BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma EXTEND announced!

Comments

• GraphfGraphf Amat Victoria Curam Joined: Posts: 1,206
    tbh, I'm pretty bummed out that Mu isn't in. It's almost a deal breaker for me.

With such a small cast why get rid of an entire character regardless of story line implications? smh.

Also, Nu/lamda not being is is lame too, but speculation on the dustloop forums indicates the a new robot will take her place so she may be in anyway, well her moveset/list at least.

Still, tho... Mu-12 gone really drains the hype for me.
    Monster Hunter
  • Ragnorok64Ragnorok64 My muscles have no memory. Joined: Posts: 4,947
    Do we know for sure they won't be represented somehow? That's a lot of spritework to throw out the window.

Sent from my MOTWX435KT using Tapatalk 2
  • AirkAirk Joined: Posts: 1,024
    I'd be really surprised if they don't show up in some non-story capacity - it just seems like a waste of sprites, design, and player interest. In any event, Lambda/Nu is almost guaranteed to be back even from just a story perspective, but I'd be mighty surprised to see Mu completely MIA. Possibly a "console only" character or something. If Guilty Gear can have Sol and Holy Order Sol AT THE SAME TIME, there's no reason BB can't have Mu and Noel. :P
  • Huggy BearHuggy Bear Scoops Häagen-Dazs® Joined: Posts: 2,149
    Murakumo will be there. Secret boss character. It's just going to happen.
    Logan / Spencer / Gouki

• LivewireXLivewireX Joined: Posts: 5,908
    Murakumo will be there. Secret boss character. It's just going to happen.

Even though it's likely to be Nu-13, it doesn't have to be. Hell, there's what, 11 other Murakumos it could be from 1-10 and 14?
  • AnwylAnwyl Bi-winning Joined: Posts: 6
    tbh, I'm pretty bummed out that Mu isn't in. It's almost a deal breaker for me.

With such a small cast why get rid of an entire character regardless of story line implications? smh.

Also, Nu/lamda not being is is lame too, but speculation on the dustloop forums indicates the a new robot will take her place so she may be in anyway, well her moveset/list at least.

Still, tho... Mu-12 gone really drains the hype for me.
    I read somewhere last month that theres a high chance they'll be playable in versus mode cause something in the story points out that kokonoe find the labs where the lambdas were created... or something like that lol....

But I am so pumped for this game... I love the story and the gameplay.
    Speaking of Kokonoe, she better damn well be playable this time. I don't even care if I have to pay an additional $8 for her, either, lol.
    I really don't understand the playable Kokonoe hype.

Jubei, yes, Kokonoe, no. z.z
    I really don't understand the playable Kokonoe hype.

Jubei, yes, Kokonoe, no. z.z

As odd as this sounds, I don't fully understand 100% of WHY her being playable would be awesome, but I just know for me I think her character's entertaining, there's a lot they could do with her potentially from magic to science, to combinations of the two, to like robo things, etc. And plus well, her folks were members of the 6 Heroes, so canonically it makes sense for her to be able to fight. But Jubei being playable would totally be badass too. Though...of course, if those two became playable, it's entirely possible that Phantom *coughNinecough* would become playable too.
  • iminthenet2iminthenet2 Joined: Posts: 494
    283442_10150321127759977_1204273403_n.jpg

MU-12 and NU-13 REVEALED!!!
  • ThinobunsThinobuns I am young nation and young nation is me Joined: Posts: 457
    My waifu is finally back in non-unlimited mode
    PSN: Teenohs
    Steam:
    Can we stop being irrational about this now? :)
    Can we stop being irrational about this now? :)

Can we? Yes. Will we? Probably not. And I heard something about there actually being a storyline explanation for Mu's return?
    Mumble mumble, Noel Azure save Tsubaki mumble mumble Rachel Magic Mu.

There probably is one, but it's pointless to try to figure it out now.
    Mumble mumble, Noel Azure save Tsubaki mumble mumble Rachel Magic Mu.

There probably is one, but it's pointless to try to figure it out now.

Oh yeah, that sounds like something they'd do. Something like "only Mu has the code capability to break the Imperator's hold, etc etc". Though would she just have normal Noel voice and same eye colour or something?
  • razberryclownsacrazberryclownsac Shamooooooken Joined: Posts: 100
    I haven't played BB since CT, but was thinking of picking up extend seeing as how it's pretty cheap now. Think that's a good idea or wait for chrono?
    Pick up Extend if you want to play BB in the next like, six months. CP isn't even out in ARCADES in Japan yet, and won't be for another month and a half or something, and then there's several months lag between arcades and consoles, and some time probably between Japan console and US console.

