BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma EXTEND announced!

Comments

• ThinobunsThinobuns I am young nation and young nation is me Joined: Posts: 457
    My waifu is finally back in non-unlimited mode
    PSN: Teenohs
    Steam:
  • AirkAirk Joined: Posts: 1,024
    Can we stop being irrational about this now? :)
  • LivewireXLivewireX Joined: Posts: 5,790
    Can we stop being irrational about this now? :)

Can we? Yes. Will we? Probably not. And I heard something about there actually being a storyline explanation for Mu's return?
    Mumble mumble, Noel Azure save Tsubaki mumble mumble Rachel Magic Mu.

There probably is one, but it's pointless to try to figure it out now.
    Mumble mumble, Noel Azure save Tsubaki mumble mumble Rachel Magic Mu.

There probably is one, but it's pointless to try to figure it out now.

Oh yeah, that sounds like something they'd do. Something like "only Mu has the code capability to break the Imperator's hold, etc etc". Though would she just have normal Noel voice and same eye colour or something?
  • razberryclownsacrazberryclownsac Shamooooooken Joined: Posts: 100
    I haven't played BB since CT, but was thinking of picking up extend seeing as how it's pretty cheap now. Think that's a good idea or wait for chrono?
    Pick up Extend if you want to play BB in the next like, six months. CP isn't even out in ARCADES in Japan yet, and won't be for another month and a half or something, and then there's several months lag between arcades and consoles, and some time probably between Japan console and US console.

Plus, Extend is like $17, which makes it a pretty solid deal. The only downside is that there aren't a trillion people playing online, though if you live in the US it shouldn't be hard to find matches. If you're in some less populated area of the world, you may want to wait, but then, there's no telling how long that wait would be. So...yeah. Thoughts.
    Appreciate the advice. I misread an article, thought it was coming next month but that's the arcade release. I thought it would be a good pickup even though I don't play BB hardcore, I really like the art and characters. Any thoughts on the collectors edition? Is it worth getting at all for the art book?
    Appreciate the advice. I misread an article, thought it was coming next month but that's the arcade release. I thought it would be a good pickup even though I don't play BB hardcore, I really like the art and characters. Any thoughts on the collectors edition? Is it worth getting at all for the art book?

I got the Collector's Edition for an extra $10 and thought the Soundtrack/Art Book/Calendar thing were cool editions. Then again, I got Calamity Trigger's Collector's Edition and only didn't get the one for Continuum Shift because it wasn't available in NA.
    The artbook and soundtrack are okay - neither of them is particularly 'meaty' (ie. the artbook is on the 'pamphlet' scale), but I guess they're nice if you don't want to pay to import the 'real' thing.
    I kinda like the art books usually but some are Definatley lacking here lately. Soundtracks are ok but I'll check it out and decide. Thanks for the input
  • mr. tibbsmr. tibbs λ=11 Joined: Posts: 573
    So glad about the Nu news. I was resigned to maining Tsubaki, which no one should be forced to do.

No one.
    CFN: mr_tibbs
    godlikecontrols.com || www.vickomods.com
    So glad about the Nu news. I was resigned to maining Tsubaki, which no one should be forced to do.

No one.

Y'know, some crazy people from Montreal do that willingly. WILLINGLY.
  • Huggy BearHuggy Bear Scoops Häagen-Dazs® Joined: Posts: 2,149
    So.

GG until CP it out yeah?
    Logan / Spencer / Gouki

So.

GG until CP it out yeah?

/shrug. I'm still playing Extend. S'kinda stupid to wait on CP since we don't have the faintest idea when the console release will be.
  • KonflykKonflyk BBCSEXpert Joined: Posts: 58
    Seeing as the anime community is one of the flakiest, and this is SRK the worse place to discuss anime games, we might as well all play GG until CP comes out, as a majority of P4 players will go to GG as well as BB players, so expect to see those P4A numbers decline if they haven't already.
    BBCP: Litchi, Relius, Hakumen, Azreal
    KOF: May Lee, King, Kasumi, Yuri, Vice, Mature, Terry, Chris, Shermie, Kula, Vanessa, Kensou
    MBCC: Miyako, Ciel, Aruceid, Roa
    SF: Makoto, Akuma, Ken
    The AirDashers community is partly flaky because they/we/whatever seem to be constantly getting all of our games shit on, having awful stereotypes, getting told how our games will never be popular, etc regardless of how good they actually are, and some people within the community will listen to what they hear without getting and forming their own opinion. Yes, it sounds fickle but to new people trying to come in, it's seen as a hard thing to get into with everybody saying how 'bad' they are. And amusingly enough, with it comes to Persona 4, I've been drifting moreso back to Extend and AE2012 while trying (mostly in vain) to be better than "absolute ass" in it, but still, I play the game when people I know are looking for some and all that.
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 22,761
    http://jbbs.livedoor.jp/bbs/read.cgi/game/45148/1346203391/278
    BBCPインカムロケーションテスト
    日時:2012年11月7日~2012年11月13日
    場所:
    北海道:
    東京:秋葉原HEY
    対戦台:1セット(10連勝制限)
    練習台:1台(5ステージまで)合計3台
    どちらもアーケードは5ステージまで
    νとμ使えない…
    東京:タイトーステーション新宿南口店
    大阪:日本橋タイトー
    九州:博多天神タイトーステーション
    Apparently a new local test started today
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    Yup. No Nu/Mu, but should be 'near final' for everyone else.

