Persona 4 Arena Stream & Commentary Thread - Season's Beatings Ascension!

maziodynemaziodyne Demi-FiendJoined: Posts: 7,746
I feel we should have one of these too, like in the UMvC3 forum. Whenever a stream's on feel free to post here for commentary with the other people on here. A more refined version of stream monstering, perhaps.

Any other streams I should be notified of? Feel free to inform me and I'll edit this post.

Wednesday Night Fights and The Runback: twitch.tv/leveluplive
The Break Weekly on 8 Way Run: twitch.tv/8wayrun
NorCal stream on FinestKO: twitch.tv/FinestKO
PeacefulJay Online lobbies: twitch.tv/peacefuljay
Online lobbies from Japan: twitch.tv/thebrett
24/7 Endless lobbies: twitch.tv/toptiergaming (360) and twitch.tv/toptiergaming2 (PS3)
SRK Live: twitch.tv/srklive
JiyunaJP (high level Japanese play): twitch.tv/jiyuna

FGC Personalities:
HonzoGonzo (ranked matches): twitch.tv/honzo_gonzo
MarlinPie, Nina, and Mr. Quotes (UMvC3 and P4A): twitch.tv/live_oratory
FGTV with Dacidbro (UMvC3 and P4A): twitch.tv/fgtvlive

Comments

• Leon63Leon63 Joined: Posts: 9,624
    NorCal stream, with Training Mode sessions, Online sessions, and weekly events: http://www.twitch.tv/finestko

Online Lobby, training mode, cooking. From Japan: http://www.twitch.tv/thebrett

Wednesday Night Fights: http://www.twitch.tv/leveluplive

Ranked battles, at least for now. We'll have to see if he'll keep playing this game: http://www.twitch.tv/honzo_gonzo

Online Lobby: http://www.twitch.tv/peacefuljay
  • maziodynemaziodyne Demi-Fiend Joined: Posts: 7,746
    Henry Cen's Mitsuru is really good. Ridiculous pressure with Coup and solid combos. This is the dude to watch for Mitsuru play whenever Big Two's on.
  • AceKillahAceKillah behind the scenes Joined: Posts: 15,811
    Nice.
    "Smash is the Walmart of fighting games. There's nothing inherently wrong with Walmart, but damned if I don't want 95% of its clientele to burn to death." -Vynce
    We got a Kanji vortex going?
  • TetsuroTetsuro Joined: Posts: 701
    Mitsuru is every frauds wet dream come true...
  • AceKillahAceKillah behind the scenes Joined: Posts: 15,811
    Mitsuru is every frauds wet dream come true...

Sounds like the top tiers in Marvel :lol:
    "Smash is the Walmart of fighting games. There's nothing inherently wrong with Walmart, but damned if I don't want 95% of its clientele to burn to death." -Vynce
  • jamal313jamal313 >plays top tier >never wins. Joined: Posts: 12,702
    "if you can't accept losing you cant win." UMVC3: viper/dante/strider
    persona 4: Yosuke
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
    I was losing my god damn mind rooting for hardbread to beat da based mitsuru over on the big two. He was working so damn hard for each meager hit.
  • CorreaCorrea HYPER CATINEL FORCE Joined: Posts: 177
    Henry Cen's Mitsuru is really good. Ridiculous pressure with Coup and solid combos. This is the dude to watch for Mitsuru play whenever Big Two's on.

Actually, there were a lot of holes in his pressure. A lot of times Teddie could have just mashed out of her strings (blocked Coup into jump is extremely unsafe), he was just too scared to do it, probably lack of matchup experience since the game is so new.

Would have liked to have seen more EX Coup for spacing and A Coup into throw in the corner. Solid combos though.
    PSN: tcorrea
    P4A: Mitsuru
    UMVC3: Doom / Storm / Sentinel
    Actually, there were a lot of holes in his pressure. A lot of times Teddie could have just mashed out of her strings (blocked Coup into jump is extremely unsafe), he was just too scared to do it, probably lack of matchup experience since the game is so new.

Would have liked to have seen more EX Coup for spacing and A Coup into throw in the corner. Solid combos though.
    Just out of curiosity do you happen to know how much blockstun coup does, or atleast if it's + or -?
  • CorreaCorrea HYPER CATINEL FORCE Joined: Posts: 177
    I don't know what the actual frame data is, but after playing a pretty good Akihiko earlier today for about 3~4 hours, I'm fairly certain there's nothing she can do to keep him blocking after he blocks an A Coup at close range (short of burning an OMC or a burst, I guess). Can't 5A, 2A, 4B, B+D, A+B, jump, roll or throw, his 2A beats all of those. It was online, so I could have just been off by a few frames on the follow-ups, but the connection was pretty good and we played a ton of matches, so I'm pretty sure most of that should be accurate.