Plus, Extend is like $17, which makes it a pretty solid deal. The only downside is that there aren't a trillion people playing online, though if you live in the US it shouldn't be hard to find matches. If you're in some less populated area of the world, you may want to wait, but then, there's no telling how long that wait would be. So...yeah. Thoughts.
    Appreciate the advice. I misread an article, thought it was coming next month but that's the arcade release. I thought it would be a good pickup even though I don't play BB hardcore, I really like the art and characters. Any thoughts on the collectors edition? Is it worth getting at all for the art book?
    Appreciate the advice. I misread an article, thought it was coming next month but that's the arcade release. I thought it would be a good pickup even though I don't play BB hardcore, I really like the art and characters. Any thoughts on the collectors edition? Is it worth getting at all for the art book?

I got the Collector's Edition for an extra $10 and thought the Soundtrack/Art Book/Calendar thing were cool editions. Then again, I got Calamity Trigger's Collector's Edition and only didn't get the one for Continuum Shift because it wasn't available in NA.
    The artbook and soundtrack are okay - neither of them is particularly 'meaty' (ie. the artbook is on the 'pamphlet' scale), but I guess they're nice if you don't want to pay to import the 'real' thing.
    I kinda like the art books usually but some are Definatley lacking here lately. Soundtracks are ok but I'll check it out and decide. Thanks for the input
  • mr. tibbsmr. tibbs λ=11 Joined: Posts: 573
    So glad about the Nu news. I was resigned to maining Tsubaki, which no one should be forced to do.

No one.
    CFN: mr_tibbs
    godlikecontrols.com || www.vickomods.com
    So glad about the Nu news. I was resigned to maining Tsubaki, which no one should be forced to do.

No one.

Y'know, some crazy people from Montreal do that willingly. WILLINGLY.
  • Huggy BearHuggy Bear Scoops Häagen-Dazs® Joined: Posts: 2,149
    So.

GG until CP it out yeah?
    Logan / Spencer / Gouki

So.

GG until CP it out yeah?

/shrug. I'm still playing Extend. S'kinda stupid to wait on CP since we don't have the faintest idea when the console release will be.
  • KonflykKonflyk BBCSEXpert Joined: Posts: 58
    Seeing as the anime community is one of the flakiest, and this is SRK the worse place to discuss anime games, we might as well all play GG until CP comes out, as a majority of P4 players will go to GG as well as BB players, so expect to see those P4A numbers decline if they haven't already.
    BBCP: Litchi, Relius, Hakumen, Azreal
    KOF: May Lee, King, Kasumi, Yuri, Vice, Mature, Terry, Chris, Shermie, Kula, Vanessa, Kensou
    MBCC: Miyako, Ciel, Aruceid, Roa
    SF: Makoto, Akuma, Ken
    The AirDashers community is partly flaky because they/we/whatever seem to be constantly getting all of our games shit on, having awful stereotypes, getting told how our games will never be popular, etc regardless of how good they actually are, and some people within the community will listen to what they hear without getting and forming their own opinion. Yes, it sounds fickle but to new people trying to come in, it's seen as a hard thing to get into with everybody saying how 'bad' they are. And amusingly enough, with it comes to Persona 4, I've been drifting moreso back to Extend and AE2012 while trying (mostly in vain) to be better than "absolute ass" in it, but still, I play the game when people I know are looking for some and all that.
  • HecatomHecatom Aka Black Gorilla (・Д・)ノ Joined: Posts: 23,787
    http://jbbs.livedoor.jp/bbs/read.cgi/game/45148/1346203391/278
    BBCPインカムロケーションテスト
    日時:2012年11月7日~2012年11月13日
    場所:
    北海道:
    東京:秋葉原HEY
    対戦台:1セット(10連勝制限)
    練習台:1台(5ステージまで)合計3台
    どちらもアーケードは5ステージまで
    νとμ使えない…
    東京:タイトーステーション新宿南口店
    大阪:日本橋タイトー
    九州:博多天神タイトーステーション
    Apparently a new local test started today
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    Yup. No Nu/Mu, but should be 'near final' for everyone else.

Haven't seen much real info though. Loctests are kindof stupid, honestly, because instead of TELLING people "Here's what we've changed for this test, can you play with them and tell us what it does to the game?" Arc Systems instead says "Here's a new build of the game, have fun!" and people waste the entire loktest trying to do stupid crap like figure out whether move X is now plus on block or not, and don't do a damn bit of REAL playing and figuring out what any of these changes actually mean.
    Yup. No Nu/Mu, but should be 'near final' for everyone else.

