BEST LESSER KNOWN POPOFFS

13»

Comments

• NickRocksNickRocks MvC2 sucks Joined: Posts: 16,389 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Niggas get played this the ps4 house, spending dirty money at the 3rd world ho house
    Strip club love me cause I trick off stacks...then I rob the bitch, give my money back
    Pushin weight off, throwing it up; pills in her mouth, coke in her butt
    ·
  • KarateLincolnKarateLincoln Eighting's Number One Fan Joined: Posts: 496
    ·
  • TweleveTweleve fuccboi Joined: Posts: 7,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^1982197-wtf_is_this_shit_Very_Disturbing_Childrens_Book_RE_We_dont_say_ampquotGermanampquot_in_America-s400x297-59009.jpg
    TRICK TOOO GEEEEE?
    ·
  • RictorxixRictorxix ~~~00~~~ Joined: Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭✭
    Post of the year goes to anyone that can find a MUGEN popoff
    Spoiler:
    ·
  • Poe22222Poe22222 Raging Flower Child Joined: Posts: 706
    Oh shit, I thought of another great Smoothviper story (and maybe video) as well as an awesome Filipino Champ story (also maybe video, but less likely). I'm about to pass out but I'm posting this so that I won't forget.
    Up-Your-Game.com - Participate in nightly streams - FREE online tournaments - Interviews - Meet solid and top players with good vibes who want everybody to level up - av by Tat guy - Be Here Now
    ·
  • Raz0rRaz0r 私は不承認 Joined: Posts: 13,258 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is one of my faves of all time. I'll never forget it.
    This is offensive.
    ·
  • Cheech WizardCheech Wizard Joined: Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭

No popoffs from one person but I think this video shows CF crowds at their best. *Sagat does 3 hit combo that does like 30%* 'OH HOLD DAT SHIT WATCH YA HEALTH NIGGA' -Yipes

I wish ArcadeHustla still made videos :(
    Slow and steady wins the race
    ·
    I don't even have to watch that set to remember that night, was good times
    TRICK TOOO GEEEEE?
    ·
  • HavatchuHavatchu Joined: Posts: 4,734
    Not lesser known then, but probably is now.

LOL Mike Ross
    Insanity is freedom
    The moment I fell in love with specs- "I believe in the Beyblader philosophy, for I am one who Beyblades."
    Shaft's posts are canon.
    ·
  • Syke1Syke1 God Said I Lost the Right to Dream Joined: Posts: 11,484 mod
    Yo Nick you outdid ya self with this thread my nigga.

Seems everybody forgot about the East Coast animus.
    Gets gully at 1:55

"Step it up Nas" lolol Peep Sp00ky in the rear
    رَبَّنََآ إنَّنَآ ءَاَمنَّا فَاغْفِرْ لَنَا ذُنُوبَنَا وَ قِنَا عَذَابَ النَّارِ

I Can Catch Wreck All Day Whenever
    ·
  • Leftover LotionLeftover Lotion Melon/LL Joined: Posts: 581
    That nigga Manny is ill :pray:
    Lotion, I use that.
    ·
  • CPR253CPR253 Joined: Posts: 120
    <CPR> Man, it was nice to get a free meal on Veterans Day.
    <Mackinzie> Did you know that like 5 million old people try to say they're Vietnam vets?
    <CPR> Really, WTF?
    <Yzae B> Don't nobody give a fuck about that, because ain't no Vietnam vet ever won a major.
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
    ·
    Nobody posted this classic set?

رَبَّنََآ إنَّنَآ ءَاَمنَّا فَاغْفِرْ لَنَا ذُنُوبَنَا وَ قِنَا عَذَابَ النَّارِ

·
  • TheDarkPhoenixTheDarkPhoenix BEHOLD! Joined: Posts: 12,238 mod
    ah brings back good memories.
    "this game is about winning, If you had the option of a 1) Big dick or 2) a small dick, would you choose 2 because it took more skill? Thought not"
    -Bokkin
    ·
  • KefKef Joined: Posts: 3,112

Lots of trash talk by no other than Romneto. You can watch the whole movie if you want lol.
    Persona 4:[/B][/I][/U] Main: Akihiko
    If you wanna play some MVC2/Persona/BBCP: PSN: I-Kef-I and KefPringlez

"Don't be nice, it's Marvel son, the origin of hatred. The game ain't about being nice. If you want to be nice play Tea Party Adventures. They go that shit on DS I heard." - Romneto

