (shipping costs to Ireland for Qanba sticks are immense), but there's only so much I can do on a pad with my gargantuan hands, as well as thumb becoming a bit sore after too much PS3 D-pad use. I'd just rather use a stick.
    Also, since 24Mb broadband is finally available in my area, I'll start to play with some of you guys if/when I get the upgrade. ;D
    It's a fine reason to get a stick if you actually want one.
    There really aren't any double QCF motions in this game though and the Z's are really lenient just do
    :f::qcf:(button)
    "No, that's the extent of my knowledge. I just smash the keyboard with my elbows for a few hours a day and somehow this game happened."- Mike Z
    ·
  • palipali PSN:Heavyjugz Joined: Posts: 976
    Tons of people play on ps3 idk what you mean, whenever i get on i get a match in like 5min or less. Open a lobby or something, don't try to go to ranked cause ranked is dead.
    ·
  • ZidianeZidiane HyperCharging YOLO STAR Joined: Posts: 1,224
    The D-pad? Is that what everyone uses? Huh. I use the anolog stick (on a 360 pad), and those motions are easy for me. I didn't even know that people had trouble with them. I tried to use the d-pad when I first started (SFA3), but it didn't work out for me, and I found out that the 360 stick worked perfect for me when I started playing SF4.

But, yeah, you don't need to justify your own purchases with your own money to me, or any other complete stranger. I look forward to playing you, though.
    xbl/psn: Zidiane/zidiane5
    Skullgirls: Cerebella, SSB Melee: Kirby, Samus
    Ever wonder how to play Cerebella, of Skullgirls fame? Here's a guide I made!
    ·
  • Uncivilized ElkUncivilized Elk Joined: Posts: 713
    It's a fine reason to get a stick if you actually want one.
    There really aren't any double QCF motions in this game though and the Z's are really lenient just do
    :f::qcf:(button)

Actually you don't even need that last forward direction.
    The D-pad? Is that what everyone uses?

Yes! But it looks like the 360 dpad is pretty awful and HC3P is for PC and PS3 only unless you mod it.
    PSN: Uncivilized_Elk
    ·
    Tons of people play on ps3 idk what you mean, whenever i get on i get a match in like 5min or less. Open a lobby or something, don't try to go to ranked cause ranked is dead.
    Well bro, American games aren't really an option right now for me, and that'd be where most people would be playing I'd assume. I did search for unranked lobbies but only one showed out of all regions. I'll have a go at changing my NAT Type to 1 when I get the chance and will see if it makes a big difference.
    ·
  • palipali PSN:Heavyjugz Joined: Posts: 976
    Well bro, American games aren't really an option right now for me, and that'd be where most people would be playing I'd assume. I did search for unranked lobbies but only one showed out of all regions. I'll have a go at changing my NAT Type to 1 when I get the chance and will see if it makes a big difference.
    ohhhh my bad i didn't know you weren't usa, yea you'll need to wait for the patch
    ·
    Actually you don't even need that last forward direction.
    Yeah but It's easiest for me this way, It's how I do my DP's in GG, lol.
    ·
    Yeah but It's easiest for me this way, It's how I do my DP's in GG, lol.
    If I do a full QCF after the F, there's a rare chance I may have screwed up the timing or my finger position somehow and I end up performing the QCF attack. However if I leave that last F out, this never seems to happen. So I just stick to the shorter version.
    ·
  • ataconaziataconazi Joined: Posts: 579
    xbox is DEAD. you can wait for like an hour and still noone will join your room, and whenever i try to join one there isnt one in the entire country waiting for me

also all the great players i have on my friends list dont go online very often so i never find anyone competent to play against
    gt: Jailhouse
    skullgirlsssss: parasoul/double
    marvel 3 is horrid
    ·
    Being in Hawaii, I'm limited to the WC-est of the WC peeps. I still manage to find somebody to play who I haven't friended, but it typically takes between 10 - 20 minutes to find a game. I play Odin Sphere in the downtime or read a book.