Haven't seen much real info though. Loctests are kindof stupid, honestly, because instead of TELLING people "Here's what we've changed for this test, can you play with them and tell us what it does to the game?" Arc Systems instead says "Here's a new build of the game, have fun!" and people waste the entire loktest trying to do stupid crap like figure out whether move X is now plus on block or not, and don't do a damn bit of REAL playing and figuring out what any of these changes actually mean.
    That is because the mentality of the developers and fg enthusiasts on japan is different from the mentality on usa for example, this is mostly because the main target market still are the arcades, their goal is to make the players expend money on the game not only for the competition, but also to learn how the game works, it is one of the joys of the players to learn and discover everything that the game can offer.
    This is also why many players don't really like to get on video when they are playing, because they want to keep their tactics for themselves the longer time possible so they can have an edge against other players for tournaments and stuff like that.
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    Maybe, but that mentality is keeping them from avoiding the sorts of balance screwups they've been making for 4 games now. "Location Tests" should be for...testing. Not for sucking money out of people by making them figure out the game. It's not as if they'd make any less money by having people play the game rather than having people trade rounds to get the most "discovery" done for their hundred yen.

I'd also really submit that "Is X plus on block?" or "can I dash cancel Y?" isn't "what the game has to offer" any more than being able to do all of a character's special moves means you've mastered that character. The meat of the game isn't figuring out the frame data. The meat of the game is figuring how to USE that data.
  • OSDOSD Joined: Posts: 441
    The AirDashers community is partly flaky because they/we/whatever seem to be constantly getting all of our games shit on, having awful stereotypes, getting told how our games will never be popular, etc regardless of how good they actually are, and some people within the community will listen to what they hear without getting and forming their own opinion. Yes, it sounds fickle but to new people trying to come in, it's seen as a hard thing to get into with everybody saying how 'bad' they are. And amusingly enough, with it comes to Persona 4, I've been drifting moreso back to Extend and AE2012 while trying (mostly in vain) to be better than "absolute ass" in it, but still, I play the game when people I know are looking for some and all that.
    Wait. People are actually saying these games are bad?
    Yet a steaming pile of shit like UMvC3 is the most popular game in the US right now. Mind=Blown

BTW something I've always wondered.
    How big is the Japanese BB/P4A/GG scene compared to the Japanese Street fighter scene?
    It's unclear, but I think for a while the BB scene was comparable to the SF4 scene. That maybe have changed with P4A, which was also quite popular for a while.

GG scene was smaller due to lack of new versions, but has probably shot up a bit, though this is all speculation.

Anyway, Japan overally really likes BB. :P
    Wait. People are actually saying these games are bad?
    Yet a steaming pile of shit like UMvC3 is the most popular game in the US right now. Mind=Blown

BTW something I've always wondered.
    How big is the Japanese BB/P4A/GG scene compared to the Japanese Street fighter scene?
    ASW games usually are bigger on japan than capcom games
    BB was the most popular for years just behind of Tekken and Gundam until P4A "replaced" it
    P4A accomplished the unthinkable by beating Gundam as the most popular game at arcades
    GG was always one of the top 3, until BB replaced it as well
    Maybe, but that mentality is keeping them from avoiding the sorts of balance screwups they've been making for 4 games now. "Location Tests" should be for...testing. Not for sucking money out of people by making them figure out the game.
    You play for free on the local tests
    I'd also really submit that "Is X plus on block?" or "can I dash cancel Y?" isn't "what the game has to offer" any more than being able to do all of a character's special moves means you've mastered that character. The meat of the game isn't figuring out the frame data. The meat of the game is figuring how to USE that data.
    And that is why the mooks are sold some time after the game is on the market
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    ( •_•)
    ( ಠ_ಠ)
    ( ಥ_ಥ)
    Secret boss reveal. It's super awesome bonus Tsubaki:
    MQemt.jpg
    Two-bakis? Hmm...interesting. And there being a new character revealed that's NOT Amane/Azrael/Bullet gives me hope.
  • Ragnorok64Ragnorok64 My muscles have no memory. Joined: Posts: 4,947
    Why did i read about this on the Siliconera and not the SRK front page?
  • iminthenet2iminthenet2 Joined: Posts: 494
    Mu-12 vs. Izayoi?

HELL YEAH!!!
  • Doritos and SpriteDoritos and Sprite Joined: Posts: 179
    I actually really like that design
    But are those swords floating around her?
    Do we really need more swords?
    I actually really like that design
    But are those swords floating around her?
    Do we really need more swords?

Well, in fairness it's still less than Street Fighter Shoto-types or Ninjas in Mortal Kombat.