Reveal trailers for Sackboy, Dante, Spike and R&C
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    ·
  • MendisMendis Joined: Posts: 264
    Can we call this game "Sony Smash Brothers"?
    ·
  • factory9factory9 ARCANA HEARTO TWEEEE Joined: Posts: 985 ✭✭
    Can we call this game "Sony Smash Brothers"?
    But that would imply it plays anything like Smash, which is absolutely not the case by any means.
    ·
  • MendisMendis Joined: Posts: 264
    But that would imply it plays anything like Smash, which is absolutely not the case by any means.

Man, if it looks like a duck and sounds like a duck, then it is as duck.

The only thing Sony did different with the game is taking away the percentages mechanics, which ... are the best feature in the Super Smash Bros. franchise, since it adds a lot more tension to the game and you try to play better and not gather too many %.
    Getting hit and giving the opponent meter for easy kills ... meh, it just looks like you could care less, even though it's not good for business as well.
    ·
  • Cannonspike1994Cannonspike1994 Joined: Posts: 311
    Lara Motherfucking Croft needs to be in this game.
    I used to play tekken but now im a street fighter player.
    ·
  • factory9factory9 ARCANA HEARTO TWEEEE Joined: Posts: 985 ✭✭
    Man, if it looks like a duck and sounds like a duck, then it is as duck.

The only thing Sony did different with the game is taking away the percentages mechanics, which ... are the best feature in the Super Smash Bros. franchise, since it adds a lot more tension to the game and you try to play better and not gather too many %.
    Getting hit and giving the opponent meter for easy kills ... meh, it just looks like you could care less, even though it's not good for business as well.

well our duck here only kind of looks like a duck

Definitely doesn't walk or sound like a duck though. Besides the obvious:

-button layouts are different IIRC
    -combos work more like traditional fighters with the lack of DI mechanics
    -blocking instead of shields
    -no airdodges of any kind
    ·
  • JohnGrimmJohnGrimm A.K.A. JohnXuandou Joined: Posts: 2,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why are people still posting in this thread? The contest is over and there's an actual PASBR thread up with actual discussion.
    You lack devotion! Enduring hunger and poverty is how you find the way!
    ·
  • cmurdercmurder Joined: Posts: 1
    I like that this game because It mainly has mainly sony characters which I believe are better than nintendo characters. I like the fact that there are 2nd and 3rd level specials unlike nintendo's where there's only one, though I am expecting some type of ring outs on some of the boards maybe. I would love to get a code for this game as I have been waiting for a couple of years for something like this to happen. thanks for reading this and I hope to hear from you guys soon.
    ·
  • Rhio2kRhio2k Senior Member Joined: Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    -combos work more like traditional fighters with the lack of DI mechanics

That's what I like about this game. At first I was thinking "Damn, this is just Smash with Sony characters". But then I saw that these characters have actual 1 vs 1 fighter-style combos instead of just button mashes and omni-directional specials. This game is looking hella attractive. I can't wait to see how well TTT2 Heihachi (and Jin, if the leak list was correct) transitions to this game.
    Roger: Well, Anita's pregnant, and-
    Cruella: Well, what can I say? Accidents will happen.
    Roger: We're having puppies, too.
    Cruella: *Gasp* Puppies!? *Leer* My, you have been a busy boy!
    ·
  • Sin_ScissorsSin_Scissors Joined: Posts: 1
    Im looking forward to dante, and another platforming fighter as a whole. I already love the cast as well as some of the throwback supers. Hoping to see this game at evo!
    ·
  • KarriedKarried Joined: Posts: 143
    Clear bias thread, why does this get it's own Sticky? Lol. Wow. I can take a good guess.
    ·
  • JohnGrimmJohnGrimm A.K.A. JohnXuandou Joined: Posts: 2,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Clear bias thread, why does this get it's own Sticky? Lol. Wow. I can take a good guess.
    It got a sticky because SRK was giving out beta keys and this was how they ran the contest. The contest is over. Stop being stupid and let the thread end so the actual discussion thread can keep going.
    You lack devotion! Enduring hunger and poverty is how you find the way!
    ·
  • KarriedKarried Joined: Posts: 143
    It got a sticky because SRK was giving out beta keys and this was how they ran the contest. The contest is over. Stop being stupid and let the thread end so the actual discussion thread can keep going.

Yeah "stupid" totally could of guessed that from the title/OP when I clicked on this forum. But thanks for letting me know.
    ·
  • Austin RohnAustin Rohn Joined: Posts: 1
    I'm looking forward to taking down Parappa for his terrible educational songs, and I love the characters and moves so far!
    ·
  • The_Last_BangarangThe_Last_Bangarang Joined: Posts: 11
    SPAS:BR- Seems like it has some interesting concepts. The level 1-3 power ups look like it could be a game changer if timed right. I like the fact the characters are starting to stand out compared to the Nintendo SB series. The fact that Sony is going to go again Nintendo is something worth looking into. I think the stages look pretty good. Some close and some spread out. I like that sony has not confirmed nor denied any of the leaked characters. They are playing as if it never happen and that is smart of them. I cant tell but i hope the air dodge system is directional like. That would make this game Great!
    ·
  • PiccoroPiccoro Joined: Posts: 72
    Yay, I've been selected to the Beta trial! I'm so happy right now, I can't wait till I get home and try this.

I'm a SSB Brawl fan, but this one looks very interesting.

