:k: - Batucada

:d: + :k: - Perch Flop Kick

:f: - Front Stinger
:qcf: + :p: (EX)(CH) - Wheel Kicks

Super Art:

:qcf: + :3p: - Wheel Kicks Sao Paulo Special
"Hey man if I lose to it, I'm pretty sure that makes it braindead." - AceKillah

Comments

• KidigitalKidigital Umvc3: Jill/Dorm/IM (Team Infinity) Persona 4: Naoto Joined: Posts: 30
    Christie is a freaking boss so far.. between her overhead mix ups, hand-stance, and ambiguous dash cancel she is really looking like a force to be reckoned with. Anyone find any interesting tech???
  • TrulyAmiracleTrulyAmiracle Mobility Spammer~ Joined: Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Damn, there wasnt a thread for Christie? no love for the Capoeira swag? =[

Anyways, anyone having issues with trial 17? i keep getting the c.LP~s.MK boost combo instead of her c.LP~ s.MK string, which is impossible to do unless you try to do 2 jabs beforehand (the combo in the trial) -_-

This makes no sense to me lol, was wondering if anyone else is having the same problem or is it just me doing something wrong >_>
    .MVY. ~Mad Vega Yomi~
    [PSN/XBL/Steam: TrulyAmiracle]
    [Claw | Rashid | Laura]
    ~KoFXIV Hype Zone~
    [Mian/Gang-il/Meitenkun | Ralf/Yamazaki/K' | Kensou/Vice/Geese]
    [Lucky Chloe | Poison Ivy | Jacqui | Hisako | Amane | Nyo-Tengu]
    [Saiki/Ralf/Vice | PainWheel/Cerebella/Eliza]
  • KidigitalKidigital Umvc3: Jill/Dorm/IM (Team Infinity) Persona 4: Naoto Joined: Posts: 30
    Yeah man I have the same problem. I just assumed it was glitched because I do the combo it just doesn't register the negativa for some reason. WTF?
  • JetpackJesus808JetpackJesus808 I wish Lee was in SFxT Joined: Posts: 847
    Yeah man I have the same problem. I just assumed it was glitched because I do the combo it just doesn't register the negativa for some reason. WTF?
    You have to delay the sMK slightly for some reason, proabably a bug.
    UMvC3: Skrull/Joe/Akuma  TTT2: Purple/Pheonix  SFxT: Poison/Raven, learning Steve  AE2012: Rose, Sagat
    XBL: JetpackJesus808

• JampJamp Toxic Beauty Joined: Posts: 7,387 mod
    Christie is a freaking boss so far.. between her overhead mix ups, hand-stance, and ambiguous dash cancel she is really looking like a force to be reckoned with. Anyone find any interesting tech???
    I was using her a lot, but didn't make many notes. One thing for sure though, her c.MP is a kick-ass whiff punisher, specially if you have meter.

c.MP > s.HP xx QCF PP, c.LP s.MK (not sure if this chain is correct), HCB HP does over 400 damage if I recall correctly and can punish stuff from nearly halfscreen away.

Neato.
    You have to delay the sMK slightly for some reason, proabably a bug.

oh okay. thanks man.
  • RayartzRayartz Hosenka Reversal Yo! Joined: Posts: 1,790
    I was using her a lot, but didn't make many notes. One thing for sure though, her c.MP is a kick-ass whiff punisher, specially if you have meter.
    c.MP > s.HP xx QCF PP, c.LP s.MK (not sure if this chain is correct), HCB HP does over 400 damage if I recall correctly and can punish stuff from nearly halfscreen away.
    Neato.
    Hmmm... keep me posted. I love me some girl characters -- obviously.
    Chun Li, Juri and Laura - Loyalty for LIFE!
    SFV Goals: To be competent with every character and help others do the same!
    Overwatch: Tracer, D.Va, Junkrat, Mercy, Mei
  • KailKail Joined: Posts: 2,447
    Shit i thought it was just me for trial 17. I can sometimes get it by delaying it, but often it doesn't work. eff that.

