BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma EXTEND announced!

Comments

• The MartianThe Martian We Out Here. Joined: Posts: 12,248
    That guy is freaking brutal... The first time I fought him, I had no idea what to do. I just kept getting AA'd into a 4000 dmg combo, then forced to block a fireball and eat a 50/50 mixup. He's a character I would definitely want to play, but I have to unlock him first lol.

For now, though, Terumi's my guy. He's the most disrespectful character I've ever seen, both gameplay wise and attitude wise :rofl:. I'm glad you pointed me in his direction.

Terumi is the ultimate salt shaker.

That three-part dagger combo is what nabs me the most...so much push back lol. His 100 Heat Distortion is fucking insane too. Literally just smashes through peoples guards...guy just has a distortion for literally any scenario. Don't even get me started on how balls that counter distortion can be.

Playing Kagura feels like I'm playing a sword with a body attached. :rofl:
    "Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are."

Tumblr (NSFW)
    PSN: Shadaloo_Martian
  • Phantom AngelPhantom Angel The Divine One™ Joined: Posts: 27,270
    edited April 2014
    That guy is freaking brutal... The first time I fought him, I had no idea what to do. I just kept getting AA'd into a 4000 dmg combo, then forced to block a fireball and eat a 50/50 mixup. He's a character I would definitely want to play, but I have to unlock him first lol.

For now, though, Terumi's my guy. He's the most disrespectful character I've ever seen, both gameplay wise and attitude wise :rofl:. I'm glad you pointed me in his direction.

Terumi is the ultimate salt shaker.

That three-part dagger combo is what nabs me the most...so much push back lol. His 100 Heat Distortion is fucking insane too. Literally just smashes through peoples guards...guy just has a distortion for literally any scenario. Don't even get me started on how balls that counter distortion can be.

Playing Kagura feels like I'm playing a sword with a body attached. :rofl:

His 6C is unsafe on block, so you can 2A or something before I can recover if I don't RC it. Yea, he really does have everything lol... The only thing he's missing is a meterless overhead, but he has instants to cover for that. For example, I can force you to block a 5C, JC the first hit, then do a j.2D. His Drive also allows him to build meter reeeeeeaally quickly, giving him rapid access to his broken ass DDs lol. I just finished all of his missions too... They weren't even hard.
    "Old enough to know better, Young enough to not give a fuck"

R.I.P. YusukeUrameshi aka Yusuke_The_Detective
  • iminthenet2iminthenet2 Joined: Posts: 494
    Seems like I'm going to miss BBCP at this year's EVO, GOD DAMMIT!
  • DreizeDreize How quaint... Joined: Posts: 1,333
    The only thing he's missing is a meterless overhead

He actually has a 19 frame meterless overhead (15 frames + 4 frames jump start-up).

tk.j.2D
  • AirkAirk Joined: Posts: 1,024
    Dreize wrote: »

He actually has a 19 frame meterless overhead (15 frames + 4 frames jump start-up).

tk.j.2D

Does it lead into nothing or something? Why do people bitch that Terumi has no mixup?
    Airk wrote: »
    Dreize wrote: »

tk.j.2D

Does it lead into nothing or something? Why do people bitch that Terumi has no mixup?

Pretty sure it leads into a full combo if they're crouching... More pressure on block. Terumi's high-low mixup isn't very strong from what I've gathered, but you get punished hard if you get caught pressing buttons. He can get 7000+ off of a CH(Fatal) 6B. I haven't tested out the possible damage off of a CH 6C, but I'm sure that leads to a lot.

Yeah, it leads into a full combo. From the wiki: "Similar looking to Hazama's Ressenga (214D~A) animation. Can be used for cross-ups, overhead, and to extend pressure since it is positive on block. Can be TK'd very close to the ground as an overhead. On hit, a low j.2D can be comboed into 5A on a standing opponent and 5B on a crouching one."

Beats me man, I was wondering the exact same thing. Asked a really good Terumi player I know about it and he basically said that it's a big misconception that's been going around.

Doesn't make much sense.
    edited April 2014
    Terumi has way too many options for people to say he has no mixup. Even if they start blocking j.2D, he can go for j.5D, whiff, low. He has a command throw, his 236D(normally unsafe on block) can be cancelled into his overhead super into a full combo... I can't imagine anyone blocking Terumi's shit for too long before they get opened up by something.

Weird; So why do people seem to think he's not good? @_@

/knows NOTHING about Terumi
    Weird; So why do people seem to think he's not good? @_@

/knows NOTHING about Terumi

No idea... Then again, I didn't think Bullet was bad either(I still don't), but the general idea is that she is. Maybe I'm missing something.

• Geese PantsGeese Pants Certified Geese.... Joined: Posts: 21,396 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I know that Kokone is DLC............but Kagura is also DLC?
    I thought he's in the roster from the jump.
    The Prince of Masturbation.........

"Please do not use such strong words...........it makes you look weak."
    -Traitor Aizen Souske
    I know that Kokone is DLC............but Kagura is also DLC?
    I thought he's in the roster from the jump.

Apparently, he's unlocked after finishing Story Mode.

Yeah. The other kind of character people bitch about. (When they're not asking for more of them.) x.x
    Awesome.............I'll just play through story mode then.
    I'm so crap at this game.

-Traitor Aizen Souske
    Fortunately, story mode is super easy. Though a trifle mind numbing at times. x.x
    It's majorly just a bunch of pointless bickering between random characters... Though I've only completed the middle path, I fast forwarded through the entire thing. Waaaaaaay too much dialogue.

It's majorly just a bunch of pointless bickering between random characters... Though I've only completed the middle path, I fast forwarded through the entire thing. Waaaaaaay too much dialogue.

Is this the first time you've played a story in BB lol

I just bought Kagura, wasn't about to try and figure out that shit in Japanese. :rofl:

Tumblr (NSFW)
    edited April 2014

Is this the first time you've played a story in BB lol

I just bought Kagura, wasn't about to try and figure out that shit in Japanese. :rofl:

Nope. I've listened to the stories in every other BB game... This one just seems way more heavy on the (pointless) dialogue. I wouldn't mind if I was actually getting some lore, but this might as well be called "The Misadventures of the cast of BlazBlue."

I can't buy him or Kokonoe... There's no DLC available for the American version.

The DLC for the NA version just got released today................

-Traitor Aizen Souske

I just checked and there's nothing there...

I don't know enough about Terumi to speak about him as a whole, but he definitely has a solid meterless overhead so I don't know why so many people seem to think that he doesn't. Unless I'm missing something here.

I was just there............and I d/led some free color packs.

You can also see on the website:
    https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/games/blazblue-chrono-phantasma/cid=UP1024-NPUB31277_00-BBCPPS3000001000:ADD-ONS

-Traitor Aizen Souske

I was just there............and I d/led some free color packs.

You can also see on the website:
    https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/games/blazblue-chrono-phantasma/cid=UP1024-NPUB31277_00-BBCPPS3000001000:ADD-ONS

It's probably because I checked through the in game menu... I'll look into it in a bit.

• CelerityCelerity Professional Necrodancer Joined: Posts: 798
    Colors 23 and 24 are being released for free?!?!?! I don't have to use my JP copy to play with Izayoi 23?!

My day has been made.
    (P4AU) Marie :::: (UNIEL) Vatista :::: (BB) Izayoi/Rachel :::: (USF4) Juri
    Can you unlock the System Voices in game? I'm really not trying to pay $12 for Litchi and Bullet's voices...

Can you unlock the System Voices in game? I'm really not trying to pay $12 for Litchi and Bullet's voices...

Nope. Bullet, Rachel, Azrael, Makoto voices are all top tier.
    Man, that sucks... There's a lot of DLC for this game.

Yeah, the ingame connection to the store is apparently busted (Nice one, Arc Sys!).

But all the DLC is there if you access it through crappy PSN store the normal way. There are indeed two free colors.

I picked up a couple of announcers, but I'm waiting for them to put stuff on sale otherwise.
  • TetsuroTetsuro Joined: Posts: 705
    edited April 2014
    I'm debating picking this up since the NA version just came out. Curious what the general consensus on the game is. The last BB I got into was CT, I liked it overall despite all the broken shit that comes with any new fighting game franchise. I didn't really give CS much time. This one certainly looks much improved from the others. Do you guys think this is the best version so far?

Oh and is the net code good? I remember CT had pretty solid online play.
  • rayplayrayplay aka solidoutlaw Joined: Posts: 2,813
    A bit late, but to chime in, Terumi's overhead game is bad because he can only jump cancel 5C (first hit) and 2C, and even on hit, j.2D, if it hits as a starter, only lets you get a short combo afterwards. You can get a good corner carry maybe but not much damage or any real big combo.
    PSN: rayplay
    Best widowmaker in North Korea.
    "He's gonna switch to wireless mid greed sever."
    Tetsuro wrote: »
    I'm debating picking this up since the NA version just came out. Curious what the general consensus on the game is. The last BB I got into was CT, I liked it overall despite all the broken shit that comes with any new fighting game franchise. I didn't really give CS much time. This one certainly looks much improved from the others. Do you guys think this is the best version so far?