Haven't seen much real info though. Loctests are kindof stupid, honestly, because instead of TELLING people "Here's what we've changed for this test, can you play with them and tell us what it does to the game?" Arc Systems instead says "Here's a new build of the game, have fun!" and people waste the entire loktest trying to do stupid crap like figure out whether move X is now plus on block or not, and don't do a damn bit of REAL playing and figuring out what any of these changes actually mean.
    Yup. No Nu/Mu, but should be 'near final' for everyone else.

Haven't seen much real info though. Loctests are kindof stupid, honestly, because instead of TELLING people "Here's what we've changed for this test, can you play with them and tell us what it does to the game?" Arc Systems instead says "Here's a new build of the game, have fun!" and people waste the entire loktest trying to do stupid crap like figure out whether move X is now plus on block or not, and don't do a damn bit of REAL playing and figuring out what any of these changes actually mean.
    That is because the mentality of the developers and fg enthusiasts on japan is different from the mentality on usa for example, this is mostly because the main target market still are the arcades, their goal is to make the players expend money on the game not only for the competition, but also to learn how the game works, it is one of the joys of the players to learn and discover everything that the game can offer.
    This is also why many players don't really like to get on video when they are playing, because they want to keep their tactics for themselves the longer time possible so they can have an edge against other players for tournaments and stuff like that.
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    Maybe, but that mentality is keeping them from avoiding the sorts of balance screwups they've been making for 4 games now. "Location Tests" should be for...testing. Not for sucking money out of people by making them figure out the game. It's not as if they'd make any less money by having people play the game rather than having people trade rounds to get the most "discovery" done for their hundred yen.

I'd also really submit that "Is X plus on block?" or "can I dash cancel Y?" isn't "what the game has to offer" any more than being able to do all of a character's special moves means you've mastered that character. The meat of the game isn't figuring out the frame data. The meat of the game is figuring how to USE that data.
  • OSDOSD Joined: Posts: 441
    The AirDashers community is partly flaky because they/we/whatever seem to be constantly getting all of our games shit on, having awful stereotypes, getting told how our games will never be popular, etc regardless of how good they actually are, and some people within the community will listen to what they hear without getting and forming their own opinion. Yes, it sounds fickle but to new people trying to come in, it's seen as a hard thing to get into with everybody saying how 'bad' they are. And amusingly enough, with it comes to Persona 4, I've been drifting moreso back to Extend and AE2012 while trying (mostly in vain) to be better than "absolute ass" in it, but still, I play the game when people I know are looking for some and all that.
    Wait. People are actually saying these games are bad?
    Yet a steaming pile of shit like UMvC3 is the most popular game in the US right now. Mind=Blown

BTW something I've always wondered.
    How big is the Japanese BB/P4A/GG scene compared to the Japanese Street fighter scene?
    It's unclear, but I think for a while the BB scene was comparable to the SF4 scene. That maybe have changed with P4A, which was also quite popular for a while.

GG scene was smaller due to lack of new versions, but has probably shot up a bit, though this is all speculation.

Anyway, Japan overally really likes BB. :P
    Wait. People are actually saying these games are bad?
    Yet a steaming pile of shit like UMvC3 is the most popular game in the US right now. Mind=Blown

BTW something I've always wondered.
    How big is the Japanese BB/P4A/GG scene compared to the Japanese Street fighter scene?
    ASW games usually are bigger on japan than capcom games
    BB was the most popular for years just behind of Tekken and Gundam until P4A "replaced" it
    P4A accomplished the unthinkable by beating Gundam as the most popular game at arcades
    GG was always one of the top 3, until BB replaced it as well
    Maybe, but that mentality is keeping them from avoiding the sorts of balance screwups they've been making for 4 games now. "Location Tests" should be for...testing. Not for sucking money out of people by making them figure out the game.
    You play for free on the local tests
    I'd also really submit that "Is X plus on block?" or "can I dash cancel Y?" isn't "what the game has to offer" any more than being able to do all of a character's special moves means you've mastered that character. The meat of the game isn't figuring out the frame data. The meat of the game is figuring how to USE that data.
    And that is why the mooks are sold some time after the game is on the market
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    Secret boss reveal. It's super awesome bonus Tsubaki:
    MQemt.jpg
    Two-bakis? Hmm...interesting. And there being a new character revealed that's NOT Amane/Azrael/Bullet gives me hope.
  • Ragnorok64Ragnorok64 My muscles have no memory. Joined: Posts: 4,947
    Why did i read about this on the Siliconera and not the SRK front page?
  • iminthenet2iminthenet2 Joined: Posts: 490
    Mu-12 vs. Izayoi?

