Your biggest disappointments this gen?

FaceMeAndBeBrokenFaceMeAndBeBroken FUCK JAPANESE STICKSJoined: Posts: 2,989 ✭✭✭
The other thread has me thinking. What are your personal biggest disappointments this gaming generation?

I can definitely say that there more facepalm worthy purchases this gen than ever before.

Biggest personal ones:

Mass Effect 3 - made the hundreds of hours in previous games 100% meaningless

Marvel VS Capcom 3 - wasn't even a complete game

Street Fighter X Tekken - Is it a coincidence that it came the same day as Mass Effect 3?

Gran Turismo 5 - I waited how long for THAT?

Test Drive Unlimited 2 - After the first TDU was such a sleeper hit?

Import Tuner Challenge - new gen sequel to Tokyo Xtreme Racer? Much less content than previous titles.

WWE games - still uses tons of assets from the PS2 era games, and they REMOVE shit every year, that hackers find still on the disc.
Playing: GTA Online. Saints Row 4. WWE2K14. Killer Instinct. Forza 5.
XBL DiegoElFuego

Comments

• Amazing FunbagsAmazing Funbags The J-Cup Lover Joined: Posts: 15,211 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • SNAAAAKESNAAAAKE keptyouwaitinghuh Joined: Posts: 9,203 ✭✭✭✭✭
    shitXshit
    you must defeat my Shen Long to receive the reward

• moyospeedmoyospeed Joined: Posts: 72
    GT5 for sure- the whole standard vs premium cars fiasco, missing classic tracks etc etc polyphony digital dropped the ball
    SSX- wtf was that shit
    Socom4- Socom was once the king, they need to just give us Socom2HD, we already done petitions
    Ultimate hyper scrub technique
  • Monster637Monster637 Rage Trigger Joined: Posts: 1,069 ✭✭
    strekken, the dbz games, mw3
    Sent From under Your bed......Using Your MOM!!!
    GT5 for sure- the whole standard vs premium cars fiasco, missing classic tracks etc etc polyphony digital dropped the ball
    SSX- wtf was that shit
    Socom4- Socom was once the king, they need to just give us Socom2HD, we already done petitions
    LOL i liked SSX basically tony hawk on ice
  • BoodendorfBoodendorf Imposing your will is a matter of strength. Joined: Posts: 1,464
    Sega delaying US/EU release of Anarchy Reigns.
    ._.
    "‎I don't know if you've ever let someone down, got your ass kicked or straight up failed. But those are the moments that define us. They push you further than you've ever thought possible, and force you to make choices. No matter what the cost." — Cole MacGrath
    Check out my youtube channel here!
    Skullgirls: Hamburger/Befstróganov/Filet Mignon ლ(´ڡ`ლ)
  • Jack_FrostJack_Frost M.C Joined: Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amazingfunbags

or is he last gen?

either way :coffee:
    I gotta dig bick. You that read wrong. That awkward when you read that wrong also. And said 'moment' after awkward
  • SNAAAAKESNAAAAKE keptyouwaitinghuh Joined: Posts: 9,203 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL i liked SSX basically tony hawk on ice

+1

thats good progress actually
    you must defeat my Shen Long to receive the reward

blazblue. not the gameplay or the story, just the way it was handled ct cs cs ex.......multiple splits in a tiny community and should have all been addons to Calamity trigger , those games feel like my biggest waste of money
  • EffenhoogEffenhoog fish are friends Joined: Posts: 1,450 ✭✭
    pretty much everything

the only games that didn't were Dark Souls and various games that I wasn't really excited about to begin with and turned out somewhat better than I expected
    They call me Gamma Ray because I'm Forward Back Forward Back Down-Back Down Down-Forward Forward Hard Slash
    The UFC games are up there to forgot about them
  • NickRocksNickRocks On the west side I'm screaming FUCK KD Joined: Posts: 15,166 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MvC3 was the biggest disappointment of my life :(
  • FrostyAUFrostyAU Lynx in your sinks Joined: Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually like SxT so fuck you inevitable shit storm of haters.