Oh and is the net code good? I remember CT had pretty solid online play.

CP is almost unquestionably the best BlazBlue so far. Lots of people who disliked the previous versions like this one, because they increased the speed of the game and did away with 20sec Marvel combos. Overdrive is a great mechanic for the most part, and character balance is also the best it's ever been (aside from Kokonoe). Every character is legitimately competitive in this version, which hasn't been true in the past.

It's standard high-quality ArcSys netcode. Pretty much the same as CSE and P4A for me.
    rayplay wrote: »
    A bit late, but to chime in, Terumi's overhead game is bad because he can only jump cancel 5C (first hit) and 2C, and even on hit, j.2D, if it hits as a starter, only lets you get a short combo afterwards. You can get a good corner carry maybe but not much damage or any real big combo.

True, true... Still, damage is damage. The overhead can still force people to start stand blocking where they're open to j.5D(whiff), 2B/C.

• McgreagMcgreag Joined: Posts: 23
    edited April 2014
    "The wrote:
    I need advice on Kagura. Like, what's his best normal for poking? It's strange because 5A seems to be a lot faster than 2A, which is something I'm not used to.
    For almost all characters in BB 5A is faster than 2A but the difference is larger for Azrael then most others, 6 frames 5A vs 9 frames 2A. That makes it the second slowest 2A in the game after Arakunes 10F.

Celerity wrote: »
    CP is almost unquestionably the best BlazBlue so far. Lots of people who disliked the previous versions like this one, because they increased the speed of the game and did away with 20sec Marvel combos. Overdrive is a great mechanic for the most part, and character balance is also the best it's ever been (aside from Kokonoe). Every character is legitimately competitive in this version, which hasn't been true in the past.

It's standard high-quality ArcSys netcode. Pretty much the same as CSE and P4A for me.

BBCP is unquestionably the most POPULAR Blazblue so far; Whether that makes it "the best" is a matter of opinion, and I'll offer disagreement - the speed that everyone else likes kinda pisses me off. It makes hitconfirms and things much more challenging, and frankly, if I wanted to play a game with pain in the ass hitconfirms, I would've stayed with SF4. Combo time has been reduced, I suppose, whoopee, but combos still do too much damage, and balance is actually worse than Extend (we'll see how it fares after the patch.) - asserting that every character being viable has never happened before is nonsense. Everyone was this viable as far back as CS2 - Tager then was no worse than Izayoi now, and Makoto then was no more broken than Litchi now.

I agree that the netcode seems good, but I've heard some people who had to transfer over from Xbox complaining, so... grain of salt.

PSN annoys me though. Is there any way to look at a list of people you've played with lately? Let's say I have a match in a lobby with "xX AIl1ong0s Xx" and then I want to invite him to a player match to do sets (or hell, even send him a GG), does PSN remember his name, or do I have to have thought to scrawl it down on a piece of paper or something?
  • LivewireXLivewireX Joined: Posts: 5,854
    Yeah, there's a way to look at a list of people you've recently played with. In the same column as your Friend's List and your Messages, there's like a "Players Met" section that has them listed.
    Ah, okay, cool. I have tons of trouble finding stuff in the Playstation menus - whoever designed them clearly has differently logical processes than I do. x.x
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 26,224
    Just got the game. Last time I played BB was with CS. I can't wrap my head around this new Tager. I remember being able to jump cancel with 6A and it isn't there anymore. Jump cancelling with B and 6B doesn't feel the like. The nerfed magnetism pull on atomic collidetor sucks. I guess my BnB from CS is null and void now. At least gadget finger works the same way. New air moves are cool
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • Minerva_SCMinerva_SC Get on my level Joined: Posts: 1,684
    Yoo I imported this months ago but haven't really played it much since everyone was on some hyperbolic time chamber 2k+ games played never drop combo's level after only having the game for a month or two. Now that it's out in NA I'm gonna try and get better since there are hopefully more scrubs around. Any of yall set up rooms were ppl cane get more than 2 games in before people leave?
    Minerva_SC wrote: »
    Yoo I imported this months ago but haven't really played it much since everyone was on some hyperbolic time chamber 2k+ games played never drop combo's level after only having the game for a month or two. Now that it's out in NA I'm gonna try and get better since there are hopefully more scrubs around. Any of yall set up rooms were ppl cane get more than 2 games in before people leave?

I didn't understand a large majority of this post, but, if you ever want to play feel free to add me...lol.

Tumblr (NSFW)
    He's complaining that people who wanted the game badly enough to import it spent a lot of time playing it in the first two months and got "too good" at it.

But yes, there seem to be plenty of scrubs right now. :P