The "What Are We Doing While Waiting For The Patch" Thread

MyLifeIsAnRPGMyLifeIsAnRPG The Cerebella NinjaJoined: Posts: 1,073
Alright guys, since the patch thread is getting a liiiiitle out of control, I've created this topic to distract everyone.

DISTRACTION TOPIC!

Instead of constantly asking for updates on what Reverge is doing and whether or not the patch is going out when when and for what reason, let's just talk to each other about what we are doing in the meantime. That way Reverge can get their work done and we won't drive them insane.

I'll start. I've been playing P4A recently, but I'm getting a bit annoyed at the matchups. I play Kanji because grapplers feel like hand sex, but there is very little he can do against Yukiko and Elizabeth, and that's more than a little frustrating. I also, strangely enough, picked up Resonance of Fate... Never played and I heard it was a good RPG
·

Comments

• DravidianDravidian He who is CAT Joined: Posts: 702
    ....I'm playing Skullgirls.

I'm also playing some RPG's and Yakuza 4
    PSN:NeoDeoN; CapcomUnity:Steelballed Dravidian; Tales forum: Dravidian
    Fighting Games I'm playing: UMVC3, SCV, SFIIIOE, and Skullgirls
    ·
  • DudeDude Joined: Posts: 199 ✭✭
    I had no intention of buying P4A, and didn't even know the release was so soon, but I finally watched some footage and bought it on impulse. Really happy about that purchase (first ever Arcsys game for me). I've also still been playing SG. Still my favorite fighter out there, even though my combos don't take full advantage of the ips (and they probably won't until the patch).
    ·
  • djunuudjunuu NADIA BUSINESS Joined: Posts: 60
    I've still been playing Skullgirls. Online has slowed a bit since release, but I still find new people to play every now and then. To stave off my desire for the patch, I just wait, and lurk around the forums. Best way to pass the time for me is to just play the game.
    ·
  • xesxes Evil Forrest Gump Joined: Posts: 2,528
    I'm learning C# so I can do some serious unity scripting.

Stick Fighter 3 here I come! (Art is hard)
    ·
  • SteelyHawkeSteelyHawke Get down to business Joined: Posts: 1,146
    I've been playing a little bit of Fallout 3 PC and I recently rediscovered my love for BB. I also went to my first ever tournament on Friday which was fun. Skullgirls gets about 30 minutes of play every other day since I don't really have anyone to play and there are very few high profile streams for the game anymore.

It's been nice having a little vacation time for the last couple of weeks since I'll be busy as heck again by early September.

Edit: I bought P4A, but it's no substitute for SG.
    ·
  • ChronoSurvivor96ChronoSurvivor96 Joined: Posts: 2
    Checking out Persona's newest upload to his Pixiv account:

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=manga&illust_id=29366439

and checking out the newest game that Paul Robertson is working on.

Still need to pick up P4: Arena too.
    ·
  • view619view619 ざわ ざわ ざわ Joined: Posts: 1,686
    Nigga, you stole my idea right before I could do it. Good shit. D:

I've been hitting the lab, as per usual. Off topic, but how would people feel about a listing of PSN/XBL tags with region for the players who play online currently? I know the psn/xbl threads are there already, but I'm thinking one with a regularly updated listing on the first page would help strengthen the net play a bit until patch release drags everybody back.
    "You can lead a scrub to techniques, but you can't make him think."
    ·
    I've still been playing Skullgirls. Online has slowed a bit since release, but I still find new people to play every now and then. To stave off my desire for the patch, I just wait, and lurk around the forums. Best way to pass the time for me is to just play the game.

Hey, you're Dray 1684 right? We're xbox friends (SultanOfSkwirlz)
    ·
  • Ben PerkinsBen Perkins Joined: Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread is very depressing
    ·
    Checking out Persona's newest upload to his Pixiv account:

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=manga&illust_id=29366439

and checking out the newest game that Paul Robertson is working on.

Still need to pick up P4: Arena too.
    That fits surprisingly well.
    ·
  • DevilJin 01DevilJin 01 Quantum Theorist. Liquid Dubstep Energy Joined: Posts: 33,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Playing UMVC3. Would be playing Skullgirls online but until the patch comes out the netcode is too finnicky for me. Plus I'm sure there's not really a lot of people playing online either way.

I never ended up becoming a fan of the Persona series and I don't really see P4A as much more than less boring Blazblue...so probably won't be playing much of that either. P4A just seems like it's getting a lot of its hype off of the Megami Tensei series and not so much for the gameplay itself or the features. I like the unique designs of the Skullgirls characters that aren't borrowed from an existing series (just like Guilty Gear and new generation cast of SF3).

After playing UMVC3 and Skullgirls there's just so much more variety when you can play more than one character and use their attacks as assists.

Tired of games that revolve around the typical "pick one person and hope the matchups add up"
    Ready for first KI at Evo 2k14 SRK'S DAY ONE XBOX ONE/KILLER INSTINCT OWNERS: DevilJin01(GLACIUS, FULGORE, SADIRA maybe Orchid), Purbeast, Koop, Rcaido, FlyingVe, Eiroheart, Onyx, Mayonaka, Lulipe, iluspook, Ultimaotaku, Rekano, Churrasco, DIEK STIEKEM ------- XBL: TheoryJin PSN: PervyJin01
    ·
  • Mr. XMr. X Non Stop ∞ Climax Joined: Posts: 20,013 ✭✭✭
    Learning more of the SG cast, VF5FS
    "You are all just as bad as the people you hate. You're only interested in characters based on tears." - Since1717
    NO STREAM = DEAD GAME
    PSN: X_the_Genius | GGPO: Mr X | Skype: MisterEcks
    ·
    Playing UMVC3. Would be playing Skullgirls online but until the patch comes out the netcode is too finnicky for me. Plus I'm sure there's not really a lot of people playing online either way.

I never ended up becoming a fan of the Persona series and I don't really see P4A as much more than less boring Blazblue...so probably won't be playing much of that either. P4A just seems like it's getting a lot of its hype off of the Megami Tensei series and not so much for the gameplay itself or the features. I like the unique designs of the Skullgirls characters that aren't borrowed from an existing series (just like Guilty Gear and new generation cast of SF3).

After playing UMVC3 and Skullgirls there's just so much more variety when you can play more than one character and use their attacks as assists.

Tired of games that revolve around the typical "pick one person and hope the matchups add up"
    I decided to play umvc today....I somehow got worse. I'm definitely better at SG now
    ·
  • DiscoSharkDiscoShark Joined: Posts: 257
    I genuinely tried to get back into SCV or SF4 ... I then laughed at my own silliness and played some more SG.
    PSN : DiscoShark
    KOF : Kula-Mr.Karate-Andy
    Skullgirls : Filia-Peacock-Double
    ·
  • guitalex2007guitalex2007 Joined: Posts: 3,023
    I genuinely tried to get back into SCV or SF4 ... I then laughed at my own silliness and played some more SG.
    ^ Playing this guy a lot lol

Also trying to learn Valentine, mostly because she was one of the people I actually wanted to learn but had such a connection with solo Fortune that I completely ignored her.
    Ms. Fortune is great. Everybody likes a little head action every now and then.
    Stream here! Follow @guitalex on Twitter for stream updates!
    ·
  • LarthyLarthy Kissed by a goddess Joined: Posts: 436 ✭✭
    This thread is very depressing
    I know, right? Guuuys~! I'm still about to buy the game. Don't discourage me like this! :'3

·
  • Ben PerkinsBen Perkins Joined: Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know, right? Guuuys~! I'm still about to buy the game. Don't discourage me like this! :'3

The game's hella fun, don't let ANYTHING discourage you.
    ·
  • Firekid2468Firekid2468 Keep the Flag Flying Joined: Posts: 922
    Playing SG, BB, P4A, UMvC3....

>_>

and every pokemon game ever
    BB: Makoto, Noel
    MvC3: X-23/Wesker/Strider
    SG: Filia/Squigly/M. Fortune
    RTSD all day, erry day.
    ·
  • ukyo_rulzukyo_rulz Joined: Posts: 2,999 ✭✭✭
    I'm on Disgaea 3 until Tekken Tag 2 comes out, at which point I will either try to get into Tag or go back to SG depending on whether the game is patched by then.
    "Being degrading or insulting is not the same as being hype." - Mike Z
    ·
  • evilweevleevilweevle Xbox GT : MrFossy Joined: Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭
    im still playing the game of course! some days more than others, but its the only fighter im plsying atm
    3DS friend code : 0232 8273 2994
    ·
  • Broseidon RexBroseidon Rex God of the Brocean Joined: Posts: 118
    Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. This week, it's Donkey Kong 64.
    ·
  • VulpesVulpes No. Joined: Posts: 3,677 ✭✭✭
    Playing DotA2 .. sighing at wasted potential ..
    Why.
    ·
  • girlystylegirlystyle Only plays Fugazi Joined: Posts: 1,804
    I have been working...have a lot of projects on my plate right now that I need to push off my plate by end of August .
    people only pay attention to me because of my vagina awesome penis
    ·
  • Master ChibiMaster Chibi .: Dynamites! :. Joined: Posts: 14,934 mod
    Trying to do 4 weeks of school work in two days~

:|
    ·
  • mcpeanutsmcpeanuts Joined: Posts: 287
    I've been playing Skullgirls.
    ·
  • djunuudjunuu NADIA BUSINESS Joined: Posts: 60
    Hey, you're Dray 1684 right? We're xbox friends (SultanOfSkwirlz)
    Indeed I am, haha.
    ·
  • BuffaloBuffalo The Totally Fab Bison Joined: Posts: 138
    Playing Skyrim again, waiting for TTT2, watching Madoka Magica.

All at once.
    If you come at me on some disrespectful shit and you're within arm's reach, anyone can get slapped.

SG - Filia/Parasoul | TTT2 - Jun/Ling | MK9 - Sonya, Jade, Kitana
    ·
  • Ian ConwayIan Conway Rocket to Rail Joined: Posts: 131
    Playing Warsow, CPMA, and Quakelive : /
    ·
  • 0chocolachao00chocolachao0 Your Drunk Roomate Joined: Posts: 160
    I'm actually playing Assassins Creed multiplayer and P4A.
    It's my first time with this Arcsys fighting going on and it's been pretty hard. Fighting with four buttons is irritating!!! I like the Skullgirls style better to be honest. I bought the game on impulse too and I am having weird mixed feelings with P4A.

When the patch comes out, I'm totally going to play Skullgirls all the time.
    Is that girl a boy too?
    I play Skullgirls! Have a match with me please!
    Team: Filiawheel
    PSN: ChocolaChao
    ·
  • MyLifeIsAnRPGMyLifeIsAnRPG The Cerebella Ninja Joined: Posts: 1,073

Today... while waiting for the patch... I am watching this on repeat... I don't know why this is so funny... but it is *stares zombified*

This is what I do when I get too salty to play P4A.
    ·

Today... while waiting for the patch... I am watching this on repeat... I don't know why this is so funny... but it is *stares zombified*

This is what I do when I get too salty to play P4A.
    I feel bad for actually liking this song. It's like the Korean pitbull, but I can't help but dance to it.

Plus the guy in yellow's got swag.
    If you come at me on some disrespectful shit and you're within arm's reach, anyone can get slapped.

·
  • Scrub SaibotScrub Saibot IT'S ME AUSTIN! Joined: Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭
    Not playing this game anymore.
    YOU ALL BOUGHT IT!
    EVEN MY FAMILY, EVEN MY IMMEDIATE FAMILY BOUGHT IT!
    ·
    Why not?
    ·
  • evilweevleevilweevle Xbox GT : MrFossy Joined: Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭
    downloaded that dust : elysian tale last nite on xbl. seems like a good game was surprised to find out its like a metroidvania and not just a hack and slash. graphics are awesome on it too.
    3DS friend code : 0232 8273 2994
    ·
  • RoGE9RoGE9 Joined: Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭✭
    P4A, loving the game so far. I'll still play SG though, the game is fun even in its current version.
    ·
  • ZeitvorZeitvor Just call me "Z" Joined: Posts: 23
    I've been playing Skullgirls and a lot of other games.
    ·
  • shiningnegroshiningnegro Joined: Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭
    Making a company
    Lone Wolf Pack Interactive (New Indie Game Company)
    PSN: OneNappyNinja
    Main Games: TTT2 (Mains - Lily/Bruce) & SSF4:AE2012 (Main - Ibuki)
    SRK Fairy Gym Leader (Wifi) Friend Code: 1693-0954-9411
    ·
  • mcpeanutsmcpeanuts Joined: Posts: 287
    That blows. How am I supposed to get my rematch?
    ·
  • BlakenBlaken Joined: Posts: 486
    Trying to survive in my job.
    Searching for P4A
    Playing P3P
    I wish I had more time D:
    ·
    That blows. How am I supposed to get my rematch?
    When the patch comes out and the game stops being a contest of who can spend the most time practicing one touch kills in training mode, then maybe I'll start playing again.
    YOU ALL BOUGHT IT!
    ·
    Why not?
    Because it's not very good. See above.
    YOU ALL BOUGHT IT!
    ·
  • ZidianeZidiane HyperCharging YOLO STAR Joined: Posts: 1,224
    Well, I've been waiting for that Skullgirls update. Not the patch, the Zone flash. We get (NSFW) fan art, publicity for the game from a fairly popular flash maker, and a distracting side event between now and the patch. Instead of waiting for that like a pervert I'd probably be playing P4, but I don't like any of the character designs. There were a few I liked, but the ones I liked moved funny. And that on top of the fact that I haven't played the Persona games with those characters means I just can't play it.
    xbl/psn: Zidiane/zidiane5
    Skullgirls: Cerebella, SSB Melee: Kirby, Samus
    Ever wonder how to play Cerebella, of Skullgirls fame? Here's a guide I made!
    ·
    That flash is shaping up to be fucking glorious. Too bad I don't swing that way or I'd be all over that shit.

