PSN Players

Comments

• Ryu24Ryu24 Retired 3S Titan Joined: Posts: 1,423
    I wouldn't blame him. I also quit the moment somewhat chooses her.
  • LamperougeLamperouge Joined: Posts: 93
    I don't have many issues fighting her. This ain't Street Fighter 4.

If any characters in this game deserve a quit on the select screen, it's the twins and Elena(I loathe fighting her).
    Playstation Network: TheOmegaShen
    SFV: Ibuki(Main), Alex
    SF3: Ibuki(Main), Ken, Alex
    Ibuki online is basically a mash fest. Precision, whiff punishes, reactions are almost nonexistent and so the faster masher wins the fight. =[
  • AlexisdabombAlexisdabomb Joined: Posts: 2,528
    Ryu24 wrote: »
    Ibuki online is basically a mash fest. Precision, whiff punishes, reactions are almost nonexistent and so the faster masher wins the fight. =[

Her dash may as well be an invincible teleport online.
    "I wish someone would flex in front of the camera and say I'm awesome....

;_; "

Dander.
  • KD AlphaKD Alpha "KD Alpha is the final boss of Laker hating." Joined: Posts: 1,356
    On PS3 and Fightcade, Ibuki jump ins are free, target combos safe, and parrying in lag isn't worth it because of her stun/damage output. Her super is unparryable and her dashes are literal teleports. She's also safe on all whiffed or blocked specials.

Online tier list:

S+: Ibuki

S: Gill

A+: Makoto SA2, Dash Offense Only Ken, Twelve, Remy, Elena

A: Dudley, Ryu SA2/3, Necro SA1, Alex SA3, Urien, Akuma, Yun, Chun SA1/2

A-: Oro, Sean

C-: Q, Hugo, Yang
  • EricGGMusicEricGGMusic Online Tournament Organizer Joined: Posts: 1,754
    uhhhh what ?

Chun shouldn't be as low as she is. There's not a lot of people that play her. Remy is definitely not that good. Still too many flaws that even the casual onliner can get around.

I'd say Sean isn't even that bad for any of the people that actually play Sean. QCF+P is like a Ken dashing forward

Anyone interested in running some FT5/FT10s?
    PSN: Simply_EGGy
    MvC2: Rogue/Sent/CapCom
    3SO: Chun Li, Remy, Sean
    SSF4 AE: E.Honda, Chun Li
  • IbokiIboki Joined: Posts: 206
    Why did srk take out the wtf button
  • DevdanDevdan Joined: Posts: 538
    KD Alpha's post makes me think I've been playing a different 3S than everyone else this whole time. Yang is great in lag. You can slash all day. I guess the inability to hitconfirm hurts Chun, but not THAT much.
  • KD AlphaKD Alpha "KD Alpha is the final boss of Laker hating." Joined: Posts: 1,356
    Yang's low health + minimal overall damage + lack of reversal options make him harder to win with in lag imo. You can slash as you please in lag, but that doesn't net you much in the long run and it's almost impossible to play good defense with him in lag.

I ranked the characters according to how dependent they are on hit confirms/reads/parries/reactions. The more dependent they are on those things the lower on the list they are.
    KD Alpha wrote: »
    On PS3 and Fightcade, Ibuki jump ins are free, target combos safe, and parrying in lag isn't worth it because of her stun/damage output. Her super is unparryable and her dashes are literal teleports. She's also safe on all whiffed or blocked specials.

Online tier list:

Fist fucking Bump my dude. I'd remove Gill, and put Makoto and Urien above Ibuki. If you can't quickrise against Urien you die from midscreen unblockable. If you can't react to a dash throw or tick throw Karakusa against Makoto you most likely die.

;_; "

Dander.

I'll take pleasure in annoying people with her, then. >:)

KD Alpha wrote: »

Online tier list:

Akuma should be WAY higher...
    Didn't even notice how low Alex and Urien were. SA3 is garbage unless the lag is so bad that you might as well hit random buttons, but Alex's normals and specials get way too much lucky guess mileage. Urien is S++++ in lag, there's basically nothing you can do against him; except that I've tried using Urien online and I don't win THAT much more than when I use other characters. Must be a connection thing, I really don't understand it. I'll lose to Uriens who barely know what they're doing sometimes if they get one lucky shoulder rush into SA3.

Also, no idea what 12 is doing up there. I've fought one good 12.
    Devdan wrote: »
    Didn't even notice how low Alex and Urien were. SA3 is garbage unless the lag is so bad that you might as well hit random buttons, but Alex's normals and specials get way too much lucky guess mileage. Urien is S++++ in lag, there's basically nothing you can do against him; except that I've tried using Urien online and I don't win THAT much more than when I use other characters. Must be a connection thing, I really don't understand it. I'll lose to Uriens who barely know what they're doing sometimes if they get one lucky shoulder rush into SA3.

Also, no idea what 12 is doing up there. I've fought one good 12.

You're just not being enough of a scumbag with Urien to win online. You have to do more dash throws, random Headbutts, random Shoulders, fullscreen Shoulders, etc.

Twelve (like everyone in the cast) has stupid gimmicks that work online. Online Twelve's like to mash throw on wakeup because it beats a well-timed meaty. That and a lot of j.HK then Throw and shit like that.

;_; "

Dander.
    edited December 2015
    Hadouguile, Joe Zaza, and Fodderf-cker when he was on abuse the hell out of lag to make things that should be punishable safe and hard or next to impossible to parry.

It's also relatively impossible to meaty them, as they throw or back dash on wake up 99% of the time. Also, they mash low short during block stun and are constantly spending meter on EX dive bombs.