And the other versions are slower, so they're all definitely negative, though I don't know by how much. Also don't know how other character's 5A/2As compare to Akihiko's, but I'm guessing most should have a similar type of answer to that.
    PSN: tcorrea
    P4A: Mitsuru
    UMVC3: Doom / Storm / Sentinel
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,072 mod
    You can autocombo into the A.Coup, holding back all the time so that you can cancel the recovery into another A.Coup as soon as he moves. Other than that, don't use A.Coup in block strings (unless it's from an autocombo).
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO
  • HellfromaboveHellfromabove Joined: Posts: 2,575 mod
    I run 2 24/7 streams for P4A. One is for 360 and the other is for PS3. Both are Endless lobbies. Since I'm good friends with a lot of top players they do tend to come in the rooms a lot to play. The links are:

www.twitch.tv/toptiergaming/
    www.twitch.tv/toptiergaming2/

I'll be doing some prize giveaways hopefully next weekend. Something like you win 20 or 30 games straight then beat me in a first to 3 and I'll give you a $20 gift card to where ever you want.

-Tha Hindu
    Cool, I'll add that in the first post. :D
    It seems Thursday Night Throwdown added this game to its roster.

It's streaming right now: http://www.twitch.tv/srklive
  • zUkUuzUkUu Theory Pro Joined: Posts: 4,396
    awesome. there can't be enough persona around!
    我道
    I tuned in to the Thursday Night Throwdown stream and to my surprise it was S.Lab v Yukiko. What universe am I living in where it isn't Mitsuru v Chie all day err' day.
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 25,662
    Seeing more than one player playing Kenji feels good
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    this game is so incredible fun to watch AND play. and so much hype potential, mvc could be envious.
    seriously, best FG in almost 5 years.
    我道
    I tuned in to the Thursday Night Throwdown stream and to my surprise it was S.Lab v Yukiko. What universe am I living in where it isn't Mitsuru v Chie all day err' day.
    I don't think I've seen even one Chie at any NorCal Tournament yet. If there was one, it got knocked out quickly.
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 25,662
    Dacid and 2GB grand final was hype as fuck. Aki clean sweep was very impressive. Shame 2GB fulled up his built-in memory
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • farplanerfarplaner Joined: Posts: 636
    I tuned in to the Thursday Night Throwdown stream and to my surprise it was S.Lab v Yukiko.

That's a pretty bad matchup for Yukiko...
    Cross Counter will be streaming P4A at 7:30 PST/10:30 EST. Tune in at: twitch.tv/crosscountertv!
    Cross Counter will be streaming P4A at 7:30 PST/10:30 EST. Tune in at: twitch.tv/crosscountertv!
    is that in 30 minutes?
    我道
  • JazzJazz Pagua Sonfa Joined: Posts: 3,087
    How is jiyunas stream not on the list...:rolleyes::confused:
    I think some ppl should join the madden community
    is that in 30 minutes?

Aye.
    How is jiyunas stream nit on the list

Forgot, adding now.
  • ThatJollyOlBastidThatJollyOlBastid soon Joined: Posts: 19,826
    I don't think I've seen even one Chie at any NorCal Tournament yet. If there was one, it got knocked out quickly.
    All in due time.
    "Seth is like McDonald's. You can learn to make the same burger in 2 days as the person who's worked there for 5 years" ~ Dogura
  • Phillpro1Phillpro1 Joined: Posts: 3,041
    yep in 30 mins
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Philltastic1
    PSN: I_Love_New_York
    MvC3: Zero/Ammy/Phoenix
    Morrigan/Doom/Ammy (bloom)
    Stream is up. Finally, it only took 50 freakin' minutes to find parking space...
    www.twitch.tv/live_oratory

MarlinPie going to play with NerdJosh(?). Not sure
    "Seth is like McDonald's. You can learn to make the same burger in 2 days as the person who's worked there for 5 years" ~ Dogura
  • SUPARNOVAXSUPARNOVAX 必殺技 Joined: Posts: 5,809 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    We're (NYC) having a P4A tournament at Next Level being organized by the Team St1ckbuG guys.