Heres the deal. I find her suffering from the viper complex. She starts off being really difficult to learn due to her awkwardness. However, as more and more people play her you will widdle her down until you understand her goals and what she excels at. Example...look at Xaioyu. Players really took that character and said "okay, this is what's good about her so we should be doing this" rather than trying to use EVERYTHING under the sun all the time.

I really wish we had frame data for her.

Edit: I found it a lot easier when I slowed the WHOLE combo down. Hit the two jabs as late as you can, and treat the d.lp xx s.mk as a d.lp > s.mk. You can time it all almost the same rhythm.
  • SollessSolless Needs a better area. Joined: Posts: 623
    Shit i thought it was just me for trial 17. I can sometimes get it by delaying it, but often it doesn't work. eff that.

Heres the deal. I find her suffering from the viper complex. She starts off being really difficult to learn due to her awkwardness. However, as more and more people play her you will widdle her down until you understand her goals and what she excels at. Example...look at Xaioyu. Players really took that character and said "okay, this is what's good about her so we should be doing this" rather than trying to use EVERYTHING under the sun all the time.

Edit: I found it a lot easier when I slowed the WHOLE combo down. Hit the two jabs as late as you can, and treat the d.lp xx s.mk as a d.lp > s.mk. You can time it all almost the same rhythm.
    HA! I saws what you dids there.
    PSN: Solless
    GFWL: InsaneYami
    I got a bottle of liquid courage, and and the best soundtrack for life.
    Go ahead, bring it! :nunchuck:
    What is this ambiguous dash cancel that you speak of?
  • D-D-D-Demon!D-D-D-Demon! Joined: Posts: 6
    So what are people's damage counts so far? I've managed to get up to about 562 damage with three meters with Christie, and about 434 with one bar.
  • Smooth-XSmooth-X Joined: Posts: 6

Does it make a difference if you hold fwd during the two jabs beforehand or not? Strangely enough whenever the combo is blocked/dropped the d.lp, s.mk comes out just perfectly...makes no sense to me.
  • clerksclerks Joined: Posts: 158
    Demon: Not sure if Christie was built to deal big damages. She has very good pokes to punish, to poke and apply pressure on the opponent, getting counterhits.
    Her st.mp is awesome(kind of like Yun's sf4), a shame the range is not bigger(though, it would be too much godlike).
    When I started to train with her, I thought she was kind of low tier, but now, I don't know. Could be really good with a proper partner. I'm playing kuma so the team's synergy is not that good, but that's ok.
    Don't really figured any usefulness to her stance, though. HQF is so good for pressure I don't want to use anything else.
    Can't wait to see her frame data.
  • Intuitive2011Intuitive2011 Cr.Mk XX Hadoken Joined: Posts: 3,468
    I spent some time with Christie in trials/training mode, the range on her normals is insane! Do you guys know that her St.Mk is so good? It was being Ryu's Cr.Mk with great ease!
    "Often times, a loss will strengthen and benefit the player more than a win, so I would say don't be afraid of losing and keeping competing." ~Infiltration
    So, what finishing combos does she have after a launcher from her partner, I can't really figure this one out.
    Didn't experiment much with post-launcher combos, but I was doing c.:lp:, :mk: xx Stinger
  • Vulcan HadesVulcan Hades Flea Stance Tea-bagging Joined: Posts: 1,842
    I thought I would main Alisa but after fooling around with Christie a bit in training mode I think I'll play her instead with Yoshimitsu. :D She's easy to use, does great damage and has good reset potential. Plus she seems to have good air to air normals. Only thing is I wish her forward dash was a little faster and that she had some crumple or bounce properties on some counter hits. Also, I really wish she could Launcher after her ground bounces.

Anyway, I found some nasty setups with my team that are going to make a few people rage I can feel it. :) Can't wait to try them out online.
    Didn't experiment much with post-launcher combos, but I was doing c.:lp:, :mk: xx Stinger
    st.hp (2 hits) xx HP Stinger does more damage btw.
    SFxT - Juri, Yoshimitsu, Christie, Asuka, Marduk, Blanka, Bison, Kuma...
    TTT2 - Yoshimitsu, Christie
    cr.hp xx Stinger does more damage btw.
    At least from what I remember from my tests on the hacked version, c.:hp: doesn't let you combo into her heavy Stinger but the chain does. Heavy Stinger did more damage, doing more damage overall.