Not that they're unbeatable, but they would lose a lot more if the connections didn't enable them as much.

No one has to agree with my tier list, it's mostly based off my personal experiences from playing on PSN and Fightcade, where there is a much larger number of players who base their play style off their connection than other places I've played.
    Joe Zaza was the one Twelve I mentioned. I also lost to his Dudley so many times one night, and I just can't understand how anyone can parry that much online with like 300 ping. It's like he's a witch. Also, I had like 3 separate KO rollbacks into "nope, you got parried into a HK ex MGB combo" over the course of 5 matches. Ug.
  • exodusexodus anti-vid scrub advocate! Joined: Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    this entire discussion is laughable, stoppppp
    exodus wrote: »
    this entire discussion is laughable, stoppppp

I am totally serious.

3164wnb.png

• ryan.ryan. Joined: Posts: 1,918
    Online isn't real 3rd strike. The sooner you realize that the more fun you'll have.

I realized this on OG Xbox playing against random cocksuckers.

Ibuki is so good online it's not even fair.

Yang isn't bad online though. Just play abare style and no one will be able to punish your shit.

Chun is def weak online. If you can't hit confirm you can wait for her to make a mistake or just go willy nilly and she has nothing.

The most scary thing about a mediocre chun is their anger when you own them.
  • EricGGMusicEricGGMusic Online Tournament Organizer Joined: Posts: 1,754
    Joe Zaza is a legit fighting game player and not a random 09er scrub though. While his main game during 3s' time was MvC2, he probably played against some decent competition when there was a lineup to play marvel
    PSN: Simply_EGGy
    MvC2: Rogue/Sent/CapCom
    3SO: Chun Li, Remy, Sean
    SSF4 AE: E.Honda, Chun Li
  • IglooBobIglooBob Bob the builder Joined: Posts: 4,039
    my favorite people to beat are the guys who played 3s in the mid 2000s but stopped when sf4 came out. even online I wanna show them how the game left them behind! personally I feel the game has evolved a lot since the evo years so I don't put much stock in what people say about them playing "good local competition" in 2007 or whatever.

that being said I've never played Joe Zaza but his death scene is the only good part of The Godfather part 3

I know it's not real 3S, but most of the time it's what I've got. I just haven't had the experience with Ibuki everyone else seems to. I see her once or twice every 100 matches. Meanwhile Urien is possibly the most used character online, and things never go well for me when I fight him unless he screws up really bad. It seems like forward momentum moves like his shoulder charge (and Makoto's hayate) also cause a brief lag spike, and I can never react properly on block. It's irritating every time.

Also, this is the PSN players thread, so...I mean, what are supposed to talk about?
  • ryan.ryan. Joined: Posts: 1,918
    Learn anti Urien style. It's pretty easy
  • _Exiled__Exiled_ Joined: Posts: 1,249
    Oh shit Joe zaza plays this game?!?!?!?!?!?!
    Going back to the classics....
    -Pointless forum OLDIES (summer 2004-spring 2005)
    -Fighting game era OLDIES (fall 2000-spring 2007)
    -Wrestlers OLDIES (attitude era 1999/wcw 1999)
    -Davey Havok // Tom Morello // Flea // Travis Barker

I <3 you all!!!
    I rage quit from Joe Zaza's mashing 12 all the time. Now we have staring contests on ranked matches in which I always win.
  • akuaku スピリチュアルやからね! Joined: Posts: 3,865
    isotopez wrote: »
    Meaty uppercut online uriens. Gets them everytime

I just throw wakeup cr.HP in Urien mirrors and half the time I'll connect. Conversely I eat just as many.
    I rage quit from Joe Zaza's mashing 12 all the time. Now we have staring contests on ranked matches in which I always win.

You're just mad because you haven't mastered the art of teleportation like he has. >:(
    Haven't seen zaza since he came to super arcade in 2002 :o

I <3 you all!!!
    Who are the most notable Hugo players on PSN?
  • andrew_janDekandrew_janDek Joined: Posts: 100
    Yeah zaza 12 generally crushes me
    Eddyroids (on wireless)
    Nibbiteddbit or something.
    WickedElement
    Exotech
    Can't believe I've known wicked offline for like almost 9 years

I <3 you all!!!
    Wicked is solid, don't think Exo counts, not his main character.
  • akuaku スピリチュアルやからね! Joined: Posts: 3,865
    Wicked's a solid Hugo. Played him some sets one night during a party, and he was the best guy there besides Duralath.
    IglooBob wrote: »
    my favorite people to beat are the guys who played 3s in the mid 2000s but stopped when sf4 came out. even online I wanna show them how the game left them behind! personally I feel the game has evolved a lot since the evo years so I don't put much stock in what people say about them playing "good local competition" in 2007 or whatever.

that being said I've never played Joe Zaza but his death scene is the only good part of The Godfather part 3

I think Godfather 3 was a pretty good flick.

;_; "

Dander.
  • sidewindersidewinder Stiff Arm... Joined: Posts: 666 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Exo beastly hugo. <3
    im not that good , but there's always room for improvement... i think
  • DuralathDuralath 3S Gatekeeper Joined: Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Eddyroids (on wireless)
    Nibbiteddbit or something.
    WickedElement
    Exotech

ni4niEdbit, something like that?
    CFN: Duralath/ServantArcher FightCade: ServantArcher/Kyros Valchion
    3rd Strike: Alex/Makoto/Yun
    Street Fighter V:: Karin/Alex
    twitch.tv/Duralath
    Shoot to thrill.
    edited December 2015
    Did Eddyroids change his name to DropDeadEddy?

Not unless he changed his Internet plan.