- Credit for image on avatar to Cindysuke on devianArt. http://cindysuke.deviantart.com/
    ·
  • KillaFoxKillaFox Cry more, please. Joined: Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread proves there will not be 10 yrs of MvC3. It wont happen. The hype will die
    ·
    This thread proves there will not be 10 yrs of MvC3. It wont happen. The hype will die
    If my calculations are correct, we should be on MvC7, and by then the 3rd balance patch would be out.
    TRICK TOOO GEEEEE?
    ·
  • KillaFoxKillaFox Cry more, please. Joined: Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If my calculations are correct, we should be on MvC7, and by then the 3rd balance patch would be out.
    With DLC for button configs. future looks bleak
    ·
    haha phocus v romneto 3 is one of my faves. I could listen to nelson/yipes forever. "team super! team super! not you!"

yipes+ORG+matrix+nelson(?)+you guessed it..MORE ERIK

it's not my fault

Niggas get played this the ps4 house, spending dirty money at the 3rd world ho house
    Strip club love me cause I trick off stacks...then I rob the bitch, give my money back
    ·
  • ShwafflesShwaffles Joined: Posts: 1,401
    Start watching from 2:20
    ·
    lol yeah the old slow air combo, air combo dash slow air combo, air combo
    ·
  • irl II Wilsonirl II Wilson Joined: Posts: 402
    How the fuck do u do that slow combo ? :O
    [SIZE=14px]"I remind you of the things you were made to forget."[/SIZE]
    ·
    How the fuck do u do that slow combo ? :O
    wont work on ps3 or 360, since light attacks have faster recovery on those ports
    ·
    It looks so fucking nice
    ·
    It looks so fucking nice
    lp lk lp pause, lp lk lp lk aduf lp lk lp pause, lp lk lp lk.

soo just air dashed forward instead of up forward so it looked even cooler, like a smooth transition. from a launch, you can take it to the top of the screen if you throw in hypergravxxtemps
    ·
  • Raz0rRaz0r 私は不承認 Joined: Posts: 13,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That won't work on the home ports? Fuck.
    This is offensive.
    ·
    the timing is much stricter
    ·
  • MegamanDSMegamanDS MvC3 and Trading Outlet Moderator Joined: Posts: 4,411 mod
    and the innovator for that combo.... :D

I gotta find some of my old vids. TOP 8!

Some really good vids in here. One favor I ask though, when you post a 5+ min long vid, can you post the timestamp to start watching? I don't wanna watch a 15min vid for a 10 sec popuff

Not really popoffs but funny vids

Proven: Top MvC2 & XMvSF player | Proving now: Top Skull Girls player Watch and follow my journey
    www.eightysixed.com - PR manager
    www.facebook.com/eightysixedonline - please "like" us
    www.twitch.tv/eightysixed - Follow us for Skullgirls Salty Cupcakes & more!
    ·
    the timing is much stricter
    on DC? Im bout to cop another from a store in the mall tho

·
    on DC? Im bout to cop another from a store in the mall tho
    no, on DC it's easier. fast fly/unfly is much easier on DC too
    ·
  • PreppyPreppy act like you're used to it Joined: Posts: 12,012 mod
    I'm moving this to the video gallery, as that seems to be what it really is centered around.
    http://zachd.com/mvc2 : My giant archive of fighting game videos, centered around MvC2.
    "If you don't feel like killing yourself every time you lose you will never be good. Apologyman is going to be a monster someday as long as he keeps staying miserable." --Brightside6382
    ·
  • BlackShinobiBlackShinobi Making moves Joined: Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭
    I give you the anti popoff, a shining example of sportsmanship in the fighting game community
    https://www.facebook.com/ShinobeFGC
    twitter.com/shinob_e
    New player gameplay video critique thread. CLICK THE LINK AND CHECK IT OUT.
    Help the community grow one beginner at time.
    ·
    BORING
    ·
    BORING
    You know Yaps ain't gonna popoff against another east coast bruv

Had it been Yipes vs Fanatiq tho...
    TRICK TOOO GEEEEE?
    ·
  • WTF-AKUMA-HAXWTF-AKUMA-HAX I'm well Aware Joined: Posts: 10,225 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know Yaps ain't gonna popoff against another east coast bruv

Had it been Yipes vs Fanatiq tho...
    Fanatiq is el loco negro. You pronounce it like nehg not kneeg.

For:

And especially:

Its like he thinks a peso joke is really funny and beyond that, a point of a discussion, maybe 4 points.
    TheAnswer does have a real job accounting, says as much on his SRK "occupation" in profile.
    You wouldn't even understand if I told you.
    People will forget what you said.
    People will forget what you did.
    But, people will never forget how you made them feel.
    ·
  • Poe22222Poe22222 Raging Flower Child Joined: Posts: 706
    Kind of bummed this got moved to the video gallery thread, but here are those aforementioned stories I just wrote up:

1. Everyone knows what happened between Noel Brown and Smoothviper (If you don't, please exit the thread and educate yourself)... Now, in the wake of that event, a video was posted to YouTube in which Triforce, sitting behind the camera, interviewed Smoothviper about the incident and about his thoughts on Noel in general. The video has since been removed, and I imagine someone saved it but I didn't and I can't find it anywhere else on YouTube.

Here are the highlights of the video that I can remember (not always exact quotes but they're pretty close):
    A. Near the beginning, maybe after talking about the incident a little bit, Erik goes, "First of all... Who the FUCK is Noel Brown? I've made top 8 at Evo # times. And who the fuck is this guy again?"
    B. "Only thing I really know about you is you follow around Justin all the time like his little pet, like [whiny, annoying infantile voice], "JUSTIN!!! JUSTIN!!!!."
    C. "I learned that he used to play Smash Brothers. He went up to some big tournament in Canada and thought he was godlike, and he got bodied, and he fucking cried about it. He sucked at Smash Brothers and he cried when he lost."
    D. My favorite part was at the very end... Erik recaps all of the reasons why he thinks Noel sucks, and he fucking innumerates them not without force but mostly just very matter of factly... "Noel... You're ass. You're ass at Marvel, youre ass at Street Fighter, you're ass at every game. You fucking suck, you're a bitch, and you cried because of Smash Brothers."

Ok sweet, my favorite part of the popoff can be found at the end of this video, at the 2:24 mark:

2. There's a chance video of this could be found in the Twitch archives of the Thursday Night Throwdown, but it would be way buried at this point. Haven't been able to find it on YouTube. One night, I was looking for something to do, and came across the TNT stream... I hadn't really watched any NorCal streams before, and it was refreshing to see some new faces as well as a few of the more well-known NorCal heads in their own environment. Champ was there, sometimes taking a spin on the mic, and he was in full hater mode when it came to the twins (pretty sure this was before AE2012 aka the Twin Nerf Hammer). There was one guy whose name I don't recall and he'd gotten pretty far in the bracket... He played Yun. The non-Champ commentators pointed out that he was a well-respected player in some non-Capcom fighting game - not a total n00b who just picked Yun and started rocking everybody out of nowhere - but Champ was adamant that the guy was basically a random who was tier-whoring and proving how dumb Yun was with his success.

As luck would have it, Champ later faced the Yun. Champ had been using his Seth already that tournament, and there was speculation by the commentators that he would abandon the severely disadvantaged Dhalsim for his Seth, but Champ actually started the set with Sim...

IIRC, the Yun won the first round... and then Champ just fucking DOWNLOADED him. Pretty much the most aggressive Sim play imaginable, right back in Yun's face. Champ perfected him at some point in the set... I'm sure Champ popped off in some fashion right then to his face, but the memorable part was that Champ went over to the commentator's table and picked up the microphone, which was broadcasting over a loud speaker at the venue...

"You're gonna come in here and pick YUN? ... GET DA FUCK OUTTA HEEEERE!"

The other commentators cracked up. Freakin' hilarious. He didn't stop there, but he'd already made his point hahaha definitely one of my favorites even including the well-known ones... Perfect setting, perfect history (Champ losing to that Yun at a major and flipping out), perfect words and delivery.
    Up-Your-Game.com - Participate in nightly streams - FREE online tournaments - Interviews - Meet solid and top players with good vibes who want everybody to level up - av by Tat guy - Be Here Now
    ·

Who was playing in this match ?
    ·
  • eltroubleeltrouble Joined: Posts: 5,624 ✭✭✭✭
    Who was playing in this match ?

Dude, it says their names right in the title of the video.
    ·
    Dude, it says their names right in the title of the video.

I'm watching it from my iPad it does Not show the titles since I'm watching it from srk Also I know it said there names in the video by the dude recording but I wasn't sure which nelson It was but I seen him at the end.
    ·
  • Saint ConnorSaint Connor Wake up Mr. Green... Joined: Posts: 1,113
    ·
13»