It will be streamed at www.twitch.tv/goldencen
    "Defeat is a state of mind. No one is ever defeated until defeat has been accepted as reality. To me, defeat in anything is merely temporary, and its punishment is but an urge for me to greater effort to achieve my goal. Defeat simply tells me that something is wrong in my doing; it is a path leading to success and truth." ~ Bruce Lee
    www.twitch.tv/finestko

JuiceNation going on, Persona, KOF and Marvel i think.
    MarlinPie is streaming Persona lobbies now.

http://twitch.tv/live_oratory
    www.twitch.tv/8wayrun

Local Battles ft. P4A right now. MVC3 later
    www.twitch.tv/8wayrun

Local Battles ft. P4A right now. MVC3 later
    Damn you! You're fast
    "Defeat is a state of mind. No one is ever defeated until defeat has been accepted as reality. To me, defeat in anything is merely temporary, and its punishment is but an urge for me to greater effort to achieve my goal. Defeat simply tells me that something is wrong in my doing; it is a path leading to success and truth." ~ Bruce Lee
    我道
    Jiyuna live www.twitch.tv/jiyunaJP

SBO champion Shuuto is in lobby clapping dem cheeks right now
  • farplanerfarplaner Joined: Posts: 636
    Jiyuna live www.twitch.tv/jiyunaJP

SBO champion Shuuto is in lobby clapping dem cheeks right now

The address is wrong: http://www.twitch.tv/jiyuna
    The stream today was godlike, will watch again.
  • Nitro NoodlezNitro Noodlez ヽ(*゚д゚)ノ Joined: Posts: 5,878
    P4A and GG casuals going on at Summer Jam. Tournament will start up soon.

http://www.twitch.tv/st1ckbug
  • J-Will!J-Will! Joined: Posts: 6
    this is the greatest afternoon ever
    119 sign ups for P4A. Sweet.
    also lol NerdJosh grinding out P4A so hard and missed sign up
    joshg.gif
    http://www.twitch.tv/8wayrun

SaltyBattles # 28
  • KefKef Joined: Posts: 3,170
    This debate is making me lose brain cells.

"I am from anime"
    "Wolfkrone's... ok ... he's pretty good"
    If you wanna play some MVC2/Xrd/SFV: PSN: I-kef-I SFV ID: I-kef-I
    From Miami, if you are in the area, don't be afraid to PM me for some locals.

"Don't be nice, it's Marvel son, the origin of hatred. The game ain't about being nice. If you want to be nice play Tea Party Adventures. They go that shit on DS I heard." - Romneto
  • janoDXjanoDX Beautiful puppet Joined: Posts: 2,548
    Edit: I'm wrong, it was another guy on Twitter, Chris G said he made no sense...
    Playing lots of stuff right now.
    Follow me on Twitter!: iamnotjanodx
    PSN: JanoGX
  • doyoudigwormsdoyoudigworms ..... Joined: Posts: 592
    I listened to the debate between Rokunaya (?) and ChrisG. It seemed like both parties were making attempts to articulate their arguements but just could not convey their points. It's a shame. I see both perspectives, sounds like they just need to weed out the bad attitude players.
    3S: Q / VS: Aulbath/Victor / ST: DeeJay / A2: Rose
  • ludthinksludthinks LudLike Joined: Posts: 544
    Hey, i host ranbats in my area locally every tuesdays. Here is our stream, please check it out and teach us how to play this game properly.
    http://www.justin.tv/heru2680
    Thanks.
    Ludthinks
    UMvc3: Chun, Storm, Nova
    SSf4: Chun li
    Tekken 6 BR: Asuka, Lei wulong
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
  • KefKef Joined: Posts: 3,170
    If you wanna play some MVC2/Xrd/SFV: PSN: I-kef-I SFV ID: I-kef-I
    From Miami, if you are in the area, don't be afraid to PM me for some locals.

"Don't be nice, it's Marvel son, the origin of hatred. The game ain't about being nice. If you want to be nice play Tea Party Adventures. They go that shit on DS I heard." - Romneto
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,072 mod
    IMO, we don't have enough Persona 4 footage on the front page these days. However, I know the stuff is out there. So I'm gonna ask you guys for help. Start hammering the tip box (or sending me PMs) with replays from all these streams you keep posting. I wanna start seeing lots of P4 content coming our way.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO