Concurrent Persona 4 Arena Tier List Discussion

1234568»

Comments

• AnneIFrankAnneIFrank Joined: Posts: 428
    As an Aigis main, I really wanna know what Yukiko can do to us. The MU always starts with me going "well this is mildly annoying, oh wait I can fly" which is when I proceed to superjump, fly in and get a KD, win. Idk if I just don't play good Yukiko players or this is really that frustrating for them.
  • aisightaisight Joined: Posts: 13
    Probably 4:6. Don't think it's any lower than that, given how he works. You can spend the entire match poking him to death and he can still pretty much come back from nothing off one mistake.
    This is what I'd say to describe the matchup against Yukiko. The differences here are that Mitsuru has 9500, not 8500 life, and that in addition to her really safe poking normals she can actually confirm into strong damage. It's not the Elizabeth matchup, but this still feels harder of a matchup than Chie and Teddie, and definitely harder than Labrys, for what it's worth.
  • CorreaCorrea HYPER CATINEL FORCE Joined: Posts: 177
    Life difference shouldn't matter too much, Mitsuru needs to be in to do any damage, which generally should give Kanji more opportunities; Yukiko's happy keeping him full-screen all day. And none of Mitsurus pokes convert into good damage, other than counter-hit 5A on crouching characters (which you still have to crouch-confirm and be either close enough to the corner or OMC if midscreen).

All of her big damage comes from making reads into either 4B, Sweep, 2B anti-air or corner throw, all of which are hard to land on Kanji due to DP, command grab, FC j.C and later in the match, the grab super (this tends to happen a lot if she ever tries to go in).

The proper way to play that match is to stay as safe as possible, avoid taking any risks, watch out for DPs, don't challenge j.C or air grab and poke with 5A (then immediately back off) until he dies, which more or less means giving up on good damage. The only way she can reliably get any real damage is if the Kanji player makes a fairly big mistake.
    PSN: tcorrea
    P4A: Mitsuru
    UMVC3: Doom / Storm / Sentinel
  • AnneIFrankAnneIFrank Joined: Posts: 428
    After dedicating my time to Aegis and labbing and doing all sorts of thing, I gotta say she's the best IMO. The rest of the cast is strong enough to keep up with her. I'm looking at it like this:

Top 5: Aegis, Mitsuru, Chie, Yu, Teddie in any real order.
    Right outside top 5: Akihiko, Yosuke

Then everybody else. The overall design makes it so everybody can bop everybody given a chance, so it works out pretty well.

Also, I gottas disagree with the Aegis - Teddie match on our chart. Teddie's neutral is more than enough to deal with Aigis and he has one of the best answers to deal with her oki and pressure. He's one of 2 characters who can truly get out of her safe oki set ups, he keeps her out and can nuke her zoning, and on top of all that his game works pretty well on her defense. That being said, Aegis is Aegis and can always get a hit > 4k > guess right > death. Teddie is just the only character who really doesn't have to be afraid of her. Slight advantage Teddie, probably 6 - 4.
  • Lord KnightLord Knight MONEY. WOMEN. POWER. Joined: Posts: 242
    Life difference shouldn't matter too much, Mitsuru needs to be in to do any damage, which generally should give Kanji more opportunities; Yukiko's happy keeping him full-screen all day. And none of Mitsurus pokes convert into good damage, other than counter-hit 5A on crouching characters (which you still have to crouch-confirm and be either close enough to the corner or OMC if midscreen).

All of her big damage comes from making reads into either 4B, Sweep, 2B anti-air or corner throw, all of which are hard to land on Kanji due to DP, command grab, FC j.C and later in the match, the grab super (this tends to happen a lot if she ever tries to go in).

The proper way to play that match is to stay as safe as possible, avoid taking any risks, watch out for DPs, don't challenge j.C or air grab and poke with 5A (then immediately back off) until he dies, which more or less means giving up on good damage. The only way she can reliably get any real damage is if the Kanji player makes a fairly big mistake.

to be fair, that round shouldve been over off the first random sweep
  • EmilEmil Joined: Posts: 4,389
    What's the most recent, japanese official (or perhaps semi-official, if it's coming from some specific japanese top player) tierlist for this game?
    KoF98UM - EX Yama, Eiji, Orochi Yashiro | KoF2k2 - Kim, Whip, Athena, Choi |
    Kof13 - Saiki, Shen, Vice | P4U2 - Shadow Labrys, Rise | GGXrd - Bedman
    Apparently it's something like

S (in order): Mitsuru, Chie, Teddie, Aigis, Narukami
    A: Yosuke, Naoto, Shadow Labrys, Yukiko, Akihiko
    B: Labrys, Elizabeth, Kanji
  • LythiumLythium #salty #hashbrown Joined: Posts: 116
    Whoa, Naoto.

How did you get so high up there?
    A and B aren't in order, only the top 5 (S tier) are ordered.
  • LythiumLythium #salty #hashbrown Joined: Posts: 116
    Ah, I see.

Thanks!
1234568»