Though on the blue moon there are people who live midwest or further who have red ping and yet the connection is smooth.
    ·
  • girlystylegirlystyle Only plays Fugazi Joined: Posts: 1,804
    people only pay attention to me because of my vagina awesome penis
    ·
  • Ian ConwayIan Conway Rocket to Rail Joined: Posts: 131
    online will be more worthwhile once the patch prevents all the slowdowns that happen online on the xbox. that's the reason i do not play that much anymore.
    ·
    i doubt the patch will magically fix everything thats bad about the online to be honest, but i hope it does something
    marvel 3 is horrid
    ·
    i doubt the patch will magically fix everything thats bad about the online to be honest, but i hope it does something

Its just the slowdowns that happen, the "twitchiness" of ggpo is fine but the slowdown that ruin entire matches even though both players connections(have tested it with a local friend where we were pinging each other and our ping was consistent but the game was experiencing slowdowns despite our good connection
    ·
  • Broseidon RexBroseidon Rex God of the Brocean Joined: Posts: 118
    read a book
    Was reading Edgar Allen Poe while waiting for Fugazi match up. As for getting people online, it's been better after evo.
    ·
  • evilweevleevilweevle Xbox GT : MrFossy Joined: Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭
    I haven't been able to capture instances of my ability quite yet, but there are a handful of members here who could tell you (scrub saibot and evilweevle off the top of my head). '.

i can attest to this mans playing ability. we should get some more games in sometime dude its been a while.

but anyway OP i think the best way to go with this is to search ranked until you get a good match, and then spam that person with private invites, after a few games (you may need to win a few) send them a friend request as well. and yea it has been a little better after evo, hopefully more still after the patch.
    3DS friend code : 0232 8273 2994
    ·
  • SoriphenSoriphen Joined: Posts: 42
    It's like a barren wasteland for me on the East Coast. It's disheartening.
    ·
    Whenever you're just playing/labbing it up, considering making a posting in the appropriate matchmaking thread. I usually give a window of time I'll be online (Typically an hour 1/2) where I've committed to training mode, but I'll run a set if anyone invites me. I've found it's been really successful in getting me games and I never spend as much time in training as I actually wanted to in the first place, because people know I'm already there, as opposed to some mentalities that just hang onto the thread waiting for someone to game with them.
    ·
  • SoriphenSoriphen Joined: Posts: 42
    Whenever you're just playing/labbing it up, considering making a posting in the appropriate matchmaking thread. I usually give a window of time I'll be online (Typically an hour 1/2) where I've committed to training mode, but I'll run a set if anyone invites me. I've found it's been really successful in getting me games and I never spend as much time in training as I actually wanted to in the first place, because people know I'm already there, as opposed to some mentalities that just hang onto the thread waiting for someone to game with them.

That's a good idea. I'll try that today.
    ·
    I actually dont have trouble getting games, just stable games
    ·
  • PartialartistPartialartist Joined: Posts: 176
    I've been off this past week. Finally having a pc that doesn't suck, Steam sales, plus downloading and playing new games has occupied my free time. The next few days should allow for some more SG time, though.

The upshot of having a better system is, once the pc version comes out, I'll be able to put up higher quality recordings.
    Skullgirls: Peacock / PSN: TheIdiomatic
    ·
    gets deader every night
    marvel 3 is horrid
    ·
  • SnakeofNinjutsuSnakeofNinjutsu Kallen Kouzuki FTW Joined: Posts: 233
    On the east coast and it takes quite awhile to find games at least a few months ago. Coming from work and having to wait a good amount of minutes to find good games(Or post here) was disappointing. Been playing VF5 and getting quick games online. With Persona and DoA5 on the way, my time with Skullgirls is extremely limited.
    P4A - Elizabeth
    IGAU - Catwoman
    Jojo - Dio/Giorno
    ·
  • KidPandaKidPanda PandaParade Joined: Posts: 305
    I havent really played much lately since a lot of people are waiting on the patch. lately ive only been playing with a close friend late nights as we wait for the patch.
    PSN & XBL: KidPanda14 - SkullGirls (Fortune/ Valentine)
    ·
  • Master ChibiMaster Chibi .: Dynamites! :. Joined: Posts: 14,934 mod
    gets deader every night