GTV was a big disappointment for me, hugely hyped, a huge amount to live up to and it couldn't even have usable menus.

I really didn't like HDR either, the definitive edition of SFII, Super Turbo 2 you say? What a load of crap. That game is ass compared to ST.

I'd claim the Call of Duty games are disappointing but honestly I don't have any expectations, I know they'll be shit when I buy them, I just buy them because it's addictive collecting points for things online while mindlessly holding down right trigger.
    SFxT - Ryu / Nina
    SFIV - Guile , Honda
    TTT2 - Nina / Ganryu
    Injustice - Green Arrow
  • WrathWrath Modder and BlazBlue Fan Joined: Posts: 211
    The implementation of Xbox Live, the douchebags that ran to the possibility of trolling online (in FPS games), the over saturation of FPS titles (and degradation of previous ones...why did Splinter Cell need autoshoot and neck stabs?!), and seeing both MK9 and SFxT at EVO while BlazBlue was dropped despite having an amazing training mode, sharp graphics, and a nice handling system.
    thank you so much dood. I feel alot more prepared now
    -Mr.Nannie
    ^^ that's a prinny in disguise O.O
    PSN: xXFierywrathXx
  • akuaku ☆ねぇ!☆ Joined: Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
    Mega Man X for the iPhone. I didn't buy it, but just watching a gameplay vid with all the features shown made me realize just how little Capcom really cares anymore.
  • specsspecs Excuse me, princess! Joined: Posts: 6,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This gen? The Mario games that didn't have "Mario Galaxy" or "Mario & Luigi" in their titles. Shitty level design, no level editors despite seeing the obvious tools used in their construction, Wii-mote gimmickry, and it goes on like this.

This gen's Metroid and Zelda games. Metroid Prime 1 on GC was last gen, I think, but if not it's the only exception along with Wind Waker.

Nintendo this gen in general, with some very rare exceptions.

If Halo 4 does the whole experience grind noise far too many FPSes are incorporating, fuck it too.

Here's a pre-emptive "fuck you" to Doom 4 while I'm at it.

GTV was a big disappointment for me, hugely hyped, a huge amount to live up to and it couldn't even have usable menus.

I really didn't like HDR either, the definitive edition of SFII, Super Turbo 2 you say? What a load of crap. That game is ass compared to ST.

I'd claim the Call of Duty games are disappointing but honestly I don't have any expectations, I know they'll be shit when I buy them, I just buy them because it's addictive collecting points for things online while mindlessly holding down right trigger.

This is a remarkably silly post. You like SFxT and hate on HDR which already sours me on anything you have to say, but then you shit on CoD (which I don't even care about) despite saying you'll buy them just to mindlessly grind.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh.

Gamers this gen are the most disappointing of all.
    http://hfm.wtf — Pondering Entertainment
  • wiredgodwiredgod Joined: Posts: 461
    The Wii, just in general. Any trust I had in Nintendo is irreparably broken.
    PSN: wiredgod
    BB: Carl
    P4A: Teddie / Shadow Labrys
    Skullgirls: Peacock / PW / Filia
    The Wii, just in general. Any trust I had in Nintendo is irreparably broken.
    This gens biggest console seller that we all use for door jams and dust collectors and bookholders
  • Keepin'em HonestKeepin'em Honest The most honest person on the entire internet. Joined: Posts: 517 ✭✭✭
    1. MVC3 & UMVC3 - I just don't like what they did to it.
    2. Blazblue - Far too many updates, way too fast.
    "I'm not a cynic, I just have standards. And right now, nothin meets'em and I blame all of you. If everyone felt like me, we'd all have better shit."
    -ME-
  • rice54635rice54635 Rice >:3 Joined: Posts: 129
    Duke Shit-em
    SKEET SKEET MOTHERFUCKER
  • SF-Zero2SF-Zero2 Pronounced AlphaZero Joined: Posts: 1,373
    Ninja Gaiden 3
    Mass Effect 3......which may have killed my will to ever give a shit about a game storyline again.
    Shadowrun being brought back as first person shooter that had nothing to with Shadowrun.
    Sony.......they just seemed pretty confused most of this generation.
    The Wii....it's a trick, get an axe
  • Kinniku BusterKinniku Buster Party Astronaut Joined: Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty much everything.
    If you don't realize who this is by now than you'll never know.
    -SH

I hate your favorite game.
  • Legendary HoamaruLegendary Hoamaru OG P. Barnes Joined: Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    3DS region locking.