HELL YEAH!!!
  • Doritos and SpriteDoritos and Sprite Joined: Posts: 179
    I actually really like that design
    But are those swords floating around her?
    Do we really need more swords?

Well, in fairness it's still less than Street Fighter Shoto-types or Ninjas in Mortal Kombat.
  • krokro Joined: Posts: 695
    Looks more like they just upgraded her dagger and book. Seems like it can transform into a great sword too.

That design is so much better than the old one.

They look more like armor bits to me, but there's definitely some bladed look going on there too.

She doesn't look anything like any of the other "sword types" though, so I have no issues.
    A buddy of mine named Rutget got this off of hakimiru from Dustloop so credit goes to them on this regarding the magazine spread thing:

Some of it is just irrelevent PR, but the important things we learn from this are:

- Mode change character, has a special meter.
    - Drive is called "Scarlet Justice", using it shifts her into Gain Art mode. D returns her to normal mode.
    - Seems to play a long distance zoning game while gaining Reishiki (Zero Weave?) meter, and then switches to Gain Art mode for the offensive.
    - Gain Art mode seems to grant high speed movement and improved specials.
    - Right side, middle two pictures demonstrate one of her specials, Sonic Saber. Left one is the normal version, which is a high speed projectile good for zoning. Right side is Gain Art version, which has additional swords come out from around the opponent and hit, holding them in place.
    - Top picture on right side is captioned "Freedom Justice", bottom one is "Justice *cut off*".

Edit: Also, two pictures on top left show (left side) normal mode and (right side) Gain Art mode.
    There might be some more relevent stuff on the bottom left, but it's too cut off to make out anything important.

There are never to much swords :coffee:
    Well, in fairness it's still less than Street Fighter Shoto-types or Ninjas in Mortal Kombat.
    Word, there are only 3 characters with floating sword, 1 that doesn't seem to share anything with the other 2 (Izayoi), and the other 2 while they have some few shared elements, play so differently that make the similarities irrelevant

Edit

More screenshots

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201211/15024349.html
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
  • rubixgrooverubixgroove Joined: Posts: 227
    I am very excited for this. Once I caught wind of a new BB game, I stopped playing Extend to save the hype'ness.
    It'll be well worth it.
    I am very excited for this. Once I caught wind of a new BB game, I stopped playing Extend to save the hype'ness.
    It'll be well worth it.

Uh, well, I hope you enjoy your six month hype buildup. Arc Sys is not famous for bringing their arcade titles to home consoles promptly.
    Uh, well, I hope you enjoy your six month hype buildup. Arc Sys is not famous for bringing their arcade titles to home consoles promptly.

I don't really care if it takes till like, March. I'd rather them make sure they get it right and keep up the awesome Blazblue netcode I'm used to than rush it and do it wrong. Besides, I'm still hype about Extend.
    I'm not saying "Oh woe, it takes them soooooo long to do a console release"; It gets here when it gets here and they've proven they do LOTS of work for the console side (Hi, story mode.).

I'm saying "If you're taking a vacation from BB because "CP is right around the corner" or something, you might want to rethink that."
    I'm not saying "Oh woe, it takes them soooooo long to do a console release"; It gets here when it gets here and they've proven they do LOTS of work for the console side (Hi, story mode.).

I'm saying "If you're taking a vacation from BB because "CP is right around the corner" or something, you might want to rethink that."

Well, then I misunderstood what you were saying. My mistake.
  • TheDarkPhoenixTheDarkPhoenix BEHOLD! Joined: Posts: 12,425 mod
    Can I get a release date....

Its not like releasing a console ver here after the arcade ver is gonna hurt it. Especially if its X-box 1st now one plays console in japan like talking about anyway....

Whats the guesstimate on the Release date?
    "this game is about winning, If you had the option of a 1) Big dick or 2) a small dick, would you choose 2 because it took more skill? Thought not"
    -Bokkin

Its not like releasing a console ver here after the arcade ver is gonna hurt it. Especially if its X-box 1st now one plays console in japan like talking about anyway....

If I had to guess, I'd guess mid-March but...I have no idea.
  • Ragnorok64Ragnorok64 My muscles have no memory. Joined: Posts: 4,947
    So how many of Blazblue's playable playable cast will ultimately end up sharing DNA or some sort?
    So how many of Blazblue's playable playable cast will ultimately end up sharing DNA or some sort?

All of them.

Going by their track record, between 6 to 8 months, so you can expect it around June or July
    The game would be released on November 21 for arcades BTW.
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    All of them.

Hey, giving some of their life force for the Spirit Bomb does NOT count, man.
    November 21, I CAN'T WAIT!!! XD
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)

That shit looks cool. Hopefully though those people saying she'll play like Aigis are wrong because well...Aigis is one of the reasons I sometimes dislike P4A. Actually, there are a number of characters in that that just seem odd/annoying to play against, but that's besides the point. BBCP's gonna be so hype.
    Just one more day until Chrono Phantasma will be released! I CAN'T WAIT! XD
    Just one more day until Chrono Phantasma will be released! I CAN'T WAIT! XD

Watch Nu-13 return at CT levels of strength, lol.