come out to mashfests every other monday for skullgirls please :0
    ·
    come out to mashfests every other monday for skullgirls please :0
    No matter how brilliant I think fgs and skullgirls in particular are, I can't risk my job security by driving into the city on Monday nights to play them haha
    At least not for a few months (new job, probationary period)
    marvel 3 is horrid
    ·
  • c3ns0rdc3ns0rd Joined: Posts: 44
    You kidding? I'm showing up to a KOF13 tourney tonight with no prior KOF13 game experience. I know I'm gonna be slammed but I don't care... Gonna be fun!
    ·
  • razberryclownsacrazberryclownsac Shamooooooken Joined: Posts: 100
    I play online every once in a while but get my ass kicked pretty handily. In fact, I dont think Ive won a match yet lol
    ·
    yesterday was actually one of the best days ive had on skullgirls in a long time. got to play about 3 people on my friends list plus found a new guy who uses the same team as me (fortune/bella) who was extremely good using them as well. much fun was had. did take a while to find games in ranked though.
    ·
  • view619view619 ざわ ざわ ざわ Joined: Posts: 1,686
    If you can find 3 different people online for matches within an hour at any time of day, consider yourself lucky. It's pretty much dead now.
    "You can lead a scrub to techniques, but you can't make him think."
    ·
    i basically friend requested anybody i had a good connection with back when the game first came out but yea when none of them is playing its pretty high and dry most of the time. everybody is playing persona 4 for the moment.
    ·
  • view619view619 ざわ ざわ ざわ Joined: Posts: 1,686
    Yeah..I doubt the guys playing Persona are coming back to SG. So, it's going to be slow for a long time.
    "You can lead a scrub to techniques, but you can't make him think."
    ·
  • 0chocolachao00chocolachao0 Your Drunk Roomate Joined: Posts: 160
    I managed to fight someone online! It was fun, even though I died every round. I find it wayy more comfortable fighting in Skullgirls than in Persona 4 because of my incompatibility with air dashing I_I. Unfortunately, SG is dead at the moment, but I hope it'll be revitalized soon.
    Is that girl a boy too?
    I play Skullgirls! Have a match with me please!
    Team: Filiawheel
    PSN: ChocolaChao
    ·
  • DudeDude Joined: Posts: 199 ✭✭
    I managed to fight someone online! It was fun, even though I died every round. I find it wayy more comfortable fighting in Skullgirls than in Persona 4 because of my incompatibility with air dashing I_I. Unfortunately, SG is dead at the moment, but I hope it'll be revitalized soon.

What coast/region are you on? I'm in Seattle, and am always looking for new people to play/friend if the ping is decent (xbl GT: SultanOfSkwirlz)
    ·
  • 0chocolachao00chocolachao0 Your Drunk Roomate Joined: Posts: 160
    What coast/region are you on? I'm in Seattle, and am always looking for new people to play/friend if the ping is decent (xbl GT: SultanOfSkwirlz)

Oh I'm across the world from you. Like New York, East Coast. I don't know if our ping would be good either, considering we're in different consoles :sweat:
    Is that girl a boy too?
    I play Skullgirls! Have a match with me please!
    Team: Filiawheel
    PSN: ChocolaChao
    ·
  • Ben PerkinsBen Perkins Joined: Posts: 6,446 ✭✭✭✭✭
    East Coast

Mah boi :tup:
    ·
  • SpaceOutNightmareSpaceOutNightmare Stays Sandbaggin' Joined: Posts: 2,336 ✭✭
    Season's Beatings will be the litmus test.

Are we dead or not?
    Thinking about redoing BOB tournament for the patch, anyone game?
    ·
  • Ben PerkinsBen Perkins Joined: Posts: 6,446 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are we dead or not?

We are:coffee:

Skullgirls is dead
    SFxT is dead
    Blazblue is dead
    VF5FS is dead
    SF is dead
    Tekken is dead
    SCV is dead
    Tupac is dead
    Roland Beckinson is dead
    Party's Dead
    Island's Dead
    Zombies are dead
    Elvis is dead
    This Horse is dead

Punk, however, is NOT Dead :rock:
    ·
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird New and Improved Joined: Posts: 12,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried to find some games today and I ended up staring at the loading screen for 15 mintues. I'm a patient guy but even I have my limits.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    ·
  • WarbooseWarboose Joined: Posts: 20
    Cmon SG Its A Rally good game.. the other day i play over 4 hours whit a guy. it was really fun. but its always hard to find someone
    PSN: warboose or warbooze dont remember xD
    ·
  • SpaceOutNightmareSpaceOutNightmare Stays Sandbaggin' Joined: Posts: 2,336 ✭✭
    We are:coffee:

Skullgirls is dead
    SFxT is dead
    Blazblue is dead
    VF5FS is dead
    SF is dead
    Tekken is dead
    SCV is dead
    Tupac is dead
    Roland Beckinson is dead
    Party's Dead
    Island's Dead
    Zombies are dead
    Elvis is dead
    This Horse is dead

Punk, however, is NOT Dead :rock:

Is Ska dead?
    Thinking about redoing BOB tournament for the patch, anyone game?
    ·