Stop it. Stop that motherfucking bullshit. Stop region locking in general. I thought the Sony's openness with regions would knock some sense into the other two. Hell, even the DS wasn't region locked. Why go backwards? (I know why, but fuck that why).
    Step back ~ P. Barnes

XBL: Legend Hoamaru
    NNID: LegendHoamaru
  • pheraipherai LIVE FOREVER Joined: Posts: 11,504 mod
    Super SF4 and onward
    :clapdos: www.playthirdstrike.com :clapdos:
    smgdesu: if you want to be top player you should eat hella ramen
    smgdesu: all top players like ramen

Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
  • Xero KaiserXero Kaiser Adeptus Astartes Joined: Posts: 487
    -Diablo 3. Probably my biggest disappointment of this or any other gen. A step back and a letdown in almost every respect, I honestly don't know what Blizzard spent all that time on.

-Asura's Wrath. Nice cutscenes. Too bad they didn't come with much of a game.

-Fable 2&3. I still liked the first game even though it didn't live up to all it's promises. By the time the sequels rolled around it was clear they were more interested in making you hold hands or how many stupid emotes/expressions/whatever they could make rather than making a decent game.

-The Force Unleashed. I don't get it, because It seems like all the parts are there. Nice combat system, nice graphics, cool powers, etc. But for some reason this series never quite comes together like it should. I still like the games, but I just get the feeling like they could be so much more. I hope they nail it in the future.
  • fizzywoemacfizzywoemac Team Pwendines Joined: Posts: 383 ✭✭✭
    All i gotta say is banjo-kazooie nuts and bolts. I don't give a shit about anything else
    Counterpicking Sagat with Honda since forever
  • EvilSamuraiEvilSamurai Joined: Posts: 2,614
    Diablo 3
    Every Bioware game
    Fable series
    Ninja Gaiden 3
    Duke Nukem Forever
    Consolized FPS and RPG games.
    All Nintendo shit except for Mario Galaxy and Fire Emblem.
  • Virtua_LeonVirtua_Leon Gal me seeeerious Joined: Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭
    Gta4, what a let down, and i bet gta5 is just as shit
    AAAAAAAAS WE ENTER!
  • Amazing FunbagsAmazing Funbags The J-Cup Lover Joined: Posts: 15,211 ✭✭✭✭✭

As somebody that tried REAL hard to like SFXT, there was simply too much wrong with it. Yes there are a few good things here and there but it has some REALLY awful design choices.
    Boobologist Ph.D
  • GomuGomuGomuGomu Strider Sucks Joined: Posts: 8,402 ✭✭✭✭✭
    - SFxT. Didn't even buy it.

- Asura's Wrath. Found out what the game was really about after playing the Demo and doing a bunch of research. Decided not to buy. I should've expected no less from CC2

- Character Picks for UMVC3

- Starhawk. thought the new direction was great and was pretty hyped because I loved Warhawk. Ultimately, after playing for a while I just didn't like how much was changed. Decided not to buy.

- Seeing the new DMC and hearing who was developing it.
    Strider still sucks.

This is a remarkably silly post. You like SFxT and hate on HDR which already sours me on anything you have to say, but then you shit on CoD (which I don't even care about) despite saying you'll buy them just to mindlessly grind.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh.

Gamers this gen are the most disappointing of all.

It's not silly at all, here, I'll help.

1. I like SxT because it's innovative, like the innovations or dislike them, it doesn't play like a copy of SFIV. I get a lot of people hate it, a lot of people are sheep and follow popular opinion without bothering to substantiate any actual opinions they didn't google. I don't hate the game, it's a really fun game with some interesting characters, team compositions and combos and I have tense matches in it.