So, any other beta testers here in SRK wanna fight me?
    PSN: PiccoroDaimaoh
    ·
  • truendymiontruendymion Beer Me! Joined: Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭
    I got to play yesterday at the PSBR event held at iam8bit. Game was pretty fun, I really liked Ratchet and Fat Princess. We only got to play 4v4 free for all so it was hard to really figure out what the game was all about. I imagine 2v2 teams and 1v1 is alot less random and more fun... Heard rumors that Ratchet is top tier lol.
    ·
  • Optimus CackOptimus Cack yes man kablam Joined: Posts: 269
    Just tried that public beta, and it's in the bag how terrible the game is, despite being a mildly amusing distraction. Having supers as the only means of winning is possibly the worst thing ever.

It's fucking stupid how good Kratos is. Seriously, his chains reach several character lengths away, cover huge arcs, allow him to combo into bullshit, and are safe as hell. Also I can dodge roll through them, perfect timing, and still get hit by them. He's basically EX Marth.

Ranek is pretty cool if only to pretend he's a Panzer Corps trooper. He has nice area control/zoning moves that basically don't mean dick in a game that lets players jump in at odd angles and air control while remaining perfectly safe.
    ·
  • GenUser!GenUser! Joined: Posts: 808 ✭✭✭
    Meh, I'm having fun with it :/
    PSN: davmen05 Main Games: SSFIVAE, SFxT
    ·
  • MightfoMightfo Joined: Posts: 335
    is there any youtube account or whatever that uploads matches of consistently good players
    If you live around Dallas/Fort Worth and play P4A, SG, BB, MB, AH3, or KOF13, PM me.
    ·
  • Frederico Simas DuarteFrederico Simas Duarte Joined: Posts: 2
    ·
  • ShophShoph Joined: Posts: 2
    is there any youtube account or whatever that uploads matches of consistently good players
    A guy on YouTube named ddsoul90 uploads some pretty good sackboy gameplay.
    ·
  • medellinmedellin Joined: Posts: 62
    116472.png
    ·
  • Dimitri LionheartDimitri Lionheart Patiently waiting for SkullGirls Joined: Posts: 146
    SkullGirls for EVO...you say you dont know what Skullgirls is? *LE GASP*
    QUICK! Take this heavy dosage of SkullGirls 101! NAAAAO! http://www.skullgirls.com/home

And thats how I saved scrubs life...
    ·
  • KaeonKaeon Joined: Posts: 1
    I have been playing this game for the last two weeks since the release, and I have played Super Smash Bros. Melee at a competitive level for many years now, and I can tell you this game is very very much a more primitive version of Smash Bros., with slightly different game mechanics.

The most this game revolves around is tech-chasing and knowing how to combo moves. There are generally two playstyles: Combo to reach level 1, then create tech-chase situations and set up your level 1; or Comboing until level 3, then using that. In a 1v1 situation, it gets no more complex than that. The characters that fit 1v1 best use the first strategy (Sweet Tooth, Fat Princess, etc.). Yes, you can grab, but they go under the "creating tech chase" area when countering a block. In a 2v2, the third playstyle that is added is setting up for your opponent's super move.

Otherwise, that is all there is to the game. The combat system is rather lacking, and outright unfair for a lot of matchups. The game is not designed for a 1v1, and should not be played as such. Few characters perform at a top level in 1v1, and otherwise the gameplay is not nearly as satisfying as playing the original Smash, Melee, or Brawl in the least. At least 2v2 is a more respectable and fulfilling means to play the game, though.
    ·
  • drzero7drzero7 Joined: Posts: 128
    From what I've seen, since it's all about Super bar for the kill, it's all about LV1 super IMO.

Soo... overpowered chars in this game should have IMO

#1: Good meter building combo
    #2: Good LV1 super (Seriously, I noticed some chars have good meter build combo but crappy LV1 and thus have to go for LV2 most of the time)
    #3: Good easy hit confirm combo into LV1 combo.
    #4: Recent to Good Range, the maps can be big and sometimes can go all over the place.

Now, that can't ALL be the requirement, but that's what I'm noticing in matches. Rather then going for gimmic LV3 (which takes forever to build meter) you might as well go for 3xLV1 for more kill combos.

And yeah, I am complaining that this game should have a kill counter IN BATTLE, so we can tell WHO'S WINNING during a match.
    ·
  • BoosterwakBoosterwak Joined: Posts: 2
    I like the style of it and I adore most of the characters in it. I’m still a newbie but hope to play more.
    High quality of lorry training is important for accreditation.
    ·
  • TheOtherJNTheOtherJN Renaissance Man Joined: Posts: 313
    Fuck. The latest 1.05 patch eliminated the ability for Nathan Drake to AK Run from cover. The AK Run loop is no more.
    ·
  • King9999King9999 Joined: Posts: 9,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    3DS Friend Code: 2105-8754-7747
    PSN/Steam ID: mmking9999
    Tile Crusher now available on Android & Itch.io!
    "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." -Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015
    ·
  • AquasharkAquashark Mekong Delta AirRaid Joined: Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭
    random question: why is this still sticky?
    hello friends, my name is Drago Umeharevich from CrossCounter Balkans
    ·
  • PreppyPreppy act like you're used to it Joined: Posts: 12,045 mod
    Unstickied and moved to the excellent Playstation All Stars forum.
    http://zachd.com/mvc2 : My giant archive of fighting game videos, centered around MvC2.
    "If you don't feel like killing yourself every time you lose you will never be good. Apologyman is going to be a monster someday as long as he keeps staying miserable." --Brightside6382
    ·
15678911»