However, when comboing into her super, c.:hp: is way better.
    Sorry it's standing fierce. You get the 2 hits then combo into HP Stinger. Yoshi doesn't even launch that high and I can do it consistently.
    Hmm, interesting. Had forgotten about her standing fierce mid-combos, need to re-test my combos.
    I have a bit of an issue with Christie being one of the few Tekken characters without a reliable anti fireball. I know her EX handstand is projectile immune but I mean come on, it doesn't close any gap. How good can a projectile immune stance be if it only can counter from point blank range?
    Yeah, her anti-fireball game is pretty shitty.
    cr.MK goes under Hadokens. That's enough for me. :)

EDIT: Looks like you can also avoid projectiles with Stinger and Twister Sweep. Unfortunately, those moves only hit around sweep range. But at least you can build meter while avoiding projectiles this way.

Chun Li and Guile are going to be a bitch though..
  • RayartzRayartz Hosenka Reversal Yo! Joined: Posts: 1,790
    cr.MK goes under Hadokens.

Haha, that is awesome. that was my way around Hadoken's with Chun Li (her Cr. Mp goes under them too)

I'm liking what you guys are saying about Christie. Looks like I may be coming back for her and Dudley.
    Chun Li, Juri and Laura - Loyalty for LIFE!
    SFV Goals: To be competent with every character and help others do the same!
    Overwatch: Tracer, D.Va, Junkrat, Mercy, Mei
  • rayplayrayplay aka solidoutlaw Joined: Posts: 2,810
    So, what bnb's do you all have for her so far?
    PSN: rayplay
    Best widowmaker in North Korea.
    "He's gonna switch to wireless mid greed sever."
  • SpagettSpagett Joined: Posts: 22
    In the video thread gridman shows that christie has a mini vortex because even if they roll there still in range for her to start her 50/50's that end in a knock down
    SFxT: Dudley/Christie
    UMvC3:Nova/Spencer/Frank
    SF4AE: Dudley
  • Intuitive2011Intuitive2011 Cr.Mk XX Hadoken Joined: Posts: 3,468
    In the video thread gridman shows that christie has a mini vortex because even if they roll there still in range for her to start her 50/50's that end in a knock down
    Can you link to that video please?
    "Often times, a loss will strengthen and benefit the player more than a win, so I would say don't be afraid of losing and keeping competing." ~Infiltration

It's at 28:00
    It's a pretty weak vortex though since it's useless vs backdash, gets blown up on block and loses to reversals and alpha counters. Not to mention you don't really get much damage out of it (between 140 and 184 when the risk is losing half your life).

So, what bnb's do you all have for her so far?
    Right now I hit confirm usiing j.mk, st.lp, cr.lp, st.mk xx LP/EX Wheel Kicks, cr.lp, st.mk xx HP Stinger (301/349)

And I punish with j.hk, cs.hp (2 hits) xx LP/EX Wheel Kicks, cr.lp, st.mk xx HP Stinger (387/451).
    It's a pretty weak vortex though since it's useless vs backdash, gets blown up on block and loses to reversals and alpha counters. Not to mention you don't really get much damage out of it (between 140 and 184 when the risk is losing half your life).

Right now I hit confirm usiing j.mk, st.lp, cr.lp, st.mk xx LP Wheel Kicks, cr.lp, st.mk xx HP Stinger.

And I punish with j.hk, cs.hp (2 hits) xx LP Wheel Kicks, cr.lp, st.mk xx HP Stinger.
    I'm confused. How are you following up LP stinger if it knocks down?
    You quoted me while I was editing my post. :sweat: I of course meant LP Wheel Kicks.
    You quoted me while I was editing my post. :sweat: I of course meant LP Wheel Kicks.
    Lol. Thanks.
    What is Christie's most reliable anti air's? I haven't been able to play that much and what are your bnb's after launcher as well?
  • Kyosuke NEOKyosuke NEO Ara? Joined: Posts: 495
    C.HP looks like a really good anti-air; it can even hit people from behind sometimes from what I've seen. I've been wondering if Christie had any sort of invincibility on any of her specials that I might be missing here. I haven't found anything with her normal specials. The EX versions of them don't seem to yield much either. HP and EX Stringer seem like they can avoid some stuff due to the backdash animation before it hits, but, I don't know if that’s really something to rely on in a tough spot.
    EX Handstand goes through projectiles, though you're kind of stuck there without any way to move forward until you get out of stance.