·
    Because it's not very good. See above.
    Meh.

Either way, not playing the game because a patch (that may or may not come within the next few months) is going to fix things isn't a very compelling reason to quit the game.

Take the time to learn another character in the meantime. That's what I did and now I got some hot "Cock and Pussy" action going.
    ·
    Well, I've been waiting for that Skullgirls update. Not the patch, the Zone flash. We get (NSFW) fan art, publicity for the game from a fairly popular flash maker, and a distracting side event between now and the patch. Instead of waiting for that like a pervert I'd probably be playing P4, but I don't like any of the character designs. There were a few I liked, but the ones I liked moved funny. And that on top of the fact that I haven't played the Persona games with those characters means I just can't play it.
    I haven't played persona yet, but the art style and color palette are beautiful. The animation look a bit stiff though and I think they tried to cover that up with the speed of the game. I might grt it later though....after I buy and play persona 4. I'm still going through 3 fez
    Take the time to learn another character in the meantime. That's what I did and now I got some hot "Cock and Pussy" action going.
    mmmm. Delicious co-
    wait what?
    Can we chainge that to Pea/Pee and Pussy? I'd prefer that fetish over cock and pussy; I'd prefer the opposite genders party favors, if you know what I mean =P
    ·
  • Honor BasquiatHonor Basquiat Joined: Posts: 1,361
    My problem is while waiting for this patch I am very discouraged to play the game without the patch. I know a lot of people are like "just memorize the way the new IPS is and just play like that" or "just factor in the meter loss Peacock has when doing combos" or "just remember what is on the change logs" but just to be honest, that's way to complicated for me. I need the game to actually tell me when I'm violating IPS, and I just don't want to bother learning much new stuff because I'm worried I'll have to forget new stuff I learned.

I was considering just going to the character forums to practice stuff that other people came up with that works post patch. Either from people who have access to the patch (people like Sev) or people who actually are able to memorize the way the new IPS works and form combos and technology around it. The only problem is either the forums are dead and people aren't posting, people are hoarding new technology or they are posting technology about characters I am less interested in playing.

Regardless, I sometimes pick up the game and practice my resets with Parasoul or dick around in training mode. I can't play people in person because my friends who play this game live in SoCal and I'm in the Bay Area now. So it's really discouraging, so I've been playing a lot of Marvel in the mean time and I really am looking forward to this patch being released because this probably is my favorite fighting game, but I really don't like practicing when I feel like I'm walking on pins and needles because the game is going to dramatically change.
    Marvel 3: Super Skrull/Taskmaster/Felicia Skullgirls: Valentine/Parasoul

If you are a member of the fighting game community and you aren't play Skullgirls you're doing it wrong.
    ·
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird Put a smile on that face Joined: Posts: 13,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been playing P4A and Atelier Totori with some VF5 on the side. I got the bad ending in Totori and it's been a bit demoralizing
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    ·
    Meh.

Either way, not playing the game because a patch (that may or may not come within the next few months) is going to fix things isn't a very compelling reason to quit the game.

I'm not deciding not to play the game because the patch is coming, I'm deciding not to play the game because the game sucks right now and it will suck until the patch comes out.

And who are you to tell me what isn't a good reason to quit the game?
    YOU ALL BOUGHT IT!
    ·
    Lot's of stuff

I can kinda understand what you're saying, but for the most part the neutral game is gonna stay the same. That's the most important thing is landing that first hit, so as far as the game changing "drastically" I'd disagree to an extent.
    ·
  • view619view619 ざわ ざわ ざわ Joined: Posts: 1,686
    Not being able to throw Double out stupidly whenever there's a lull in the fight means neutral game is going to change drastically, imo. When it becomes less about throwing x assist out and picking up on the hit into extended combo and more about working your way into a position to get a better opening in general, this game will be amazing. Just don't focus on learning new IPS breaking combos and work on other parts of your game and the patch shouldn't fuck you up at all.

Also, I have Peacock stuff that should work post patch if you're interested. Need to revive the forums in general.
    "You can lead a scrub to techniques, but you can't make him think."
    ·