2. HDR is an inferior version of a great game, I could play HDR if I had no alternative, or I could, you know, plug in my PS2. I'd rather plug in my PS2.

3. Every now and then I feel like shooting something, I have friends that play, it's a time waster, it's the sort of game you pick up and play for fifteen minutes or three hours and get your fill either way, it depends what mood you're in. I don't look for anything meaningful from it, it's just a step up from blankly staring at whatever is on television in my mind.
    SFxT - Ryu / Nina
    SFIV - Guile , Honda
    TTT2 - Nina / Ganryu
    Injustice - Green Arrow
  • girlystylegirlystyle Only plays Fugazi Joined: Posts: 1,804

this is the most disappointing thing
    people only pay attention to me because of my vagina awesome penis
  • NegativeEdgeNegativeEdge Not a G Joined: Posts: 152
    Complaining fans, threads like this.

Agree with the guy above Frosty, SFxT is fun/innovative.
    Complaining fans, threads like this.

Agree with the guy above Frosty, SFxT is fun/innovative.

Because we should like everything right?
    Strider still sucks.
  • RokmodeRokmode preppy asked me to change my title rip meaty mud flap Joined: Posts: 7,921 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I saw that diablo had boobs
    THIS WEBSITE SUCKS GIANT HORSE @#$@#$@!@$
    Youtube(random doom TAC help, doom combos, ammy stuff, shuma combos and tech): http://www.youtube.com/user/Clickclakmoo?feature=mhee Danke on shuma gorath: "He who sleeps but shouldn't have costed me 5 dollars."
    Because we should like everything right?

There isn't anything wrong with giving a game a chance and genuinely disliking it. There isn't anything really wrong with not getting a game in the first place, I mean, it's your money, you can do with it what you want. I don't care either way. I care that the very mention of the game gets you flamed by a bunch of illiterate trolls who actually have no idea what they're talking about and rephrase the statement that the last guy that bagged the game made, if that. Half the arguments against the game are completely unfounded and drawn from some randomly Googled thread on Gamefaqs.

I don't like VFV, the game isn't fun to me. Do I think it's a bad game? No, I don't. 90% or more of the people that dislike SxT do it out of following the pack mentality, or they equate their distaste for something as it being a crap game, which it isn't. It needs polish, but Capcom did pretty damn well given the roster size and the amount of new systems they crammed into it.
    SFxT - Ryu / Nina
    SFIV - Guile , Honda
    TTT2 - Nina / Ganryu
    Injustice - Green Arrow
  • SaranghaSarangha Look within yourself Joined: Posts: 4,256 ✭✭✭✭✭
    -Shenmue never coming out this gen even though Yu Suzuki hinted at it in the beginning
    -Capcom fighting games
    -RE:ORC
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/comment/8449745/#Comment_8449745

“If you do not pour water on your plant, what will happen? It will slowly wither and die. Our habits will also slowly wither and die away if we do not give them an opportunity to manifest. You need not fight to stop a habit. Just don’t give it an opportunity to repeat itself. (67)”
    ― Swami Satchidananda, The Yoga Sutras

“For those who have an intense urge for Spirit and wisdom, it sits
    near them, waiting.”
    ― Patanjali, The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali

Nostalgia=Drug

• RedVegaRedVega Joined: Posts: 768 ✭✭✭
    I don't know if you can call this a disappointment exactly, but my beef isn't necessarily with any game. I'm just kind of pissed that the FGC has let stream monsters increase the leverage on a game's future or present.
  • RedVegaRedVega Joined: Posts: 768 ✭✭✭
    Shenmue never coming out this gen even though Yu Suzuki hinted at it in the begging.
    The possibility is still there as crazy as it sounds buddy =]