Edit: So I made a really quick video showing off some stuff I use with Christie, I figured I'd put it here and in the video thread so people can use it for inspiration or whatnot, nothing really fancy, just basic stuff that gets the job done for me.

This is actually my first time doing anything like this as far as learning videos for characters goes, so I apologize if anything's unclear.
    All the ways Christie can keep the opponent standing for a mixup reset follow up:

-ABC chain ending with s.hp xx Switch
    -Rasteila Chibata (c.lp, s.mk, c.hk, s.lk) last attack hits twice so you can tag cancel it
    -f.hk xx Switch
    -Hit confirm into Island Mirage (f.mk) into Helicopter/Batucada xx Switch
    -MP Wheel Kicks xx Switch
    -EX Twister Sweep or EX Batucada xx Switch (Christie remains on screen for a while which allows for funny and interesting sandwich situations)
  • KappaKappa Joined: Posts: 1
    s.hk goes under hadokens too, its great to move forward
  • k-wixk-wix Joined: Posts: 4
    If you get knocked down, what are some good options for Christie on wakeup? It doesn't look like a single one of her special moves, EX or otherwise has a single frame of invincibility so it looks like backdash/block/ultimate are really her only viable choices? Did I miss something?
    It looks like her target combo... What's it... It's like f.hk, d.hk. The one that ends in the wall bounce....

The first hit looks completely safe on guard. Also. The gap created by the two hits can be mashed through but against ryu jab I always got counter hit... Still get the wall bounce though. Same for dps. Can be launched and invincible moves will beat it (ex.shoryuken).

Looks like a decent move. Wonder if we can tag during it safely. It creates a fair amount of block stun.
  • ArcheophantArcheophant slow walker Joined: Posts: 99
    anyone here find some good combos that use handstand moves? or... any creative ways to use them? I havn't logged much time with her but want to use her. There has to be some exciting ways to demoralize your opponent with a handstand or two. I just feel like im hanging out there once i go into handstand mode.
    Her hanstand moves are excellent for tag cancels.

You could also setup some high/lows with them I suppose.
  • ArcheophantArcheophant slow walker Joined: Posts: 99
    I noticed that even if you tag cancel off of hand stand.... if you blow it and dont get the combo on the tag in, she is sitting there like an idiot onher hands waiting to get hit. it happend to me actually on a bad tag in.
  • PandaBearyPandaBeary Cuddle Fuddle Joined: Posts: 20
    If you tag in on her EX Handstand moves she stays there for the automatic front stinger which still hits. My friend and I were fooling around in the briefing room and we came up with this corner combo with King as a partner:

j.hk st.hp xx qcf.lp cr.lp st.hp xx qcf.kk helicopter(switch) uf.mk uf.mk uf.mk (christie hits) qcb.lp

Not terribly meter efficient but I think it looks funny. Gonna mess around on my own and see if i can find some more stuff with it
    On the topic of Handstand and EX Handstand moves, I really think that aside from using them to tag a partner in safely, a large majority of their use is going to come from Cross Assault setups.
  • GenistarGenistar Master Drayden Joined: Posts: 4,874

Right now I hit confirm usiing j.mk, st.lp, cr.lp, st.mk xx LP/EX Wheel Kicks, cr.lp, st.mk xx HP Stinger (301/349)

And I punish with j.hk, cs.hp (2 hits) xx LP/EX Wheel Kicks, cr.lp, st.mk xx HP Stinger (387/451).

You can probably mix that vortex up with a throw and overhead. So they'll have a 1/3 chance of getting out safe with a roll. Other wise it won't work if they sit there and block like normal people.
    USF4:Mains Rose/Poison/Akuma
    Street fighter V Akuma/Mika/Kolin

How are you going to mixup with throw if you're at sweep range?