Earlier this year Suzuki-san was still optimistic and recently it was revealed that Shenmue HD will be released on PSN/XBL which is probably a gauging tool.
  • DramatixDramatix Bullshit at your convenience. Joined: Posts: 3,101 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would say that the WWE games bug me. I don't play them, my best friend does, and they all look the same to me. There maybe a few tweaks and junk, but other than that, it looks the same as the last game, like there are no chances at all. It's like they just took the last game and recycled it by adding a few extras and called it a day.
    "Everyone in here has had someone who tried to convince them that they were sexually harassed, and you did not believe them because they were not cute."
  • DanDanDanDan Yeah! Joined: Posts: 1,209 ✭✭
    MVC3 - I tried to like it, but the 100 year otg windows, and slow ass dashes :tdown:
    SFxT - Again, tried to like it, but it's even slower than IV. Only character I bothered with was Rolento.
    Game music for SF games. They really lost their touch...
    KOF and AE 2012
  • wiredgodwiredgod Joined: Posts: 461
    As a non-expert in ST, what was wrong with HDR?
    PSN: wiredgod
    BB: Carl
    P4A: Teddie / Shadow Labrys
    Skullgirls: Peacock / PW / Filia

overall the game is slower, which is meh for some people.
    other then that it really comes down to your preference of balance choices.

i really like the balance in ST, but I think some of the decisions for HDR are really fucking wonky.

Also the all the HD art looks incredibly bad.
  • marshunmarshun sneeze NB tween Joined: Posts: 540
    I'm pretty annoyed at how the masses just eat up this no hands "controller" garbage.
    :smokin::wow::confused::blah::love::party::wtf:>:(:mad::wasted::pray:

Seriously Likeable! as of 4:40 PM 4/11/2012 at

Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
    There isn't anything wrong with giving a game a chance and genuinely disliking it. There isn't anything really wrong with not getting a game in the first place, I mean, it's your money, you can do with it what you want. I don't care either way. I care that the very mention of the game gets you flamed by a bunch of illiterate trolls who actually have no idea what they're talking about and rephrase the statement that the last guy that bagged the game made, if that. Half the arguments against the game are completely unfounded and drawn from some randomly Googled thread on Gamefaqs.

I don't like VFV, the game isn't fun to me. Do I think it's a bad game? No, I don't. 90% or more of the people that dislike SxT do it out of following the pack mentality, or they equate their distaste for something as it being a crap game, which it isn't. It needs polish, but Capcom did pretty damn well given the roster size and the amount of new systems they crammed into it.

I hear you about the sheep mentality that goes on around here and other places. Me personally, there was too many things I didn't like about it, and playing it for a while solidified my thoughts on the game. I was one of those who were hyped for it and tried to get others on board until I played it for myself.

Another game I forgot to mention was Resistance 2 multiplayer. R:FOM was one of the most godlike online experiences early in the PS3s life imo; the community was great and the game was great online. R2 stripped everything that was good about the first one and tried to mold it into the same COD template as many other games this gen.
    Strider still sucks.
  • mowrmowr B-L-A-C-K ✝ S-A-B-B-A-T-H Joined: Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm still trying to figure out how exactly Capcom managed to fuck up the very first Street Fighter vs. Tekken game THIS monumentally.
    Nothing is good anymore.
  • akuaku ☆ねぇ!☆ Joined: Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭

A lot of players disagreed with the character changes and also didn't like the new aesthetics. It's arguably better balanced, but some of the tweaks and nerfs just didn't settle well and it ended up not being as fun as the original.

I think its really okay that you like the game, but I think some people have enough solid problems with it that point to the design decisions that suggest the game, in their eyes, might be bad. I don't think its fair just to right it off as "pack mentality" when THIS many people have problems with it, and then those problems and numbers are reflected by tournament support.
  • SF-Zero2SF-Zero2 Pronounced AlphaZero Joined: Posts: 1,373
    A lot of players disagreed with the character changes and also didn't like the new aesthetics. It's arguably better balanced, but some of the tweaks and nerfs just didn't settle well and it ended up not being as fun as the original.

Was there something wrong with the Classic Arcade settings? You still had the HDR backgrounds, but could use the original character models....did they screw that up?