But yeah I guess she can also mixup using EX Twister Sweep and EX Stinger.

Stinger seems so slow though, feels like 30 start up or something like that.. At least all versions are safe on block.
    It looks like her target combo... What's it... It's like f.hk, d.hk. The one that ends in the wall bounce....

The first hit looks completely safe on guard. Also. The gap created by the two hits can be mashed through but against ryu jab I always got counter hit... Still get the wall bounce though. Same for dps. Can be launched and invincible moves will beat it (ex.shoryuken).

Looks like a decent move. Wonder if we can tag during it safely. It creates a fair amount of block stun.

I also did some testings on this.

f.hk is safer on block than it is on hit. On block it can't be punished by Ryu's Super. But on hit Ryu can punish it with his Sweep so she's at least -5. But f.hk hits twice so on hit you can always tag cancel it and go for a combo. If both hits get blocked and you tag cancel you are not only safe but you are at around +4/+5 so you can true blockstring with a 4 frame normal. If only one hit gets blocked and you tag cancel you're not safe but you can stop your partner's run early and be out of HP/EX Shoryuken range.

The gap between f.hk and hk is also smaller if f.hk is blocked. If f.hk hits, then Ryu can stick a shoryuken in between and beat the hk follow up clean. But if f.hk gets blocked, then Shoryuken trades and you still get the ground bounce. Also, any limb they try to stick out in between will almost always lose or trade no matter if f.hk hits or gets blocked. Bad news is that the hk follow up doesn't even reach if f.hk gets blocked (unless they stick a limb in there).

If f.hk hits, the hk follow up loses to: Reversals, backdash and stand block

If f.hk gets blocked, the hk follow up loses to: doing nothing, backdash and neutral jump

s.hk goes under hadokens too, its great to move forward
    Nice find. I tested this more.

fs.hk can indeed go under hadokens but at the range you'll need to be for it to hit, you pretty much have to do it on anticipation. You have to hit fs.hk before the hadoken even appears on the screen. It's still possible to do it on reaction I guess (reacting to the hadoken startup animation) but it's pretty hard.

Good thing about fs.hk is that it's special cancellable so you can potentially punish Hadokens with fs.hk xx LP Wheel Kicks, c.lp, s.mk xx HP Stinger for 338 damage.

And if you just throw it out at mid range expecting a hadoken, remember that it's not safe on block but can be made safer if you cancel it into LP Wheel Kicks/LP Stinger or CADC backwards. Also, max range fs.hk xx Launcher on block puts Christie outside of Ryu's Sweep range so that's cool too. Though I think Ryu might still be able walk up and Sweep.

Like Kappa mentioned, it's also good to close distance while avoiding hadokens. However, I only recommend using it this way at full screen distance or from far away. Any closer than that and Christie is vulnerable to a full punish combo.

Note: Neither c.mk or fs.hk can go under Guile's Sonic Booms or Chun Li's fireballs. So it only works on a few characters like Ryu, Ken, Akuma and maybe a few more (haven't tested vs Dhalsim and others).
  • Kyosuke NEOKyosuke NEO Ara? Joined: Posts: 495
    I finally got in some actual matches in today with Christie, so, I got a chance to figure out how well EX Stinger works for getting out of pressure. I used it a lot against a Lars and Cody player, who was running some sick pressure strings, and, every time I used Stinger it got me out of it and always managed to connect against him. Very rarely was he able to hit me out of the backup animation, and, I think it hits overhead since I caught him with while he was crouching a lot.

I decided to run to the lab in order to do some testing against some multi-hitting moves. It doesn’t seem as reliable against them, but, I only tested this with Dudley’s MGB. It was always a mix bag. EX Stinger either got beaten clean, Beat MGB cleanly, or, it ended up trading in Christie’s favor.
  • DemarcusDemarcus スピ、本当? Joined: Posts: 770
    Some vids from myself

If you didn't know, She has a stance feint that builds meter and that's why you see me abusing it in mid range games. You can also use it to make her unsafe normals like Stand fierce safe. You can look at my tags and things as well. This is my Day 1 Christie I think I am on the right track.
    Great stuff with that feint meter build man, that'll definitely come in handy.